What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.22

Comments

• Options
    tolnedratolnedra Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    'They have done a very good job of creating a game that does justice to the tabletop experience.'

You lost me there. There is no roleplaying. There is no characterization. Every character is the exact same, especially at Epic Level. This game is not even close to being akin to the tabletop experience, it is a pure grind and numbers MMO. Now, I'm not saying that the game sucks as a result, and I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with that if that's what you want, but I'm sick of people deluding themselves and others that this is anything other than World of Warcraft meets Champions Online.

Neverwinter Nights, Baldurs Gate, Icewind Dale, Temple of Elemental Evil- Much more authentic? Sure. Neverwinter? Not a chance- and that's fine, it's a different sort of game.

I say it recreates tabletop experience well, because you do have to look out for traps, if you do more than just follow the glittery paths there are interesting things to find. I recently had an experience where i jumped off side of stairway instead of going all the way down it, landed in front of what appeared to be a wall hanging, 4 mobs ran thru it and attacked me. Turned out to be a drape covering a hallway, i went exploring killed the mobs in area and got a chest with a pretty good item. you have to look out for traps at all times, and if you pay attention you can see alot of them. i hit one room with saw blade traps in floor all over instead of standing and fighting i ran zigzaging between traps and let the traps kill all the mobs in the room for me. All these things take me back to the tabletop days.
  • Options
    broomahbroomah Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guys and girls please calm your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> down and remember that the game is still BETA. You can expect bugs every corner. I get nerveous sometimes too but I keep in mind that the game is still beta and this is normal. Stop qq-ing and if you don't like seeing bugs in a beta version (which is absolutely normal) just leave the game and wait for the official release with no or less bugs. I don't want to hate anyone, I'm just showing the facts.
  • Options
    kashimaa1kashimaa1 Member Posts: 104
    edited May 2013
    Beta .. Beta .... Shut up sheeps.
    They earn a massive amount of money with this "beta".
    Now ppl one shotting + resetting the end-end boss and crush the economy in no time.
    this is this kind of bug/exploit where serious gaming companys would shut the server down until its fixed even if this would be labeled as RC. Even if it takes a week.

Get the server down and fix your ****!

i dont know this company here but i lost faith very soon, lol.
    - the zen prices are insane! Respec 6
  • Options
    paragon33paragon33 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Quit defending them... Its not fast enough.
    you guys obviously have not seen the pics of fully expanded banks and bags full of Tier waiting for auction. Pvp/T1 already worth <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> now because of saturation. T2 already started.
    Keep defending them... There wont be a game in a month because this will depreciate the content and gear (already has).
    The content will now become stagnant to the bulk of player base x3 as fast. Nothing will have any real value either... Other then oh yeah then Zen market...
    Its not just gear, assets for professions also have been flooded.
    Im glad some of you can now afford things you don't think you could ever get. But your asking for a ghost town in a month.

The gear should if at all immediately be retagged as BoP...

Any game that has people braggin about cheating, having tanks running around one shotting bosses, and people openly creating Afk Pvp teams in chat and nothing being done about it is a very bad sign. The same people that run the servers are not the same ones working on patches. They are not policing their own security at all...

How anyone can even defend it is beyond me; I want the game to last.. You probably just want to keep your edge.

..And oh yeah lets not forget the best part... 80% of this freaking gear was exploited o.0
    Whats wrong with you people; its the same as duping items...

Any serious MMO would have shut the game down for emergency patching... These guys do nearly nothing... They would also do roll backs...

Only thing that can save this game; as in (since its still apparently beta) is to Rollback and refund all Zen. (It will go right back into the market.) Give people free compensation Zen also... (not AD).
    Did a child make this game?

Dont do this and...? You dried your game up before release was even put on it...

You cant possibly be standing up for the game otherwise the logic of it would get through your dense brain.

You just don't want to lose what you cheated for...
  • Options
    dramdrumdramdrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    Wot, no fix for the real exploits????

