Options

My Cleric Build.

123457»

Comments

• Options
    fefeenahfefeenah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mewbrey wrote: »
    I hope to be getting new videos up in the near future, but can't put any times on them at the moment. :)

/like

Looking forward to watching them! Thanks!
  • Options
    phaezenphaezen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for this guide, powerwise exactly what I have found to work on dungeon runs as solo cleric. The feats I was still looking at, but after testing this build today it works well.
  • Options
    extol01extol01 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey Mewbrey

Thanks for keeping up on the boards...i'm sure all the Cleric community appreciates it.

Question: If you could start over, would you roll...
    WIS: 18
    CHA: 14
    STR: 14
    I ask because I read somewhere that getting 20/20/20 was a better point allocation (this was an opinion from some other forum boards and was not directly compairing it to your point allocation).
  • Options
    mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    extol01 wrote: »
    Hey Mewbrey

Thanks for keeping up on the boards...i'm sure all the Cleric community appreciates it.

Question: If you could start over, would you roll...
    WIS: 18
    CHA: 14
    STR: 14
    I ask because I read somewhere that getting 20/20/20 was a better point allocation (this was an opinion from some other forum boards and was not directly compairing it to your point allocation).

Do you mean 16/14/14 and putting +2 into wisdom? to get 18/14/14.

I would consider it, but at the same time perhaps not I still find it fairly easy with the current gear situation to get the numbers needed/desired, while it would mean I could put less into critical or recovery, I would not be able to put less into them because of the gear used carry's most of the stats.

20/3 is good because it gives you a flat 10% base to work from but I do enjoy the increased healing from wisdom especially when going into skills like healers lore with mark of mending linked with deepstone blessing.
    The flat 1% critical and 1% recovery/APG would be nice but I do like 3% increased healing too... hard choice with little impact in the games current state ^^.

the difference between 20/20/20 and 26/15/19 is 9% healing/damage vs 5% critical and 1% recovery/APG. The diffrences are fairly minor I'd suggest using what you are happy with, I enjoy the flat increased healing. :)
    ~*~ Foundry missions: Stronghold Branax : Goblin menace : Forwyn crypts ~*~
  • Options
    deviltyphoon2deviltyphoon2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The build is already updated for the balancing patch?
  • Options
    extol01extol01 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the reply, Mewbrey

I think I like your idea of a more consistant healing/damage of your build.
    I also have the same question as deviltyphoon2. Is your build of...
    20 - WIS
    13 - STR
    13 - CHA
    ...from May 4th, still your recommended starting stats, along with your leveling point distribution?

thanks again
  • Options
    mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The build is already updated for the balancing patch?

Yep, the "balance" change has already taken place and this build (1.04) is what I now use since the changes.

extol01 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, Mewbrey

...from May 4th, still your recommended starting stats, along with your leveling point distribution?

thanks again

I am a fan of 20/13/13 yes, do I think its vital to have this? no. But I have not tested other starting stat base lines to be able to give you a fool-proof answer to that. I'm sorry that I cannot be anymore clear on it, not until they give us better means of testing other than re-rolling a great many clerics.

At the bottom of each post you can see when it was lasted edited to make sure information is up to date. "Last edited by mewbrey; 06-18-2013 at 07:02 AM." :)
  • Options
    ricofricof Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    tysvm mewbrey :) using this build now and very happy...ty again for all your hard work!
  • Options
    jarcoartjarcoart Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank you for posting this!
    Just hit 60 and decided to use this build, healed T1 and then T2 without any issues.
    Good job on this! and thank you! :)
  • Options
    balerathonbalerathon Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Any reason to favor Divine Glow over Chains for pre-60 solo play? I find that daunting light + KB sunburst + Chains x2 yields flawless kills every time. Clearly you can't get Divine glow until 50 (or whatever) but what's the reason to favor it over Chains at 60?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    balerathon wrote: »
    Any reason to favor Divine Glow over Chains for pre-60 solo play? I find that daunting light + KB sunburst + Chains x2 yields flawless kills every time. Clearly you can't get Divine glow until 50 (or whatever) but what's the reason to favor it over Chains at 60?

At 60 in general you'll find it less and less of an issue to have a few mobs licking your face, so it works out easier to hit them fairly hard and increase your damage. Pre-60 chains do work well if your under geared and can also help party members by CCing mobs so they can better move away from area of effect attacks.

The displayed skills I've put in the post are with the intention of being 60 and having a standard of gear. Hope this helps! :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Sure does :) I've been spreading the word on this build, as it's served both my group and myself very well so far.

Keep awesoming.
  • Options
    galvadoxgalvadox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    pls add a Picture of your Talents to the Guide ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    galvadox wrote: »
    pls add a Picture of your Talents to the Guide ;)

