test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Giant (spoilerish) post of scrying orb locations

Comments

• Options
    meithrasmeithras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can anyone provide a movie showing how to get up to the Cathedral of Madness (Chasm) scrying stone? I've tried using the rocks on both side of the house, but have yet to successfully jump to the roof, with or without a mount.
  • Options
    sosjojurorsosjojuror Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's just a whole lot of trial and error, really.
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

<jumps into NW and runs around to find all orb locations>
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    braxzanabraxzana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    meithras wrote: »
    Can anyone provide a movie showing how to get up to the Cathedral of Madness (Chasm) scrying stone? I've tried using the rocks on both side of the house, but have yet to successfully jump to the roof, with or without a mount.

I don't know how to take movies and such, but here's how I finally did it --- facing the busted-open interior of the house, you want to be on the LEFT side of it, which you actually reach by going around "behind" the house, along the road that passes behind it. Clearly this whole thing is easier if the foes are cleared or don't aggro (I was 60 when I got around to this one and the monsters just shuffled their feet and looked away from me).

Once you're on that side of the house you can hop up the rocks until you get to the most pointy one jutting out over the foes below (which is where they might aggro if they are there, and close enough to your level). From there you have to just jump toward the orb. I'm reasonably sure I jumped THROUGH some of the roof beams/shingles, so don't necessarily look to land on what SEEMS a solid beam.
  • Options
    braxzanabraxzana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't know if it would be possible, or worth the effort, but it occurred to me that it MIGHT be possible to make a foundry mission using the existing world maps and place waypoint/paths to lead people to where the scrying orbs were in the "real" world. In the Foundry mission they would not exist, clearly, but you could place something there that the player had to reach for the goal and once you've found the scrying stone in the Foundry, it should be easy to find it in the "real" game world.... not a terribly -exciting- Foundry mission, but potentially useful for those seeking spoiler locations.
  • Options
    stormmccloudstormmccloud Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone know what quests I apparently 'need' to do in order to get to that final scrying stone in the Upper Vault?
  • Options
    grimdeedsgrimdeeds Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Clarifying this since it was confusing for me.

Helm's Hold:
    1. (1798, 660) South Eastern part of the map, in the Watcher's Woods - West of the Pool of Reflection. It's on a rock pillar in the open, walk up broken tree near it and jump to pillar
    2. (876, 1717) North Western part of the map, in Scar Alley. It's on top of one of the buildings. In the corner, run up the rock, jump on the barrel, jump on thre ledge, then jump across to the orb.
    3. (1209, 1847) Northern part of map, at the Ranger's Camp. It's up top, on the cliff behind the camp. It's a few jumps up on the rocks to get to it.
  • Options
    visceralrevoltvisceralrevolt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Chasm:
    Field of Nightmares orb: At Fort Precipice, behind the wall and tree at the back. Scale the rocks, follow behind the wall to the left, make a perilous leap, and there you go. Coords -13157, -1192 (to get back to the fort, run up the tree)

Edit: Actually, you can also go over the wall at the other tree and not have to do the perilous jump!

chasm1a.jpg

chasm1.jpg
    A Dwarven Dilemma Part 1 - The Wobbly Leg : NW-DTNZTFYDS @revolting
    Preview/Freedback thread:
    http://tinyurl.com/NW-DTNZTFYDS - Now eligible for Daily Quest!

A Dwarven Dilemma Part 2 - Luskan Delights : Coming soon!
  • Options
    visceralrevoltvisceralrevolt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Chasm
    Cathedral of Madness: In the broken roof of a house a little south east of The Unhallowed Grounds marker. Coords -22, 688

chasm2.jpg
    A Dwarven Dilemma Part 1 - The Wobbly Leg : NW-DTNZTFYDS @revolting
    Preview/Freedback thread:
    http://tinyurl.com/NW-DTNZTFYDS - Now eligible for Daily Quest!

A Dwarven Dilemma Part 2 - Luskan Delights : Coming soon!
  • Options
    sachmo77sachmo77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The 3rd orb in Helm's Hold is at 876,1719. It is south of the collapse on a building.
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    A very useful thread, subscribed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The coordinates for Helm's Hold:
    Ranger Camp - 1208/1848
    Watcher's Forest - 1792/655
    In Town(building roof) - 876/1719

In Ebon Downs, for the one under the bridge the coordinates are 960/1434.

In Vellosk, the Orb at coordiantes 2842/1831 you can find up in the rocks off the side of the path on the way to the Stones of Sacrifice, just prior to Jingo Rummage(the lamenting Halfling).

In Pirates Skyhold the Orb at 3225/2061 is behind the Market Square building on the edge of the map, tucked into a corner.

Again for Pirates Skyhold the Orb at 2199/1904 is on the edge of the map by the Sunken Village, where the waterfalls are, behind the tree root. You do have to jump down to get to it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    saivyresaivyre Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Vellosk 1 was incorrect, and Vellosk 3 needed some description so here ya go.

