test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Noble Key giveaway

Comments

• Options
    danxbxdanxbx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    I agree that doing giveaways this way is not ideal. It rewards fifty people and upsets a much greater number. Trying out keys that are already claimed is frustrating.

They could announce this and only 50 will be happy. How they do it doesn't change anything. I guess they should stop giving stuff away if people are just going to cry.
  • Options
    lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    It's a real bummer actually, I tried 20 keys and every single one is claimed...

I also tried 20 at random. Four from each image to be exact. All were taken and I said forget it. What a terrible way to do any kind of promotion, lol.
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013

What giveaway is this? I cant access FB from my work computer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    What giveaway is this? I cant access FB from my work computer.

Logitech. Savage North pack.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    runebane wrote: »

What is that exactly? Title? Items?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pressexpose1pressexpose1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    runebane wrote: »

This ^^ and this ↓

The Savage North Explorer Pack is a pack containing various items for the game Neverwinter

It is a reward for participating in the Logitech Gaming Facebook Promotion

D&D Neverwinter Savage North Explorer Pack Key Giveaway

A total of 30,000 keys are being given out as part of this promotion
    Contents of Savage North Explorer Pack

Savage North Explorer title
    Potion of Fortification x10
    Minor Potion of Reflexes x10
    Potion of Lesser Healing x10
    Portable Altar
    Identify Scrolls (bound) x5

The Alienware giveaway is this ↓

The Underdark Explorer Pack is a pack containing various items for the game Neverwinter

It is a reward for participating in the Alienware Arena Promotion

D&D Neverwinter Underdark Explorer Pack Key Giveaway

A total of 10,000 keys are being given out as part of this promotion
    Contents of Underdark Explorer Pack

Underdark Explorer character title
    Potion of Accuracy x10
    Minor Potion of Force x10
    Potion of Lesser Healing x10
    Portable Altar x5
    Identify Scrolls (bound to character) x5
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • Options
    hadryel1hadryel1 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the links guys, tho i seems to be unable to claim them (it keep returning an error when i introduce them).
    Its true theres better way to give away keys w/o pissing players who spend 30-40 mins tipping keys to get nothing, i hope they learn fro mtheir errors and next time they do it in a different way :P
  • Options
    snakeoil88snakeoil88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup I don't frustrate easily..... but this one was like talking to my ex wife.
  • Options
    ooinnooinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    danxbx wrote: »
    They could announce this and only 50 will be happy. How they do it doesn't change anything. I guess they should stop giving stuff away if people are just going to cry.

The bigger issue is the item is only obtainable through the Zen Store. So..."If you missed out; cough up money.". Is what they're saying.

Also like how they waited till most of the USA is asleep....you know since it was posted at 3:30am (I assume the time stamp is adjusted to your timezone?). Either way. It was either 12:30am PST (3:30am EST) or 3:30am PST (6:30am EST). Not sure about the rest of you but I know others that work throughout the week and get up at 5am EST for work Mon-Fri. So ya, most of the USA was asleep when this 'promotion' was issued.

And ya know what. I'm the type of person who will still ***** even if he got a code to work.

Perhaps a Zen Store boycott should be conducted. After all, there's really nothing in the store that is needed. I myself only used the Zen Market to get a quick boost on Astral Diamonds......whelp, not anymore. I'll get it through in-game methods.

What's really sad is Cryptic probably isn't the one to blame...screw you PWE.
    fs_pc.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hadryel1 wrote: »
    Thanks for the links guys, tho i seems to be unable to claim them (it keep returning an error when i introduce them).
    Its true theres better way to give away keys w/o pissing players who spend 30-40 mins tipping keys to get nothing, i hope they learn fro mtheir errors and next time they do it in a different way :P

make sure that you redeem these keys from the neverwinter page rather than the perfect world redeem page.

https://my.perfectworld.com/nw/redeemkey

there are keys left so if you got one it will work. be sure to be logged in. I know, I know ;)
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks a lot, pressexpose1! :)
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    eroximoeroximo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pressexpose1 - Cheers for the links made me smile for a change :P
  • Options
    snakeoil88snakeoil88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Thank you pressexpose1 !!!
  • Options
    beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would've liked the title. not getting it isn't as annoying as how they did it this time. just a mean way to it basically. there's still sad peeps out there typing those codes in with no chance.
  • Options
    ooinnooinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can also keep an eye on: http://orcz.com/NeverwinterGDN_Promo_Keys

Don't know if it'll be updated but...you never know :P
    fs_pc.png
  • Options
    mcleod71mcleod71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    seems odd to me that they would rather have ppl reading twitter than actually playing the game to get these titles etc.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    haha, no, I really meant no need to thank me. I just posted some links after all. but I know I've upset a few folks here. I'd hate them to miss out on something just because i posted it and they'd prefer not to click the link. that's why i clarified what they were for :)
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • Options
    beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    I've seen people with the title and I was wondering how it was obtainable... Is there some way where we could check when these giveaways start? It would be very helpful some insight in this matter.

