test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Something big must be going on with the devs

Comments

• wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ratrail wrote: »
    You are certainly entitled to your own opinion, so I wasn't trying to take that way from you.

But, what exactly does it mean to be competitive in this game? Are the exploiters actions going to somehow hinder your attempts to beat all of the PVE dungeons? Is it going to somehow make it more difficult for you to obtain the best gear to PVP, if that's your thing? The answer is no to both, and, in fact, it's easier than ever to obtain gear right now because the prices are lower than they will be in a few weeks. I'm afraid that it's easy to hide weak arguments under the guise of generalities and ambiguity, which is what you are trying to do here.

to be fair, at the moment, all it takes to beat the "hardest" dungeons is making sure you rolled the right class. (TR or CW). because GF and GWF are utterly pointless.
  • pippenzpippenz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    In which case you are either a really nice sweet person or really naive....

I'm going to go ahead and go with the former.

:rolleyes:
  • yamzeyamze Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    Yah. I mean, just log on, There is no one in there right? LOL

Get real dude, I haven;t seen Zone Chat like this EVER! I have never seen so many players in an MMO before. You have lost your mind. This game is freaking packed with people playing it! Video Gamers & D&D'ers alike!

This game is a fail with 200kk player or 20k players.
    You must be new here.
    You can't say "Get real", I'm sure you have been playing games since 3 o 4 years, not too much experience with mmos.
  • glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Pfft please. I was playing Video Games on the Commodore 64 son! I will ,8,1 all over you!

I have played more Video Games than you have looked at naked girls on the internet!

Fail! This sucks! That Sucks! Everything sucks sucks! This is fail, that is fail! Everything I don't like is Fail! Perfect World is Fail! Cryptic is Fail! You Fail! They Fail! Everyone is Fail Fail! This game has no chance! I give this game 3 months! I give this game 6 months! Fail, Fail, Fail, Fail.
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Have ANYONE here played a CrypticWorld Game before?
    14 hrs. without communication is MEANINGLESS.
    Seriously.
    It has no inherent significance of any kind.
    In STO 14 DAYS doesn't mean anything.
    In Champions Online 14 MONTHS is just Par for the Course.
    The only thing you can do is wait.
    Maybe something is in the works.
    Maybe it isn't.
    They will tell you when they are ready.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wingofbenu wrote: »
    to be fair, at the moment, all it takes to beat the "hardest" dungeons is making sure you rolled the right class. (TR or CW). because GF and GWF are utterly pointless.

I'll keep happily playing with my older brother, who enjoys his GF very much.

Amazingly, MMOs are better when you play with friends & family, then when you play with Random Stranger #1million&1.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • xaazxxaazx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'd love to hear your argument as to how a few people making a lot of AD in the game has affected your ability to be competitive. It's easy to speak in absolute terms without ever diving into specifics.

Very simple. Every time something "a little better" or "a little faster" comes along in the cash shop, these exploiters that received millions, if not hundreds of millions of AD can trade it for Zen, essentially getting any and all store items without having to spend a dime. Full bags on every character, full top speed mounts, best companions, etc, etc, etc. This most certainly DOES effect everyone that did not exploit.

Keep in mind, non exploiters cannot even sell their dungeon drops for a decent amount because of how much exploited gear came into the market.

The non exploiters have a couple of options, neither of which look anywhere near as good as the option above.

Spend real money to buy Zen to buy items - Intended by the game (but now doesn't apply to exploiters)
    Grind at the rate of 24k per day to save up and convert to Zen.

I could care less about what they did any more since it's quite obvious that nothing will be done. However, to brush it under the rug and say it doesn't affect everyone who didn't exploit is incorrect.
  • vythicalvythical Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That chat spam I bet is 50% gold spammers lol

It would be funny if they are about to implemented a "wipe" that you can now buy for 1000 zen!
    edited May 2013
    xaazx wrote: »
    The non exploiters have a couple of options, neither of which look anywhere near as good as the option above.

Spend real money to buy Zen to buy items - Intended by the game (but now doesn't apply to exploiters)
    Grind at the rate of 24k per day to save up and convert to Zen.