Heya, if you click the build links, you can see the power and the feats, you can view the feats by clicking the feat tab next to the power tab, I hope this helps! :)
  • Options
    lepyrlepyr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just wanted to chime in and say how awesome this build is. I ran the crit cleric build for a while and switched to your build today and the difference is huge. My groups end every fight at max HP and I can safely do all of my abilities at range (which is a huge, welcome change!). Thank you so much for posting this and please keep maintaining it! People like you add a ton of value to this game.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Still loving this build?
  • Options
    tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's a good build, ingenious in fact. Divine Fortune is a particularly good addition.
    Normally, the reason why builds like this have trouble working is because of the low divinity/AP generation if you don't like to overheal (and waste encounter cds) or during especially in hectic battles, which forces you keep using your powers and making your heals altogether unreliable. Enter Divine Fortune. The result is that this build actually rewards you for healing more by giving you higher divinity. This is the foundation of her build. It all starts to come together when you add the extra heal encounters, Sacred Flame/Divine Armor and Deepstone Blessing, Linked Spirit, Healing Action, Righteous Rage of Tempus for just a bit more divinity gain and then all the other +healing feats and Healer's Lore. Rounding the build off are two of our strongest damage mitigation powers.
    The result is not just lots of heals + extra goodies from Linked Spirit. Her build allows her to actively control her healing, going from slow, steady healing to burst healing as needed, without sacrificing either divinity or AP gain.
    Solid build.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    tyrtallow wrote: »
    It's a good build, ingenious in fact. Divine Fortune is a particularly good addition.
    Normally, the reason why builds like this have trouble working is because of the low divinity/AP generation if you don't like to overheal (and waste encounter cds) or during especially in hectic battles, which forces you keep using your powers and making your heals altogether unreliable. Enter Divine Fortune. The result is that this build actually rewards you for healing more by giving you higher divinity. This is the foundation of her build. It all starts to come together when you add the extra heal encounters, Sacred Flame/Divine Armor and Deepstone Blessing, Linked Spirit, Healing Action, Righteous Rage of Tempus for just a bit more divinity gain and then all the other +healing feats and Healer's Lore. Rounding the build off are two of our strongest damage mitigation powers.
    The result is not just lots of heals + extra goodies from Linked Spirit. Her build allows her to actively control her healing, going from slow, steady healing to burst healing as needed, without sacrificing either divinity or AP gain.
    Solid build.

100% agree
  • Options
    lepyrlepyr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Even though I love this build I do have one question. Why is BoH preferred over FF? He mentions linked spirit, does the group heals associated with FF not trigger that? The healing from FF is over 2x what BoH does, and it has a shorter cooldown. Has anyone tested this?

Edit: Nevermind, found the post where this was tested HERE
  • Options
    tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's all here. I've been trying to get scozzer's thread stickied.

Divine Forgemaster's Flame basically does not proc Linked Spirit, Healing Action, etc... and Divine Fortune. The extra healing is (generally) not worth messing with what makes the build great. Based on the vids FF isn't really required for this build anyway.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • Options
    cbkineticcbkinetic Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thank you for the guide - it is much appreciated !

I changed my Lvl 45 (Tiefling) and the transition has been quite smooth, although I completely forgot to add points to Sacred Flame :p (with the one point in Lance of Faith) - haha! I'll add them in as I continue to level...
  • Options
    krithiumskrithiums Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Really awesome guide, i use this all the time!
    True Story.
    Last edited by ukatoenasni; Today at 06:09 AM. Reason: Grammar sucks before coffee.
  • Options
    yalmaneryalmaner Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Pls add picture your character page i wanna see your full of gear
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    yalmaner wrote: »
    Pls add picture your character page i wanna see your full of gear

My gear was overkill for the content, I have since stopped playing the game however, and will update the front page to reflect this. I stopped playing due to all of my close friends losing interest in the game over time and as my friends have left I feel very little desire to play the game anymore.

My friends lost interest in the game due to the direction it is heading and the content they are deciding to priorities for example leaving classes less than 50% done from launch up until now (when Im posting this) a few of them have not had a real choice to play characters they enjoy and in the end it led to an unproductive feeling between friends as many of them didn't enjoy playing what they ended up lumped with.

I feel its a little premature to leave the game already, but with the 12 of my close friends stopping, its left me with little choice but to also follow. It's been great spending time with people from the community, and the general forum users have been great.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    :eek: OH NO!

Who will be my cleric guide!?
  • Options
    derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I hope they'll fix soon the critical heals / regen from Healing Word .
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • Options
    invalidgirlinvalidgirl Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mewbrey wrote: »
    My gear was overkill for the content, I have since stopped playing the game however, and will update the front page to reflect this. I stopped playing due to all of my close friends losing interest in the game over time and as my friends have left I feel very little desire to play the game anymore.

My friends lost interest in the game due to the direction it is heading and the content they are deciding to priorities for example leaving classes less than 50% done from launch up until now (when Im posting this) a few of them have not had a real choice to play characters they enjoy and in the end it led to an unproductive feeling between friends as many of them didn't enjoy playing what they ended up lumped with.

I feel its a little premature to leave the game already, but with the 12 of my close friends stopping, its left me with little choice but to also follow. It's been great spending time with people from the community, and the general forum users have been great.

Very sad to hear that, mewberry! (Yes, I shall forever remember you as a cat fruit)

I'm going to keep playing regardless if my friends keep playing or not. They have their choices, I have mine. I'm personally tired of dropping games on a whim just because someone isn't interested anymore. I've never stuck with any game through the bitter and sweet. Figured it might as well be this one!
  • Options
    topguidestopguides Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm sad to see that you stopped playing. You did a great job helping this community players with your knowledge and videos.
    I updated the last version of your guide on http://mmominds.com/2013/05/18/cleric-healing-build-and-guide-with-videos-by-mewbrey/
    Sorry for being so late but is hard to keep a track on everyone's guide when I don't get the msgs telling me that the guides got updated.
    Thank you