test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Envy's DPS Guardian Fighter compendium.

Comments

• Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lexairr wrote: »
    What dungeons drop the Timeless Hero set?

Spider/Caverns/Frozen/Spellplague
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • Options
    divenitydivenity Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Question... How exactly does the tactical superiority feat work? Does it just apply the debuff to anyone you hit? Does it just put it on anyone within range of you? Depending on how this works, wouldn't that mean we don't need 3 points in the power when it's feated?
  • Options
    sirlen1sirlen1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    first i want to thank you for an awesome guide. My GF is now really fun to play.
    In your guide you have spent 20 points in heroic feats and then 31 in paragon. I am now at lvl 27 and have spent 20 points in the heroic feats but am unable to spend points in paragon. according to people i cant spend points there before lvl 30. Can i save my points to lvl 30 or is the points either Heroic or Paragon?
  • Options
    divenitydivenity Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sirlen1 wrote: »
    first i want to thank you for an awesome guide. My GF is now really fun to play.
    In your guide you have spent 20 points in heroic feats and then 31 in paragon. I am now at lvl 27 and have spent 20 points in the heroic feats but am unable to spend points in paragon. according to people i cant spend points there before lvl 30. Can i save my points to lvl 30 or is the points either Heroic or Paragon?

Are you a human? If so, you get 3 extra heroic points.
  • Options
    prunetracyprunetracy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sirlen1 wrote: »

You're a human. You get extra heroic feats (ie not paragon). You start getting paragon feat points at level 30, which can only be spent in the paragon trees.
  • Options
    sirlen1sirlen1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok. that explains it. thanks
  • Options
    imyoimyo Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi, wanna ask u why u put the fighers recovery in white if u have that much dmg, u can get a LOT of hp back, i think thats a must have daily for some situations, want to understand why isnt that skill important, im kind of new at the game only lvl 22 and dont know the majority of the other skills and loved how u play as a tank/dps.

Sry for my sad english, just trying to understand that point cos im following ur build right now.
  • Options
    ghostxshellghostxshell Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://imgur.com/oGsaXrG Look at envys new EPIC DUNGEON GEAR BUILD
  • Options
    lexairrlexairr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://imgur.com/oGsaXrG Look at envys new EPIC DUNGEON GEAR BUILD

Are those good for PvE? Or just trying out the set?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lexairr wrote: »
    Are those good for PvE? Or just trying out the set?
    lol no something in that gear allows him to 1hit mobs he is cheating with some of the gear on him
  • Options
    lexairrlexairr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol no something in that gear allows him to 1hit mobs he is cheating with some of the gear on him
    So using the Valiant set in PvE isn't actually good?
  • Options
    reyaccionreyaccion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi I have this... "problem"? I have 21 points in Heroic Feats and this guide says 20, also I can't buy Paragon Feats :s
    So could someone explain me why is it? I am kinda new in this game I began to play this three days ago.
  • Options
    skumbagduskskumbagdusk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    reyaccion wrote: »
    Hi I have this... "problem"? I have 21 points in Heroic Feats and this guide says 20, also I can't buy Paragon Feats :s
    So could someone explain me why is it? I am kinda new in this game I began to play this three days ago.

If youre a human, you gain 3 extra Heroic Feat points, so you'll actually use 23 points, THEN you can use paragon points.
  • Options
    churchilligcchurchilligc Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So is this topic to be deleted because its creator is trash?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So is this topic to be deleted because its creator is trash?
    LOL
    10chara cap
  • Options
    koromiyashikoromiyashi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well Envy I know you're abusing the Glitch and I've been working my *** off for the Timeless Hero set. Is it still worth it? I mean I have the Glitched Set but I'm refusing to use.
  • Options
    reyaccionreyaccion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If youre a human, you gain 3 extra Heroic Feat points, so you'll actually use 23 points, THEN you can use paragon points.

Oh yes I am a human. Where would you add these three feats?

Thank you sir.
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All that text wall is wasted. All that was needed was a guide to obtain the full valiant set. /trololol
  • Options
    dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lol no posts after found using Valiant Warrior...
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To be fair to him, he dropped a hint in the guide about that already:

"Fighter's Recovery - This daily is great for health gain. The heal is dependent on how much damage you do so it heals for a ton with this build. I originally found this underwhelming as I tested it when I wasn't doing great damage. You can solo T2 bosses because of this and stay alive in 1v3s in PvP"

Valiant's Recovery. ='D
  • Options
    imyoimyo Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imyo wrote: »
    Hi, wanna ask u why u put the fighers recovery in white if u have that much dmg, u can get a LOT of hp back, i think thats a must have daily for some situations, want to understand why isnt that skill important, im kind of new at the game only lvl 22 and dont know the majority of the other skills and loved how u play as a tank/dps.

Sry for my sad english, just trying to understand that point cos im following ur build right now.

