test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Skirmish: Battle for the Bridge level 55. Who design this lame HAMSTER?

cetra07cetra07 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2014 in PvE Discussion
PW go do that stupid imbalance skirmish yrself. Level 55? You kidding me? I dont believe even the devs can do it.

3 ****ing giants and lot of adds that TELEPORT to you. The dmg is so <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that even a grp of 60s will have problem with it.

Did the game designers even test all the encounters in the skirmishes and dungeons himself to see if its doable or too hard? Or did you purposely overtuned the encounters just to FORCE ppl to buy the health stone and scrolls from the ZEN STORE??
Post edited by cetra07 on

Comments

• Options
    unixorunixor Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Couldn't agree more... Alot of end battles of skirms and dungeons are broken. Well they still have to sort out balancing issues, lets give 'em time. If it will still be there after a month, 90% of playerbase will just leave :)
  • Options
    cptcheese255cptcheese255 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I haven't reached lvl 55 yet, but the skirmish with the dragon that spawns 2 healers (can't remember the name) was so annoying...
  • Options
    pw3ckapw3cka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I haven't reached lvl 55 yet, but the skirmish with the dragon that spawns 2 healers (can't remember the name) was so annoying...

At least some fun, nothing get's more boring than just bashing few buttons without the fear of dying.

The battle with the dragon and two healers is at least fun, and if your group is not completely stupid it's also fast ;)\

I am happy the game is at least somehow hard.. Everything is doable and I hope to finish those things before they nerf them down because of shouting mainstream lowbobs ;)
  • Options
    vaako21vaako21 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pw3cka wrote: »
    At least some fun, nothing get's more boring than just bashing few buttons without the fear of dying.

The battle with the dragon and two healers is at least fun, and if your group is not completely stupid it's also fast ;)\

I am happy the game is at least somehow hard.. Everything is doable and I hope to finish those things before they nerf them down because of shouting mainstream lowbobs ;)

not fun if you are a melee dps and need to avoid all that nasty ae damage from healers and the dragon^^
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pw3cka wrote: »

Why do I get a feeling that you've never done Battle for the Bridge skirm? It's NOT DOABLE :D
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is doable, but far from easy. Did it with a guild group of 1 of each class. CC and mob focus is essential. Voice coms really helps. I prefer the difficulty to stay where it is. Everything is doable, but nothing past level 30 is "Easy" without using the GF gear buff or some other silly, game-breaking, system.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    It is doable, but far from easy. Did it with a guild group of 1 of each class. CC and mob focus is essential. Voice coms really helps. I prefer the difficulty to stay where it is. Everything is doable, but nothing past level 30 is "Easy" without using the GF gear buff or some other silly, game-breaking, system.

You're full of it... :D CC on those giants is pointless

And every second skirmish is "<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-easy".. but then again - all other ones are on a whole different level of "where's-the-logic-in-this?".
  • Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Temple Of The Spider.....fun
    Battle For The Bridge.....i feel like quitting this game
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    churchilligcchurchilligc Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    did it in a pug as a gwf with a gf in the group

not impossible
  • Options
    mudekidamudekida Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pull and separate them...assassinate the low hp ones first with wiz sniping and rogue stealthing............????????.....profit...

