test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Something big must be going on with the devs

pippenzpippenz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Twitter - No posts in 14h
Facebook - No Posts in 14h
DevTracker - 2 posts both early in the morning, the one dev who posted is now offline

Hopefully they are figuring out a way to fix the damage done by the GF exploiters. Prices in the AH are TANKING. AD Exchange rate SUCKS. Not even worth it to buy zen anymore, unless you want a specific thing from the Zen store.

What do you guys think? Very strange of them to be quiet for so long.
Post edited by pippenz on

Comments

• Options
    meshooflakesmeshooflakes Member Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    If you look in to darkness long enough you will see what you want to see.
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    What damage was caused that so greatly hurt everyone? Cause I haven't been effected by anything in any way shape or form.
  • Options
    yamzeyamze Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game have just failed, let's be honest.

Everyone will remember the "NW Open Beta" as a fail.
  • Options
    luther8luther8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    would be nice if things started going on sale, 40 dollars is too much for a mount but slap on a 24 hour 24% off on select items every day would be nice
    The Adventures of Sherlock Colms

Quest I
    The Mysteries at Fang Ridge!
    Short code: NW-DGTN72HYL
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    I haven't been effected by anything in any way shape or form.

Ditto. The pvp DC bug was bigger than this i feel. Also, 14 hours? OMG the sky is falling!!! I'd rather they work on the game than random twittbook posts. Every time i see those it's usually a downtime, crash, or something like that.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    yamze wrote: »
    This game have just failed, let's be honest.

Everyone will remember the "NW Open Beta" as a fail.

Yah. I mean, just log on, There is no one in there right? LOL

Get real dude, I haven;t seen Zone Chat like this EVER! I have never seen so many players in an MMO before. You have lost your mind. This game is freaking packed with people playing it! Video Gamers & D&D'ers alike!
  • Options
    l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's the devil's work!
  • Options
    ratrailratrail Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    What damage was caused that so greatly hurt everyone? Cause I haven't been effected by anything in any way shape or form.

They'll just argue that you have been unknowingly, irreparably harmed by the exaggerated damage to the economy that will (at worst) last until the next time a new tier of gear is released, if even that long. You are correct to not be concerned or alarmed by the fact that a few people were able to use some exploits to make a lot of AD in game.
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pippenz wrote: »
    DevTracker - 2 posts both early in the morning, the one dev who posted is now offline

Hopefully they are figuring out a way to fix the damage done by the GF exploiters. Prices in the AH are TANKING. AD Exchange rate SUCKS. Not even worth it to buy zen anymore, unless you want a specific thing from the Zen store.

Honestly I've lost confidence in Cryptics ability to implement and manage an MMO. They have great artists and graphic designers, and developers but implementation and some design decisions is just fail. Same thing in their other games.. Hell I still have the 2 unwrapped copies of STO in my closest. That game was so bad I didn't even bother opening and installing the full product once it released... and tried selling both copies for a measely $10 each like 1 week after release and couldn't even sell them.

Really don't understand how company's don't learn from other poor launches.. If you release untested/unfinished/unbalanced you will lose a good chunk of population you won't ever get back.. Who knows, maybe their revenue model was to make all their money off box sales and xen sales in the first few weeks, then assign a skeleton crew to keep people edging along... wouldn't be the first game that did this and won't be the last. Just look at the games out there better than this one that are on life support and were on life support less than 1 year after release.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tfangel wrote: »
    Ditto. The pvp DC bug was bigger than this i feel. Also, 14 hours? OMG the sky is falling!!! I'd rather they work on the game than random twittbook posts. Every time i see those it's usually a downtime, crash, or something like that.

It's not that the sky is falling, its that they are notoriously interactive, and this is different from their normal pattern.
  • Options
    sr69sr69 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yah. I mean, just log on, There is no one in there right? LOL

Get real dude, I haven;t seen Zone Chat like this EVER! I have never seen so many players in an MMO before. You have lost your mind. This game is freaking packed with people playing it! Video Gamers & D&D'ers alike!

Hell yes! Just look at the zone chat! Never seen epic spam like this before Chat Spam = Great success. Never seen so many players in an MMO before? In the literal sense, you can only see around 20 or so people max per channel. And in the general sense, you don't even know the actual numbers of players. You're just assuming it has a lot because of the EPIC ZONE CHAT SPAM. Have you been playing Hello Kitty Online these past 10 years?

Most would assume your post is sarcastic but seeing your other posts, I know you're just an idiotic fan of this game.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe I could corner the market selling tinfoil?
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    bingobongojrbingobongojr Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    give them a break... 14 hours without devs posting is not a reason to panic, really :)
  • Options
    mennelonmennelon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    Maybe I could corner the market selling tinfoil?

Time to start grinding Tailoring, seem best suited to hats.
  • Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Judging by cryptics usual MO< half of them have been moved to the next game Cryptic decides to do.
  • Options
    l3uck3tl3uck3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    sr69 wrote: »
    Hell yes! Just look at the zone chat! Never seen epic spam like this before Chat Spam = Great success. Never seen so many players in an MMO before? In the literal sense, you can only see around 20 or so people max per channel. And in the general sense, you don't even know the actual numbers of players. You're just assuming it has a lot because of the EPIC ZONE CHAT SPAM. Have you been playing Hello Kitty Online these past 10 years?

