Options

can we not have a repeat of d3 please?

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    thegodporingthegodporing Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    krazed59 wrote: »
    Except it won't. Sure, T1/2 rares will become cheap. But everything worth buying will go up. Why? Because the people who need it now have 100mil+ AD. They can afford to spend 500k on a Coalescent Ward, but no one else can. The AH will completely cater to the super rich.

Except it won't.

Much like in many countries in the real world the super rich will be made up of about 2% of the game community. It would be stupid to aim an economy at 2% of people rather than 98% of people.
    Furthermore the very rich won't want anything from the auction house - they're already fully epic geared from farming all the dungeons using exploits.
    Catering the economy to the super rich will result in no sales which will result in a drop in price.
    An economy will balance its self out.
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lhyeuze wrote: »
    no wipe = no beta

oh, are they going to wipe PoE?

End of discussion.
  • Options
    lhyeuzelhyeuze Member Posts: 71
    edited May 2013
    oh, are they going to wipe PoE?

End of discussion.

Idc about PoE. no wipe gives a huge advantage to every one who was lvl 60 before the game became Live.

"Open Beta" is just an excuse for bugs, server crash and unbalance of classes and broken templates
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Idc about PoE. no wipe gives a huge advantage to every one who was lvl 60 before the game became Live.

"Open Beta" is just an excuse for bugs, server crash and unbalance of classes and broken templates

Are they going to wipe Dota II ?

End of discussion.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Are they going to wipe Dota II ?

End of discussion.

Troll spotted
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    yamze wrote: »
    Open beta open beta open beta open beta open beta open beta open beta open beta open beta open beta open beta open beta open beta open beta open beta open beta open beta open beta open beta open beta open beta open beta open beta open beta open beta open beta open beta open beta open beta open beta open beta open beta open beta open beta open beta open beta open beta

whinerssssssssss
    When there's real money involved it matters no matter if they call it beta or not.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Troll spotted

right, lose argument, result to calling others 'trolls'.

Are you sure you weren't looking in a mirror?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    right, lose argument, result to calling others 'trolls'.

Are you sure you weren't looking in a mirror?

was just looking at you
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ironically, this game is D3 for me. Its exactly what I was expecting from diablo.... action based combat vs hordes of mobs, 3d style, online. A handful of skills to spam. A watered down, simplistic character skill tree and build. Sockets and gems and runes. The only thing missing is the randomized high quality loot items.
  • Options
    robman1978robman1978 Member Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Except it won't.

Much like in many countries in the real world the super rich will be made up of about 2% of the game community. It would be stupid to aim an economy at 2% of people rather than 98% of people.
    Furthermore the very rich won't want anything from the auction house - they're already fully epic geared from farming all the dungeons using exploits.
    Catering the economy to the super rich will result in no sales which will result in a drop in price.
    An economy will balance its self out.

Yeah it will, in time. But who wants to wait when there are so many other free MMO's out there that aren't completely screwed up?
  • Options
    elkstromelkstrom Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic! Welcome to the family!

With Cryptic/PWE, failure isn't an option. It's a way of life.
    A lot of you here havent learned your lesson playing Cryptic games....on Champions Online, an Infinite Money exploit destroyed that games economy, 3 years after and the economy is still monopolized and broken. After tens of thousands of complaints did they fix it? Did they ###k, they ignored the community and ran away from the game like cowards.

Some of you here who came from Champions Online.....didnt you learn your lesson the first time? They cant do math, they never listen (no matter how many people on test server reported and screamed that a game-destroying bug is about to go live...they ignore it and put it live anyway), they dont fix game breaking bugs (theres God-Mode exploits still on CO even now)

Seriously...theyre useless...what even made you think for a second that they have changed.

Give it some time, and after Cryptic have taken your money, they will abandon this game too.

I agree. As someone who has been in CO since 2011, I didn't even bother to download this game just coz I knew the company would just let its customers down again as it has done in the past.

I really wish the owners of the IP step it up and force the people running the game to make some immediate changes and improvements so that the game doesn't die. Just because mine is in a state of life support *sniffles* doesn't mean I want others to suffer. Seeing as I don't play the game ama just shut up now. Best of luck fellow gamers!

Assumption is the mother of all mistakes!!!
  • Options
    mchaywiremchaywire Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just an observation from another game (EvE Online) that suffered, what was believed to be at the time, a disastrous exploit which hit every aspect of the economy very hard. An Alliance found a rather simple exploit in moon mining and over a period of time they netted a fortune in virtual currency, a lot of which was sold for $. EvE's economy is fine years later and the game is still thriving, mostly down to CCP's harsh punishments for exploiting and RMTing.
    I see this as a relatively minor problem which, if handled correctly should be easily fixed. Transaction logs are a devs best friend in these circumstances and judging by their actions to date they seem determined to fix these issues as quickly as possible.
    If you want to see an example of poor development take a look at WarZ. A game with lots of potential was pissed down the drain by greedy incompetent devs. I don't believe this game will suffer the same fate and neither does it deserve to.
  • Options
    millacanomillacano Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol i stoppped playing after the 7 hour rollback.

