test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.22

Comments

• Options
    kaydiechikaydiechi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    Kay's post is flawed and seems mostly concerned with his or her slice of the cake being smaller than he or she would like. This is also why you are annoyed: that YOU have to sell your stuff for less and can't get a bigger share. It's food envy, but there is actually enough food for everyone. Those people who would otherwise have spent 200k AD on a piece of armor can now get it for 20k AD. That leaves them with 180k AD they can spend on other stuff.

That is also an aspect Kay's post completely neglects: The majority of ADs already WAS going to a small subset of the community: those able to farm T2 instances. This exploit only made the subset even smaller (those who exploited bugs). But one thing didn't change: The vast majority of the AD in the economy was only held by a small minority of the player base. It is still that way now. The average player's average AD wealth isn't affected by this either way.

Ironically, having fewer AD in the economy is something that I think is a GOOD thing, because it actually increases the value (purchase power) of those 24k AD a day. It slows down the economy. If these players do get banned, then it stabilizes the economy further. If they don't, then they will spent their AD on something -- either Zen items or AH things. Either way, AD return to the economy or items do. It just isn't a big deal.

dude this post is so totally true, im not even going to deny it.

i really am not.

my pie slice is too small.

but my other point you're overlooking is that if:

profits are halfed, and prices are halfed, is all relative cost the same? nope, cause of AD sinks :(

respecing is 160k, removing a gem is 40-70k, transmuting an item is 100k, i hope now you see what i mean though specifically regarding the dropping AD, you're one of the only people who actually get it though. you're 100% right i want a bigger slice.

on a side note, i totally overlooked that, you're right. those 24k ad's will be better, just not good enough IMO
  • Options
    itsafactitsafact Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you realize that the largest amount of people who defend such bad patch practices are people who paid you'll realize that one thing TotalBiscuit said about paying costumers rationalizing their money's value.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    zxorn wrote: »
    If you think these exploits don't affect you at all. Lets go play an FPS. I'll go find an aim bot and we'll see how long you keep playing. T3 is used in PvP. Why would I invite a minimal GS player when I can invite the guy with all t3s and epic slot gems..

You are contradicting yourself. These exploits make T2/T3 items MORE ACCESSIBLE, which means MORE people can play on a level field, not only the few who either spend REAL cash to buy AD and then get the items at high prices, or the people who started early and power-leveled/farmed 12 hours a day. So if you want things to be more equal, this is all a good thing, because this exploit led to more top end weapons being in circulation, not fewer.

The PvP here is unrated. It's for fun only since there are no meaningful material rewards to be had. It is imbalanced in all sorts of ways, premades fight against random teams, some groups have a cleric and some don't, there is no gear check when teams are assembled, etc. Those are fundamental issues that have far more impact on the game than those exploits.

Mount speed? All of founders have a fast mount anyway. If more people have a fast mount, it again makes things more equal, not less.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    kinada350kinada350 Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    I'm still wondering two things.

1. What are the exploits they actually fixed. Neither quest would allow you to gain the reward multiple times no matter how many times you do the quests

and

2. Why do people keep claiming that various classes suddenly do millions of damage. If you want to discuss some OP junk at least explain yourself first but making **** up just to have something to complain about it annoying.
  • Options
    fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    itsafact wrote: »
    If you realize that the largest amount of people who defend such bad patch practices are people who paid you'll realize that one thing TotalBiscuit said about paying costumers rationalizing their money's value.

Yeah I'm starting to see that.
  • Options
    qualityplayerqualityplayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You are contradicting yourself. These exploits make T2/T3 items MORE ACCESSIBLE, which means MORE people can play on a level field, not only the few who either spend REAL cash to buy AD and then get the items at high prices, or the people who started early and power-leveled/farmed 12 hours a day. So if you want things to be more equal, this is all a good thing, because this exploit led to more top end weapons being in circulation, not fewer.