supposedly you get that title anyway when you complete every mission, dungeon, skirmish, in the drow area, Whispering Caverns if I recall correctly, but I never verified that because I completed them after I got the alienware thing already.
  • Options
    rierynrieryn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    make sure that you redeem these keys from the neverwinter page rather than the perfect world redeem page.

https://my.perfectworld.com/nw/redeemkey

there are keys left so if you got one it will work. be sure to be logged in. I know, I know ;)

I did both the Logitech & Alienware Giveaway and the emails I got were empty and I did not see the items...
    I see them both redeemed on the key page too.. :(

Updated: I checked the founders claim agent in game and now that I know what to look for I remember seeing the Defenders potion pack. but not the Alienware one.. :(

thanks for this link: http://orcz.com/NeverwinterGDN_Promo_Keys
  • Options
    faydrellefaydrelle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was super disappointed at the way this was handled as well. When I saw the screenshots with keys I thought, 'you've got to be kidding me!' and figured I might as well try a few just in case since the facebook post did not refer to this as a limited contest, but made it sound like anyone could claim one. Didn't waste my time after a couple rejects. Boo hiss.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    rieryn wrote: »
    I did bot the Logitech & Alienware Giveaway and the emails I got were empty and the items are not showing anywhere in game...
    I see them both redeemed on the key page too.. :(
    I checked the founders claim agent in game too. nada.

The titles are available to you in your profile page in game. When you log in it will tell you that you have received the title. later an email will arrive from lord neverember. You change your title by editing your profile in game.
    The items can only be claimed once. They are always at the founder's agent and not in a mail.
    If you redeemed the key on the website and it was accepted than your goods will appear.
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • Options
    lurchusalurchusa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    awave wrote: »
    I must have wasted 40mins trying all those keys. What a waste of time that was!

Thanks, for the warning. I'll not bother with try then. Cheers. :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I just went to the Logitech Giveaway and got my redeem.

As far as this Noble one I think they need to redo the giveaway. I find it hard to believe all the codes were gone in 5min at 6am EST.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    coggagecoggage Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stupidest giveaway in any game I've ever seen.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lurchusa wrote: »
    Thanks, for the warning. I'll not bother with try then. Cheers. :D

Those keys were all gone before the post was made. It's a ridiculous method of giving something away, especially on twitter which has a private message function.

Be interesting to see if cryptic respond to this or ignore it. it's only 8am in Los Gatos, they won't be shambling into work yet I expect.
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    faydrelle wrote: »
    I was super disappointed at the way this was handled as well. When I saw the screenshots with keys I thought, 'you've got to be kidding me!' and figured I might as well try a few just in case since the facebook post did not refer to this as a limited contest, but made it sound like anyone could claim one. Didn't waste my time after a couple rejects. Boo hiss.

Actually, putting the codes in the image was a smart idea. If you play a Google Game called Ingress. You know that people Text Mine for the Ingress passcodes and the codes are literally invalid with in seconds of being put out.....for those not in the know those codes are usually valid for the first ~100 uses.

So, would you rather have them in Plain Text and mined before you even get a chance to type the fourth character in the first block of the code? :P

-personally, I'd rather they give these out on Raptr as part of the Raptr Rewards if you meet the eligibility.

Which is:
    -Raptr Member
    -Some rank in the game (ranks are based on number of hours played..so super easy to get)
    -Have recently run the Raptr Desktop software (which tracks the game time to earn the above stated requirement)
    -Valid email
    -Resident of eligible country
    -Sometimes they require you to be a Steam user if the game is out on Steam
    fs_pc.png
  • Options
    necrodaggernecrodagger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah I hope they do some new giveaways that last for more, like several days instead of several minutes haha
  • Options
    masterawolmasterawol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ooinn wrote: »
    -personally, I'd rather they give these out on Raptr as part of the Raptr Rewards if you meet the eligibility.

Which is:
    -Raptr Member
    -Some rank in the game (ranks are based on number of hours played..so super easy to get)
    -Have recently run the Raptr Desktop software (which tracks the game time to earn the above stated requirement)
    -Valid email
    -Resident of eligible country
    -Sometimes they require you to be a Steam user if the game is out on Steam

Yes because I want to run another **** program that I don't care about that tracks my gaming history. This is very easy to do without the need of 3rd party programs its call send and email to such address and random winners are picked.

Also the text in those screen shots wouldn't stop a bad OCR program from getting them into text form.
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The best way was the way Wizards does it, IMHO. They do a Trivia contest and the first x# of people that reply with the correct answer have the key privately mailed to them.