test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Needers, Greeders...and those whith a full bag!

zarkheszarkhes Member Posts: 59
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So after a lot of dungeons and wild conversation with a friend, i dont realy know how to grasp at the loot roll system of this game.

Thing is...i am essencialy a good person.I dont want spoil fun for other Just Because.I want to have a good time...but when comes down to looting a ring/neck that EVERY class can wear, thats when the **** will hit the fan.

Unidentified

Seriously, how we can determinate (usualy with fighting some mobs) if i want that piece of gear?How can know if the ring has better value than my current?Cause i dont want to loose a chance for better stats, but then again i dont want to steal potencional upgrade of my teammate!

So, how dou you deal with this stupid,broken, riped of its point annoyance?

PS:Why do we have unidentified items anyway?There is no Lore, so we cant identify it for ourslef/party members.We also cant equip unidentified items anyway.And there are NO cursed/-stats equipment when we would need to find the priest to get rid of it.Its a just excuse to sqeeze the few more drops of AD from a players...

EDIT

Ok, looks like people dont realy get this topic, or maybe i wasnt clear enough.This isnt conversation about Pug dungeons, or morality and mentality of playerbase.
Im pointing at serious problem.If i am about to decide if i NEED that item or just GREED cause i need some gold, i need some info about it.I NEED TO KNOW what im dealing with, otherwise im just rolling on a rabbit in a bag
Post edited by zarkhes on

Comments

• Options
    zombiewafflezzombiewafflez Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rule of thumb, need on green... greed on red. You can't tell when the roll pops up if you're going to actually equip it. If you want to go the extra mile and be polite, you could always (if you win the item and can't use it) link the item in the chat and ask if someone else would like it for free. Not everyone will be courteous, but that's unfortunately the luck of the draw when playing with any random party instead of like guildies or friends.
    The amount of unidentified items is a bit much I think though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    trinextrinex Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You want sort answer or long?

Here sort.

Astral Diamonds = Grind. Don't want to grind use Cash Shop.

Is't hard to figure it out why they did it.
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    D&D thing. The game has *always* forced you to cast an identify magic spell --- in the very old days, a mage had to cast a spell to even read a scroll to be able to use it. They had one spell to find magic items and a second spell to ID them... this with the limited X spells per day setup..... ouch!

Presumably everyone loots a bunch of ID scrolls.
    The solution, then, is pretty obvious:
    roll (need or greed, but apparently this game the ethics are to need everything you can equip, if not everything period).
    If you win, right click on it and ID it. If its not good for you, link it in party chat and see if someone else will wear it.
    Problem solved.

Green trash... you get enough to fill every bag and then some. No one should care about any green trash item, if you need such gear, go do a foundry hack em up and fill your bags with junk.
    Blue items... Id and offer to the group, for sure.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    noroblad wrote: »
    D&D thing. The game has *always* forced you to cast an identify magic spell --- in the very old days, a mage had to cast a spell to even read a scroll to be able to use it. They had one spell to find magic items and a second spell to ID them... this with the limited X spells per day setup..... ouch!

Presumably everyone loots a bunch of ID scrolls.
    The solution, then, is pretty obvious:
    roll (need or greed, but apparently this game the ethics are to need everything you can equip, if not everything period).
    If you win, right click on it and ID it. If its not good for you, link it in party chat and see if someone else will wear it.
    Problem solved.

You seriously want to tell me that you spend YOUR scrolls to indentify items and just pass them to some RANDOM dude?
    Naaaaah :)
  • Options
    loucid101loucid101 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is a bit of a problem, i also play fair and just greed on rolls unless it is for my class. Hitting alt to check during fights is impossible and people just tend to blitz through the dungeon. I check when the fight is over and quickly greed/pass or need. I pass on items not for my class, and i've had items ninja'd on me before. I don't like greedy players.

It happens in all games though i agree lore would be better, rather than spending AD.
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Need on blue which I can use that I don't already have. Greed on green which I can use if I don't already have updated blues for that slot, unless people are needing, in which I need. (exception: Need on enhancements/runes/crafting materials) Pass everything else.
  • Options
    square0square0 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I only need on green items that are a higher level than my green items, which I can see without identifying the item

I don't think there are any stats in this game that are effectively useless, so I only care about the total number of stats added rather than which stats they are
  • Options
    jerchakjerchak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    Unidentified items are just a means of a AD sink. The only way to get scrolls are through drops or the AD shop, and above level 30 the scrolls drop very rarely.

I have had only one day of playing when my ID scrolls were not as many as my unidentified... and 90% of those unidentified items were not for m class anyhow so I sold them for the 49 copper. If you quest and grind a little there is no problem with scrolls that I have noticed. If you are Identifying red items just to sell for more silver then you have fallen into their money trap anyhow, and I say that is on you.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    square0 wrote: »
    I only need on green items that are a higher level than my green items, which I can see without identifying the item

I don't think there are any stats in this game that are effectively useless, so I only care about the total number of stats added rather than which stats they are

Only by mouse hovering though, and that takes way too much time. :V
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jerchak wrote: »
    I have had only one day of playing when my ID scrolls were not as many as my unidentified... and 90% of those unidentified items were not for m class anyhow so I sold them for the 49 copper. If you quest and grind a little there is no problem with scrolls that I have noticed. If you are Identifying red items just to sell for more silver then you have fallen into their money trap anyhow, and I say that is on you.