Can someone explain me this please :D ?
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

AKA very good for PvE

Youtube Channel

• Options
    dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this guide should probably be removed in light of the other threads.
  • Options
    flakelessflakeless Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You should probably stop thirsting over this one person when there are plenty of other people doing what you're referencing to.
    You're thirsty, just stop.
  • Options
    imaginaryhawkimaginaryhawk Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    Hey Envy.

Im hearing you now prefer to use the Valiant Warrior set in both pvp and pve. What made you make that decision? Could you please make a research comparing the dps output of the Timeless Hero set vs the Valiant Warrior set, with numbers, screenshots and such? I think everyone would be interested.

Oh and if you can please record a video showing us how you perform in PVE with that new set so that we can get a grip on the tactics used.
  • Options
    dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    flakeless wrote: »
    You should probably stop thirsting over this one person when there are plenty of other people doing what you're referencing to.
    You're thirsty, just stop.

thirsting?

the op has been shown to abuse an exploit. he's likely to be banned.

even if he's not banned his reputation is thrashed entirely.

if he's not banned it's likely trust in the company will evaporate as will it'splayers - especially if the gaming press gets a hold of this.
  • Options
    threaded1threaded1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I see a couple of issues in this spec that would make a tremendous difference in DPS.

Max out Trample the Fallen and use that instead of Ferocious.

Put 1 heroic point into Grit, put 1 paragon point into Take Measure. Grit for the Temporary Hit Points from a player casted heal which links into Wrathful Warrior, 1 point into Take Measure because 5% Temp HP isn't worth it.

Put 5 points into Fight On (bottom tree) then put 4 points into Battle Trample.

Boom, whenever a Wizard is nearby you'll be doing 15% more damage from Trample the Fallen, an additional 20% physical damage from Battle Trample, and 20% more threat on your attacks from Battle Trample.

Wrathful Warrior now has more uptime and entire add packs under control effects are going to take loads of damage with the added benefit that you'll also be doing your intended role of gaining threat on said adds.

(also I'm maxing out Strength and Dex on a Half Orc GF to see what happens at 60)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    dixa1 wrote: »
    thirsting?

the op has been shown to abuse an exploit. he's likely to be banned.

even if he's not banned his reputation is thrashed entirely.

if he's not banned it's likely trust in the company will evaporate as will it'splayers - especially if the gaming press gets a hold of this.

I won't be banned, GG.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    threaded1 wrote: »
    I see a couple of issues in this spec that would make a tremendous difference in DPS.

Max out Trample the Fallen and use that instead of Ferocious.

Put 1 heroic point into Grit, put 1 paragon point into Take Measure. Grit for the Temporary Hit Points from a player casted heal which links into Wrathful Warrior, 1 point into Take Measure because 5% Temp HP isn't worth it.

Put 5 points into Fight On (bottom tree) then put 4 points into Battle Trample.

Boom, whenever a Wizard is nearby you'll be doing 15% more damage from Trample the Fallen, an additional 20% physical damage from Battle Trample, and 20% more threat on your attacks from Battle Trample.

Wrathful Warrior now has more uptime and entire add packs under control effects are going to take loads of damage with the added benefit that you'll also be doing your intended role of gaining threat on said adds.

(also I'm maxing out Strength and Dex on a Half Orc GF to see what happens at 60)

There's is no doubt that you can squeeze more DPS from this build but you have to keep in mind that I made this build with PvP in mind. Having a life saver passive that also acts as a nuke is about as good as you can get.

May I ask why you're maxing Dex? I thought the only vaguely useful stat gain was AoE damage resistance or something similar. I don't think there's anything to help DPS.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    cathgar457cathgar457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maintenance, 7am Pacific Time 5/15/13

Hello Everyone,

We will be performing server maintenance tomorrow, 05/15/13, at 7 a.m. Pacific. We anticipate that the maintenance will take two hours. Once the maintenance begins, we'll keep you in the loop on progress!

We will be deploying a host of critical updates in this build, including:

-A fix for a bug that allowed Guardian Fighters to inflict significantly more damage than intended under certain circumstances (this is not a balance change - this is related to a very specific circumstance where damage would be calculated incorrectly)
    -A change that will prevent certain bosses from being defeated multiple times
    -A change that will automatically remove players from PVP matches if they go AFK

For details about any additional changes that will be occurring in the upcoming build, please keep an eye out for the Patch Notes.

Thank you to the players who have reported the above issues and provided us with the details needed to resolve them. Some players have posted feedback that the above issues may have had an effect on the game's economy. This is something that we take very seriously. In addition to the above fixes, we have a team actively working to ensure that these issues are looked into and addressed to the best of our ability. As a reminder, please keep in mind that attempting to exploit the game in any way can lead to actions taken against the account, up to and including permanent account closure.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. We've collected a ton of great feedback during the Neverwinter open beta, and have made several major improvements as a direct result of the many constructive comments we've received. We hope to continue this trend, so please feel free to continue sharing your thoughts with us!

Thank you!

The Neverwinter Team