test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My Cleric Build.

Comments

• laudon1laudon1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    @Threat fix - get a cw who knows how to cc mobs and you won't even notice if it is broken.

Deepstone blessing? really? how often do you heal someone when they have temporary hitpoints? If they need heals they don't have temp hitpoints.

Giving up an extra 5% defense on foresight for 10% astral seal healing? Not worth it imo.

Healing action does not work correctly atm either, so it is not worth taking.

Bastion of health is a garbage spell. It heals for hardly anything in comparison to a forgemaster's flame.
    Lemonade Stand.
    Dragon Guild
  • n3f45tn3f45t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guys, I was able to earn ~1000zen from sponsorpay.
    How would you recommend me to spend them?
  • gill102gill102 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Mewbrey,

Thank you for posting this guide, it has been the single most informative Cleric post I've read since I started playing.

The only question I had was regarding the "Aggro fix." Your original post was nearly a month ago, so I'm wondering if its still recommended to do. I haven't seen any patch notes about aggro changes. Also, to try the fix, do you mean I should remove all my gear BEFORE entering a dungeon, or immediately after entering a dungeon (while having Soothe equipped)? Thanks.

-Gil102
  • mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    gill102 wrote: »
    Mewbrey,

Thank you for posting this guide, it has been the single most informative Cleric post I've read since I started playing.

The only question I had was regarding the "Aggro fix." Your original post was nearly a month ago, so I'm wondering if its still recommended to do. I haven't seen any patch notes about aggro changes. Also, to try the fix, do you mean I should remove all my gear BEFORE entering a dungeon, or immediately after entering a dungeon (while having Soothe equipped)? Thanks.

-Gil102

As soon as you enter the dungeon remove your gear and then place it back on again, and leave sooth slotted while doing it. If you are using a companion that gives you any stats it may be worth dismissing them while doing this and then summon them again once you've put your gear back on.

Keep in mind this will not stop you from getting agro and some times does not work. But it should give you the intended 8 second grace period and normalize your threat.

and yes they have still done nothing to resolve the threat issue that is clearly an issue, as we can get around it by doing this little tweak.
    ~*~ Foundry missions: Stronghold Branax : Goblin menace : Forwyn crypts ~*~
  • gill102gill102 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank you, Mewbrey. I tried removing all my gear, waited until I got in a dungeon, then put it all back on, but it didn't seem to help much. I'll try removing/re-equipping as soon as I enter a Dungeon. I always have Soothe slotted. Thanks again!

-Gil102
  • bureckkkbureckkk Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mewbrey whats the best main hand for cleric ? :)
  • crimsondawnxcrimsondawnx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nice Build.. probably gonna respec mine to this :D
  • nerfallthethingsnerfallthethings Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nice build, I am gonna try it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • warsirenwarsiren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks Mewbrey, this build has been super fun to play! Usually I theory craft my own but I'm burnt out and it was nice to easily find a great spec that fits my playstyle!!! So thanks again mate!
    Thori-Siggy-2_zps2ccf70bd.png
  • troodeetroodee Member Posts: 38
    edited June 2013
    Hi, what do you think about getting Foresight instead of Holy Fervor? Threat reduction is bugged and even if it isn't, on most of the bosses is good that clerics actually get agroo from adds. Foresight helps you mitigate damage. Also, Brand of the Sun instead of Sacred Flame on some bosses? You can apply Brand on adds and then concentrate on kiting, also inbetween add packs you can apply Brand on boss and help burning him down at least a little bit. Third thing I like to do is to stack up Defense instead of Power, Power is just too weak and Defense is useful due to threat you're generating with your heals.
    Foresight is an absolute must. 11% dmg reduction with Benefit of Foresight (tier 2 paragon feat). I use Fervor and Foresight, since I don't really see a difference when using Sooth.

Brand of the Sun is amazing. As many other clerics I use Astral Seal and Brand of the Sun. It's lower DPS and no temporary hit points, but the a mount of divine power generation is awesome. The passive generation after having spread it is good, but it's mainly the overall regeneration you gain when spreading it on 2-4 mobs and then spamming your encounters and other passive.

Power may seem a bit of a lackluster, but it has no diminishing returns. Both Rcovery and Critical Strike has diminishing returns. If you're at 4,000 power and 2,500 crit, 250 stat points in either will improve your raw healing power by about 1%.

The guide is great, but I really disagree with using Bastion of Health as a standard setup - especially if you don't use Divine Fortune. With a core cooldown of 25s, it has a much lower healing potential than a boosted Forgemaster's Flame. Although FF needs to be boosted if used as a healing spell, it is also a great source of divine power, since you'll never miss.
    We are not designed to outheal stupidity!
  • mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Hey all sorry for the lack of reply's lately, been a little busy.