What money trap. I generate free instant AD from invocation, and use them on scrolls.
  • Options
    l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Need on green, greed on red and move along.
  • Options
    square0square0 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    Only by mouse hovering though, and that takes way too much time. :V

well, if that's really an issue you can simply memorize the maximum level of gear from that instance

from my experience the maximum level is the instance level listed on the queue +2, and I don't think the gear level can drop below the instance level

I understand it's a lot easier to just hit need though
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    rhaksha2 wrote: »
    Once you're at Best in slot or with a Guild group. This shouldn't even be an issue. If youre going to Pug, Well you should already know what you're getting into. Don't want to join a guild ? Stop playing MMO's .

Wow, great way to answer honest question.By insulting...
    Still you didnt advice me how could i estimate value and its stats of a gear by looking at clueless picture of a ring...

But hey, maybe you got some insight gift!
  • Options
    aepervius1972aepervius1972 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    In PUG : I usually look at how the group do the first looting for such an item. if all need , I do need, if all greed , I do greed. Goes with the flow.

In non PUG : usually just agree in advance to only greed unless the piece is identified and for your class.
  • Options
    teemoorteemoor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    Greens? Srsly? I don't Need on them simply because I don't want to waste my bag space lol. Only needing on runes/enchs.
    If you need greens just go and kill some mobs for like 20 minutes. I guarantee you'll get your bags full really fast.

BTW While questing you also kill lots of mobs and get a lot of green stuff.
  • Options
    dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey All,

Just a heads-up: we're actively looking into different ways to improve the party loot system. No concrete plans have been determined as of yet, but it's definitely something we've identified as actionable feedback and hope to have more info to share on this soon. Thanks!
  • Options
    arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Item Identification needs to go! I'm still levelling up, and many green text items are upgrades for me, but I can't know if they are upgrades until I identify it! I feel bad whenever I Need roll a green item and find out that it's not an upgrade! What if it was an upgrade for another player? Keep in mind that I only identify items at the end of the run! I don't identify items as I get'em because tanks always chain pull mobs and never stop! Maybe if I knew what the item was right away, and I find out it's not an upgrade, I could ask the other player if it's an upgrade for them and trade it.

If only items were pre-identified as we roll on it! Get rid of identification scrolls. There's already enough money sinks in the game, that we don't need identification scrolls to be a part of it!

All it does is influence people to become ninja looters and get away with it! I could be a ninja looter and Need roll stuff when I know I don't need it and if someone complains, I could just write back and say: "Derp i'm just Needing in case it's an upgrade for me! I can't know unless I identify it!"
  • Options
    drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey All,

Just a heads-up: we're actively looking into different ways to improve the party loot system. No concrete plans have been determined as of yet, but it's definitely something we've identified as actionable feedback and hope to have more info to share on this soon. Thanks!

Just make the default need / greed system so that if it is usable by your class you can need on it. If it is not, then your only options are greed / pass.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I still think giving everyone their own drops is better. Of course for bosses, getting a blue wouldn't be certain, but at least a green so everyone at least gets something.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    With alts in sub-60 dungeons, I roll need on greens and blues that are for my class. I pass on everything else. At 60, I pass on all greens, greed on all blues, need on purples for my class, and pass on purples for other classes. Most people I party with do the same, in spite of the impression one could get from various forum discussions.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think it's ludicrous to roll at all on unidentified items.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I need on class items, greed on misc stuff, pass on non class items.
    I'd love to see need only be allowed by class.
    I'm one of these weirdos that trade items to classes at the end of the dungeon too...:cool:
  • Options
    cubansyruscubansyrus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17
    edited May 2013
    as a tank i state at the start how wish the dungeon experience to go if it public e.g how we should best clear it, some boss advice to enable it to run smooth and as for loot if its not for you pass on it, run greed on runes and if its red you shouldnt even be looking at it.

remembers loot ninjas get remembered eventually they wont have any parties

roll accidents happen so people should trade over
  • Options
    platinuplatinu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I usually roll Need on anything with a 'green hue' and roll Greed on anything with a 'red hue'. Especially enchants, because someone always rolls Need on those and everyone can use them so why not? But I often pass on green hue items, if I have a blue in that slot, just because I don't want to mess with selling it.
  • Options
    suavaialofasuavaialofa Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol I was thinking that wizards might get an identify spell..... didnt bards and some other classes get them as well? as a perk anyway. But yeah AD sink.
  • Options
    pandergospandergos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    Fact is, items that drop I normally wait to see what everyone else does. If someone in the group "needs" it and by needs it I mean is going to use it. Then, I will for sure greed or pass. But push come to shove, if 2 or more people need an item or everyone I need it as well simply because this game runs on AD and AD it required to continue playing. I'm not a fan of their AH running on a currency that can be bought with real life cash so I'm going to do everything in my power to be sure I don't have to buy Zen to convert to AD.
  • Options
    nyysjannyysjan Member Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    Can i use it? No? Greed!
    Do i know the stats? No? Greed!
    Do i have something better? Yes? Greed!

Only things i really need on are the enchants and runes, bot only if others in the group need as well.
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If it's red (and therefore unusable by me), I Greed. Otherwise I Need.

That way I don't really need to pay attention to what it is. This only hurts me because my cleric/ioun stone won't get Icons, but whatever, an actual DC needs it more than I do.
  • Options
    tallulahkattallulahkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    I still think giving everyone their own drops is better. Of course for bosses, getting a blue wouldn't be certain, but at least a green so everyone at least gets something.

I like this idea the most!