[Feedback] Download Issues

Comments

• fernteixefernteixe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    slow as hell
  • laveezylaveezy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tehgunky wrote: »
    Ok, for anyone having trouble with Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate generating the Patcher Error, I may have found a workaround.

Step 1: go here and download the Star Trek Online launcher:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=505501

Step 2: open the STO launcher. In the upper right corner, there's a link for Options. Click that, and in the little window that pops up, tick the box for "Show All Games."

Step 3: Restart the launcher and login. On the bottom left, under the STO newsfeed promo thing, there will be a dropdown menu for Shards - these are the different games. Select "Neverwinter - Neverwinter"

Step 4: Patching should begin automatically. Hit Engage when fully patched.
    This worked perfectly, thanks!
  • lifedoorlifedoor Member Posts: 34
    edited April 2013
    When I download the game, I get either stuck on Execute or Copy. The ONE time I was lucky enough to get past that, I was able to get to 47.5% and then the game crashed and WOULD NOT go past copying. I have to delete the entire thing to be able to make progress, then it doesn't EVER GET PAST COPYING!!!!

Please help to fix this :(
  • tonyacttonyact Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tehgunky wrote: »
    Ok, for anyone having trouble with Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate generating the Patcher Error, I may have found a workaround.

Step 1: go here and download the Star Trek Online launcher:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=505501

Step 2: open the STO launcher. In the upper right corner, there's a link for Options. Click that, and in the little window that pops up, tick the box for "Show All Games."

Step 3: Restart the launcher and login. On the bottom left, under the STO newsfeed promo thing, there will be a dropdown menu for Shards - these are the different games. Select "Neverwinter - Neverwinter"

Step 4: Patching should begin automatically. Hit Engage when fully patched.
    This looks like it may be working for me - it is patching via the STO launcher at the moment. Thanks.

Re slow direct downloads, it's all very odd - I have 2 PCs and one downloaded the 3.x gig very quickly, the 2nd was running at 8k and would have taken about a month - which seems to rule my router out of contention as the problem. I ended up direct copying to the 2nd PC - I want to duo with my son.
  • nukleuzzznukleuzzz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hello, when the game loads up it gets to about 25% of the loading bar then kicks me off with a error aying - fatal error: error decompressing data. verifying files in the launcher may fix this issue - I've reinstalled everything already and i cannot find any help anywhere on these forums, Please help. I have also clicked "force verfy" which also doesn't work
  • williamfscottjrwilliamfscottjr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    NeverWinter Log me Out. While logging back in it made me change my Display Name saying its been taken. Then had to re-launch and login again, just to find out my character I've bee playing all day is gone. Try recreate on the same server and got Queued ###### place. Trying a different server and same thing.
  • mortisdiemmortisdiem Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    micdarau wrote: »
    Downloading is fine, but it dont patch..

This is as far as I get in my patching.... "the patch client got a message while it was in a state with no response function." :confused: HELP a guy out here.
  • godzigmagodzigma Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    try torrent >>> fail, 0%
    try direct download >>> fail, very slow, about 0.1k/sec
    try alternative site download >>> fail, very slow about 3k/sec (estimated time 8 hr), cancelled

very poor download management indeed

This is the first time I had very bad download issues from MMO. :\
  • cler1cler1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    godzigma wrote: »
    try torrent >>> fail, 0%
    try direct download >>> fail, very slow, about 0.1k/sec
    try alternative site download >>> fail, very slow about 3k/sec (estimated time 8 hr), cancelled

very poor download management indeed

This is the first time I had very bad download issues from MMO. :\

I have the same -.-
  • madaz#2037 madaz Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maybe you should try to download via torrent. I had the same issue when I tried to download in direct, check your firewall maybe its end of prohibition (so turning off firewall) will help, or check your Ip connections

i tried all the download methods and it was barely doing anything but i found that the torrent way was a little slow to start then it went fine, all the rest are just under to much strain server side because of the amount of people trying to play now its OBT.
  • kushaladorakushaladora Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I cannot seem to download the game because after it starts processing and begins to download it gives me the blue screen of death. Literally having nothing else on my computer and I first tried doing anything else (playing LoL, Smite, Guild wars 2, Tera Online, any number of things) and I never got a blue screen. Then I turned everything off and loaded up the download. After about 10% of the download it would blue screen. I've tried this 4 times and all four times it would blue screen. What the heck is with this game?
  • ronnieptronniept Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also having download troubles :(
    tumblr_mjv635qOez1qhs7rwo1_400.gif
  • strywulfstrywulf Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have fibre broadband at approx 60mbs. Direct download gives me average of 3kbs. Torrent gives me a max 7kbs and est download time of approx 6 or 7 days...