This guide will be under going a rather large change once the new patch comes out, I would not recommend using this build for the time, it will see you through Tier 2 however 1.03 will be discontinued for the time being until the new patch comes out then I will be re-working the guide for 1.04.

Thanks for all the positive posts!
  • teflondon75teflondon75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Power or crit I find you end up in about the same spots eventually anyhow. I started as a crit based build and still am but now that I've hit those soft caps(3400+ in both crit and recov) It's all power(4900 currently with no ancient kit) and defense anyhow. I'm sure mewbrey's cleric is pretty crit heavy now to just the way the gearing goes etc :)
  • vmlinuxvmlinux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I show you have 23 heroic and 31 paragon points. At 60 on a respec I show I only have 20 heroic points. How did you get the extra 3?
  • blisterz89blisterz89 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    do you still use this build?
  • balerathonbalerathon Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vmlinux wrote: »
    I show you have 23 heroic and 31 paragon points. At 60 on a respec I show I only have 20 heroic points. How did you get the extra 3?

Humans get extra feat points. That's where it's coming from.
    edited June 2013
    blisterz89 wrote: »
    do you still use this build?

The build will be under going a major remake after the patch hits live, if you can hang off respeccing until the free respec token is handed out with the new patch in the future I would suggest you do. This build will see you through T2 but it is not the best build on the market.

I've completed every T2 dungeon including castle never with this build using 1 of every class in group, but again it is not ideal right now and I will be changing a few things after the changes come through the pipe line and the changes are set in stone.
    edited June 2013
    so we will be getting a free respec token when patch day comes? sweet
  • jango974jango974 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi mewbrey, I've tested the crit build for now, and i'm really not satisfied, and for some reason, i have the feeling that i can get a lot more by rising the power over the crit, sadly my stats are completly messed up since i made my char to go for crit (so with a very high STR). So what do you think about the crit cleric?
    edited June 2013
    jango974 wrote: »
    Hi mewbrey, I've tested the crit build for now, and i'm really not satisfied, and for some reason, i have the feeling that i can get a lot more by rising the power over the crit, sadly my stats are completly messed up since i made my char to go for crit (so with a very high STR). So what do you think about the crit cleric?

The crit build by deistik does work, and as far as I am aware he has also completed all the content with his build too. Repurpose soul even with my current build does about 16-19% of my healing through a dungeon, I would imagine with deistik's build his repurpose soul is doing a bit more for him hitting the higher parts of the critical range.

However if you wish to switch to my build by all means you are welcome to try it of course! However, I would implore you to wait until after the new patch goes live, I am preparing to re-work this build and have a few changes in mind, on the test shard I have only had a chance to run 80% of the Tier 2 dungeons and 0% of the tier 1's we are currently in the process of gathering terrible blues to transfer to the test server tonight to test T1 with on level gear, we also tested Tier 2 with Tier 1 gear for the vast majority of them, and used Tier 2 gear for Castle never.

There will be changes to this current build (1.03).
    I hope this helps, keep in mind healing in general in this game is fairly unsatisfying if you prefer a more traditional approach to healing as I do. :)
  • jango974jango974 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mewbrey wrote: »
    The crit build by deistik does work, and as far as I am aware he has also completed all the content with his build too. Repurpose soul even with my current build does about 16-19% of my healing through a dungeon, I would imagine with deistik's build his repurpose soul is doing a bit more for him hitting the higher parts of the critical range.

However if you wish to switch to my build by all means you are welcome to try it of course! However, I would implore you to wait until after the new patch goes live, I am preparing to re-work this build and have a few changes in mind, on the test shard I have only had a chance to run 80% of the Tier 2 dungeons and 0% of the tier 1's we are currently in the process of gathering terrible blues to transfer to the test server tonight to test T1 with on level gear, we also tested Tier 2 with Tier 1 gear for the vast majority of them, and used Tier 2 gear for Castle never.

There will be changes to this current build (1.03).
    I hope this helps, keep in mind healing in general in this game is fairly unsatisfying if you prefer a more traditional approach to healing as I do. :)

As you said It work, and maybe this feeling of not being satisfied come from the effectiveness of the cleric on neverwinter (compared to Aion, Lineage, Tera ...).
    I'll check your topic, to see what you changed, keep it up! ;)
  • warsirenwarsiren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey Mewbrey,

Have you tested out the "Power Of The Sun." Feat using using Brand Of The Sun as you're damage at will with Astral Seal at all? I would test this out myself but sadly I have no one to test with on my Mimic Server. So I was just curious if that particular feat has garnered any attention from yourself... or If I'm the only one eyeing it up XD
    edited June 2013
    warsiren wrote: »
    Hey Mewbrey,