The PvP here is unrated. It's for fun only since there are no meaningful material rewards to be had. It is imbalanced in all sorts of ways, premades fight against random teams, some groups have a cleric and some don't, there is no gear check when teams are assembled, etc. Those are fundamental issues that have far more impact on the game than those exploits.

Mount speed? All of founders have a fast mount anyway. If more people have a fast mount, it again makes things more equal, not less.

The cat-man has a point.
  • Options
    qualityplayerqualityplayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    kaydiechikaydiechi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited May 2013

this is also true, im not totally against the accessability of items, im against the amassed wealths of the exploiters who got to it quickly and now have purchasing power that will let them buy small villages with their spare change.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kinada350 wrote: »
    I'm still wondering two things.

1. What are the exploits they actually fixed. Neither quest would allow you to gain the reward multiple times no matter how many times you do the quests

and

2. Why do people keep claiming that various classes suddenly do millions of damage. If you want to discuss some OP junk at least explain yourself first but making **** up just to have something to complain about it annoying.

because detailing it specifically is grounds to be banned on the forums.

ill just show you some videos instead. http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?218241-So-I-crit-for-181-million-damage-on-my-Tiefling-Control-Wizard-in-PvP/page2 and theres a GWF and GF one
  • Options
    fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

A good thing? you serious.. So it's a good thing removing thousands of million AD from the system. Leaving the market broken so it won't function correctly. How will people be able to acquire the hundreds of thousands AD that's recquired to enchant your gear and companions, or be able to buy cosmetic and convenience items from the cash shop with only a small cap of AD you can get each day.. hmm.. With AH prices as low as 5-15k it'll be really, really hard.. I guess people that want faster mounts will have to pay $40 because getting those 2,8 million AD will take a year or so with the current market.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kaydiechi wrote: »
    on a side note, i totally overlooked that, you're right. those 24k ad's will be better, just not good enough IMO

So the actual problem is not the exploits and 1% (instead of 5%) of the players having 90% of the AD, but that:

a) the AD costs for upgrades, feat respecs, etc are relatively (compared to the 24k AD cap) too expensive.
    b) the fusing chance of 1% past rank 5 (or 6?) is unreasonably low.

I agree with both. But those are different issues, you see. The exploits just highlighted them because more of the ambitioned players who care about these things (especially enchants) are now faced with them, but the large majority of the players always had these issues, before and after the exploits.
  • Options
    novoihelvettinovoihelvetti Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    Only reason the profession box farm was fixed with priority is company greed. Peoples farmed their assets instead of buying the overpriced boxes from zen store.

Fixing the true gamebreakers seems to have secondary value for PWE
  • Options
    beanyundeadbeanyundead Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the patch! Slow and steady is fine by me. My opinion is that we should be patient with regards to the patching of Neverwinter. This free game that is in its beta is not perfect but it is loads of fun and this patch addresses a major issue. Others are sure to come as we progress towards release. So to add a less detailed and a little more positive note: thanks PW. Keep it up :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Just a side note here: We don't know for sure if nothing else was fixed. We only know that nothing else was mentioned in the patch notes.

They did not mention every exploit fix before, either (like the one where you could level to 60 in an hour -- that one had been fixed the next morning, but there was no mention of it in the patch notes).
  • Options
    noshiznoshiz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    Just play de dam*n game
    fs_49316d8a5de21281b0f4fc8f0089006b.png
  • Options
    arkhainnarkhainn Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is also true, im not totally against the accessability of items, im against the amassed wealths of the exploiters who got to it quickly and now have purchasing power that will let them buy small villages with their spare change.

As imivo pointed out (and he/she/it seems to be, from all my lurking across multiple threads, one of maybe five players, if that many, who actually understand how this economy works, instead of basing it on false assumptions like most people new to PWE/Cryptic games) this has zero negative impact on you, me, or the economy at large. Founder Pack ADs were needed to jumpstart the economy - from PWE's perspective, its an incentive for people to buy ADs cheaply and either hold on for future investment, or willy nilly dump it on AD sinks.