pugged it on my second try. probably could've done it in first group if everyone didn't ragequit after 1 death at giants
  • Options
    absinto666absinto666 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Garrundar the vile the only problem are the cc. It's too much what makes very hard to control the marsh mystics. After killing the lyzzie hunters (not sure if it's the name of the lizards that throw the web) just tank the marsh mystics to far of the dragon and hold them till they dragon is dead. They will disappear after dragon's death. Easier than trying to kill them, even you can, the dragon will be with his life full again. I did it with me gwf.
  • Options
    absinto666absinto666 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And Battle for the bridge is just stupid a lot. They should review this skirmish.
  • Options
    midoritlmidoritl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It must be too easy. Last queue popped us in without a healer. Made it to the giants but then you know the rest lol. Really felt like insult compounded on injury (pun intended).
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I PUDged this with 4 people after someone disconnected, so it is not impossible. Still it IS really tedious, and I don't even want to think how many pots i used.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Played it last week with my new CW. Of course i was doing control. It wasn't easy but clearly it's doable. Hard content requires people to adapt, think and improve their builds. If you fail and don't change anything, well, you may stop playing now anyway, because there are many harder instances. If your CW is dumb and trying to dps, and if your healer doesn't heal and didn't use astral shield, well, expect a disaster, indeed.
  • Options
    wurstboiwurstboi Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's a tough battle, but managable. I can't imagine anyone playing it again though. Winning strategy was already posted - separate and kill the lower giants one after the other.

Garrundar is hard, if you can't control/separate the Mystics. Unprepared parties will die. I did it like 4 times with my rogue yesterday. Only once we quit, because 2 GWFs couldn't separate the Mystics and were DPSing trash adds... Other 3 plays worked very smooth. So people seem to know what to do already.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The skirmishes are oddly balanced. The L60 skirmish takes longer than some of the epic dungeons(without "speedrunning").
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    sh4dowrunn3rsh4dowrunn3r Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There is built in exploits you're supposed to use as intended by developers.
  • Options
    gregj7gregj7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I wouldn't really call Battle for the Bridge "designed." It's not the level stated for it. We weren't prepared for it. How would I know? I burned a ton of potions and injury kits, as we all did. I like challenging, even hard, content, but this wasn't that. It was just a half hour for me to find out about content that I will make sure to never do again and advise others the same.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Part of the reason for the poor 50+ skirmishes (and dungeons) is because prior to Open Beta they weren't accessible from what I recall at least during BW 1-3 (but hey I could be wrong) so I'm not really sure how much testing was done. I can only hope they run metrics on every encounter to graph number of attempts, number of wins, number of the group just giving up, etc., and balance things if they aren't at that baseline they want. Similar to what was done with Lair of the Mad Dragon. At least the non-Epic version anyway.

Skirmishes should be fun and sure even challenging. BftB is just tedious and not fun. People only do it a single time just to cross it off their achievement list. If they are lucky that is. I wonder how many just say heck with it and move on. Abberant Assault is nearly as bad when it comes to not being fun. Most others are fine although Garrunder skirmish really needs to be fixed so that Mystics can't get stuck under the world even if they haven't been punted off the edge.
  • Options
    morfeddmorfedd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Takes a while, but the secret is patience. If you pull all three giants at once they will stomp you. Pull the lower level giants individually. Focus on killing adds while slowly whittling down the giant. Pull the big guy after you've killed the smaller giants. Win. Pretty basic boss strat. If the tank rushes in to grab all 3 giants, just hang back and let him die... He will learn.
  • Options
    drsconedrscone Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    rapticor wrote: »

Skirmishes should be fun and sure even challenging. BftB is just tedious and not fun. People only do it a single time just to cross it off their achievement list. If they are lucky that is. I wonder how many just say heck with it and move on. Abberant Assault is nearly as bad when it comes to not being fun. Most others are fine although Garrunder skirmish really needs to be fixed so that Mystics can't get stuck under the world even if they haven't been punted off the edge.

What's wrong with Aberrant Assault? It's not particularly hard, as long as everyone knows to ignore the last boss until his bodyguard has been chopped. And for the CWs and DCs to stay out of range of his super sucky smash power :) Having said that it's clearly not popular any more cos I have been able to join a PuG for it for days.
    Tele Savalas, Dwarf Thaumaturge CW
    Putting the Buff into Debuff since 2013 \o/ (Does that even make sense)?
  • Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I dont think that there is anything really wrong with Aberrant Assault. The real problem I see with it is that its the ONLY skirmish on the list after level 60. You also don't really get much from it during DD.

