test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Great Nerfed Fighter (GNF)....

hakarathakarat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2013 in The Militia Barracks
So I had to remake my GWF or should I say The great NERFED fighter.... First thing I noticed was how much they nerfed so many of his powers and feats I am no longer sure I even want to roll this class anymore...

Just to compile a short list of things I've noticed since BW3, if anyone would care to add anything it is greatly welcomed... All the info I take from the old skills are taken from this wiki.

-BW3-

Class Feature

Destroyer
Your huge swipes strikes deep, increasing your damage by 3% every time you hit more than 3 enemies with a single attack. Stacks up to 5 times.

-BW4-

Class Feature

Destroyer
Your huge swipes strikes deep, increasing your damage by 2% every time you hit more than 3 enemies with a single attack. Stacks up to 3 times.

At Tier 3 of Destroyer, increases your damage 4% (1% per pt) every time you hit more than 3 enemies. Stacks up to 3 times.

Nerfed 3% at full stacks and can't get the full benefit till lvl 30..

-BW3-

Heroic Feats

Unstoppable Action 5/5
You gain 10/20/30/40/50% bonus Action Points for dealing damage while you are Unstoppable.

Disciple of Strength 3/3
Increase the amount of bonus damage Strength gives you by 5/10/15%

Fast Runner 5/5
Decrease Stamina drain while Sprinting by 5/10/15/20/25%.

Grit 3/3
Gain 1/2/3% of your Max Hit Points in Temporary Hit Points when you are Healed by a power. (20 second cooldown)

Destroyer Feats

Great Weapon Focus 5/5
Increase the damage of your At-Will powers by 3/6/9/12/15%.

Deep Gash 5/5
Your critical strikes cause your target to Bleed, taking 10/20/30/40/50% of your Power as Damage over 5 seconds.

Focused Destroyer 5/5
Destroyer now has a 20/40/60/80/100% to grant a stack when hitting any number of targets.

Destroyer's Purpose 1/1
You now gain Determination by dealing damage, and Unstoppable also increases your damage by 25%.

-BW4-

Heroic Feats

Unstoppable Action 5/5
You gain 5/10/15/20/25% bonus Action Points for dealing damage while you are Unstoppable.

Disciple of Strength 3/3
Increase the amount of bonus damage Strength gives you by 2/4/6%

Fast Runner 5/5
Decrease Stamina drain while Sprinting by 3/6/9/12/15%.

Grit 3/3
Gain 1/2/3% of your Max Hit Points in Temporary Hit Points when you are Healed by a power. (40 second cooldown)

Destroyer Feats

Great Weapon Focus 5/5
Increase the damage of your At-Will powers by 2/4/6/8/10%.

Deep Gash 5/5
Your critical strikes cause your target to Bleed, taking 3/6/9/12/15% of your Power as Damage over 5 seconds.

Focused Destroyer 5/5
Destroyer now has a 5/10/15/20/25% to grant a stack when hitting any number of targets.

Destroyer's Purpose 1/1
You now gain Determination by dealing damage, and Unstoppable also increases your encounter damage by 10%.

It seems like they hardcore nerfed the majority of the Destroyer tree, effectively making deep gash / focused destroyer and destoyer's purpose worthless in comparison to their old stats. Were they really that too over powered to warrant such a nerf? I pretty much don't even want to go GWF anymore at this point as my main focus was based on how good the DPS tree looked but now with all these nerfs, it looks 1/4 as appealing as it was.

A very big disappointment..

And the big cherry on top was removing my favorite encounter ability Punishing Charge from lvl 1 to lvl 45, that pretty much does it for me, time to choose another class and drop this one. I just don't understand how so many changes could be made, making this class go from my favorite to worst.

Terrible changes, Cryptic Studios if you're listening, please at least revert the Punishing Charge change, if at least Punishing Charge is back to lvl 1 i'll still roll the class, but with the combined changes I can't see myself playing this class anymore.

Edit: Pictures to the GNF Power System below

x1k77s.jpg

rirsif.png

2iruhj7.png

Edit 2: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/sho...21#post1825321

I also started another thread for a petition to change Punishing Charge back to lvl 1.

For those of you without beta access you can trust us that GWF has got some major mobility issues now that we can't even use Punishing Charge anymore.

A lot of people said it was fine before, I agree that GWF was indeed perfectly fine the way it was, especially regarding Punishing Charge.

If you agree and would at least like to see that power reverted back to the way it was, sign the petition, and thank you.
"There are more things in heaven and earth,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
Post edited by hakarat on

Comments

• altodarraltodarr Member Posts: 60
    edited April 2013
    Just to mention:
    They also nerfed all of the GWF powers in terms of dmg.
  • supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I agree. The way to balance isn't to cut everything down at once. They should have hit a few areas and see how the changes affected the class.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
    edited April 2013
    Well, they've been nerfing the class with almost every big patch since it was first introduced.
  • semkansemkan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    They also nerfed reaping strike which i find very useless now.
  • hakarathakarat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I'll be posting new changes as I notice them.