Apart from the jumpstarted AD, the economy is capped at the 24k ADs refined per character per day. What does that mean? As ADs are bled out of the system, either by hoarding (gold selling sites included) or by sinking, the Zen/AD ration starts to shift - less supply of ADs on the market makes those 24k/day worth more in Zen. This is what's happening now, exploits or not, and the ratio of Zen/AD shifted from 1:500 to (currently) 1:365 or so. From my experience on previous games, it tends to stabilize at around 1:250.

As more people play longer, and start using the 24k cap fully (not quite possible at lower levels), people start accumulating more AD, supply increases and, as soon as there's a compelling reason to convert those AD into Zen, say, by some new release of costumes, mounts, lockboxes or what-have-you, the hoarded AD floods back into the market and is devalued, prices shoot up again to 1:350 - 1:450. Thus that hoarded AD is bled out of the system, AD becomes scarcer again, market re-estabilizes at a lower rate, rinse-repeat.

The economy is self-sustained. What could, and should, be reviewed is the amount of AD required for certain AD sinks, such as removing enchantments, changing gear appeareance, respeccing feats, etc. This is what needs to be balanced, but at this point, the economy is too young for anyone to really hazard a guess as to if the values of AD for those things are fair and balanced or need to be adjusted one way or the other.

Just my two copper.
  • Options
    tolnedratolnedra Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bye!

You sound like someone who has never played any online game ever if you think these current issues are going to kill the game. Most likely all that will happen is that a few hundred no-lifers will whine for a few weeks until the issue is fixed and after that they will return and it will be business as usual.

99.9% of the people playing the game have no idea about these issues and most probably don't even care. I don't really care if some dude is making millions of AD, why would I? What does it matter to me? Do I care about the temporary details of the economy? Not really. Not that much. It's not like this is Diablo III where items are absolutely everything that is important about the game.

I mean it would be nice if they fixed it and all, don't get me wrong. But I'm not here to play a business simulator or no-life day in and day out looking for the nicest set of pixels to show off at random people.
    I'm here to enjoy the story content, maybe do a few easy quests with some friends. Do a foundry quest every now and again for fun and that's about it.

And this is what most players are likely to be doing as-well. Most people don't read the forums, don't look into bugs or exploits until they happen upon it themselves. Most people are blissfully unaware of the vast majority of issues with any game, because people just like to enjoy it without getting overly deeply involved.
    Just like most people don't care that a movie has plotholes or inaccuracies, most don't even notice until they read about it somewhere online.

I mean I can understand why the people who put money into the game are pissed - I totally get that. But to be honest, putting several hundred dollars into a Beta version of a F2P game. Well... that's just a whole set of crazy I probably will never understand.

Well... in any case. I hope they do fix the issues, but since the game is Beta technically their butts are covered and they don't have to do <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> if they don't want to. I'm sure they are working on it, but if it's not easy to fix, it's not easy to fix and no amount of speculation on our part will change anything anyway...

I'm off to, well. Just do some foundry quests for the fun storylines and mindless combat.

This guy is great, i totally agree. I have so many other things to do with my life than obsess over a game. I play for fun i don't earn any money from it. Yes i paid for a $60 founder pack, not for the AD but because i like the game and wish to support it. I was expecting a f2p but pay2win game and was completely astounded when i could earn AD and Zen ingame without dropping cash. Which btw is when i decided to drop cash LOL!

For all you whiny twits, crying and moaning over what ISN'T getting fixed, consider this. How many games have you seen that have been getting patched DAILY sometimes multiple times in one day. I would say that the devs are busting their asses.