Will try another day...is the Download server maxxed out? Or just very, very slow?
  • fronteckfronteck Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I try to D/L the game and at around 60% it crashes my computer. I had the game on my computer and thought I would patch and play on open day but it would crash the patcher. I wiped everything and thought it would be a clean start. Ty all.
  • eyepaheyepah Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Have no problem with downloading. But I might add a related firewall issue here I guess. Every patch my firewall (Sygate Personal Firewall) needs me to verify the updated .exe files. But launching this game it goes to the loading screen before I can do that. And then it's stuck there. Can't alt+tab, ctrl+esc or ctrl+alt+del out from Cryptic loading screen. Alt+f4 is only thing working for me. It's not like that in Star Trek Online,
  • ogamibrogamibr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Auto patch dont work AGAIN >.<
  • bambixdollbambixdoll Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have tried all the auto patch solutions and still nothing. My friend sitting beside me can play, so it's not the connection.
  • imacrimsonreaperimacrimsonreaper Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My issue is weird, I downloaded it fine. Got the patcher, and logged in. But I have to patch it. IT stay at the word patching and does nothing.
  • strywulfstrywulf Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    strywulf wrote: »
    I have fibre broadband at approx 60mbs. Direct download gives me average of 3kbs. Torrent gives me a max 7kbs and est download time of approx 6 or 7 days...

Will try another day...is the Download server maxxed out? Or just very, very slow?

Ahhh...must have been download server melting under the strain! downloading in UK at 6mbs now Direct Download!!!!
  • creepah77creepah77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im able to log in but once it gets to downloading the patch, it gets to a certain percentage and doesn't move...have no idea what to do
  • brosers10brosers10 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "error decompressing data"
    what should I do?
  • vincentnaconvincentnacon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having this strange patching data.
    pNDPHc5.png

This can't be right. Where all that extra MB of data went if it's not being used for the patching itself? I should be finished but it kept going and for some reason not fully patched? Ehh?

EDIT: I decided to closed the patcher and run it again, figured it'd fix itself. Sort of... but it happened again.
    rk2ld13.png
  • shjordanshjordan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The neverwinter.exe program doesn't work for me. it was working on the first day... but now i keep receiving this message:

ZzqbgBj.png

PLEASE HELP!
  • cowboys3769cowboys3769 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i cant get passed the patch window it just says patching and never does anything
  • nwc113nwc113 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So I downloaded and patched and everything, And when i hit play it said fatal error, then something about issues decompressing something and something about the launcher. now when i try and play, it goes to patch, and never actually begins the patching process... and i can't cancel the patch either. nothing happens.
  • shimyoshimyo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems like I'm not the only one unable to patch the game.

I've downloaded and installed the game twice from different locations. I used the torrent first, and then one of the alternate download sites.

The first time I was able to patch and when the game tried to run the post-patch file verification it reached a particular file "stal-chicken.fx" or something and crashed. When I tried to start the game again after submitting an error report through the reporting window that popped up the launcher just sits at "Patching". So, I uninstalled the game, and re-downloaded from a different source and reinstalled the game. Upon running the freshly installed game the launcher again freezes at "Patching", no progress, no network activity, nothing. It just sits there. I can exit the launcher by using the close-window "X" up in the corner of the launcher window, but the cancel button in the launcher does nothing. I've tried to use the option to force verify through the game options but that also does nothing.
  • vytal2013vytal2013 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't even get to the patching part, the game is opening web advertisments every 5 seconds it opens another webpage, until I close the client... What in the world would cause that?
  • crimsonbattleaxecrimsonbattleaxe Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lifedoor wrote: »
    When I download the game, I get either stuck on Execute or Copy. The ONE time I was lucky enough to get past that, I was able to get to 47.5% and then the game crashed and WOULD NOT go past copying. I have to delete the entire thing to be able to make progress, then it doesn't EVER GET PAST COPYING!!!!

Please help to fix this :(
    Im having the same problem, I am trying to download the game and it would stop on the execute part so I cancelled and tried again but now it gets stuck on the copy part... Any help?
  • devilluk6665devilluk6665 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i open the client and it say patching and never does anything
  • imortalbaneimortalbane Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've created an account, and downloaded the client, but whenever i open the launcher and type my info in, it immediately goes away and says that there is a problem and the client has crashed. any idea why?