Vellosk 1. Elder Rock: (2667, 3295) on the ledge
    Vellosk 3. (2842, 1831) Is in the narrow canyon on the road between Hunter's Path and Sacred Stones. Identifies as Hunter's Path on the map, and requires a little creative stone jumping to get to.
    fss_49316d8a5de21281b0f4fc8f0089006b.png
  • Options
    strawmandelastrawmandela Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Awesome thread.
  • Options
    udeinudein Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Someone please tell how, exactly, to get to "The Sept" so I can get this last Orb.
    Thank you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gold, Steel and the Bodies of Women
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Just to expand a bit on the Orb in Lakkar's Lap on Icespire Peak. Its in an alcove off to the left of the path, has a Troll, winter wolf, and 2 goblins guarding it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    udein wrote: »
    Someone please tell how, exactly, to get to "The Sept" so I can get this last Orb.
    Thank you

Not sure if you can get to it at any time or if it requires completing The Wrathforge mission. It is a level 60 instance mission where you defeat the Forge Master at the end. I could have got the names wrong. Completing the mission gives another mission that sends you through a weird portal to get to The Sept.
  • Options
    udeinudein Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank you Starkaos, with that tip I found this specific information:

For the location of The Sept in Whispering Caverns:

Get a quest from Jasper Steele (683,1070) – Wrathforge Mission.
    Enter the Wrathforge and defeat the Forge Master.
    Completing that quest (go back to Jasper Steele) allows you to get the quest called – The Upper Vault ~ Enter the Iron Heart.
    That quest leads to a portal which takes you into The Sept.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gold, Steel and the Bodies of Women
  • Options
    kuroryu87kuroryu87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Welcome to a completed compilation of all locations of the Scrying Orbs hidden throughout the game. Each set of coordinates was taken while standing on top of the Orbs.

Protector's Enclave
    Moonstone Mask - (-139, 707) - Outside on the left side of the building as you run up to it.
    Top of the Stairs - (1063, 926) - Turn right into the alcove next to the right stairway.
    Hall of Justice - (1070, 1283) - Enter the Hall and take the exit on the right.

Blacklake District
    Broken Bridge - (785, 2251) - Behind a broken wall next to the tree.
    Lakeside - (260, 1986) - In the lake, behind a partially sunken boat.
    Nasher Hideout - (524, 1590) - Behind the rocks and fallen tree Southeast of the Religion statue outside the hideout.

Tower District
    Behind Sergeant Creed - (290, 1194) - Jump up the rocks next to the tower.
    Merchant's Square - (736, 1115) - In the alcove just north of the Merchant's Square marker on the map.
    Cloak Tower - (1294, 394) - Just before the stairway up, there is a small pack of Orcs on the right. There is a pillar on the rocks behind them hiding the Orb.

Blackdagger Ruins
    Near the Inn - (730, 160) - Turn right after spawning in the zone and cross the water.
    Blackdagger Keep Bridge - (512, 1304) - Instead of crossing the bridge into the keep, drop off the back side of the small cliff.
    Raven Cliff Beach - (-600, 107) - On the rocks just above the cave. Run around behind it and climb the rocks.

Neverdeath Graveyard
    Craftsman's Rest - (664, 62) - Jump up the wall on the left side and it is hidden in a small alcove against the cliff.
    Southern Camp Site - (141, -501) - Run up the hill and hop on the rocks covered by the tree branches.
    Pauper's Field - (-346, -266) - You have to jump up the rock next to the bridge to get this one.

Helm's Hold
    Scar Alley - (880, 1716) - Run through the arches and you will see rocks along the left side wall in front of you. Run up the rocks and jump onto the roof to get the Orb.
    Nothern Campfire - (1210, 1949) - Jump up the rocks next to the camp and jump between the platforms.
    Southern Watcher's Forest - (1798, 657) Run up the tree and jump to the small floating rock on the stump, then to the Orb.

Ebon Downs
    Northwest Grimhollow - (300, 1666) - Behind the broken wall on top of the rocks.
    Central Bridge - (955, 1435) - Under the western end of the bridge near the center of the map.
    Central Hill in Silverwisp Swamp - (1352, 1000) - On the western side of the hill.

Pirate's Skyhold
    Southern Wreck - (920, 1657) - On top of the large square rock outcrop. You have to go around the back side near the tree to jump up.
    Northeastern Sunken Town - (2201, 1903) - Behind the vine-like tree on the cliff facing the waterfall.
    Southeastern Market Square - (3227, 2066) - Behind the southeastern most building in the square.

Vellosk
    Trail to Hunter's Path - (2839, 1832) - On the right side rocks about halfway down the trail. A bit of a tricky jump.
    Southern Thunder Ridge - (3092, 2197) - Behind the first tree on the right side of the road as you ride into the Thuner Ridge map.
    Southern Elder Rock - (2670, 3295) - Just as you exit the path leading to Elder Rock, you will see an evergreen tree in front of some rocks. Climb the rocks and jump onto the ledge to find the orb behind another evergreen tree.

Icespire Peak
    Prospector Ridge - (2138, 754) - Jump puzzle your way up the scaffolding to reach it.
    Southeastern Axe Blade - (2650, 3032) - Jump on the axe blade and look back at the cliff face.
    Northern Lakkar's Lap - (2117, 3672) - Run up the hill past Skrymir's (A Winterforge Giant spawn that drops a quest item) spawn point and turn left around the ice.