Back to BftB. Oh man, that was a real eye opener the first few times I tried it. Yeh, that one was on my bucket list and finally got past it in a PUG when leveling an alt character. That one I will never forget.

Oh and the one with the Mystics, as long as your team kills the Mystics one by one as soon as they show, you will be fine.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    drscone wrote: »
    What's wrong with Aberrant Assault? It's not particularly hard, as long as everyone knows to ignore the last boss until his bodyguard has been chopped. And for the CWs and DCs to stay out of range of his super sucky smash power :) Having said that it's clearly not popular any more cos I have been able to join a PuG for it for days.

Aberrant Assault is fine. I did it on my GF without a DC in the party and it wasn't particularly painful, although having two CW helped a lot.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    drscone wrote: »

I didn't state it was hard.. Just that it was not fun. Which it isn't. I really don't even think it fits the "skirmish" format that most of the others follow. I know I haven't bothered doing it in a couple months now.

Considering the wait times you get when you queue up for it, along with the fact that it's the only skirmish available at 60, just shows you how far the developers missed the mark on this one. People would rather just spend their time elsewhere.

Although maybe more people would do it if there was a daily for it. No idea why level 60s don't get a Daily Skirmish.
  • Options
    pointman1921pointman1921 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Welp, I was just in a group that downed the event. I am 57, but the group was 55-57. Our makeup was 55 Tank, 56 healer, 57 rogue (me) 55 rogue, and a 56 gwf (whatever the 2h guy is).
    I have no recollection from the first two fights. Maybe died 4 times total during those. Something about a floating baddie and some adds.. honestly, cannot remember.. that's because of the anger that came from the final encounter. It's mind-erasing.
    This was a first time for everyone (pug group). We ran in and all died within about 6 seconds.
    The entire floor was red. Then adds everywhere, teleporting around. Being annoying and hard to kill. It was one of those "try to see the adds through all the bosses" moments (3 ginormous bosses stomping around everywhere). We realized that some of them were dying, but as a rogue, I can't see any life bar except the boss unless I pan the camera straight up and miss the red death all over the floor. So I picked one and stuck with it. We finally dropped the boss to 50% life and he managed to wipe us. This is where the fun began.
    Since we were all out of the room, he regen'd all his HP and started new. This made my job suck. When everyone was running back (slowly because of injuries) I had to mount up and keep the boss entertained until the rest of the group showed up. I died a total of 22 times while spamming potions the entire time. Most of them were from the adds and trying to take them off the healer. This run cost a lot for me, but we made it. Killed him and nothing special dropped :( I won't be doing this again, but it did make for a pretty decent story lol.
    So all in all, this can be done by low level character. But you need dedicated people, a decent strategy, and definitely some know-how. I really do think a CW would have made our life 1000x easier on the adds. Good luck if you try it.
  • Options
    tiberios23tiberios23 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    unixor wrote: »
    Why do I get a feeling that you've never done Battle for the Bridge skirm? It's NOT DOABLE :D
    i just finished it 4 ppl kill the lavamasters from range where they cant attack u and go in and drop the big 1 to the cliff since he aint immune to cc
  • Options
    silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    i didi it with a pug it was complictaed we die likr 5 times but you need to have 2 tanks one in each giant avoid red circles XD
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    For the final phase with 3 giants up,

Tip 1: this skirmish is much easier with one or more CW.
    Tip 2: the CW(s) can kill the giants from a distance through the "door".
    Tip 3: the boss is not immune to CC.

If any adds come through the door, the rest of the group can just burn them down.

Alternatively, if you have a pro healer, high dps and one good CW for the adds, you can just burn all the giants down in melee range. But this is not a typical pug.
  • Options
    zalcszalcs Banned Users Posts: 345 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    lol, i remember that skrim, was some crazy **** :p Also the dragon-skirmish in that pirate map, with the cleric adds spamming 80% hp heals
This discussion has been closed.