test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Something big must be going on with the devs

Comments

• Options
    meithrasmeithras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I for one am invested in my character. I've spent plenty of time and energy in leveling him up, and I don't want to have to go through all of that again anytime soon.

Like the guy above, I am not an exploiter, nor do I feel that the exploiters have affected me in any way.

The "wipe" crowd, however, are a direct threat to my enjoyment of playing this game.
  • Options
    joshmaaaaaaansjoshmaaaaaaans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    http://s11.postimg.org/k0eh5u49u/Cryptictrollface.jpg

Made this when I played STO. Still relevant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    meithras wrote: »
    The "wipe" crowd, however, are a direct threat to my enjoyment of playing this game.

qft, they're a bigger threat than a million exploits.
  • Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    charononus wrote: »
    qft, they're a bigger threat than a million exploits.

says the control wizard, who as a result has zero issues with anything at endgame unlike half the other classes.
  • Options
    lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    meithras wrote: »
    Like the guy above, I am not an exploiter, nor do I feel that the exploiters have affected me in any way.

Playing devil's advocate here - you never bought or sold a single item off the AH or grouped with random players? Because that is the only way this exploit did not affect you.

As for everyone panicking because the dev's aren't on. Do you even realize how poisonous and vile these forums are ATM? I am sure they are around, just not posting.

I do wish they would come out with an announcement soon though.

If they wipe, they wipe. If not, they better have a darn good way to undo the damage caused by all of this (other than a wipe or new server, I see no plausible solution).
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Playing devil's advocate here - you never bought or sold a single item off the AH or grouped with random players? Because that is the only way this exploit did not affect you.

As for everyone panicking because the dev's aren't on. Do you even realize how poisonous and vile these forums are ATM? I am sure they are around, just not posting.

I do wish they would come out with an announcement soon though.

If they wipe, they wipe. If not, they better have a darn good way to undo the damage caused by all of this.

The problem is, between all the bugs needing fixing and the explouitative cash shop prices, the forum's only going to get more toxic.
  • Options
    zolimoszolimos Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kalizaar wrote: »
    I'm not an exploiter and I don't feel like the exploiters have affected me in any way. But then that's because I don't worry about what equipment or how much money other people have. I could just as happily play my characters side by side with a poor, under equipped person as I could playing side by side with a rich, overly equipped person. They don't affect my fun. If the game is fun, I'm having fun playing it.

I do realize though that there are plenty of people that are obsessed with whether or not someone has better equipment or more money than them. Human nature I suppose. For those types of people I can understand why they'd want a wipe. They can't stand the fact that someone has more virtual stuff than them, or that someone got more virtual stuff than them with less virtual work than them.

It's too bad people can't just learn to enjoy a game because it's a game and stop worrying about whether someone else is able to make pixels in the shape of numbers higher than their pixelated numbers.

Pretty much the same is in RL. I'm with you 100%.
    If I didn't come to the forums at work, I would have no idea how broken/fail this excellent game is. I would still be foolishly enjoying every moment of play time that I can get. I play with a couple of folks that never read the forums. They are shocked when I tell them what I read here.
    I have read this thread and cannot find a single justification for this outrage beyond some kind of pettyness or jealousy. I'm not saying that those are not valid reasons for you to be upset, just be aware that it does make your viewpoint seem shallow. For example, I know that you are already thinking of the fanboi names you want to call me even as I'm telling you that your opinion of me is less than meaningless to me and everyone else on these boards. Your opinion of the game and its mechanics, however, are important to us all. If you can phrase your responses in a way that do not seem to be overly contentious and contain a helpful perspective, we will all benefit. For example; Calls for a wipe to punish the thousands of folks playing the game that know absolutely nothing about this exploit is extremely short-sighted. Most players truly do not even know about these things.
    Think about the big picture and make your points centered more on the game on not on yourself and you will begin to have meaningful exchanges that may lead to some workable solution.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Kalizaar,
    I forgot add that if you are on Dragon, I'd be happy to quest with you anytime.
  • Options
    kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zolimos wrote: »
    Kalizaar,
    I forgot add that if you are on Dragon, I'd be happy to quest with you anytime.

Yep, I am and at this name! And you're totally right about forums too. I've learned over the years that the quickest way to like a game is to play it and the quickest way to dislike a game is by reading the forums. After coming to that realization I've gotten better at ignoring the DOOM and GLOOM that's usually plastered all over game forums to find the small nuggets of wisdom.

I often play MMOs with a bunch of the same guys and very few of them read forums. I've learned to not repeat any of the horrible negatives that I never knew about until I read game forums.. lol.
  • Options
    palefire967palefire967 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If I didn't come to the forums at work, I would have no idea how broken/fail this excellent game is. I would still be foolishly enjoying every moment of play time that I can get. I play with a couple of folks that never read the forums. They are shocked when I tell them what I read here.
    I have read this thread and cannot find a single justification for this outrage beyond some kind of pettyness or jealousy. I'm not saying that those are not valid reasons for you to be upset, just be aware that it does make your viewpoint seem shallow. For example, I know that you are already thinking of the fanboi names you want to call me even as I'm telling you that your opinion of me is less than meaningless to me and everyone else on these boards. Your opinion of the game and its mechanics, however, are important to us all. If you can phrase your responses in a way that do not seem to be overly contentious and contain a helpful perspective, we will all benefit. For example; Calls for a wipe to punish the thousands of folks playing the game that know absolutely nothing about this exploit is extremely short-sighted. Most players truly do not even know about these things.
    Think about the big picture and make your points centered more on the game on not on yourself and you will begin to have meaningful exchanges that may lead to some workable solution.

