What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

can we not have a repeat of d3 please?

Comments

• Options
    divinedingdivineding Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its still happening in the game. Witness first hand . Disappointed and about to quit now.
  • Options
    jmerithewjmerithew Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    bobzebrick wrote: »
    Another failed MMO they won't fix because it doesn't appeal to their pockets. I'm done with game already.
    I'm right on the edge, if they fix these bugs, and repair the dmg, via wipe or otherwise. I will probably pick it up again, because I absolutely love the gameplay and the foundry. But if things stay the way they are now, I'm going to keep at my hunt for a new mmo to play.
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    jmerithew wrote: »
    I'm right on the edge, if they fix these bugs, and repair the dmg, via wipe or otherwise. I will probably pick it up again, because I absolutely love the gameplay and the foundry. But if things stay the way they are now, I'm going to keep at my hunt for a new mmo to play.
    Same... I'm done if they wont take some kind of action.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    thewongerthewonger Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly, I'd be satisfied with a DEV/GM post saying "We are aware of the issue guys, we are working on it"

but, no... we get nothing.
  • Options
    iminers242iminers242 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    Same... I'm done if they wont take some kind of action.

Same. Wont fix the fps/lag issues and now this. Way to go Cryptic/PWE \o/
  • Options
    akrylumakrylum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    jmerithew wrote: »

same /agree
  • Options
    akrylumakrylum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    thewonger wrote: »
    Honestly, I'd be satisfied with a DEV/GM post saying "We are aware of the issue guys, we are working on it"

/agree again
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If a character wipe was done, then how many people would stay? I got to level 52 without using a single exploit and losing that character would make me very tempted to leave this game. A character wipe would cause most of the people that did not use any exploits to scream out in rage and consider leaving this game. Essentially, a character wipe would destroy this game or at least put it into a state that will take months or years to recover from. You don't use a nuke to wipe out a couple of flies.
  • Options
    jmerithewjmerithew Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    If a character wipe was done, then how many people would stay? I got to level 52 without using a single exploit and losing that character would make me very tempted to leave this game. A character wipe would cause most of the people that did not use any exploits to scream out in rage and consider leaving this game. Essentially, a character wipe would destroy this game or at least put it into a state that will take months or years to recover from. You don't use a nuke to wipe out a couple of flies.
    The problem is how many people are going to stay with how broken things have become. They missed their window of opportunity to fix this with simple bans, and now it's time to ignoring the problem, or doing a reset. The community is so divided though that there's no clear choice. I think a wipe is best for the overall health and image of the game, and that is also what would keep me playing. But I totally sympathize with the people on the other side of the fence.
  • Options
    itsafactitsafact Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013

This is exactly what rubs me the wrong way.

At the moment there are class specific forums where people discuss the bugs and mishaps thoroughly. Nobody on his right mind can say that the community doesn't do its part. It does. The problem is on the other end. Because no matter how hard people will try to defend this, they will have to admit that the problems are problems.
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Member Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    itsafact wrote: »
    This is exactly what rubs me the wrong way.

At the moment there are class specific forums where people discuss the bugs and mishaps thoroughly. Nobody on his right mind can say that the community doesn't do its part. It does. The problem is on the other end. Because no matter how hard people will try to defend this, they will have to admit that the problems are problems.

Cryptic! Welcome to the family!

With Cryptic/PWE, failure isn't an option. It's a way of life.
  • Options
    malvoumalvou Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This bug is going around and still the Stalwart Bulwark head is always over a miliion? Jeeze.
  • Options
    arkadian777arkadian777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Verb Tense: To make full use of and derive benefit from a resource.
    Noun: A bold or daring feat.

This is not an exploit; it is sole a flawed game mechanic on behalf of PWE/Cryptic and other affiliates. In other terms it is a "so called Beta" and bugs persist throughout the duration of this trial. A 4 set bonus regardless if it were of the Control Wizard and or Guardian Fighter. No files were tampered or modification to boost the success of this so called exploit. It was embedded within the game codes and a miscalculated design on behalf of the designers. Whether players utilize these mishaps is sole not on the part of the player but of the company. Your bantering only validates it; if anyone has any information that files have been tampered to put this so called "exploit" into fruition please relay further information. Ignorance..
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Kids these days....

It has been roughly 2weeks. If a wipe needs done to restart the game correctly then so be it.

You would lose two weeks of game time...OHH NOESSSS.....

Sigh...how long do you plan on sticking around folks? A month...then yea...whine away...

Planning on sticking around for more than 90 days? Clear up the exploits and restart the economy....

Either way...I am fine with it....

I enjoy the game and will be sticking around.

