test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

can we not have a repeat of d3 please?

Comments

• Options
    kaydiechikaydiechi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    jim1771 wrote: »
    You going to refund the money players bought zen with? I didnt think so. So a wipe is out of the question.

he's right though, nothing can fix this issue, the only thing now that can be done is damage control.

FLOOD THE ECONOMY WITH MORE AD GOGO

jokes aside, damage control needs to be done.
  • Options
    fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You going to refund the money players bought zen with? I didnt think so. So a wipe is out of the question.

They could refund the ZEN and let the players respend it.
  • Options
    kaydiechikaydiechi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    atlantix1 wrote: »
    if everybody makes less AD that means nobody is making MORE AD than others.. right?

my eyes burn.

ill try to explain it again

Guy x amassed 200m, causing the economy to collapse in prices

the things he sold for 500k a peice are now 15k each.

he waits a week or two for economy to stabilize.

everyone now has 1m or so and is selling and buying items at that price

this guy still has 200m, time to go buy a small town.

ext:

guy x has 200m, same scenario as before

BIS gear was like 600k a peice, sold for maybe 2$ worth of zen.

BIS gear is now 100k a peice, sells for maybe 2$ worth of zen.

guy x buys lots of bis gear and sells it privately for actual money.

guy x still can buy a small town after liquidating hundreds of dollars in AD.

the variations on this kind of scenario are endless

GUY X IS LOADED AND I JELLY - no seriously though, this kind of thing is whats happening right now and it hurts all of us, especially the new players coming into the game and the legit players.
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Why would that be needed?

They can just add the Zen back to the account, it's not hard.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    atlantix1atlantix1 Member Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    paragon33 wrote: »
    ...Yeah what your missing is that it lends to the speeding up of consumed content and activities that were meant to take time.
    Has nothing to do with cheap or not directly... Each freebie up allowed it to be easier for the next behind. The flooding is not just from mere exploiting but now the fact that non exploiters have access to exploited gear which they then use to push content; burning it up and then dumping even more of the gear into market... The game itself is being depreciated; gear and content wise. Of coarse not all due to exploiters; a good bit is the teams fault. (allowing bugs and exploits to continue, allowing the exploiters to spread because they see nothing is being punished so where it the risk.) So my point is sure great its all becoming affordable... Why don't they just make us a trainer then where we start out with all the money, gear and items we want. Because thats how bad its gotten... The damage is done, as of right now everyone now has access to all end game gear.
    It hasn't even been 1/2 a month since the gates opened. Its turning into a disaster...

This is not my personal opinion; its god **** common sense... And anyone who was hoping to have a lengthy and potentially decent game is being destroyed by this neglect from the team...

as i said to the other guy..
    my dear friend rollback would affect worse.. maybe you casuals want rollback since you guys earn so little in long time.. but there are legit full-time gamers spending over 15hrs of gametime everyday.. this type of gamers earn much in the same time when casuals earn less.. now because of couple exploiters if we loose couple days that means i am back to square zero.. since couple days ago i had a naked character.. now i have full t2 character..
    why do i have to be affected by rollback?
    best solution is locating and banning exploiters..
  • Options
    markkkkmarkkkk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do U hear THAT ADMINISTRATORS , the game will die if no one do somthing for this !!!!
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm scared, someone hold me.

Is.. is ESO/Wildstar here yet?

Please... so cold.... so weak....................... Xp
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kaydiechi wrote: »
    my eyes burn.

ill try to explain it again

Guy x amassed 200m, causing the economy to collapse in prices

the things he sold for 500k a peice are now 15k each.

he waits a week or two for economy to stabilize.

everyone now has 1m or so and is selling and buying items at that price

this guy still has 200m, time to go buy a small town.

ext:

guy x has 200m, same scenario as before

BIS gear was like 600k a peice, sold for maybe 2$ worth of zen.

BIS gear is now 100k a peice, sells for maybe 2$ worth of zen.

guy x buys lots of bis gear and sells it privately for actual money.

guy x still can buy a small town after liquidating hundreds of dollars in AD.

