Install Arc
Options

My Cleric Build.

Comments

• Options
    sirxluissirxluis Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mewbrey wrote: »
    They do stack yes, you can see on the tooltip the little (3) on it when it has 3 stacks. but they trigger interdependently, so it will still be 2.5% every time the individual one finishes it count down of 6 seconds.

So it will look like 500, 500, 500 rather than 1500 on a target with 20000 health.

If bastion of health heals for 3400 and then you heal an extra 500 you are gaining around 14.7% increased healing on that skill, fairly large increase!

If Sun burst heals for 1700 and you then heal an extra 500 you are gaining around 29.4% increased healing and with its short cool down, its a rather large increase!

right but i wouldnt know i just started xD hoping you are good at this. btw in your powers you missed an h on health its not red
  • Options
    xaritharxarithar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    great guide!

i wondered if u ever looked into forgemaster's flame heal.
    with divinity it heals like crazy. got 500 ticks every sec for 5sec~ i think. heal crits over 1000. i swapped it with bastion of health.
    im lvl 50 so never tested on high lvl ~
  • Options
    nakkychannakkychan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I see you've spent 23 heroic points, at 60 I only have 20 to spent... This is my first 60 and I've only been playing for 3 days or so. Am I missing something obvious, or what?
    http://i.imgur.com/k92sTuW.jpg <-- Image of my Feat points.
  • Options
    shandareneeshandarenee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The link to Craigmire is actually a link to Tower.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nakkychan wrote: »
    I see you've spent 23 heroic points, at 60 I only have 20 to spent... This is my first 60 and I've only been playing for 3 days or so. Am I missing something obvious, or what?
    http://i.imgur.com/k92sTuW.jpg <-- Image of my Feat points.

shes human so she gets extra 3 feat pts
  • Options
    nakkychannakkychan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sirxluis wrote: »
    shes human so she gets extra 3 feat pts
    Aha! Thanks. <3
  • Options
    weewang1weewang1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    can i know how you get 4 bar of devine power ? mine only 3 bar
  • Options
    mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    weewang1 wrote: »
    can i know how you get 4 bar of devine power ? mine only 3 bar

The final point in the faithful feat tree allows for +1 extra pip. :)
    ~*~ Foundry missions: Stronghold Branax : Goblin menace : Forwyn crypts ~*~
  • Options
    paulyoopaulyoo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope i didn't miss this being asked in some other post but if you were a different race besides human, where would you drop the 3 points? i was thinking of dropping 2 % crit and getting more crit enchants instead but im not sure whether thats the way to go. Thoughts?
  • Options
    mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    paulyoo wrote: »
    I hope i didn't miss this being asked in some other post but if you were a different race besides human, where would you drop the 3 points? i was thinking of dropping 2 % crit and getting more crit enchants instead but im not sure whether thats the way to go. Thoughts?

If I was not a human I would have removed the 2% threat and two points from Cleanse. The threat will not be to noticeable you may notice that cleanse is not happening as often, but as long as you apply astral seal on 2-3 targets each pull it will not be an issue.

I would not remove critical as later on the gear you will be aiming for will need the 3% from these feats.

Should look something like this:

5/5 Healing Action
    3/3 Greater Fortune

5/5 Domain Synergy
    3/3 Weapon Mastery

3/3 Re-purpose Soul

1/3 Cleanse

I hope this helps! :)
  • Options
    paulyoopaulyoo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mewbrey wrote: »
    If I was not a human I would have removed the 2% threat and two points from Cleanse. The threat will not be to noticeable you may notice that cleanse is not happening as often, but as long as you apply astral seal on 2-3 targets each pull it will not be an issue.

I would not remove critical as later on the gear you will be aiming for will need the 3% from these feats.

Should look something like this:

5/5 Healing Action
    3/3 Greater Fortune

5/5 Domain Synergy
    3/3 Weapon Mastery

3/3 Re-purpose Soul

1/3 Cleanse

I hope this helps! :)

Most definitely does. Thanks for the input! :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    if i would replace divine armor for another daily wich one would be better? guardian, flame strike or hammer?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sirxluis wrote: »
    if i would replace divine armor for another daily wich one would be better? guardian, flame strike or hammer?

In general you would find Flame strike more useful. But the group does gain a rather large increase to damage when you use hallowed ground, in almost all situations when in a party hallowed ground is the right choice.
  • Options
    hatroshatros Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It would be possible to see the rest of the points that you put in the tree of power?
    Thx
  • Options
    psychickittypsychickitty Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what does sacred flame actually do?

I have this power and it doesn't seam to do much....I have been on teams and next to this attack and have yet to see it actualy buff anything...it doesn't heal.....as there is no green numbers....so not sure what the buff radius +5% actually does.

it says its supposed to give temporary hit points....but I don't see that at all.....not sure what the purpose of temporary hit points would be......I guess they want people to die as soon as they vanish or something.

But anywise I too have been trying to use sacred flame....looks real neat....but not really seeing that it does much....
    I also noticed its damage is less then the lance and sacred seal powers.

So since you have it on your build.....um have you seen sacred flame actually do anything for a buff?

I was hoping it would be a nice team heal power of some kind but its not working out too well.