I am 35 back in my mid teens to mid 20's i played tons of D&D mostly 2nd ed, when d20 dropped i quit buying don't like that system, here is my point. They have done a very good job of creating a game that does justice to the tabletop experience. It is Open Beta here is why, game is NOT complete, there is no sorcerer class, there is no ranger/archer class, there is no paladin class, there are no multiclass options, monk/unarmed??? I think they have been really smart in how they have done it. Drop the basic necessities for group play, (tank,dps,heal,stealth,mage) find the balancing points, tweak as needed, which also gives them an idea how to set specs on upcoming classes, while at the same time they are working on repairing ingame issues. I'm sure in less than a week there will be another big patch come out that addresses numerous items and hopefully ads a new class or race or both. Game should remain in "Open Beta" until all the classes and races are filled out by which time most of the bugs will be worked out.

IMO devs are doing good job

Peter
  • Options
    tyestortyestor Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    open beta.

one patch note.
    Tyestor - Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer
  • Options
    marineusmcrhmarineusmcrh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    tolnedra wrote: »
    This guy is great, i totally agree. I have so many other things to do with my life than obsess over a game. I play for fun i don't earn any money from it. Yes i paid for a $60 founder pack, not for the AD but because i like the game and wish to support it. I was expecting a f2p but pay2win game and was completely astounded when i could earn AD and Zen ingame without dropping cash. Which btw is when i decided to drop cash LOL!

For all you whiny twits, crying and moaning over what ISN'T getting fixed, consider this. How many games have you seen that have been getting patched DAILY sometimes multiple times in one day. I would say that the devs are busting their asses.

I am 35 back in my mid teens to mid 20's i played tons of D&D mostly 2nd ed, when d20 dropped i quit buying don't like that system, here is my point. They have done a very good job of creating a game that does justice to the tabletop experience. It is Open Beta here is why, game is NOT complete, there is no sorcerer class, there is no ranger/archer class, there is no paladin class, there are no multiclass options, monk/unarmed??? I think they have been really smart in how they have done it. Drop the basic necessities for group play, (tank,dps,heal,stealth,mage) find the balancing points, tweak as needed, which also gives them an idea how to set specs on upcoming classes, while at the same time they are working on repairing ingame issues. I'm sure in less than a week there will be another big patch come out that addresses numerous items and hopefully ads a new class or race or both. Game should remain in "Open Beta" until all the classes and races are filled out by which time most of the bugs will be worked out.

IMO devs are doing good job

Peter

Well said buddy.
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=98633707&dateline=1368527786
  • Options
    syst1syst1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Open beta = a time for finding all those missed bugs that weren't caught in closed beta.

Most games have open beta weekends where you get to play for three days, then they don't let you play for 2 weeks, rinse and repeat till they feel its ready.

I like that you listened to peeps saying that the game is playable and to leave it up while you work out the final bugs.

I for one don't mind missing a couple hours even if its during primetime....
    Please don't go back to the old style of beta testing.
    The game is playable so leave it up and ignore the "I need a perfect game" comments, they are probably new to the beta testing scene and wont appreciate what your doing yet, or may have even ignored the beta part altogether and just said " OOOHHH SHINEY".

Silly Trolls..
  • Options
    boudebaboudeba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LoL! So many people whining...First it's beta and its only has been out for 2 weeks. And secundo it's the end of the weekend, thats mean they're probly only 2-4 devs working on overtime during today(sunday) when us we played they're game because we dont work during the weekend.
  • Options
    marineusmcrhmarineusmcrh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    Game is back online btw :)
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=98633707&dateline=1368527786
  • Options
    kinada350kinada350 Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013

ill just show you some videos instead. http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?218241-So-I-crit-for-181-million-damage-on-my-Tiefling-Control-Wizard-in-PvP/page2 and theres a GWF and GF one

Thank you that was what I was looking for essentially. That is certainly easy to bandaid if they think the set bonus is the cause. Also "you don't talk about fight club" is not an effective way to fight exploits and actually makes the forums far less useful.

Still wondering what the issue was with the tradeskill bag and the "haha this ones only 12 slots this time FU go buy one for 10$" bag since you could only get them once and the latter is bound.
  • Options
    muramasaedgemuramasaedge Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    'They have done a very good job of creating a game that does justice to the tabletop experience.'

