test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I don't care 'who did the most damage'! Any way to turn off that message screen?

Comments

• Options
    nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    klixan wrote: »
    I think this might be a boy issue (cause they do seem to like comparing things to see which one is bigger or better) but honestly, that screen that pops up at the end of a battle really annoys the heck outta me.

Personally, I really couldn't care less 'who fell over the most times' or 'who made the most noise' or whatever other asinine information it gives you.

Is there any way to turn the stupid thing off?
    I typed something mean. I better whiteknight and save face.
  • Options
    asakochanasakochan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i will give you an example why sometimes people like OP can have their point:

i done my last skirmish with 3 rogues and 1 CW, and i died 2 times because they were in a such competition with eachother who would do more damage that they forgot they must protect the cleric in order to have their <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> safe, so i got a shietload of adds on me and i died. But even after i died they didn't bothered to come and res me, i was left there till they killed the boss and ressed after everything finished.

Was so frustrating watching them chugging pots to survive only to not get rid of adds until the boss was dead that made me want to scream lol.
    So yeah i could not be less interested of how much damage everyone has done, i'm a cleric and i can't care less!

And i can see ingorance and rudeness running out so rampant in this forums that i'm speechless! To the person who nominated bleed and tampon, go hide yourself under the rock on the cavern from where you just crawled out from. Shame on you!
  • Options
    screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I thought it was kinda cute, but I thought girls do the same thing (comparing bigger or better). Though I'm not often privy to such discussions.
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    brakkish1 wrote: »
    I like it when others are forced to see how cool I am and marvel at my excellence.

I am Dwarven Five. Autographs can be had at the end of the dungeon.

Exactly.

"Ha! I (TR) did 3.5 times more damage than that guy (GWF). I am a living legend. Bask in my glory!"
  • Options
    gibstergibster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i want it on so i can see whos a terrible player and who not to invite to the places that require you to be good.
    i know people may want to hide how bad they are, but....tough.
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    calamintha wrote: »
    Exactly.

"Ha! I (TR) did 3.5 times more damage than that guy (GWF). I am a living legend. Bask in my glory!"

"Ha! I (GF) did twice more damage than that guy (TR). No seriously, what was that guy doing?"
  • Options
    andelolandelol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nymesis92 wrote: »
    Are you really that bad that it bothers you to see how bad you are compared to others?

0/10.

^^^^ this ^^^^
  • Options
    brakkish1brakkish1 Member, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    "Ha! I (GF) did twice more damage than that guy (TR). No seriously, what was that guy doing?"
    Lol true story? ...this, this is why we have a stat sheet. If nothing more than to inspire deep thought, and confirm your suspicions that "that guy" was indeed wanking his yanker the entire time the rest of you pulled his weight.
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like the "scoreboard" & would not turn it off, BUT, I can understand why some people would like an option to toggle it off for themselves. To me, that's a win-win, & I'm really not sure why anyone would oppose such a toggle switch for other people.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    travail01travail01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Heh, a boy issue, eh?

Last I checked, there was a larger market for push-up bras than there ever has been for padded male underwear.

:p

I like Seeing these stats at the end of missions. It's not really to brag, but I like to know if I'm playing my class reasonably well or not. If I'm a Rogue, in a group with other Rogues, and I'm coming in well behind them in damage output, then I can try to improve. If I have no record of my own damage compared to others, I might go on thinking I'm doing just fine, when in reality I'm dropping the ball. I can also help my friends and guild mates to get better, as well, if my own damage output is higher than theirs.

-Travail.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
  • Options
    scan69scan69 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think this might be a boy issue (cause they do seem to like comparing things to see which one is bigger or better) but honestly, that screen that pops up at the end of a battle really annoys the heck outta me.

Personally, I really couldn't care less 'who fell over the most times' or 'who made the most noise' or whatever other asinine information it gives you.

Someone is tired of seeing themselves fail, at least you get the poke in the eye you deserve.

Nothing worse that people piggy backing on players that do all the work, so yes, you will be faced with your FAIL every time.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »

That's certainly a good example of useful info lol. Although I never really cared since I enjoy pugs more for the added challenge anyway. :D
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's certainly a good example of useful info lol. Although I never really cared since I enjoy pugs more for the added challenge anyway. :D

Hey! I'm roleplaying a rogue. I'm supposed to hide most of the fight and only attack weak targets. After I've opened all chests of course.
  • Options
    tvalaltvalal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    What can i say, most men/boys like to compete. Its our nature, we have some fallen brothers that have strayd from our path, but a superior number is actualy competitive one way or another ;)
  • Options
    pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tvalal wrote: »
    What can i say, most men/boys like to compete. Its our nature, we have some fallen brothers that have strayd from our path, but a superior number is actualy competitive one way or another ;)
    I'm one of the few then. I am a Hero not an athlete.
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • Options
    lordblackwolf2klordblackwolf2k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's funny reading a few people's claims that she's a bad player, but how would they know? A lot of players use the information in different ways from e-peen to judging their performance based on gear or different rotations. Just because she feels that she doesn't
    need that information people shouldn't automatically accuse her of being a bad player because for all they know she could be better
    than they are.
  • Options
    wormgaswormgas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    Apparently, checking the results of your performance to evaluate your playstyle and improve is considered a male-only activity.