So far sacred seal is working the best....and it literally lets people heal them selves......which is ironic being a cleric....I have all these heal powers...yet get last place on healing because my leech effect isn't a heal....but instead enables other players to heal themselves.

so just wondering.

Power without Perception is Spiritually useless and therefore of no true value.

=^_^=

• Options
    prunetracyprunetracy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Think of sacred flame as damage reduction. Temporary hitpoints are like a shield. If a player has 100 temp HP, the next mob that hits them has to eat through that 100hp first. So a 200hp hit is reduced to 100hp.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    prunetracy wrote: »
    Think of sacred flame as damage reduction. Temporary hitpoints are like a shield. If a player has 100 temp HP, the next mob that hits them has to eat through that 100hp first. So a 200hp hit is reduced to 100hp.

This is correct, if your target has 20000 max health and are within the radius of sacred flame they would gain a small amount of temporary health right now the numbers are unsure but lets just say 250 for testing purpose. If the target was within range while having 20000(0) health they would have 20000(250)=20250 Now they are hit by a monster for 2000 damage the (250) would be removed first and then the remaining 1750 damage would be taken from their actual health bar resulting in 18500(0) remaining health.

Numbers in the brackets are the temporary health points gained via sacred flame.

The speed of sacred flame is fairly good and the extra damage reduction it offers is actually pretty good in general, but make sure you get your Astral shield planed on the targets you wish to apply it too before throwing out sacred flame attacks.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Finally got around to adding a picture of the powers, sorry for the delay I hope my paint skills are not too offensive to your eyes!
  • Options
    stratoscotlandstratoscotland Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You put 5 points into healing action in the first tier of feats. However, the tooltip of the feat only shows 3 possible ranks. Have you confirmed that there are actually 5 ranks of it and the tooltip is bugged? I've honestly been terrified to put more than 3 in!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You put 5 points into healing action in the first tier of feats. However, the tooltip of the feat only shows 3 possible ranks. Have you confirmed that there are actually 5 ranks of it and the tooltip is bugged? I've honestly been terrified to put more than 3 in!

I cannot be 100% sure, but I believe it is a tooltip bug, and I think it gives a total of 15% increase at 5/5.
  • Options
    sgtwinningsgtwinning Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can i have a explaniation why you dont use Healing Word
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sgtwinning wrote: »
    Can i have a explaniation why you dont use Healing Word

I prefer bastion of health for the spike heal, I find the relatively low hps on healing word a little disappointing and the broken cool-down being constantly stuck at 15s leaves much to be desired. Healing 6000~ over 10 seconds with a 15 second cool down after the first 3 uses.

I feel that having a semi-spike heal healing for 3400+500(avg.) in one hit every 18.5s while low hps as well it feels more viable as we already have trickles of heals coming in via astral seal, shield and hallowed ground. Also divine bastion of health in conjunction with linked spirit works fairly well.

(keep in mind linked spirit only works while in divine mode even though it does not mention that in the tooltip!)

In all honesty its more to do with play style than much else between these two skills for me, the other option is forgemaster's but again I feel that at times you cannot get the skill where it is needed like bastion of health, I feel more in control with it. Another option would be Break the spirit for a flat 30% damage reduction but it is single target but can be good on hard hitting bosses.

One thing I do like with healing word is the 1s cast time compared to bastion of healths 2s cast time, can make a real difference some times in fights when you need to kite for extended periods of time.

Sorry for the long winded answerer but I hope that helped understand my thought on it! hehe.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I totally agree but my opinion on healing word is: Even with the 15second cooldown it only has like a 4second cooldown when you use it with divinity making it possible to heal like every 4 seconds aslong as you got the pips, and it does not even drain your stacks on the normal Healing Word cast
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Now that i think about it, i dont know why im arguing lol, i was thinking of this as a PvP matter and completely forgot this was a dungeon build. I agree with your whole build for PvE. (Healing Word sucks in Dungeons)
  • Options
    quantumfuzionquantumfuzion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the guide :D Has given me some ideas on how I want to shape my cleric. Cookies for you xD
  • Options
    darothmendarothmen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do you think enduring relief is better since most of the time when your party members have temporary life they are fully healed?
  • Options
    gilrethgilreth Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Using this build while levelling and finding it works pretty well for me. I haven't done any dungeons as yet - but that is due to not enjoying pugs (bad experiences elsewhere).
  • Options
    eshlaeshla Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pnellesen wrote: »
    Is it possible to "nerf" clerics in this game any more than they already are? I'm used to playing D&D Clerics that swing big, nasty greataxes and wear Heavy Plate armor while casting insta-kill spells and doing Crowd Control, all while keeping the party healed at the same time. From what I'm seeing, that's not going to be possible in this game. They do seem to have their offensive capabilities, but they're severely limited.

give it time I'm pretty sure the battle cleric build will be added at some point. It is to popular of a build for them to not add it.
  • Options
    edwardloxaredwardloxar Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Edit:- didnt realise my question was answered in previous pages. cant dlete post. :(
  • Options
    mawaddah444mawaddah444 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mewbrey put some pvp gameplay :#
    C'mon +.+
    And nice guide