Utt ohhh....his eyes are glazing over....I fear he will be telling us about the times he played a games and sank weeks worth of effort into gathering/questing/crafting one piece of gear...only to lose it because he lost link at the wrong time...
  • Options
    itsafactitsafact Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic! Welcome to the family!

With Cryptic/PWE, failure isn't an option. It's a way of life.

For some reason this made me giggle. Perhaps I recognize how futile it is.

I hope not.
  • Options
    toyeverdaletoyeverdale Member Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    Nothing short of a char wipe can fix this.

No, two bug fixes stops that.
  • Options
    oriodixoriodix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yay new items in IS! Better give more IS items instead of fixing bugs. PWE well played.. Wonder how long you will give us Olympics instead of bread ;)
  • Options
    ashgan99ashgan99 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Verb Tense: To make full use of and derive benefit from a resource.
    Noun: A bold or daring feat.

This is not an exploit; it is sole a flawed game mechanic on behalf of PWE/Cryptic and other affiliates. In other terms it is a "so called Beta" and bugs persist throughout the duration of this trial. A 4 set bonus regardless if it were of the Control Wizard and or Guardian Fighter. No files were tampered or modification to boost the success of this so called exploit. It was embedded within the game codes and a miscalculated design on behalf of the designers. Whether players utilize these mishaps is sole not on the part of the player but of the company. Your bantering only validates it; if anyone has any information that files have been tampered to put this so called "exploit" into fruition please relay further information. Ignorance..

yeah you keep thinking that...
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Adore this game.

This kind of thing makes me want to quit. I've been defending this game and PWE tooth and nail for over 6 months ... I think I'm done with that. Will get a second 60, and then pretty sure I'm done. Exploits ruin games.
  • Options
    stadulatorstadulator Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    starkaos wrote: »

If they did a wipe this week I'd be done. I'm in the same situation as you. And what I find jsut as frustrating is the complete lack of skill from the gaming community on this title. Sure you can level fast but that's an issue when you go into Wolf Den or Pirate King, inspect your team members and the best equipped of them has two blues with the rest of his gear being green and white. I shudder to think what their powers and feats look like.

At level 45 i figure I've seen about all this title has to offer. Sure, I'll hit 60 and do some epics, but as I understand it, T1 - T2 dungeons are exactly the same as when you went through the first time, they just have more adds.

And if they do a character wipe I feel I can confidently say "Yep, I played all that title had and it was meh." And walk away only slightly miffed at the $150 I invested in this game because it had the words "Dungeons and Dragons" and the name "R.A. Salvatore" attached. I ate that one hook, line and sinker!
  • Options
    pinestainpinestain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That is seriously fubar. Price check on character wipe. Start Open beta 2.
  • Options
    thewongerthewonger Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's been like 10 days or something since Open Beta started... if you people are gonna leave if they wipe, you weren't going to stick around anyway.

I don't think they are going to wipe anything anyway, so I'm sure you'll be fine. Until you leave in a couple of months, anyway.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's been like 10 days or something since Open Beta started... if you people are gonna leave if they wipe, you weren't going to stick around anyway.

I don't think they are going to wipe anything anyway, so I'm sure you'll be fine. Until you leave in a couple of months, anyway.

No they're not going to wipe. They're on record saying they're not going to wipe characters, so if they did, they'd have to issue refunds to everyone who wanted them, or else they'd be guilty of fraud.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    xgondalenxxgondalenx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ryftlord wrote: »
    Hah... it's hard to tell how many people besides us actually appreciate the game when they complain about open beta being buggy.

open beta? u realy think it is? no wipes furthermore, founder ADs now spend are gone forever... its a softlaunch an nothing else....
  • Options
    gigplaygigplay Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I feel so dumb for actually playing this game honestly up til now. Someone hook me up with a party of GFs (fyi I'm a GF too) and we could go and wreck some shi_t up :)
  • Options
    soanvalckesoanvalcke Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As someone who is a Founder and has a 60CW, I would love for a full wipe. Too many issues in the game that need to be addressed, not to mention the issues we will have once the new class comes out. I'd rather have them do it now, or at least by next month. Leveling doesn't take that long anyway.
  • Options
    krazed59krazed59 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    What they should do is merge the 3 servers they have now, as they intended to do anyway. Then make another server and give anyone who wants it an option to move to the new server with all the AD from pre-orders and any Zen they've purchased.
  • Options
    urdefmadurdefmad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    hurr durr still no admin reply yet

looks like they will go the same route blizz did and not do rollbacks

this game = fail
  • Options
    xgondalenxxgondalenx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    we've got an answer in german forum. " we are aware of problems and work on a solution." ...
  • Options
    unirodunirod Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    People played D3 a couple of months before the economy broke down and people got bored or left for other reasons.

How do you even dare to compare D3 to this.....game ?!