test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I don't care 'who did the most damage'! Any way to turn off that message screen?

klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I think this might be a boy issue (cause they do seem to like comparing things to see which one is bigger or better) but honestly, that screen that pops up at the end of a battle really annoys the heck outta me.

Personally, I really couldn't care less 'who fell over the most times' or 'who made the most noise' or whatever other asinine information it gives you.

Is there any way to turn the stupid thing off?
Post edited by klixan on

Comments

• Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Well...people like to get that info so they can see where they stack up and compare with others.

I wouldn't worry about it. If someone wants to epeen about it there are 10 of thousands of others who won't.
  • Options
    sistinas7sistinas7 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sadly, no :(
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    klixan wrote: »

I know it's not exactly what you're looking for, but doesn't "X" make it go away? I know that I accidentally make it disappear right away sometimes.
  • Options
    dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You should be able to toggle that window using the 'X' key. :) Thanks for sharing your feedback!
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Press X? =/
  • Options
    zanicsiazanicsia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did you really have to open up your post with a jab at males?

0/10
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    I agree... it's kinda annoying to press X to close the window everytime... it's not a major issue.. just those little things...
  • Options
    pandergospandergos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    I think this might be a boy issue (cause they do seem to like comparing things to see which one is bigger or better) but honestly, that screen that pops up at the end of a battle really annoys the heck outta me.

Personally, I really couldn't care less 'who fell over the most times' or 'who made the most noise' or whatever other asinine information it gives you.

Sure, press X if you don't like it. But that window that appears is a huge part of MMO's these days. It allows people to compare their healing/dps to see where they stand up vs other people. Not to mention to see how much more they go do as they gain more gear. It's a great tool to have for Min/Max since you can't parse on practice dummies.

Edit: For those people complaining about having to press "X", you might want to think about what REALLY matters to you because at this point you're just out right lazy. It's a SINGLE button, it's not asking much at all.
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    x toggles it on-off. Also, it's nice to see which people aren't doing their jobs right, and yes, ego stroking. Can't help being human and all. Maybe.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's useful at times though, not as epeen but to compare stats that you're using compared to before and figure out how to max your personal dps.
  • Options
    unirodunirod Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    if pressing the X key at the end of a dungeon is your biggest concern right now, you're gonna have a baaaad time. Enjoy it while it lasts !
  • Options
    arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It only happens at the end of the dungeon, so who cares? Just be glad there's no real time DPS Meter like in World of Warcraft where people will whine that you aren't pulling enough DPS all throughout the dungeon! Since it only appears at the end, it doesn't matter what your DPS is like cause you can leave group before you can even give them a chance to write: "LOL UR DPS IS SUX!!111one"
  • Options
    pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Yet you ARE playing PvP right? Which is the competitive portion of the game and in such kinda implies a need for a score board. I haven't seen a "scoreboard" in PvE so you might wanna stay here with the folks like me.
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • Options
    bman1978bman1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    i would like to see more stats. most heals, most dps, most damage taken, most getting killed, most killed creatures, most emotes done during match, most idle time spent and most importantly best dressed.

sorry for the sarcasm on some but as a healer i would like to know how well i did. you can't improve if you don't have benchmarks.
    valor.png
    Moonshadow Drow Cleric, Mr. Pickles Human Control Wizard, Ogre Hafling Guardian Fighter
    On Dragon Shard @bman78
  • Options
    nemonusnemonus Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2013
    Looks like someone is always at the bottom of the list.
  • Options
    pandergospandergos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    pzzdachu wrote: »
    Yet you ARE playing PvP right? Which is the competitive portion of the game and in such kinda implies a need for a score board. I haven't seen a "scoreboard" in PvE so you might wanna stay here with the folks like me.