How do you know somebody has 200m?
    if there is any gamer who has 200m AD thru exploits, why are you so sure he will still be in the game after couple weeks?
    you have no trust in GMs?
    you think they can't find and ban certain exploiters?

not to mention even if a guy has 200M it doesn't affect anything.. you can still get every item that guy can buy thru legitimate ways if you are skilled player.. not everybody buys his gear my friend
  • Options
    inc0gnegr0inc0gnegr0 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if there is any gamer who has 200m AD thru exploits, why are you so sure he will still be in the game after couple weeks?

not to mention even if a guy has 200M it doesn't affect anything.. you can still get every item that guy can buy thru legitimate ways if you are skilled player.. not everybody buys his gear my friend

This adds nothing to the current topic, but just wanted to say you are an idiot. Thanks.
  • Options
    eight1foureight1four Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please tell me you are trolling. I really hope, for your sake, that you are not serious.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    as i said to the other guy..
    my dear friend rollback would affect worse.. maybe you casuals want rollback since you guys earn so little in long time.. but there are legit full-time gamers spending over 15hrs of gametime everyday.. this type of gamers earn much in the same time when casuals earn less.. now because of couple exploiters if we loose couple days that means i am back to square zero.. since couple days ago i had a naked character.. now i have full t2 character..
    why do i have to be affected by rollback?
    best solution is locating and banning exploiters..

i've lost my faith in humanity after reading those two posts, i give up, good night guys, hope a dev reads this thread.

and for the record i know because he showed me. and also you probably shouldn't advertise yourself as a "full time gamer" that's just kind of funny lol, i also never advocated a wipe, but some kind of rollback, maybe AD or something might help.
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Please stop posting you are embarrassing yourself.
  • Options
    eyepatchdudeeyepatchdude Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you have absolutely zero understanding of the way economics works then.

ill try to dumb it down as best i can.

there is a hard cap of 20 thousand astral diamonds per character being generated a day, all other income is netted through means of player exchange, the vast majority of all AD running around currently is regurgitated founders money. the exploiters who are amassing these obscene numbers of money are taking this AD out of play because they'll be selling it, if they don't convert it to zen (escpecially because zen isn't tradable).

maybe some will come back into play via the sales, but regardless, this amassing on a large scale will cause all other actual AD prices to drop, and relative prices to zen to rise, causing zen to become increasingly more difficult to buy, and causing astral diamonds tobecome lower and lower in value, until a point where you will not even be able to afford simple things such as a respec with out paying real cash.

with out injecting more ad into the economy, or redistributing the ad on the banned accounts, the economy will eventually dwindle away.

this combined with the out of play AD on accounts that quit or have since became inactive will just make this game stagnate to a painful level. come back in two months and you'll know what i mean. (hell if you're observant you've had already noticed this trend, its not natural, what has happened in the last week to the ad prices should have had happened over a month period, or longer, but instead it happend far too fast..)

so yes this affects EVERYONE. i don't need your shortsighted bull**** telling me to stop playing because im mad at other people getting things that dont affect me. this DOES affect me, and it affects YOU.

legit players suffer from this more than any one else.

Actually, you have that completely backward.

If volumes of AD leave the economy, it makes the rest of it MORE valuable, not less.. That's why 1z no longer buys 500 ad, now only about 375..

To reverse that Before you needed 500000AD to buy the 1000z for a greater bag of holding.. Now, due to the ad that has been consumed, gone inactive, etc.. You only need 383000AD. That means that your AD buys more.

Why do you think prices on the AH are going down? Not that the loots are less valuable, but that the AD is more valuable in proportion to the loot..
    Actually, selling raw AD could still yield great profits (16/1m)

but even more scary is his ability to amass that zen and put it into an STO account, easily destabilizing that already volatile economy, you could easily convert zen into dilithium (or credits? dont remember which) and sell those, destabilizing both games.

you may think 200m AD is not enough to do that much damage, but let me tell you, that's 100 of the maybe 2 to 3 thousand people who bought founder packs. im sure others have done the same thing.

Also, Completely wrong.. Once zen is transferred in to NW, it can't be transferred out to CO/ST:O.

These guys ARE exploiters.. but that pile of AD will either CONTINUE to circulate in Neverwinter (Where it started to begin with) , or sit in a banned account. Neither one really affects the economy negatively..
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    i've lost my faith in humanity after reading those two posts, i give up, good night guys, hope a dev reads this thread.

and for the record i know because he showed me. and also you probably shouldn't advertise yourself as a "full time gamer" that's just kind of funny lol

show us the screenshot mate.. let us also see that 200m AD.. if you know somebody exploited and made 200M ad why are you crying for rollback instead of reporting him to Customer Service?
    Besides that i dont think full time gamer sounds funny.. i have money, no job, no school, no responsibility, a pc and multiplayer games, why would i call myself anything more than a fulltime gamer where thats who i am..
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Actually, you have that completely backward.

If volumes of AD leave the economy, it makes the rest of it MORE valuable, not less.. That's why 1z no longer buys 500 ad, now only about 375..

To reverse that Before you needed 500000AD to buy the 1000z for a greater bag of holding.. Now, due to the ad that has been consumed, gone inactive, etc.. You only need 383000AD. That means that your AD buys more.