This is so true.
  • Options
    isakongmingisakongming Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lets see now. Game goes live for founders, AD/ZEN rate is at 500, game opens up for guardians, rate stays at 500, game goes live for everyone else and in two days it starts to drop to 490. 1 full week after release, drops into the 470s.

Seems like the exploits that flooded the market with AD pushed the AD/ZEN rate down faster, rather than slower. Lower is better for everyone but those buying ZEN. So, I see those complaining about this are those that want to BUY TO WIN. And personally, and this is coming from someone that paid $200 to support the games making...I don't care if you complain, just like I don't care if the exploiters complain. You are on the same level in my eyes.

If they wipe after promising they would not wipe after april 25th, I will demand my money back. No game releases without exploits and no exploit is worth wiping everyone for. You just ban those that did it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kalizaar wrote: »
    Yep, I am and at this name! And you're totally right about forums too. I've learned over the years that the quickest way to like a game is to play it and the quickest way to dislike a game is by reading the forums. After coming to that realization I've gotten better at ignoring the DOOM and GLOOM that's usually plastered all over game forums to find the small nuggets of wisdom.

I often play MMOs with a bunch of the same guys and very few of them read forums. I've learned to not repeat any of the horrible negatives that I never knew about until I read game forums.. lol.

I have 5 classes from 20-30 at this name. Running a couple in duos and another in a trio, but I'm always looking for another player that doesn't mind if I have to let the dogs out or answer a phone call. I am an altaholic, old, slow and uninformed, but I still manage to have a great time! I'm at this name, as well.
  • Options
    ceonnynceonnyn Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Sounds like you are a low information voter as well.

Just because you stick your head in the sand and are shocked to find out how things really are, doesn't make the problems go away just because you were clueless and prefer to remain ignorant.

If you and your buds still don't understand how bad things are maybe you should do some thorough investigation yourself. Calls for a wipe aren't to punish people, they are out there because everyone playing has been scammed and don't even realize it.
  • Options
    tallulahkattallulahkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Lets see now. Game goes live for founders, AD/ZEN rate is at 500, game opens up for guardians, rate stays at 500, game goes live for everyone else and in two days it starts to drop to 490. 1 full week after release, drops into the 470s.

Seems like the exploits that flooded the market with AD pushed the AD/ZEN rate down faster, rather than slower. Lower is better for everyone but those buying ZEN. So, I see those complaining about this are those that want to BUY TO WIN. And personally, and this is coming from someone that paid $200 to support the games making...I don't care if you complain, just like I don't care if the exploiters complain. You are on the same level in my eyes.

If they wipe after promising they would not wipe after april 25th, I will demand my money back. No game releases without exploits and no exploit is worth wiping everyone for. You just ban those that did it.

as it is if there is NOT a wipe, I will be demanding my money back and leaving.. not just because of exploiters, but of many many bugs that i have had tickets in for almost a week about. Lost zen (over $30 - not that much but still lost) due to character bugs etc..

So either way they will be losing someone due to either a wipe or no wipe
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ceonnyn wrote: »
    Calls for a wipe aren't to punish people, they are out there because everyone playing has been scammed and don't even realize it.

I'm only 44th level, so I haven't been anywhere near "end game."

I've only done 2 dungeons & 1 skirmish, so I've barely done any group content at all.

I haven't bought a thing from the AH or the Zen Market, nor spent even a penny on this game. At this point, I'm not seeing any reason why I would buy anything from the AH, & the only things I might buy from the Zen Market are character slots & enchanted keys.

Please explain to me how I've been scammed & don't even realize it.

Edit: if you begin your post by assuming I'm a "low information voter," don't bother responding.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Sounds like you are a low information voter as well.

Just because you stick your head in the sand and are shocked to find out how things really are, doesn't make the problems go away just because you were clueless and prefer to remain ignorant.

If you and your buds still don't understand how bad things are maybe you should do some thorough investigation yourself. Calls for a wipe aren't to punish people, they are out there because everyone playing has been scammed and don't even realize it.

Sounds like you're petty and contentious and have reading comprehension and logic issues. Is that previous sentence helpful? No, and I don't usually stoop to writing garbage like that, I just want you to see how condescension and name-calling just make you seem petty and foolish. This is why no one will ever give your comment any consideration.
    Question: If I claim to have harmed you with this post, but you do not feel harmed, is my claim invalid?
  • Options
    isakongmingisakongming Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    as it is if there is NOT a wipe, I will be demanding my money back and leaving.. not just because of exploiters, but of many many bugs that i have had tickets in for almost a week about. Lost zen (over $30 - not that much but still lost) due to character bugs etc..

