test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Needers, Greeders...and those whith a full bag!

13»

Comments

• Options
    ronniesavronniesav Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    The issue is in itself, the problem. Because of "need and greed" being subjectively different to many people and the system not differentiating between that, people make false assumptions, and due to those false assumptions end up in all manner of toxic situations and high friction encounters. Ultimately they need to tweak the system itself to accommodate the issue with the players to avoid these problems (imho), but the problem isn't with the system really, it's with the players, but it's still a good idea to look into changing it.

"As always, the mechanical element of the system is flawless. The human element however... is less than..."

I believe that I understand the point you're trying to make, which is precisely why they should eliminate the option for players to need roll on items that don't belong to their class (as long as that class is present in the encounter); as long as they did that and made the items identified when you roll on them (they can make them unidentified when you loot it, who cares) then the loot issues will be a moot point for most. Make it a sensible system based on logic, and everything will be okay.
  • Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ronniesav wrote: »
    I believe that I understand the point you're trying to make, which is precisely why they should eliminate the option for players to need roll on items that don't belong to their class (as long as that class is present in the encounter); as long as they did that and made the items identified when you roll on them (they can make them unidentified when you loot it, who cares) then the loot issues will be a moot point for most. Make it a sensible system based on logic, and everything will be okay.

It just needs to be clear, and you can subjectively argue which is "fair" or "right" but ultimately I'd personally find the most rational and correct system would be one that just doesn't cause these "loot pvp" moments. It's not a terrible system, it's worked a lot, but the people using the system, need more clarification because the differing interpretations of it, are problematic. :)