LOL, just lol...
  • Options
    paragon33paragon33 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    broomah wrote: »
    Guys and girls please calm your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> down and remember that the game is still BETA. You can expect bugs every corner. I get nerveous sometimes too but I keep in mind that the game is still beta and this is normal. Stop qq-ing and if you don't like seeing bugs in a beta version (which is absolutely normal) just leave the game and wait for the official release with no or less bugs. I don't want to hate anyone, I'm just showing the facts.

lol great great...
    So with this logic this game wont even make release...
    People would have quit playing before the announcements even made...
    Because in a couple days t2 will be selling for anywhere from 4-15k AD a piece...
    Do you not know what that means? People already cant move Pvp/T1 because of saturation.

Wake up...

Long term is being cannibalized and content will be stagnant because everyone has access to best gear in game in a week from now before they are even 60 lol... And its not even been a MONTH for public access...

Ask yourself why are they not at least making it BoP; this way it freezes to all the exploiters accounts and no one suffers...? They are doing nothing...
    This would mean anyone who has legit gear losses nothing; but the exploiters farmed gear becomes vendor trash... The only way we're hurt is if they DON'T do that..

I want the game to succeed not fail... Im not a doomsayer QQing nor are the others. You on the other hand are a sheep... You merely defend without realizing the trouble coming.

Many of us have years (over a decade) of experience in MMOs.. From being in development or in Betas before they even had betas for public. This isn't about the economy; this is about how they just gave away everything thats meant to take time... I.e for a huge majority of the player base; their entire content. I don't get why you people dont see how much damage this will cause to the game...not the economy; thats already screwed. Might as well let people buy **** off vendors for free at this point.

You say, "its just beta" lol... well the just gave away the entire game before release. (The longevity that is...)

This is such a good game :/

I beseech Admins to reply in a post somewhere; admit somethings wrong...Or tell us you have a plan.
    Other then its being looked at or worked on; meanwhile its still happening... I mean common.
    Dont keep closing threads and moving them.
    These posts are not coming from trolls or QQ'rs. Its coming from the people who want more then anything for you to succeed with this Gem...
    Rather then repeat of the parent companies butchery of their infamous content.

Common...
  • Options
    hexagarhexagar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    Purples are BoE so u need AD to buy them... If u don't exploit u can only make around 30 k max
    So in order to buy those shiny purples u need more AD.. We all know that u can
    Exchange AD to ZEN so the whole thing with BoE is a really nasty way for PW to make some more money .
    If that's not the case then the whole system is plain <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ..
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    paragon33 wrote: »
    The content will now become stagnant to the bulk of player base x3 as fast. Nothing will have any real value either... Other then oh yeah then Zen market... Its not just gear, assets for professions also have been flooded.
    Im glad some of you can now afford things you don't think you could ever get. But your asking for a ghost town in a month.

Saying "nothing will have any real value" is saying that you want a bigger slice of the cake. You want to sell items for more, you want to get more AD from the bulk of the players, and you want your investment to be worth more. What else could you mean, considering that the amount of AD in the game is NOT affected by any of those exploits? The cap is still there. Existing AD only pool in the accounts of marginally fewer people. If there are fewer AD around (people quitting, getting banned, etc.), then all it does is increase the Zen value of the 24k AD per day.

Drops sell for less, true, but they also cost less to buy, so instead of one person being willing to buy a piece of gear at 200k AD, maybe there are now two who are willing to spend 100k. Plus, this would happen anyway, maybe a month or three later than it does now. But the outcome is exactly the same, because more people will have access to all the content and fewer people will need to buy gear.

As for the assets, you know who is hurt by that? Not you. Only PWE. You can't craft uncommon/rare/very rare assets from white ones, so without this exploit there would have been an incentive to buy the packs at 1600 Zen. That is not the case now. It takes time to convert them, but all those green and blue assets will eventually turn into purple ones. (People who buy purple assets are short sighted.)
    You just don't want to lose what you cheated for...

Doesn't apply to everyone. I haven't used any of those exploits and I haven't sold or bought any T2 gear. In fact, all I do lately is level up alts and do foundries. The few pieces of T2 gear I have on my main character are all self-found. You see, you can actually choose to not be affected by the gear-relate exploits. I use what I find, I don't buy gear. So, does it matter to me if everyone else has the stuff or that it's cheap/expensive? Nope. Plus, this situation (gear saturation) would have happened anyway, just a little later.