Have you tested out the "Power Of The Sun." Feat using using Brand Of The Sun as you're damage at will with Astral Seal at all? I would test this out myself but sadly I have no one to test with on my Mimic Server. So I was just curious if that particular feat has garnered any attention from yourself... or If I'm the only one eyeing it up XD

Its a fairly effective trait, but it is not something I plan on using as I try to make a build that is more standardized towards classic healing, and I tend to avoid skills & ability's from the paragon path, as I want to drop it as soon as they bring out a new paragon path option.

while Power of the sun is a good trait in its self, I would begrudge spending the 5 previous points to get to it. ^^
    edited June 2013
    mewbrey wrote: »
    Its a fairly effective trait, but it is not something I plan on using as I try to make a build that is more standardized towards classic healing, and I tend to avoid skills & ability's from the paragon path, as I want to drop it as soon as they bring out a new paragon path option.

while Power of the sun is a good trait in its self, I would begrudge spending the 5 previous points to get to it. ^^

Right that's my biggest issue with going after it too, but we have no idea how long we'll be waiting for more paths. Hmm I'm still interested to see what you come up with though. I will say the PuGs I've been doing aren't nearly as bad on the test server as some people have been making it out, a bit rougher, but yeah. I need to get more of my friends to level up, so many of them are addicted to foundry atm, and taking forever so I can put in better tests.
    edited June 2013
    Sooooo, the big patch is hitting tomorrow.

What are your thoughts?

Also, I was wondering on your take on this guide:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?314631-Guide-to-Everything-Cleric-What-you-need-to-know-have-to-solo-heal-everything-PvE

At least with regards to power and feat choice.

I'd love your take on it :)
    edited June 2013
    balerathon wrote: »
    Sooooo, the big patch is hitting tomorrow.

What are your thoughts?

Also, I was wondering on your take on this guide:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?314631-Guide-to-Everything-Cleric-What-you-need-to-know-have-to-solo-heal-everything-PvE

At least with regards to power and feat choice.

I'd love your take on it :)

I'm not to worried, in fact I look forward to the change. Little disappointed in the fact that astral shields healing was hit rather hard without any of the healing slack being passed onto other skills such as bastion of health.

The information from unspecifiederror is pretty good and it should help a great many people, I have mixed thoughts on foresights especially after the patch when tanks, can actually tank so while we do not get the full value of healer's lore our selves, the guardians tanking will do. The healing we put out after removing healing from hallowed ground and invigorated healing is still vastly higher than the damage the guardian takes throughout the entire dungeon with and without foresight.

The last dungeon we did on the test server Healers lore with mark of mending resulted in more effective health for the tank as long as they could deal with the damage in the first place.

ACT is not the most accurate tool to use as well right now, so the numbers could be slightly off! My other issue with Healers lore, is getting the Mark of mending can be fairly difficult as you have to spend a great many points, and you wont want to miss out on hallowed ground.

I still have a lot of testing I want to do before I update this build and put it out to public even though the general idea is still the same. In general the build is aimed towards more of a traditional healing style, and the threat improvements on the preview shard allows for much better targeting with heals as people don't need to run around as much due to majority threat being on one target in one place.

Should be updating this build within 2-4 days, sorry for such a long delay!
    edited June 2013
    Hah! No trouble at all :)

I'd rather you take 6 days and put out a build you feel comfortable with :)

I'll admit I haven't really been playing with Foresight, but I'm trying it out. That being said, with the increase to Tank threat, it might become much less important as you say.

Thanks for persevering!
    edited June 2013
    i really cant wait till the patch is done and for the free respec so cool :D
  • teflondon75teflondon75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    warsiren wrote: »
    Right that's my biggest issue with going after it too, but we have no idea how long we'll be waiting for more paths. Hmm I'm still interested to see what you come up with though. I will say the PuGs I've been doing aren't nearly as bad on the test server as some people have been making it out, a bit rougher, but yeah. I need to get more of my friends to level up, so many of them are addicted to foundry atm, and taking forever so I can put in better tests.

The average PUG on test is unlikely to be the same average joe PUG on live server haha. The only people I know going to test are people that actually give a darn about their characters performance in the first place and they are typically decent players.
    edited June 2013
    im alittle disappointed in the cleric shield nerf but im glad that clerics cant be tank anymore lol
  • quoiskyquoisky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The build is good... but,
    Replacing Astral seal with Brand of the Sun, was the best move I could make. I don't find Astral does it for me at all. But when a foe DOESN'T expect the cleric to turn around and become all dps on him...hehehe! Brand of the sun has help me take out ALOT of enemies (Especially in pvp) I laugh as you see them running for that potion, and brand of the sun keeps hitting them in a distance, then poof, dead! -.o
    I don't understand why you NEVER even put a point on it, you have no idea how much fun that one can be obviously.
    Of course, to each their own I guess...