There is a scoreboard in PvE.. Once the dungeon is finished it appears.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013

It's in pve and you can access it at any time in the dungeon by pressing x. If you're solo ext it's not there but it's there in dungeon delves.
  • Options
    pentegarnpentegarn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think this might be a boy issue

Just like a girl to make it about gender :p
  • Options
    nymesis92nymesis92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Clearly has no idea what he's talking about. LMFAO
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm pretty sure the only reason this thread was even made was to point out the fact that shes a female. Period.
  • Options
    nymesis92nymesis92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    nemonus wrote: »
    Looks like someone is always at the bottom of the list.

10/10. Would bang.
  • Options
    pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You may be right! I haven't seen a scoreboard in any dungeon yet. Then again I have only soloed for the last week.
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    charononus wrote: »
    It's in pve and you can access it at any time in the dungeon by pressing x. If you're solo ext it's not there but it's there in dungeon delves.

Not exactly. The scoreboard is also used for random events.
  • Options
    screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I would speak with a lawyer. This is obviously gender discrimination, putting you at the bottom of the list just because you are female.
  • Options
    gottneverwintergottneverwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I just hit the x key as soon as it pops up.

However, I really wish it wasn't even part of the game. There are other things each class can and should do, other than doing the most damage, etc..

I feel it fosters bad play, because all people care about is trying to be first on that damage list. You know that one rogue that always runs up ahead of everyone else? The one that only focuses dps on the boss and doesn't worry about taking out that caster that's nuking everyone?

Plus, I think it counts companions' damage for the player. I tested it out by using a striker companion on the storm the keep skirmish. I was playing my wizard, which is so not built for dps, but thanks to a boss fight with minimal adds, my panther, even with its horrible AI, just dps'd the boss for the five to ten minute fight, and I ended up doing more than 3 times the damage of anyone else, which I know wasn't just from my wizard.

So do you think people will bring a healer or tank companion to help out the cleric? No. They're going to bring a cat with their dps class, so they can "do the most damage."
  • Options
    pickygamerpickygamer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I kind of liked seeing the stats at the end. A few charts I seen while on my CW showed I actually out healed clerics (wtf? I dont even....). When I started playing a cleric my goal was to top every heal chart and I have so far. It helps me so I look at it, if it had no logical use for me I would ignore it and press x.
  • Options
    klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hehe I knew I might be poking some folks with a stick here, but I'm not asking for it to be removed, I'd just like an option to turn it off so it doesn't pop up at all.

You never know, there may be times when I'll find it useful, like when comparing one set of gear with another, I dunno. But for now, I was just hoping there was an option that I'd missed that would let me turn it off.
  • Options
    zorpennzorpenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The reason why scoreboard is bad is that ppl always want to be first and forget role they have in paty. Like CW/DC do dps instead doing their job.
    Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I just hit the x key as soon as it pops up.

However, I really wish it wasn't even part of the game. There are other things each class can and should do, other than doing the most damage, etc..

I feel it fosters bad play, because all people care about is trying to be first on that damage list. You know that one rogue that always runs up ahead of everyone else? The one that only focuses dps on the boss and doesn't worry about taking out that caster that's nuking everyone?

Plus, I think it counts companions' damage for the player. I tested it out by using a striker companion on the storm the keep skirmish. I was playing my wizard, which is so not built for dps, but thanks to a boss fight with minimal adds, my panther, even with its horrible AI, just dps'd the boss for the five to ten minute fight, and I ended up doing more than 3 times the damage of anyone else, which I know wasn't just from my wizard.

So do you think people will bring a healer or tank companion to help out the cleric? No. They're going to bring a cat with their dps class, so they can "do the most damage."

Pretty sure their are certain classes that are purely meant to do dmg big guy.
  • Options
    gottneverwintergottneverwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    bman1978 wrote: »
    i would like to see more stats. most heals, most dps, most damage taken, most getting killed, most killed creatures, most emotes done during match, most idle time spent and most importantly best dressed.

sorry for the sarcasm on some but as a healer i would like to know how well i did. you can't improve if you don't have benchmarks.

The whole post isn't sarcasm? Because it does show most of that stuff.