New tiers and new content will eventually make this a non issue, too. Sure, you can make a case and say that people who exploited this have enough AD/Zen to buy whatever. And so what? The size of their bank doesn't affect me. Maybe they stocked up on wards and now have the best enchants. Good for them. Doesn't affect my game experience, though, because I don't group with them anyway. It will make it easier for them to progress in T4+, but again, that is irrelevant because I don't buy equippable gear. THAT is how you make the game last.

I do agree that these bugs and exploits need to be dealt with, and the people who exploited them for profit should probably get banned (if only to discourage the exploitation of future bugs), but this gloom and doom stuff is overly dramatic and fails to take some of what I wrote above into account. It's not the end of the world. It's a chance to shift your perspective.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipes won't solve exploits, people will just try to exploit again and it'll start all over.

Bugs like these should be fixed asap and people who are caught being exploiters banned, but don't become terrorists just because of this. Honestly, I don't know how half the exploits work... Because I don't care. I don't know how the GF does zillion damage (must be with some feat tinkering or a specific combo) - but don't tell me, because I couldn't care less - . I don't do PvP and this game isn't well designed to it anyway...

Most of the threads I'm reading lately are of the sort "purge this game with fire or I shall never return". And a good policy is to never negociate with terrorists. Specially people who threaten with chargebacks... Come on, the Founder AD complain is beyond hypocrite: if you think that it was a bad idea, why did you buy the Founder's pack in the first place? Wasn't it obvious that free cash would cause inflation? Duh.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    nigeltwilightnigeltwilight Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    " a) the AD costs for upgrades, feat respecs, etc are relatively (compared to the 24k AD cap) too expensive.
    b) the fusing chance of 1% past rank 5 (or 6?) is unreasonably low. "

this guys close to the mark here, i mean really 37 k AD's just to change the appearance of a cloak ( thats change it, not buy a wizzbang new one) so ya dont look like every other character of the same race/class is just outrageously greedy !!
    and the afk pvp xp farmers spamming the chat with..... LF1 more for afk pvp farming, huge xp easy....... why aren't the chats monitored once in a while? the farming in pvp can be fixed very simply, i.e....... stop rewarding the vanquished team with huge incentives to keep on exploiting and being really bad sports !!! if you keep letting that go on, the lunatics will take over the assylum and set the price for better items which are required ( "looking for lvl60 cleric, must have gearscore of 9.5. for epic dungeon run") gosh, its not rocket science and you dont need to be sigmund freud to know thats what will happen, *rolls eyes and sighs* well sadly i guess its begun already :(

this could be a really great game if you stop the few dicks from spoiling it for the majority of players who just want to have a fun time with their friends and make even more friends, while playing in an updated D&D setting, i have played everyday since its launch and can see the normal decent players in a rush to keep/catch up instead of having a relaxed fun time exploring the world of Neverwinter which you have fashioned so well,
  • Options
    dataloss1dataloss1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For all of you saying this 5% of the people farming and making huge amounts of AD not affecting you. It will, for example when you need one of those coalescent Wards to get your armor/weapon enchantments. Because the 5% have an obscene amount of AD due to all the exploiting they did they are going to cost so much AD that you normal people who "dont care" wont be able to buy them.

That will apply to any item you might need that there isnt very many of. since the 5% will pay whatever price they feel like cause they have so much AD it will ust keep driving the price up.

oh and also, for those of you using "its beta" for an excuse. So what you are telling me its ok to have bugs now because at release there will be no more bugs? There will be no new content after release because if they released new content there would probably be bugs. But bugs onlyhappen in "beta".

For all intents and purposes, the game is out. Real money is being used, characters will not be wiped. "Beta" is just an excuse for you people that conform to anything the man says.
  • Options
    rolandaisrolandais Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Deal, Beta, grow up, and come back later.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    we are dealing with it rolandais my friend, its called feedback, you deal with it matey
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    seems we've found a "farmer" rotfl
  • Options
    marineusmcrhmarineusmcrh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    Bleh that sucks
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=98633707&dateline=1368527786
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    dataloss1 wrote: »
    For all of you saying this 5% of the people farming and making huge amounts of AD not affecting you. It will, for example when you need one of those coalescent Wards to get your armor/weapon enchantments. Because the 5% have an obscene amount of AD due to all the exploiting they did they are going to cost so much AD that you normal people who "dont care" wont be able to buy them.