Why do you think prices on the AH are going down? Not that the loots are less valuable, but that the AD is more valuable in proportion to the loot..

rest of it more valuable to whats left? yes

rest of it more valuable to whats in total? no.

out of play doesn't stay out of play.

read a few posts back and youll see what i mean

the only benefit here is as imivo aptly stated, value of rough AD and the cap will go up which is a good thing for the games longevity, but the trade off is not good enough imo, however that's subjective.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    show us the screenshot mate.. let us also see that 200m AD.. if you know somebody exploited and made 200M ad why are you crying for rollback instead of reporting him to Customer Service?
    Besides that i dont think full time gamer sounds funny.. i have money, no job, no school, no responsibility, a pc and multiplayer games, why would i call myself anything more than a fulltime gamer where thats who i am..

dont have a ss, and you don't think i already have? also
    no job, no school, no responsibility,

cute, im way too judgemental though so ill just stop posting, inb4 trollbait
  • Options
    taxicab428taxicab428 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013

logged in to say you're completely <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and completely missing the point. Perhaps there's a reason you have no job/school/responsibility in your life.

If I get forum banned for this post, I'll be ok with that.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    Please stop posting you are embarrassing yourself.

Enlighten me sir, how am i embarrassing myself?
    I'm against the rollback suggestion...
    Rollback might remove the effects of exploits but it will also remove the gains of legit players..
    As paying customer why i have to be effected by rollback? that was my point and it stands..
    best possible way is to ban exploiters.. how hard that can be..
  • Options
    zarkheszarkhes Member Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    Why they should ban him...or fix this?

People like him are messing with an economy, yes...but towards PWE.Look, if there are more guys like him, there will be more AD flowing in a system.That means the prices will go higher, that means exchange for ZEN will be more expensive.That means MORE grinding for people who refuse to buy imaginary things in unfinished game, until they gave up and spend some bucks in a shop so they companions or mount would be actual worthile...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    taxicab428 wrote: »
    logged in to say you're completely <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and completely missing the point. Perhaps there's a reason you have no job/school/responsibility in your life.

If I get forum banned for this post, I'll be ok with that.

i'm not missing the point mate..
    i do know there are bugs and glitches and certain players exploited..
    just because they exploited doesn't requires full scale rollback..
    exploiters has to be identified and banned.. thats my point mate..
    and stop calling people R word.. not to mention my post might be public but it was written for certain player, not you..
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Rollback might remove the effects of exploits but it will also remove the gains of legit players..
    As paying customer why i have to be effected by rollback? that was my point and it stands..

1) From what I've read, they reimburse your spent zen on rollback, so that softens the blow.

2) Yes, we should ban the exploiters (or do a full rollback), so they can make another free account, and start the process over again. Sounds good.

The Best (albeit hardest to bear) solution would be to find a fix for the exploits (so they can't be done in the future) and then roll back. Yes a lot of people would be upset for their progress being wiped, but the number of people who leave because of that will pale in comparison to those who leave because their game economy is destroyed by exploiters

Edit 1:
    atlantix1 wrote:
    i'm not missing the point mate..

You fail to realize how exploiters' actions destroy the economy and the game. You also fail to realize how that's a bad thing and needs to be fixed with more than just banning people.

So yes, you do miss the point. And you miss it completely

Edit 2:
    atlantix1 wrote:
    stop calling people R word

Are you kidding me? This isn't the time for the full rant, so I'll give you the quick one:

"<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" literally (actual literally, not colloquial literally) means "slowed", as in "Your brain function is slowed because you're stupid"

It has absolutely nothing to do with genetic disorder.

Those who use it in that sense are ignorant <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> who deserve derision, but not everyone (see: people who actually know what the word means) uses it in that manner

Context.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Enlighten me sir, how am i embarrassing myself?
    I'm against the rollback suggestion...
    You are embarrassing yourself by constantly arguing against logic not by being against rollbacks.

You don't seem to be able to grasp the big picture, banning the exploiters won't fix the game economy it is completely destroyed.

Most of us are not happy that we would gave to reroll either but it is needed to fix the game, if doesn't happen I'm pretty sure the game will die soon.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    You are embarrassing yourself by constantly arguing against logic not by being against rollbacks.

You don't seem to be able to grasp the big picture, banning the exploiters won't fix the game economy it is completely destroyed.

Most of us are not happy that we would gave to reroll either but it is needed to fix the game, if doesn't happen I'm pretty sure the game will die soon.

just because i think differently about a subject doesn't mean i have to be insulted. this is discussion board, everybody has their own opinions.. i told mine and i got flamed..
    My opinion has not changed.. in my 15 yrs of online gaming i witnessed many exploits and situations.. most of the time there was no rollback.. rollback only needed when vast majority of players gain unfair advantage over the few..
    In our case i do not think majority made millions of AD...
    Devs should find and ban the exploiters.. i believe if there are no exploiters left, the game economy will fix itself in-time..
  • Options
    paragon33paragon33 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ...nothing short of a Full Roll Back would save it right now.
    Rollback, refund the Zen. (which goes right back into the market). And gift people free Zen.. Not Ad.
    Slap BoP on all the gear.
    They have done nothing but encourage pvp and pve exploiting. And yet to give players a reliable Qing system with fail safe from Afks and ditchers. Players are sitting there with exploiters in a group and can do nothing to prevent it.