Or, option #3: get to level 60, party up with RL friends & family, avoid the hassle of putting wierd groups together or dealing with idiots. You can kinda-sorta get the same effect by joining a REAL guild, as opposed to a collection of cliqueies who won't actually let you group with them.

Or, people can complain that they're not allowed to join in any reindeer games.
    Fare you well
    Nothing to tell
  • natejam101natejam101 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I for one am happy that those GF exploited the system...it show just how bad this BOE epic boss gear idea really is. Solve the problem already, make ALL epic boss gear BOP and make it so that only the class it is made for may roll NEED on it.

No more exploiting, problem solved.
    ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro Gen3 mobo, Intel i7 2600k, 32gb DDR3 G-Skill Ripjaws, 500gb SSD, 2TB HDD, Geforce GTX 690 x2 Sli, 1200 watt Thermaltake modular PS, Thermaltake gaming tower.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    natejam101 wrote: »
    I for one am happy that those GF exploited the system...it show just how bad this BOE epic boss gear idea really is. Solve the problem already, make ALL epic boss gear BOP and make it so that only the class it is made for may roll NEED on it.

And this is why a wipe would fix absolutely nothing, we'd be back here in a month without any exploits even if people didn't quit.
  • mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yamze wrote: »
    This game is a fail with 200kk player or 20k players.
    You must be new here.
    You can't say "Get real", I'm sure you have been playing games since 3 o 4 years, not too much experience with mmos.

Hmmm why? What's got that anything to do with what he said?
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    charononus wrote: »
    And this is why a wipe would fix absolutely nothing, we'd be back here in a month without any exploits even if people didn't quit.
    DOH!

No one is asking for a emergency wipe, just a wipe at some point when they have fixed the major issues.

Obviously a wipe wouldn't matter if the same problems existed.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sr69 wrote: »
    Hell yes! Just look at the zone chat! Never seen epic spam like this before Chat Spam = Great success. Never seen so many players in an MMO before? In the literal sense, you can only see around 20 or so people max per channel. And in the general sense, you don't even know the actual numbers of players. You're just assuming it has a lot because of the EPIC ZONE CHAT SPAM. Have you been playing Hello Kitty Online these past 10 years?

Most would assume your post is sarcastic but seeing your other posts, I know you're just an idiotic fan of this game.

I just saw 20 people at the gate that I came in from doing Foundry quests. There were also about 20 people, not that I counted them, at the Profession Vendor when I went to get supplies. So yeah, not sure where you're playing, unless you're actually not.

I have seen lots more people in an MMO before though. I've been in locations where there 1,000 people, mostly from the other faction, mopping the floor with us during a fort siege.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • xaazxxaazx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    flayedawg wrote: »
    Or, option #3: get to level 60, party up with RL friends & family, avoid the hassle of putting wierd groups together or dealing with idiots. You can kinda-sorta get the same effect by joining a REAL guild, as opposed to a collection of cliqueies who won't actually let you group with them.

Or, people can complain that they're not allowed to join in any reindeer games.

So, you ignore everything I wrote about having an unfair advantage via the Zen store, which cost REAL money, just to fanboi troll the rest of my response?

What the hell are you even quoting me for since you responded to nothing I said. I am 60 (twice) with gear, might not be Castle Never gear, but gear that I can get into anything with. I play with a group of friends, I pvp with said friends. So really, you just brushed all the legitimate concerns away so you could respond with some "group with friends" rubbish that says nothing about why these problems are real?

Wow, the intelligence on these forums is amazing.
    edited May 2013
    xaazx wrote: »
    I play with a group of friends, I pvp with said friends.

Then, forgive me for being entirely confused as to your problem.

You have gear, so you don't need to worry about spending ADs on the AH.

You have people to group with, so you don't need to worry about not being allowed into groups to get the pieces of gear you don't have.

Yea. Intelligence, or something, because I couldn't give a flying rat's patootie about the Auction House, the tanking of prices, or the "unfair" advantage. All I care about is getting rid of the bugs that allow the exploits; beyond that is irrelevant to me. So, with all that in mind ... calm down.
    Fare you well
    Nothing to tell
  • ancientwolfgr808ancientwolfgr808 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wingofbenu wrote: »
    Judging by cryptics usual MO< half of them have been moved to the next game Cryptic decides to do.