The value of the wards has an upper limit: 1000 Zen, because that is the price they cost in the Zen store. The AD/Zen exchange rate is dropping daily. Right now it is 360:1, so the AH price will not exceed 360k AD. In a few months, I predict we will see 250:1, so the highest price anyone has to pay for a ward will be 250k AD. In practice, it will be cheaper because many wards enter the game as praying rewards.

The number of wards offered in the AH is not negatively affected by the exploits. If the demand substantially outweighs the supply, then the AD prices for them will be so high that only a small number of players can afford them (but it will always be below the AD value that equals 1000 Zen). If the demand is not as high (because there is no actual need to have high end enchants, with the current content), then people with a lot of AD buying them will still not make them substantially more expensive because of saturation (the rich do not need an endless supply). In essence, wards will roughly cost the same, regardless of some people having too many AD now.

Furthermore, if drops sell for less because of the exploits, which they do, then the average non-cap AD income per person drops. In return, the lowers the AD/Zen exchange rate further (AD being worth more Zen), which in turn means the AD value of wards from the store decreases.

No matter how you look at it, it balances out or is what it would be anyway.

(But players who exploit(ed) these methods should still get banned, for a variety of reasons.)
  • Options
    scythic1233scythic1233 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's still beta.. stop... staaaahhhhp.
    Stop complaining about bugs during beta. That is the whole point. This is why they aren't calling it a release. So staaaahhhp.
  • Options
    thesilverfoxblthesilverfoxbl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ill appologise up front to those it does not affect or relate to..
    In regards to the people that moan about issues and cannot seem to see past thier own little problem (i.e. my mailbox is not working properly)
    People really need to look at this in the bigger aspect.
    How do i put this..
    How many patches have they done?
    How many faults have they fixed that are "big faults" i.e. ones that cause players playing issues?
    How many times are they there 24 hours something happens and the server crashes we get twitter updates straight away?
    Everywhere along the patch comments the twitter feed all you see it "GET IT SORTED GET IT SORTED FFS BLA BLA BLA" im sorry if you dont like what a beta is dont play..
    I'm a big avid gamer and have played a lot of betas that have been far worse than this and some which I think should still be in beta cos of the bugs in the game but thats what BETA is for its to get work round on bugs and give the developers time to sort out everything they can.
    They work really hard so a bit of appriciation please guys, 5 million people moaning that the AH or mail dont work isnt going to make them sort it faster if theres 1 person stating that theres a point in game that means you can expoit something it gets sorted first.. its called prioritizing work load.. if the people continually moaning cant understand what a beta is then go and read the OBT terms or the defination of a beta test. im sure they will be enlightening.
    Appologies up front if i offend anyone its not ment offensively but more of a LET PWE WORK ON THINGS.
    Sorry about that rant over
  • Options
    arngrim560arngrim560 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well i just want to say, We are playing a BETA, a couples of things are working bad or not working, but its a beta you know?, when things get fixed will no be a restart of nothing so nothing is lost.

"They are fixing a bug that makes getting the company less money" and people crying about this, lol??, the client its free, there are no subscriptions payment, no one force to pay nothing if you dont want it, and they are getting benefits with this system, its a COMPANY, do you think that his employers are working for free, for give us all entertainment because they love us?, take a look around and will see that money rules in this world, wellcome back to reality :=).

The game are going well, the things are doing good not perfect for sure but for free its going well, so please dont be hypocryte.
    If not, take a look around, diablo III really Pay to win with need to payment client, wow with susbcriptions and payment clients, and this game need to have his method of benefits, thats all.
  • Options
    bujahhbujahh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stop complaining, IT'S A BETA!!!! nuff said
  • Options
    snikkimansnikkiman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Calm the hell down people, the game is i BETA, and we all know it, how come you treat it as a fully developed game? Chill, there are probably a hell of a lot more to do than just fixing these thing, they will get to it, the Studio isn't that big either to address all the needs and wants of the entire community.
  • Options
    kashimaa1kashimaa1 Member Posts: 104
    edited May 2013
    beta.png
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kashimaa1 wrote: »
    beta.png