Im sorry but patching 2 dungeon exploits lol... when there are a dozen more? And still nothing done to those who now blatantly request Afk parties in zone chat...

Screw the insta 60s... Fine you let them off the hook; encouraging even more exploiting. But this... This is w t f.
    Pvp and T1 wont even sell there is so much of it in last few days. Its saturated and now inc the T2... Sure im glad you can afford your gear that you have hard time getting. But there wont be a game left in a month because of this for any of us :/
  • Options
    czeslawczadczeslawczad Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    you have absolutely zero understanding of the way economics works then.

You don't either.
    ill try to dumb it down as best i can.

Oh please try.
    there is a hard cap of 20 thousand astral diamonds per character being generated a day, all other income is netted through means of player exchange, the vast majority of all AD running around currently is regurgitated founders money. the exploiters who are amassing these obscene numbers of money are taking this AD out of play because they'll be selling it, if they don't convert it to zen (escpecially because zen isn't tradable).

maybe some will come back into play via the sales, but regardless, this amassing on a large scale will cause all other actual AD prices to drop, and relative prices to zen to rise, causing zen to become increasingly more difficult to buy, and causing astral diamonds tobecome lower and lower in value, until a point where you will not even be able to afford simple things such as a respec with out paying real cash.

This is the most interesting part. You assume, that taking money out of the economy actually causes inflation. No, sir, inflation is caused by an increase of supply, not it's decrease. It will cause the price of AD to rise, lowering the cost of every in-game exploitable item due to an increased supply of it. Simply saying: every purple item is going to be worth s..t, because exploiters will be selling thousands of them and will hoard the AD not allowing it to circulate into the economy. On my server you can buy purple gear for 2000AD now and the prices are dropping rapidly.
    with out injecting more ad into the economy, or redistributing the ad on the banned accounts, the economy will eventually dwindle away.

No, it won't. It's been proven, that hoarding will not destroy any economic system, which is big enough to make sure absolute cornering is impossible. It will make everyone richer with one, sole exception - ZEN. The prices of ZEN will rise, because exploiters will invest in ZEN buying it out, greatly increasing the demand. So ZEN-wise everyone will become poorer and poorer... except for prople, who buy ZEN for cash. In-game wise everyone will become richer.
    this combined with the out of play AD on accounts that quit or have since became inactive will just make this game stagnate to a painful level. come back in two months and you'll know what i mean. (hell if you're observant you've had already noticed this trend, its not natural, what has happened in the last week to the ad prices should have had happened over a month period, or longer, but instead it happend far too fast..)

It will cause the PvE content to stagnate and become too easy, because everyone will be able to buy entire lvl 60 PvE sets before they hit level 20.
    so yes this affects EVERYONE. i don't need your shortsighted bull**** telling me to stop playing because im mad at other people getting things that dont affect me. this DOES affect me, and it affects YOU.

With this I agree. Fully.

Regards,
    Kalantris
  • Options
    rojorrojor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So when is the wipe going to be ?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    paragon33 wrote: »
    ...nothing short of a Full Roll Back would save it right now.
    Rollback, refund the Zen. (which goes right back into the market). And gift people free Zen.. Not Ad.
    Slap BoP on all the gear.

This. This is the best (and only) fix to keep any sense of longevity for the game
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    just because i think differently about a subject doesn't mean i have to be insulted. this is discussion board, everybody has their own opinions.. i told mine and i got flamed..

Welcome to the internet. I'm starting to doubt your "15 yrs of online gaming" anecdotal evidence even more than before
  • Options
    paragon33paragon33 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I get that a couple guys don't want this to happen... I completely understand and sympathize.. I sure the hell don't want to start over. But this is impossible to fix without doing such.
    I know they are in release and they have always used OB loosely in PW. But it is labeled beta still... They need to shut down immediately and fix these obvious things. (not just the exploits) refund everyone's Zen and open up in a week (or less).
    This is about the longevity of the game; this is a insta killer of mmos. And a lot of you are clinging more on not wanting to let go of your edge I bet then being concerned with starting over.

The horse died way *** back there... Its all just dragging in the mud now.
    These guys are not saying a **** thing to us...
  • Options
    chaosbringer15chaosbringer15 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can buy entire cheap t3 sets without doing any works? Cool.