test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Great Nerfed Fighter (GNF)....

1235»

Comments

• mkretributionmkretribution Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am currently a 11k GS GWF , i did all t2 and the only thing i haven't downed yet is dracolich from CN. I got avatar of war t2 set and a beserker greatsword with normal plague fire enchant and a blue ioune... etc lots of fine gear and stuffs. But seriously , everytime a little 9-10k GS rogue comes around (and knows how to play his class) i feel very ashamed comming to 2nd in top dps. I weild a beautiful big a$$ sword and a tiny half-ling with 2 chinese eating sticks is out dsping me.... this is just SAD. I've spent tons of zen to reroll my class over and over , read forum treads , enchanted my gears , changed echants , tried new skills , tried comboing with friends who buff me , tried every possible thing ( stacking tenebrous, my ioun , my skill rotations , my timings) brief everything possible. But in the end i just found despair... GWF is neither a tank or a dps , a GF can tank better and a rogue DPS better with minimal gear/effort/skill... yea im leveling a half-orc rogue now thanks a lot PW for destroying the supposed "destroyer".

GWF is just a hopeless , overnerfed class , not worth wasting ur time to improve even ultra late game it sucks, just face it , cry then go reroll anything else.
  • tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GWF, Rogue and Cleric are balanced. I can't say the same about the other two classes.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tenkuro wrote: »
    GWF, Rogue and Cleric are balanced. I can't say the same about the other two classes.

Rogue fanboyz detected..........
  • rueianrueian Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great Weapons Fighters get a stat -1% Resistance Ignored per 1 point of CON over 10
    Could the way the stat is listed actually be hindering GWF damage?

could mean
    CON Ability Score Buff (1%*(CON-10) Resistance Ignored)
    Armor Penetration Stat Buff (+x% Resistance Ignored)
    Total Resistance Ignored = x% + (1%*(CON-10))
    Which is how i'm hoping it works and is intended to work.

It could also mean
    CON Ability Score Buff (-1%*(CON-10) Resistance Ignored)
    Armor Penetration Stat Buff (+x% Resistance Ignored)
    Total Resistance Ignored = x% - (-1%*(CON-10)) Meaning you actually give your target Resistance till your Armor Penetration Stat breaks the threshold your CON set.

Anyone know which is true? Have we had a Dev verify?
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The armor pen from CON is working fine.
  • vaelosvaelos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I feel like they simply forgot to nerf GWF tradeskill speed by 50% as well just to make sure no one could do anything with one.
  • v4ngelv4ngel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GWF biggest problem to me imo is our at will and feats
    i think our encounters damage are fine but our at will atks are far too weak compared to rogues and cw..i mean ffs we are using 2h weapon not baton sticks.

almost most of our feats are bugged ( sentinel tree )
    edited May 2013
    The armor pen from CON is working fine.
    We cant really tell since they don't list Resistance Ignore as a stat. (which i dont understand why its not listed as an offensive stat.) So how can you say for a fact?
  • hedas8hedas8 Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    rueian wrote: »
    We cant really tell since they don't list Resistance Ignore as a stat. (which i dont understand why its not listed as an offensive stat.) So how can you say for a fact?

the move speed buff from bravery isn't showing at the + move speed part of the stats but seems to be working, so even if there was a resist ignore stat on the list i would't trust anything on the stats 100% right now.
    "Vera libertas dissipabis omnem tantibus" me.
    Hedas 60 GWF.
    Hrod 60 GF.
    Alain Loreweaver 60 CW.
    Dragon.
  • ilbiondoilbiondo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You might also empowers us as a class, when I play with my friends, the rogue is irragggiungibile as dps, the mage I approach a lot but I overcome it, I read really bad in lfg people who are just looking TR and CW, GFs are not considered as a class.
    edited May 2013
    hedas8 wrote: »
    the move speed buff from bravery isn't showing at the + move speed part of the stats but seems to be working, so even if there was a resist ignore stat on the list i would't trust anything on the stats 100% right now.
    The point i'm making is that the game may be including the CON buff to resistance ignored as a negative, say you have 10% Resistance ignore from Armor penetration and you have 20 CON

thats 10% -10% which makes 0% not 20%.
  • bighalsybighalsy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    v4ngel wrote: »
    GWF biggest problem to me imo is our at will and feats
    i think our encounters damage are fine but our at will atks are far too weak compared to rogues and cw..i mean ffs we are using 2h weapon not baton sticks.

almost most of our feats are bugged ( sentinel tree )

I agree. I feel like I'm using a whifflebat most of the time. And of course with how damage stacks then we have to deal with others knocking the mobs back - or them just moving around - so then once we get into range we're starting all over from the bottom again.

I'm at the point now I'm probably just going to park my GWF and try something else until Cryptic give it the love it needs.
    Midget soothsayer robs bank. Small medium at large.
    edited May 2013
    NegativeBasePen.png
    I have a feeling that Pen isn't working correctly somewhere.
  • rycegamingrycegaming Member Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    NegativeBasePen.png
    I have a feeling that Pen isn't working correctly somewhere.

baby baggins
  • gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I actually been playing a GWF in beta since they were introduced and had planned on having it as my main. Back in beta three we were a actual wanted class doing good dps on mobs (was a CW and GWF wanted instead of CW and CW as it stands now). We were very competitive in PvP (We use to burst Rogues like they do us now.)

I re-rolled as a CW main now and have not looked back since the ****ty changes of this class. With CW you have same survivability (may be better and you kill mobs 10 times faster).

Don't waste your time with this limp <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> class.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    altodarr wrote: »
    Well, if Cryptic really wanted GWFs to be damage dealers they wouldn't nerf the dmg of the class in every single big patch, would they?

