test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Noble Key giveaway

13»

Comments

• Options
    necrodaggernecrodagger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    The best way was the way Wizards does it, IMHO. They do a Trivia contest and the first x# of people that reply with the correct answer have the key privately mailed to them.

I think the best way is like Gearbox Software does it with shift codes. Post multiple use keys that will last several days or even weeks before expiring
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    They don't want to do that because then everyone would have it. They are trying to make these rare titles.
  • Options
    nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    They don't want to do that because then everyone would have it. They are trying to make these rare titles.

Companies that make money don't care about making stuff rare. They care about getting money--- and making everyone feel like a special snowflake gives them that.
  • Options
    meithrasmeithras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have to agree here. The rarity of a title is only of value to companies when it involves players being logged in and spending time trying to acquire it.
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I liked how the savage north and underdark explorer title giveaways worked. I despise the way twitter does most stuff.

Best thing would be to take a page from guild wars one and let us earn titles for in game accomplishments though!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think the best way is like Gearbox Software does it with shift codes. Post multiple use keys that will last several days or even weeks before expiring

Yep, that would be the ideal way to do things like this.
  • Options
    ooinnooinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Won't happen. Neverwinterian Guard is a purchaseable item from the Zen Market. They simply wanted to get some of them out there so others would see it and go "I want it too."....then buy it.

...in fact, there's no guarantee that more than 5 of those codes were actually legit keys.
    masterawol wrote: »
    This is very easy to do without the need of 3rd party programs its call send and email to such address and random winners are picked.

So...all I have to do is create multiple accounts and get a bunch of keys. I mean it's not like I don't have several Gmail, Outlook, Hotmail, and I think I still have a few LIVE email accounts. In total, I should be able to make roughly 20 PWE accounts and get them all into Neverwinter Beta. Or the Live version if it's truly free-2-play (no box purchase). I assume they'll do more codes out for other things throughout the life of the game.

THEN! I can turn around and sell said codes for AD.
    fs_pc.png
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The "best way" for web key like this should be universal key. Not one time use. no matter how many keys they post, most will be gone pretty quick.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • Options
    atompenguinatompenguin Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This thread is colossally pathetic.
    -Campaign: Spells and Coin
    --Part 1: Spells and Coin (NW-DHM3XQVQK)
    --Part 2: A Blind Eye (NW-DI3QTHZGJ)
    --Part 3: Dodo's Dinner (NW-DHPA8O253)

-One Shots
    --The Wizard of Eldeur (NW-DRKQNE4S7)
  • Options
    necrodaggernecrodagger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sasheria wrote: »
    The "best way" for web key like this should be universal key. Not one time use. no matter how many keys they post, most will be gone pretty quick.

I agree

and should last for several days
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really feel I got screwed on this. I actually want this title for a character and I can't due to who knows what... I comment on the Facebook Page and the Twitter Page asking why the codes went invalid after 10min(6am EST) and noticed the Facebook Page informing the community of the Giveaway and the Twitter one were deleted as if the Giveaway never existed... =/

I'm a fiend for these giveaways and this one just doesn't sit right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]