Unless you want us to just mash without giving care. In that case, prepare for some long fights.
    That's a fact!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wormgas wrote: »
    Apparently, checking the results of your performance to evaluate your playstyle and improve is considered a male-only activity.

Unless you want us to just mash without giving care. In that case, prepare for some long fights.

Just curious, but how do you gauge and use the information? Every time I look at it, it is dps rogue at the top, casters in the middle, and tank at the bottom. What am I missing here? Certainly this doesn't mean that everyone that plays GF is a bad player, right?
  • Options
    dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    You should be able to toggle that window using the 'X' key. :) Thanks for sharing your feedback!

Press X key. /thread
  • Options
    wormgaswormgas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    Just curious, but how do you gauge and use the information? Every time I look at it, it is dps rogue at the top, casters in the middle, and tank at the bottom. What am I missing here? Certainly this doesn't mean that everyone that plays GF is a bad player, right?

Personal empirical experience is now universally applicable for the sake of an argument.

Today I learned.

It's not like there can be 2 of the same class in a group or anything.

It's not like a DC or CW can top a TR and that could be alarming for a TR who gives a **** to find out what he's doing wrong (or right).

No. That can't be.
    That's a fact!
  • Options
    bacillixbacillix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pandergos wrote: »
    Period.
    I see what you did there. :cool:
    edited May 2013

Wow is it so hard to just press "X" once it pops up?

Its not like its a cosntant spam or anything.

My guess is, that youre a baddie that cant play properly!
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • Options
    madcapinferismadcapinferis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Which part of my post didn't tell you to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off?

To answer your edit, the person said he used the information to improve and I am asking how he uses the information to do that as I would like to make use of it if I can. I just haven't found a practical use for it.

Not sure what crawled up wormgas' ***, but that response was uncalled for. As far as the raw data goes, it's hard to parse out any real information as to what you did right/did wrong. The best/most readily available information it gives is whether or not you did well. Try checking out specific areas of the forum or maybe even head over to the Nerverwinter sub-Reddit for some ideas. Sadly, I have not gone through the official forums for class related stuff and have only glimpsed at the Neverwinter sub-Reddit, but I felt the need to log in to specifically call out this exchange because no one should ever be turned away or spoken down to for trying to learn how to improve.
  • Options
    wolfrat14wolfrat14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    klangeddin wrote: »
    Press X? =/

If you immediately press X when that pop-up appears that pop-up will immediately disappear.

Problem solved!
  • Options
    aislingiaislingi Member Posts: 140 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    deleted for overreacting.
    I wanna go back to being weird. I like being weird. Weird's all I got, oh, and my sweet style. -Maurice Moss, The IT Crowd
  • Options
    elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    travail01 wrote: »
    Heh, a boy issue, eh?

Last I checked, there was a larger market for push-up bras than there ever has been for padded male underwear.

Do you find yourself checking these markets often? :P

This whole thread is pretty silly.
  • Options
    suddled420suddled420 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Sexist much? Also, maybe if you looked at it you would see it says "Hit X to close" Can I make a female and ability to concentrate comparison now?!?
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Gotta love how a woman can say something offensive and sexist and think it is OK, but a guy says something.... oh no, that is BAD BAD BAD.
  • Options
    pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    suddled420 wrote: »
    Sexist much?
    How's it feel to be on the receiving end? I know I read that an realized as a gender we earned the rebuke. Now wear it like a beer stain on your wife beater!;)
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Not sure what crawled up wormgas' ***, but that response was uncalled for. As far as the raw data goes, it's hard to parse out any real information as to what you did right/did wrong. The best/most readily available information it gives is whether or not you did well. Try checking out specific areas of the forum or maybe even head over to the Nerverwinter sub-Reddit for some ideas. Sadly, I have not gone through the official forums for class related stuff and have only glimpsed at the Neverwinter sub-Reddit, but I felt the need to log in to specifically call out this exchange because no one should ever be turned away or spoken down to for trying to learn how to improve.

Thanks for the reply, no worries I've grown thick skin over the years. Besides, nothing sirs up the testosterone more than having a female gamer start a thread on gaming site. :D

I feel like I am a pretty competent gamer, mostly play complex and obscure indie and TBS games, but never put myself above improving wherever or whenever I can. Just figured if there was a way to use that info in any useful way I'd like to find out.

Cheers