test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Noble Key giveaway

iron4eiron4e Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
45 minutes ago there was a key giveaway posted on twitter for a Noble title and item set. The keys were simply on some pictures hosted on the site http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=891431
Stupidest way to give keys out ever. Why not just give a key out to the first ~60 people that click the link then have a message saying the keys have run out rather than have us hammer in key after key. You've made something exciting into something irritating and infuriating.
Post edited by iron4e on

Comments

• Options
    axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yea agree..

And sure i'd like one. But mashing in keys that are all already redeemed within 5min of the post isn't fun.

Why not do it like some other smart mmos do it: Just ask the community to give you X likes on facebook, and if we do, you post a key that everyone can use to get the item. Could have higher tiers for more likes and better items. You get more attention on facebook, thus more players, thus more revenue, and players are happy to get the items.

Doing it like this is just annoying and not brining anyone in, just further rewarding those top ~50 players who have insanely fast typing skill and pings to the server (and follow you on twitter). (Most of whom most likely already won the various other quick draw twitter give aways already, so are just getting further rewarded for their quickness)

Don't see why it's neccesary to even limit it to X players, just limiting it to the first X days/hours would still make the item and title very unique.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a real bummer actually, I tried 20 keys and every single one is claimed... There should be some kind of one-day warning previously to these events, some of the playerbase is European and it's sometimes impossible to be aware of these things in the moment they start.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    rosco3163rosco3163 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yea I agree, Thankful for giveaways and such but this was just irritating.
  • Options
    silestesileste Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep and did it while half the world is sleeping. Awesome.
    NWDC-2_zps52f863ab.png
  • Options
    kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tried 4 at random, and all had gone...

Sounds like a perk that should have gone out as an email to Founders(HOTN) first...

60 purple sets - hotn
    60 blue sets - guardians
    60 green sets - free-to-play
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kimberix wrote: »
    Tried 4 at random, and all had gone...

Sounds like a perk that should have gone out as an email to Founders(HOTN) first...

Yes because founders (HOTN) deserve everything first. Ok.

Should have sent a one day warning to make completely fair.
    NWDC-2_zps52f863ab.png
  • Options
    xdementiaxdementia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got a message that my key has been successfully redeemed but I got absolutely nothing in game... So you guys didn't miss on a lot ;)
  • Options
    awaveawave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
    edited May 2013
    I must have wasted 40mins trying all those keys. What a waste of time that was!
  • Options
    clansman2013clansman2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's like the codes they gave on Twitter a week or so ago. They posted around 50 codes and literally 5 seconds after the codes were posted, they were all used. I do like competitions and I don't expect to win, but It's nice to think I MAY have a slight chance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    swoomustdienowswoomustdienow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 136 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I have to laugh about this. I don't like Gearbox or Pitchford at all, but even they realized that if you just put out first come, first serve codes all you did was tick off more players than you made happy.
  • Options
    thegodporingthegodporing Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sileste wrote: »
    Yep and did it while half the world is sleeping. Awesome.

Half the world is always sleeping.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Half the world is always sleeping.

But with a warning people would stay up. It's like black friday! Or when a new system comes out. Those rare times when you see people camp out for the first time. Just not in the woods....
    NWDC-2_zps52f863ab.png
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I agree that doing giveaways this way is not ideal. It rewards fifty people and upsets a much greater number. Trying out keys that are already claimed is frustrating.

If there is only a limited number of what you are giving away, please do a drawing and allow a 24h period for players to enter the raffle. (And post about it on the forum too. I understand the importance of Twitter as a marketing tool, but please consider that you do have your own community platform as well.)
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think that the Pirate Hat giveaway was very good. It allowed for a fair share of people to get it and it didn't felt cheap.

Something like that would be a lot better. Maybe a one-time event ingame.
    Characters:

• Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /agreed

Crappy way to do it, especially since there was no way to tell when or if they key had been redeemed. Shame on my for wasting time trying to enter those.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I went through every code 5min after the giveaway started. It said every key was redeemed. I find it hard to believe they were all gone considering someone posted on Facebook he got it 1min before me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cptcheese255cptcheese255 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did not even bother to try, since everything is going to be taken anyway.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    This is kinda that game I want to spend years playing and I want to take advantage of any swag/title/limited item I can get. I feel like I got jipped.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    narayansinghnarayansingh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    My thoughts... Way too hard to read. At lease with my comp and browser. I had to use the Windows magnifier to read them. Talk about tough...

And I would suggest this for one of the giveaways... Try some sort of lottery. Like you ask a question on twitter and then select/draw "X" numbers of winners randomly.
    Sweet Water and Light Laughter Till Next We Meet.
    Narayan
  • Options
    pressexpose1pressexpose1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    when Lotro do twitter key giveaways for items they ask a question, pick some randoms then DM the winners with a unique key. You know, like sensible folk would.
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Alienware just did a recent Giveaway, you got "Northdark Explorer" title and a "item pack". The pack had portable altars, things like that. All you had to do was register on their site the day of the Giveaway. That simple.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    Alienware just did a recent Giveaway, you got "Northdark Explorer" title and a "item pack". The pack had portable altars, things like that. All you had to do was register on their site the day of the Giveaway. That simple.

I've seen people with the title and I was wondering how it was obtainable... Is there some way where we could check when these giveaways start? It would be very helpful some insight in this matter.
    Characters:

• Options
    escritoresescritores Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    iron4e wrote: »
    45 minutes ago there was a key giveaway posted on twitter for a Noble title and item set. The keys were simply on some pictures hosted on the site http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=891431
    Stupidest way to give keys out ever. Why not just give a key out to the first ~60 people that click the link then have a message saying the keys have run out rather than have us hammer in key after key. You've made something exciting into something irritating and infuriating.

This...

/10chars
  • Options
    tsakmir11tsakmir11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    lanzdownelanzdowne Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They went fast!
    20.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    I've seen people with the title and I was wondering how it was obtainable... Is there some way where we could check when these giveaways start? It would be very helpful some insight in this matter.

I noticed it on Facebook(which I hardly use FB). Best way is to just check NW Facebook page once a day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the key links.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Seriously, I just gave you links to get codes for an Underdark Explorer character title and a Savage North Explorer title, plus post and scrolls. no need to thank me but get on it folks ;) ( it's account wide for the title, character bound for the items, 1 character can claim them )
    fs_lastplayed.png