Most would assume your post is sarcastic but seeing your other posts, I know you're just an idiotic fan of this game.

Just because he's a fan of the game doesn't make him idiotic.. Someone who insults another person because he chooses to enjoy something that person doesn't would be more idiotic in my opinion..

Or someone who posts on a forum board for a game he dislikes just to insult someone seems pretty idiotic to me.
    ReignesLegacy_zpsb47e1102.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    give them a break... 14 hours without devs posting is not a reason to panic, really :)

Not panic, I dont really care how they address it, even a full wipe is fine by me. Just think something is in the works.
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

As opposed to you just being an idiot?
  • Options
    stadulatorstadulator Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    PW is probably laying them all off to hire a group from India to maintain the servers
  • Options
    edited May 2013

I'm the idiot? So you are not a fan of the game and you are here...I am a fan of the game and I am here...and I'm the idiot?

Ok then! Glad we got that squared away!

I hate Final Fantasy, never even played the MMO version of it. I'm gonna go create a log in there and tell everyone how much I hate it and how they are all idiots. Cause that makes sense!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Oh and by the way. It is against forum rules to call people names!
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not panic, I dont really care how they address it, even a full wipe is fine by me. Just think something is in the works.

In which case you are either a really nice sweet person or really naive....
  • Options
    horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I haven't been effected by anything in any way shape or form.

Just some ideas to ponder:
    The 1% want the 99% to believe that.
    Ignorance is bliss.

That said, it depends on how you play and what your goal is. If it's to simply play the game for what it presents you, not to get overly competitive with it, if things others could do that could affect you is of no concern to you anyway. Then yes, there is no worry to you.

The issue probably is since we all aren't the same, some do fall into wanting to be competitive, didn't exploit, etc. Well these people have been affected and I reckon it has to bother them. Are they right/wrong? It's all about one's perspective and goals. There has been an assault on the spirit of the game, that isn't in question. How it affects you or others is variable. An individual that doesn't care, can't really be the most important voice in this. It's those that want to compete with the best but cannot due to cheating the system.
  • Options
    horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Oh and by the way. It is against forum rules to call people names!

(This wasn't addressed to me)

Perfect ball over the net to show my point.

You may not be effected or careless of what others did in game. Doesn't bother/affect you.
    But you are affected and care of what someone says on the forums.
    I won't say you are right or wrong. But others then cannot be wrong for feeling slighted by the actions of others in game.
  • Options
    devasaurdevasaur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just really hope they save this game. The only thing that could possibly save it now is a total wipe. The market has crashed due to exploiters etc. It would be for the best, and the true fans would stay. Because they would understand why they chose to wipe it.
    I've spent so much time the past week on my character but i wouldn't mind a wipe. Because i know that it's the only good solution.
  • Options
    ratrailratrail Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Just some ideas to ponder:
    The 1% want the 99% to believe that.
    Ignorance is bliss.

That said, it depends on how you play and what your goal is. If it's to simply play the game for what it presents you, not to get overly competitive with it, if things others could do that could affect you is of no concern to you anyway. Then yes, there is no worry to you.

The issue probably is since we all aren't the same, some do fall into wanting to be competitive, didn't exploit, etc. Well these people have been affected and I reckon it has to bother them. Are they right/wrong? It's all about one's perspective and goals. There has been an assault on the spirit of the game, that isn't in question. How it affects you or others is variable. An individual that doesn't care, can't really be the most important voice in this. It's those that want to compete with the best but cannot due to cheating the system.

I'd love to hear your argument as to how a few people making a lot of AD in the game has affected your ability to be competitive. It's easy to speak in absolute terms without ever diving into specifics.
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Probably thinking of new ways of scamming people into buying zen.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Buy 5000 zen mount now my lord!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ratrail wrote: »
    I'd love to hear your argument as to how a few people making a lot of AD in the game has affected your ability to be competitive. It's easy to speak in absolute terms without ever diving into specifics.

Same thing goes with the billionaire that says "What have I done to affect the poor?". I was working on generalities and not bringing my situation into it. The point is if some were able to take advantage of the system and any other person coming along that want's to be competitive, resources are part of being competitive, they will never be on any where near an even playing field vs those that exploited bugs early on. Again this is or isn't my situation, because I don't want it persoal like that. But the sheer logic I think is sound and EVERYONE has their own opinions on how things like this could affect or not, correctly or incorrectly.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Same thing goes with the billionaire that says "What have I done to affect the poor?". I was working on generalities and not bringing my situation into it. The point is if some were able to take advantage of the system and any other person coming along that want's to be competitive, resources are part of being competitive, they will never be on any where near an even playing field vs those that exploited bugs early on. Again this is or isn't my situation, because I don't want it persoal like that. But the sheer logic I think is sound and EVERYONE has their own opinions on how things like this could affect or not, correctly or incorrectly.

You are certainly entitled to your own opinion, so I wasn't trying to take that way from you.

But, what exactly does it mean to be competitive in this game? Are the exploiters actions going to somehow hinder your attempts to beat all of the PVE dungeons? Is it going to somehow make it more difficult for you to obtain the best gear to PVP, if that's your thing? The answer is no to both, and, in fact, it's easier than ever to obtain gear right now because the prices are lower than they will be in a few weeks. I'm afraid that it's easy to hide weak arguments under the guise of generalities and ambiguity, which is what you are trying to do here.