Well it is Friday- chances are they got their paychecks and maybe some finally saved enough to accept that other job and move to the east coast. Some might even be partying in the bar laughing at who, and why they got a bonus.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to find a reference to AD in my AD&D Manuals.
  • ratrailratrail Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I just saw 20 people at the gate that I came in from doing Foundry quests. There were also about 20 people, not that I counted them, at the Profession Vendor when I went to get supplies. So yeah, not sure where you're playing, unless you're actually not.

I have seen lots more people in an MMO before though. I've been in locations where there 1,000 people, mostly from the other faction, mopping the floor with us during a fort siege.

You do realize that these servers use an instance-based system where there are dozens of instances of Protector's Enclave running simultaneously on each server?
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well it is Friday- chances are they got their paychecks and maybe some finally saved enough to accept that other job and move to the east coast. Some might even be partying in the bar laughing at who, and why they got a bonus.

Today isn't Thursday?
  • robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You do realize that these servers use an instance-based system where there are dozens of instances of Protector's Enclave running simultaneously on each server?

Which means that at any given time that the servers are live, there could be upwards of 2k people on that given map.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Well it is Friday
    Yes it is... TOMORROW, today is thursday still (unless you are in Aus or something like that)
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    DOH!

No one is asking for a emergency wipe, just a wipe at some point when they have fixed the major issues.

Obviously a wipe wouldn't matter if the same problems existed.

Yes but if they fix the issues (bugs exploits ext) you still have boe epics which are a base mechanic decision cryptic made. This base mechanic and the founder ad have a bigger impact than any exploit. So unless you think they're going to change a base mechanic that was put in so that people would buy zen to trade on the zen exchange for ad to buy these things nothing would change with a wipe.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OMG the devs having a break from the forums and from twitter for 14h! 14h! Something must be happening. They may be working on something else instead of reading unending complaints and trolls. :p
  • krewcifykrewcify Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All of you are hilarious.
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Why would you do this to me!!! Its Thursday.. ><
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bellylintbellylint Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    What damage was caused that so greatly hurt everyone? Cause I haven't been effected by anything in any way shape or form.

That's the usual reply from the common exploiter... yeah no one is affected at all by exploits... I presume that's why exploits are usually sealed super fast by mmo companies because... hey.. they don't hurt players at all... uhuh

Kind of like stealing eh? Doesn't hurt anyone eh?
    edited May 2013
    bellylint wrote: »
    That's the usual reply from the common exploiter... yeah no one is affected at all by exploits... I presume that's why exploits are usually sealed super fast by mmo companies because... hey.. they don't hurt players at all... uhuh

That's a very insulting take on it. The exploits don't effect people that aren't power gamers or ah players. That said the exploits only accelerated the damage, the damage is really caused by boe epic gear. No wipe will fix that.
  • mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Exploits usually ruin a game because they give an unfair advantage in PvP/RvR or allow individuals to get a lot of in-game currency causing inflation (high prices in AH). Here you actually have the opposite, so you have to understand that people who play this for the RP or because they just have fun and maybe have a max toon at lvl 30 and a few alts and don't care about PvP, well, this isn't affecting them as much. Without having to be an exploiter.

I am not saying that they don't have to ban the exploiters and fix the flood of cheap epics, just that not everyone is as affected as you
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    natejam101 wrote: »

I see someone has never had to farm up a tiered set.

No thanks. Running a dungeon 20+ times for a chance at getting one piece of gear, only to watch someone roll on it and win.
  • kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I'm not an exploiter and I don't feel like the exploiters have affected me in any way. But then that's because I don't worry about what equipment or how much money other people have. I could just as happily play my characters side by side with a poor, under equipped person as I could playing side by side with a rich, overly equipped person. They don't affect my fun. If the game is fun, I'm having fun playing it.

I do realize though that there are plenty of people that are obsessed with whether or not someone has better equipment or more money than them. Human nature I suppose. For those types of people I can understand why they'd want a wipe. They can't stand the fact that someone has more virtual stuff than them, or that someone got more virtual stuff than them with less virtual work than them.

It's too bad people can't just learn to enjoy a game because it's a game and stop worrying about whether someone else is able to make pixels in the shape of numbers higher than their pixelated numbers.