You lost me there. There is no roleplaying. There is no characterization. Every character is the exact same, especially at Epic Level. This game is not even close to being akin to the tabletop experience, it is a pure grind and numbers MMO. Now, I'm not saying that the game sucks as a result, and I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with that if that's what you want, but I'm sick of people deluding themselves and others that this is anything other than World of Warcraft meets Champions Online.

Neverwinter Nights, Baldurs Gate, Icewind Dale, Temple of Elemental Evil- Much more authentic? Sure. Neverwinter? Not a chance- and that's fine, it's a different sort of game.
  • Options
    sodomo90sodomo90 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wow at all the kids raging so hard ITT. Why don't you guys just hop on over there, and fix all these bugs for them since they apparently are simple fixes. It's an OBT release the **** do you expect to see. Sad really seeing all the (T^T) from people born in the mid 70's and early 80's. ****ing play or don't play. They aren't forcing you to ****ing play. On a side note inb4 98% of the people that are crying about wasting money on the game probably haven't even spent a dime on it, but just want to feel special acting like they did.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kinada350 wrote: »
    Thank you that was what I was looking for essentially. That is certainly easy to bandaid if they think the set bonus is the cause. Also "you don't talk about fight club" is not an effective way to fight exploits and actually makes the forums far less useful.

Still wondering what the issue was with the tradeskill bag and the "haha this ones only 12 slots this time FU go buy one for 10$" bag since you could only get them once and the latter is bound.

not my fault the sticky says if you detail how to recreate exploits you'll get banned, :(

also since its now patched, the bugwith the bag was that you can share the quest to somone who hasnt done it, and they coudl complete it and then you share it again, and again.. and again.. and so on.
  • Options
    tolnedratolnedra Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I think that they are mistaking 1 hit for millions of HP with the (admittedly odd game mechanic) of it totaling your consecutive hits. I have a GW if i hit a boss with only at wills say cleave for 1030hp 10x in a row without getting knock back or missing it shows my last hit as doing 10.3k. Which means they are griping about nothing so it is their understanding which is flawed not the game.....

EDIT.... ah I see, okie
  • Options
    anathmaanathma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just checked, the GF bug is not fixed. Not that I expected it to be since not in the patch notes, but yeah it isn't haha.

I sucks though for fair players because I started to gather that particular set of armor before I heard anything about the bug (I wont say which since I don't want to reveal exploit details).

I want to use the full set, but if I do, the game isn't fun anymore because I one-shot anything from a skeleton to a main boss. So I throw some different greaves on and use them until it is fixed, but still.

On the other hand all this whining about economics and currency is stupid I think. I'm having a blast playing.

To the post above me, no. Doing 10k damage with normal game mechanics is one thing. But I literally do hundreds of thousands of damage per swing if I have the full armor set on. Its a bug plain and simple, and I've reported it as such.
  • Options
    xblade7703xblade7703 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    FIRE CATCHER event in mnt hote is STILL broken!!!! come on MEOW.
  • Options
    telenfuimetelenfuime Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    robman1978 wrote: »
    Really? Really? REALLY?

That's it?

You are ONLY fixing two exploits that put money back into PW's pocket?

You are not fixing the useless pet AI? Panther *cough*
    You are not fixing the abysmally broken AH?
    You are not fixing the GF million damage exploit?
    You are not fixing the CW million damage exploit?
    You are not fixing all the broken spells/skills/feats for ALL classes?
    You are not fixing the AFK PVPers?
    You are not fixing the Cleric shield exploit?
    You are not fixing level scaling in PvP?
    You are not fixing the inability to go back to an area once you out leveled it?
    You are not fixing the XXXXXXX? I could go on and on, but why bother.
    It is obvious that you guys only care about Zen and anything that earns PW fast cash instead of how the game is handled.

Pathetic really...

I guess this shows where your priorities lie...

They are fixing any of these that are actual bugs as well, they just haven't fixed them yet. They are releasing bug fixes on an almost daily basis. Stop QQing that they are churning out fixes as quickly as they can.
This discussion has been closed.