So either way they will be losing someone due to either a wipe or no wipe

I see, so because you did not get good customer service on some tickets, you want to punish every single player playing the game...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I see, so because you did not get good customer service on some tickets, you want to punish every single player playing the game...
    To be fair, anyone stupid enough to spend money on the game in its current state deserves to be punished.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    No character wipes! :)

There it is, official word that they're keeping their word.
  • Options
    ceonnynceonnyn Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    flayedawg wrote: »
    I'm only 44th level, so I haven't been anywhere near "end game."

I've only done 2 dungeons & 1 skirmish, so I've barely done any group content at all.

I haven't bought a thing from the AH or the Zen Market, nor spent even a penny on this game. At this point, I'm not seeing any reason why I would buy anything from the AH, & the only things I might buy from the Zen Market are character slots & enchanted keys.

Please explain to me how I've been scammed & don't even realize it.

Edit: if you begin your post by assuming I'm a "low information voter," don't bother responding.

I assumed it and I'm still responding :)

Basically, you are lvl 44 and haven't bought anything. Your opinion is worthless.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Your opinion is worthless.

The only worthless opinion is the one that comes from someone saying another persons opinion is worthless.

They stated once AGAIN that there will be NO WIPES. Deal with it. Go demand a new shard, one not...tainted in your eyes and re-roll there.
  • Options
    yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    What damage was caused that so greatly hurt everyone? Cause I haven't been effected by anything in any way shape or form.

Same here, it hasn't impacted my gameplay at all. All the calls for wipes and "this is the end" etc must be from people playing a completely different game. Maybe if you are really focused on making money/ AD or whatever it seems bad, but for someone just playing through the content its simply not relevant.
  • Options
    callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I didnt bug or glitch anything.

I play with guildies 90% of the time.

I have a 10.2k GS

I have successfully farmed up to the 4th boss of CN, currently working strats for Dracolich

I PVPd legitly from 10-60, took me a week (while everyone else was glitching).

So no, exploiters didnt affrect me, hell they make things cheaper in the long run.

I play the game on my own terms, noone elses.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    callmedeux wrote: »
    I didnt bug or glitch anything.

I play with guildies 90% of the time.

I have a 10.2k GS

I have successfully farmed up to the 4th boss of CN, currently working strats for Dracolich

I PVPd legitly from 10-60, took me a week (while everyone else was glitching).

So no, exploiters didnt affrect me, hell they make things cheaper in the long run.

I play the game on my own terms, noone elses.

tell that to people when raids come in and nobody wants people who dont have a full set of cash shop enchants.
  • Options
    grizzlyvgrizzlyv Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pippenz wrote: »
    Twitter - No posts in 14h
    Facebook - No Posts in 14h
    DevTracker - 2 posts both early in the morning, the one dev who posted is now offline

Hopefully they are figuring out a way to fix the damage done by the GF exploiters. Prices in the AH are TANKING. AD Exchange rate SUCKS. Not even worth it to buy zen anymore, unless you want a specific thing from the Zen store.

What do you guys think? Very strange of them to be quiet for so long.

I THINK that after so many years of online gaming, and with all the information available, and maybe even just with common sense... you should realize that community managers, twitter account PR people, and other information-providers and forum-managers are NOT the developers that actually made design decisions and fix the game.

Seriously.....
  • Options
    tallulahkattallulahkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No i stated i wanted wipes due to the many many many bugs that have caused players to lose real money and exploits that have ruined the economy.
    wingofbenu wrote: »
    To be fair, anyone stupid enough to spend money on the game in its current state deserves to be punished.
    In all fairness, I did not have any issues with the game whatsoever until i started spending money on zen..
  • Options
    kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not only are they making it cheaper they are making it worthless for the rest of the world to do them. Fights in this game are not fun, innovative or grounbreaking. From 1 to 60 the only mechanic is adds... If the game had great challenges or some very original fights people would want to do them and learn how to perform well but its the same fight with adds from 1-60 with or without groups its the same thing all over again.

People might find it cool or even worthwhile to do a dungeon here and there but after so many clone fights it gets old real fast. If the people who are making foundry quests could have access they would probably be the best dungeons in the game but unfortunatly its not possible right now.
  • Options
    cocksworthcocksworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Defenders of the Zen Realm preaching glory of the infallible Kingdom in which there can be no wrong, swooping in to stop slander white knights at the helm, loyal to the bitter end heroes through and through they'll tell you right from wrong and most impressive yet they're almost level two.
  • Options
    disneffadisneffa Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    What damage was caused that so greatly hurt everyone? Cause I haven't been effected by anything in any way shape or form.

some GF know of a exploit where they can 3 hit bosses ive been in groups where its been done.. yeah its cool to down a dungeon in 5 min fast seals but it needs to be fixed
  • Options
    reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    might be something to do with this http://nw.perfectworld.com/module1
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007