The Chasm
    Fort Precipice - (-13069, -1126) - On the Northeast corner of the fort. You will need to jump around the outside of the wall to the cliff.
    The Unhallowed Grounds - (-20, 688) - It is inside, on the top level of the broken house. You will need to climb the rocks beside the house to get onto the roof. much of the roof has no physical barrier and you will walk through it.
    Crystal Caves - (13357, -1810) - Just north of the campfire, along the path. Look up to the left as you pass the fork. It is on top of some rocks along the wall. You will need to pass it and come back along the side of the wall.

Rothe Valley
    Slaver Camp - (488, 1671) - Turn right as you pass through the illusionary wall. Just after the wood planking, you will notice a stone pillar next to the rock wall. Jump up the wall here towards the roof of the building. Run over the roof to the Orb.
    Rothe Farms - (603, 1868) - Follow the wall down behind the building that the Slaver Camp orb was at. It is to the left of the purple pillar as you come down the wall. You will need to jump back up the wall as there is an invisible wall right next to the Orb.
    Rothe Valley Village Creek - (425, 453) - South end of the creek behind some rocks.

Mount Hotenow
    The Charred Woods - (2523, 1335) - Turn right as you cross the first bridge, then follw the ledge under the cliff.
    Bridge to the Final Area - (764, 1596) - Cross part way up the bridge and look over the rocks on the right side of the bridge. Below you to the right is the Orb. Jump down to it and then climb the rocks back around to get back on the bridge.
    Hotenow Caldera - (1170, 966) - On the cliff face above the pool of lava. While it is possible to reach this from below by climbing the rocks, I recommend running around to the trail above and following the cliff face out near the lava waterfall and jumping down to it.

Whispering Caverns
    Slave Pits - (473, 460) - As you come to the Northeastern corner of the pits, you will notice some large white crystals. Use the lower one to jump up the rocks and walk between the pillar and upper crystal to reach the Orb.
    Scaffolded Tunnel - (1209, 1043) - About 3/4 of the way down the tunnel you will see a diagonal rock outcropping. This is where you start climbing. If you have a movement ability, you can take a shortcut instead of climbing higher. If not, when you get up the rocks, look for a beam that goes behind a large rock. Jump to it and climb the rock to jump towards the Orb.
    The Sept - (5865, 1370) - Looking at "Mad Brock" turn left and go to the second set of Mindflayer/Intellect Devourer mobs. Enter the alcove here and jump on the small outcropped cube on the left and continue up to the orb.

Congratulations on your Master Scryer titles folks.

This information was compiled from http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?154341-Giant-%28spoilerish%29-post-of-scrying-orb-locations as well as help from @lor3addict in locating the Orbs.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Nicely done. A tip of the hat to you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kirankittykirankitty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    I actually have a bit of a picture guide made up for the orbs, just have not been playing much so didn't think to post it here! http://neverwinter.eclectickiran.com/guides/scrying-guide/
    There are a couple jumping videos, but mostly just a picture of the map location and one near the orb for easy finding.
    Cheers
  • Options
    erideitaerideita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 304
    edited June 2013
    This probably comes in a bit late, especially considering kirankitty's and kuroryu87's complete and useful posts, but the last part of my video guide is now up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NYIUIvTFZs
  • Options
    alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nec0e wrote: »
    Helms Hold:
    Ranger's Camp(northern part of map) - on cliff behind the camp, a few jumps on rocks to pillars to get to it.

Watcher's Woods - West of the Pool of Reflection(SE part of map) on a rock pillar in the open, walk up broken tree near it and jump to pillar.
    (876, 1717)
    Third one is at (877,1713), and is on the rooftops south of the Ranger camp. It is reached from the south (not the Ranger Camp side), jumping on crates and onto the rooftops.
    Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!
  • Options
    stormysgstormysg Member Posts: 93
    edited June 2013
    what orbs are you talking about?
  • Options
    quillian0quillian0 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Re: Helms Hold:

Ranger's Camp(northern part of map) - on cliff behind the camp, a few jumps on rocks to pillars to get to it.

Watcher's Woods - West of the Pool of Reflection(SE part of map) on a rock pillar in the open, walk up broken tree near it and jump to pillar.

(876, 1717)

Found the 3rd Helm's Deep:
    It's up on a rooftop behind a bit of greenery. Run up a rock onto a small section of rooftop, one story up. Jump diagonally from the tiny bit of roof onto a larger bit of roof further away from the rock you ran up. 842,1688 is the base of the rock you need to run up.
  • Options
    ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    my scrying orb threads
  • Options
    malvoumalvou Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Anyone find the Scrying Stones in Gauntlgrym yet? There's 3.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Heh, yeah, I was coming here to ask about the same thing.
  • Options
    chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Gauntlgrym:

1. The Pumps 1577, 604
    2. The Great Hall 1279, 1185
    3. ???
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Picture of The Pumps:
    14G1fJGl.png

Time ran out while looking for the others, and now I come here and see that chaddiwicker has provided us with coords. Have to check out the one in the great hall the next time it's on.