Few days ago, lv60. I definitely felt the nerf but minions were still going down fast in the zones I played.
    My main is/will be a CW. But I don't think CW is a real aoe class.

You must not be playing your CW correctly, if you think this. I burn down mobs waaaaay more effectively and faster than my GWF even at 60. CW are the king of AoE damage.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • churchilligcchurchilligc Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    OP:

I had not realized those were the changes and they were so vast, reverting GWF back to BW3 seems to be the first step to making it useful again from which point it would need to be looked at to whether it needs additional buffs.

I can't see those simply being enough, however TR gets most of its damage from bleeds, making ours somewhat useful again would be a good start for single target damage. At 50%, you could get ~2000-2500 damage a tick pretty easily. It's still only 1/4th of what a TRs does, but it's a start.

Edit: I'll also point out that the other classes are fine in my opinion. TR is fine, GF could use better hate mechanics (as could DC and GWF), DC is fine, CW is fine, GWF is not fine.

The game itself is against GF moreso than the hate mechanics, but a good one can easily hold their weight in the party. Going into most T2s, I fully expect to have my damage doubled by TRs save for a few instances that work more in my favor (Spellplague for example). Some of the bosses take a long time to kill, especially since I (a GWF) am in the party. I am fine with bosses being difficult (more addsssssss!) but 20m to kill a boss for a 5 man dungeon is a little silly.

We are "good at killing trash pulls" but we're not, not really. The way the game works out with stuff moving around and CW's doing their job, we can't just simply beat on 7+ mobs at all times. If we're fighting less than 7, or fighting a champion mob single target, a TR pulls ahead of us just through auto attacks. This is the majority of dungeons. It's so frustrating. The fact that they addressed this issue in an interview and were so vague is even more infuriating.
  • v4ngelv4ngel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this game only has 3 class..
    TR/CW and cleric
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I can say cos I tested by making 2 GWF with different CON score, and compared the % of damage mitigated by the same mobs.
    The armor pen from CON is added to your armor pen from gear, but armor pen can't give your target a negative armor value.
    If you mouse over your armor pen score, it shows your % defense ignored, and it works as a flat reduction.

Anyway, even if you lower your target armor to 0 then add WMS debuff, the GWF damage still sux.
  • mofugga9mofugga9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After many hours and close to 11k Gs my realy good geared gwf is next to useless in most T2's with equaly geared players
    Rogues do so much more dps its silly mages rock Gwf has nice aoe sure but its not even close enough to compensate for example a rogues single target dps... Lets hope they fix this issue
  • nonameidknonameidk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Why wasn't I around when GWF were g(o)od? Make this happen!
    When in doubt, just hold on. A new day will rise :)
  • belladanbelladan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Need to l2p. Last CN I was 4million dps above the next to players, which were rogues. And i'm only using that founders weapon enhancment.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    HolyNecroPost_759032.jpg
    va8Ru.gif
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Deep Gash was ridiculous, 50% of power as damage.

Who comes up with this stuff?
  • nonameidknonameidk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Lets cry about how bad GWFs so we can get these buff LOL /sarcsasm I wish i was playing when they were like this
    When in doubt, just hold on. A new day will rise :)
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    even then they were to weak
  • tgnetblaisetgnetblaise Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What role do the devs see GWF playing as? When was the last time the devs told us what they envision the GWF to be?

The GF is a Tank, CW is the Control, and the Rogue is the Single Target DPSer

The GWF was crated as a AOE DPS Beast.. That is its role.. There are no class's that fit into this role in the game atm.... Before the GWF started out with Wicked Strick. At-Will aoe ability.. Does less dmg the more mobs that you hit.. Was a great ability... It prety much told us players what king of class and role the GWF plays... Leveling up was fun and very enjoyable... Alot of us founders became founders because of how well the class's were made and how they fit into there roles..

What happen to the GWF development team from closed beta to release? With the way things are now it seems like the original GWF dev team quit or got fired or something and some ***** ***** ***** (Fill in the blanks, Add more Asterisks if you need it) came in and messed the class up.... Why is this class having identity issue's now?

The GWF is a aoe dpser.. What does a aoe dpser need? Needs decent survivability to stay alive and take hits when mobs come to attack you instead of the tank... (OffTankDPS). The GWF also needs some form of Single target dps on Boss fights, not much but enough to help the single target dps when there are no adds to attack.... To be able to do this important job in a dungeon/end game environment the AOE DPSer needs to be able to do alot of AOE damage...
  • tgnetblaisetgnetblaise Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Can soneone just start a Poll or something about the GWF status and even ask a Dev to do a stream or something on just the GWF where they are taking this class... I don't think they even no what we want and what the problems are..... We complain about how bad the class is damage wise and they nearf it.... We say that the class is good where it is and they nearf it.... Is there any communication between the customer and the Developer?

What really bothers me is when I don't even no what i bring to the table when it comes to dungeons/instances/end game... What is my role... I love GWF but If i'm starting a group for a dungeon I would never invite another GWF to the dungeon..getting 2 RG or CW would be way better... Its a shame they the devs have created a class like this... They have failed... When I play on my Healer or Rogue I never invite any GWF to the party. I would rather have 2 tanks or 2 healer then a GWF.. 3 Rogues would be nice...It hurst being in a dungeon and at the end of it see that the rogue has **** near trippled your dps and the tank has done more DPS then you... lol........lol.....

GWF is the worst class to lvl up with.. How can 2h weapon welding class be worst then a healer? WOW....

You no I havevn't even played this game fully ina while.. I can't play it for long periods of time.. I end up thinking that I'm wasting my time.. Its not fun anymore.. The game is not enjoyable... I have tried to play this game every week and weekend.. I always fall asleep or just go play FireFall or some old games like Vindictus or something...

I thought this game was out to make some money?