99 % of the forum population is in this picture , easily controlled by PWE .
  • Options
    jagelejagele Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And please, please remember that this is a BETA. Surely that means that the company is gonna find lots of little things to fix, not to mention the larger items that just can't be found while not actually playing the game. Devs, even if they play, fall into the trap of avoiding what they already know is not working correctly in order to find still more to fix. Cut them guyz some slack and realize the product is NOT finished yet (if it ever will be.) I've never played a single game where things don't pop up all the time and need fixing. Everquest II still has weekly fixes and it's over 5 years that I know of.
  • Options
    kysis020kysis020 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If it's beta why are people paying 200$ for a founder pack, and people buying zen , buying founder packs wich should all long gone from the website, still gaining money, but we get this, exploits like farming the pirate king, pvp afkers not getting kicked due inactivity and not gaining no glory from afking, balancing he skills, wich are seen unbalanced when pvping, yes out leveling a map area and not gaining acces to it anymore should be there, the add spawing are terrible it looks like a real **** bug, players are doing there best to finish a dungeon thats full of bugs, i respect everyone who finished those dungeons, make u guys very good but average players just cant do it, and with pugs its even more terrible,its beta yes but the money is flowing in harrd, players want that fire horse players want to pay the overpriced AD AH prices buy selling zen to AD ot selling zen items ingame with real money, and look what typ of patch notes we get.....
    Currently Playing Neverwinter Online

IGN: Obscura Rouge 60 , GS 9k

Handel @Kysis020
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kysis020 wrote: »
    If it's beta why are people paying 200$ for a founder pack, and people buying zen , buying founder packs

Perfectly normal. See DOTA2, see PoE, see WarZ, see many other online games. Not to mention the many games that are sold as "release" versions when they are barely alphas. Like Defiance, like Aliens.

I actually spent money on this game, and I'm happy with how quickly patches are released, and with how very playable the game is. I don't do the "it's a beta" thing, but then again, I fell through the floor in WoW for years, got feared into walls through four expansions, and had my class broken for two years. And that wasn't even a beta.
  • Options
    falcor13falcor13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is RELEASE fools!! They call it open beta so they have an excuse for the broken portions of the game.
  • Options
    teldarateldara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bujahh wrote: »
    Stop complaining, IT'S A BETA!!!! nuff said
    jagele wrote: »
    And please, please remember that this is a BETA. Surely that means that the company is gonna find lots of little things to fix, not to mention the larger items that just can't be found while not actually playing the game. Devs, even if they play, fall into the trap of avoiding what they already know is not working correctly in order to find still more to fix. Cut them guyz some slack and realize the product is NOT finished yet (if it ever will be.) I've never played a single game where things don't pop up all the time and need fixing. Everquest II still has weekly fixes and it's over 5 years that I know of.

FV2R4Za.png

Don't believe me? Check for yourself here: http://www.perfectworld.com/
  • Options
    lmn1182lmn1182 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does it matter if its Beta or not?

Do any of you not remember...well any other MMORPG release? World of Warcraft anyone? A game in its first few months that was consistently broken. Server and client crashes. Offline without notice or any sort of time frame fix. A broken AH that took months for them to fix and something that would randomly be shut down when it broke. Not a great deal of content. Falling through the world and not being able to spawn/respawn and having to wait for gm tickets.

That was a game people paid money for. This game is free, it will have bugs, it will have issues, it may lack content and things will probably not work but at the end of the day it is free for the majority of players. Deal with it.

At least Cryptic didn't do a STO with it, pay for the game, eagerly await the games arrival only to literally run out of content within 2-4 days. So far Cryptic have done a pretty good job delivering a game, a fairly basic one, that is interesting and worth playing.

If you come across a bug, exploit or otherwise report it in game and carry on. Or don't play it. If you have paid for a founders pack and are unhappy with the game, well that's life perhaps you should have waited to try it before investing in it.
  • Options
    lisnarilisnari Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They was asking in chat earlier for 2 DC's to farm with the exploit lol
This discussion has been closed.