Since i'll be starting over from lvl 1, it'll be much easier to give a decent assessment of my findings.

But as I noticed currently at lvl 1...

Sure Strike
    (15' Range)(5' Cylinder)
    Swing your blades in a series of narrow slashes, followed by a powerful downward slam. Damage is slightly reduced for every target you hit beyond the first.

Is now given to you at lvl 1 instead of Wicked Strike and it NO LONGER hits multiple targets. It seems now that it's a single target DPS move instead of being able to stack mobs close and hit multiple targets, another CRAPPY NERF.

Also,

Punishing Charge
    (25' Range) (4' Cylinder) (??s cooldown)
    Rush forward, passing through enemies and striking them along the way.
    This ability has 3 charges.

Has been switched as your first Encounter Power to

Not So Fast
    (13' Burst) (Physical Damage) (15s cooldown)
    Release a fast spinning slice to the legs of enemies around you, briefly Slowing them.

Giving you pretty craptastic beginning AOE capabilities..
    edited April 2013
    Now only sure strike's overhead blow can hit multiple targets.
  • hakarathakarat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, i was just gunna change that, noticed it after using it a couple more times, only the last hit can hit multiple targets..
    edited April 2013
    Taken from another post in the Class Forums Build
    delgatto42 wrote: »
    So I would consider the old level 1-5 powers the bread and butter skills of the class. For GWF, my favorite of which was 'Punishing Charge.' Can any one enlighten us why they took some very key and core powers from the very earliest levels of a character, and push them to the very end? I'm not criticizing (tho I am already finding a class that I was enjoying quite a bit, and felt very natural at playing during BW3, almost unplayable now.... due to battle mobility issues) It would be nice to get insight as to why powers were moved to where they are now.

GWF used to have good mobility, but now its a chore. His sprint was good for chasing, and his 'Punishing Charge' was good for getting in or out quickly. His sprint is very unresponsive/unreliable compared to wizard blinks, or rogue tumbles within battle (imo of course) and offers no protection like the GF's shield. Was there some huge balance issue with giving GWF a bit of battle mobility that also hurts enemies, or was it just that the flashier leap attack (that is still underwhelming for mobility) won out? I'm sure it was well thought out, I'm just sad no class feels right anymore for me. On the other hand, at least I don't have 1 encounter slot permanently devoted to a power that does low damage and give me the ability to be in the tick of the battle when I specialize in melee AoE's. Maybe i can use a PBAOE taunt to keep the enemies on top of me so I can do my job as a melee AoE DPS.

P.S. Yes there is some sarcasm here, but I would still appreciate seeing the reasons the powers were moved so far from where you used to get them. Would make dealing with a 5th class that doesn't feel right a bit better, when I was very happy before. I do like customization of powers, but when most other people have single button press GTFO dashes, having one that is click, hold, and pray it kicks in on time, and that your finger doesn't slip while you reposition outside of the strike, and have to use the same button to run down your foes, makes for needing sprint up/ready 100% of the time. I feel that this change very much takes away from the role of the GWF being an initiator, DPSer, and chaser. When the forums said GWF was way off its mark, I don't think taking away utility and mobility was a solution.

Punishing Charge was by far my most favorite and valuable power and was pretty much the main reason why I went GWF because it was one of the starting powers.

Now you can't even access it till lvl 45 and I would have to agree that the mobility of this class feels sooo much slower now, especially with the 10% nerf to sprint consumption, sprint also feels to exhaust a tiny bit faster but in all it feels much slower now.

And not being able to have Punishing Charge to lvl 45 might just kill this class for me officially now.
    edited April 2013
    Also, I'd have to say, this new leveling system sucks with the way powers are now treated.

Everything does way less damage until you put points into them and you only get a set of new skills once every 5 levels.

At lvl 10 they give you 2 daily powers... WTH am I going to do with 2 daily powers if I can only use 1 at a time (and slot 2 of course..)?

Wouldn't 1 daily power and 1 encounter power rewarded at lvl 10 be more helpful? I'll post a picture of the power tree soon so people can take a look for themselves at the new power system but I really wasn't a big fan of it before and at initial glace, it sucks a lot.
    edited April 2013
    I linked the pictures of the new power system in my original post.
  • volcxxxvolcxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    just play rogue like everybody...

/sarcazm off :P
    5cm82e.jpg
    Old "Blood and Sand: Unchained" quest
    Played more than 100 000 times!
    > TRY IT NOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ecy4o6JqLc
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    so they nerfed dps of gwf which had to low dps before :(? so gf will be better dps now....
  • mrbuttflakesmrbuttflakes Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    That's what happens when people keep saying the class is OP. I thought it was fine and don't like the changes myself. Please continue to let us all know how it plays for you.
    edited April 2013
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?127061-Petition-Please-Revert-Punishing-Charge-Back-To-lvl-1&p=1825321#post1825321

I also started another thread for a petition to change Punishing Charge back to lvl 1.

For those of you without beta access you can trust us that GWF has got some major mobility issues now that we can't even use Punishing Charge anymore.

A lot of people said it was fine before, I agree that GWF was indeed perfectly fine the way it was, especially regarding Punishing Charge.