the game has lost it, people are still stupid enough to pay money in the zen store for overpriced things instead of getting them to lower the prices..

what we really need the devs won't do .. which is a full wipe to sort the economy out and the exploiters...

now i just do the crafting and i log in once a day to pray which has got to be the worst thing ever as i have to log in 270 days, everyday.. just to get something nice..
    "I don't care What Spock said Han shot first"
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kaydiechi wrote: »
    i know we wont get any character wipes, but can we please get some action taken agianst the exploiters, and some kind of rollback?

i mean look at this, this guy i know, using a damage exploit and a boss bug managed to do this in under an hour LW94B9j.png
    he has spent the last 3 days doing stuff like this nonstop, destroying the economy and amassing riches on a mule character to "hide" his illicit actions.

he's amassed over 200 million ad.... and with no rollback once the zen prices tank he's just going to cashout and sell zen, making hundreds, maybe thousands of dollars.

Good job PWE..

(200 million ad @ 200/zen is 1m zen, thats 10,000$ worth of zen, even at 400 ad per zen which is way more than it goes for now is 5,000$ worth of zen)

Umm I'm confused.... there is a mechanism in which you can convert Zen back into real world money?
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Umm I'm confused.... there is a mechanism in which you can convert Zen back into real world money?

Um, you know those messages you get in your inbox that promise you vast in-game AD riches for real money? Well those companies actually have to get those AD first and here is someone who can provide them. I'll let you figure the rest out......
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Um, you know those messages you get in your inbox that promise you vast in-game AD riches for real money? Well those companies actually have to get those AD first and here is someone who can provide them. I'll let you figure the rest out......

So basically the same problem, exactly, that plagues WoW to this day.

Now all these bots and exploits make more sense.
  • Options
    poac1poac1 Member Posts: 88
    edited May 2013
    They won't ever ban these people, I stated and reported exactly how this is done over 3 weeks ago well before the AH create AD exploit. Everyone said the same thing you all say which is 'amagad ban da exploiters' when in reality there is no way to actually TRACK people that use legitimate mechanics to take advantage of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> POOR DESIGN!

There are hundreds of people that have the exact same inventory on tens of alts, they won't rollback or wipe, AD will stay useless and inflated, Zen exchange rates will stay in the dumpster.

As we can't post 'current' exploits, suffice it to say not all knockbacks work as described.
  • Options
    poac1poac1 Member Posts: 88
    edited May 2013

Yes, it's called third party farming companies. They basically buy Zen at a drastically reduced real life cash value, transfer Zen to AD on the exchange & sell AD as a currency to players who visit their sites.
  • Options
    advocadvoc Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I suggest that anyone who thinks this is going to make anything cost *more* astral diamonds google the word "deflation".

You and the other guys posting on this side of the arguement are right, but only in parts of the over-all arguement that actually proves the latter.

There are multiple interconnected relationships in the whole thing, that actually tilts away from deflation as people have stated already.

Yes, less AD means the price of buy Zen goes down. But for that to matter, it has to have a bottom as the supply of Zen will not stay the same as the price bottoms out. Making use of actual examples, the people who would spend a zen for 400 AD to quickstart some things might not be interested in doing so when price bottoms out to 100 AD. In fact, at that point, the savvy ones will likely use their zen on extra character slots, unlocking professions/getting green/blue/purple leadership guys, and earning alot more AD per zen while gaining tangible benefits as well. So zen supply drops to just the most impatient.

Now normally you're thinking that would just bring AD price up to find a new equilibrium. But as the other people quoting inflation have pointed out; how? They can't sell gear for a decent amount of AD anymore, the glut of items has screwed that. And while they could possibly abuse the same mechanic, that is assuming it won't be fixed. And when fixed, all who didn't use it and any future F2P is straight ****ed.

So now they are down to the rough diamond refinement with a bit from Invoke as their income. Which they will need themselves for the services that have a set AD price, which means they will have a high value attached to them which won't be reflected in the trade rates to zen anymore. And since the Zen buyers are now capable of producing much more AD with the many different benefits that they enjoy spending it on slots/professions, the ADs will have less value, and not match up with what the AD seller want. And that is if they even care enough to sell the zen, which without that need means people won't be buying it aside from what they themself need.

And there you go, the disparity between what each side would be willing to accept means even with the higher worth of the AD, they actually will get less zen. Because it won't be worth selling the zen anymore. And the people who buy zen will be able to churn out AD at a rate far beyond what a F2P could. So essentially the economy dies and it becomes a P2W game.

For me, I spent the 200 for beta access only to decide when to offload my PWRD stocks. So I basically got paid to get the pack, and was given free <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in game as well. So doesn't matter one way or another to me, which is why I didn't even start playing until this weekend even with the headstart stuff. But even I can tell a wipe is the best thing over-all for the F2P players. And since the F2Ps are needed to keep zen flowing and charging, it's worth the few who'd leave for a few weeks wipe, when PWE generally plans on monetizing a couple years worth from a game.