If you agree and would at least like to see that power reverted back to the way it was, sign the petition, and thank you.
    edited April 2013
    That's what happens when people keep saying the class is OP. I thought it was fine and don't like the changes myself. Please continue to let us all know how it plays for you.

Yes, I will continue to give this thread my feedback.

So far from lvl 1-5, I've already experienced problems with DPS issues in the first 2 missions. The 2nd mission right out of Protector's Enclave when you have to go to the catacombs, I was experiencing problems with low DPS and only having Sure Strike & Not So Fast to start with (instead of Wicked Strike & Punishing Charge), I was having some problems maneuvering and trying to DPS large groups of mobs.

In the first Catacomb mission, I already found myself having to use 1-2 pots to prevent dying. Never had that issue in BW3 when starting out. Again, this is for testing purposes so no early companions, no green gear from the AH, just leveling with what I get.

I'll let you guys know how the next area plays out.
  • zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The punishing charge move was just bizarre. I guess they want to slow down the leveling and thought we relied on it too much. Whatever. I'm playing GF anyway now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • voidwatcherxvoidwatcherx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I myself find the change to Punishing Charge a very odd move to have it at such a high level. The rest I can deal with. The GWF is still my main class for sure. I'm not to let anything such a nerf to prevent me from playing the class I favour.
    dakasig.png

• lurkersxlurkersx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Its actually kind of sad they nerfed the damage and took away early aoe. My GF hits much harder than my GWF who is 2 levels higher. The GF also has WAY better survivability atleast in the twenties than the GWF. I hear GWF scaled well and was powerful in higher levels and thus the reason for nerf but at lower levels atm they are terrible.
  • zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lurkersx wrote: »
    Its actually kind of sad they nerfed the damage and took away early aoe. My GF hits much harder than my GWF who is 2 levels higher. The GF also has WAY better survivability atleast in the twenties than the GWF. I hear GWF scaled well and was powerful in higher levels and thus the reason for nerf but at lower levels atm they are terrible.

Yeah, a huge part of the survival was tied up in the charge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Just did the 2nd dungeon with my GWF. In B3 I was 2nd DPS, behind my friend's Rogue, and it wasn't too terribly far behind. Today I was 2nd to last, and barely DPS'd higher than our tank. A cleric did more damage than me. I changed nothing in my play-style and ran the dungeon exactly the same way. GG GWF is dead.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
    edited April 2013
    lurkersx wrote: »

I am hearing from a lot of people that GF are now doing comparable damage to the GWF where as in BW3, GWF were doing damage comparable to rogues.

Soooo now tanks are more damage capable to GWF with waaay more survivability? That doesn't sound right at all. And here people were saying there's no more need for Beta Weekends and to just release the game already? Seems to me the game is more broken now than ever as far as GWF is concerned.
    zingarbage wrote: »
    Yeah, a huge part of the survival was tied up in the charge.

As I'm questing from 6-10 I find myself in constant need of potions where as before, I very rarely needed to use potions.

Combined with the fact that I no longer have decent AOE and not having charge, I dodge for <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> now. This class is in desperate need of restoration to it's BW3 form. The class was just as fine as rogues were, but Rogues are still doing the best damage while GWF is down below just above GF...
    edited April 2013
    Is anyone else not able to get to their powers? When I click the power button it brings up some deal saying to choose my paragon path but there is no option to choose one and I already did it earlier. Basically can't play my GWF.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm not finding the system to be so bad but i really dont understand the decision to give Not so fast so early. Looks like a power that is only usefull in PvP.
  • silknightsilknight Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 199
    edited April 2013
    These changes are garbage. Cryptic you need to fix this class and fast.
  • newrednewred Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Lucky I didn't bought the founder pack til now waiting for what they would show us at BW4. Bye bye HotN!
  • brickster51brickster51 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I agree...
    edited April 2013
    Guys, please sign my petition to at least have Punishing Charge reverted back to it's original lvl 1 form.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?127061-Petition-Please-Revert-Punishing-Charge-Back-To-lvl-1

That by far is the worst change out of everything. Thank you.
    edited April 2013
    Well, GWF is sorely under tuned.

I have suspicions that maybe GWF were not tuned properly at higher levels and were showing signs of major scaling issues so they over tuned the nerfs not realizing that it would be utterly painful at lower levels.

Already from lvl 1-11 it has been extremely slow and painful. Sure Strike is doing pathetic damage at this point, 20-80 damage. At lvl 11, the Battle Tested and Torturer Orcs take so long to kill, the game isn't even fun to play anymore.

I had to cave in and get my hands on some green items, but even then it's still painfully slow.

Lvl 1-20 in BW3 the fun meter was 100/100

Lvl 1-20 in BW4 the fun meter has gone to -50/100
    edited April 2013
    Not so fast seems to be incredibly weak compared to where it was last beta at the upper levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mayhemsmmayhemsm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 35
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, the class sucks now tbh. I had a blast playing it BW3... Now I hardly feel like playing the game. Should have held off on that HoTN package.