Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.22

Comments

• Options
    zedfighterzedfighter Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    moltesse18 wrote: »
    hey guys remember that you are playing a BETA version of the Game... it is good to give them feed backs on what's to improve but we don't judge a game at its beta stage for it's bugs. i suggest we wait till the release and if the direction stays at prioritizing the Zen making broken mechanism at that point i'll be among the leavers...

Let me put a finer point on that for you.
    We are playing an "open beta" open betas are a representation of a quite near (99%) finished product with all fit and finish in place.
    This game should still be in closed beta, there can be no argument with that.
    Being released into open beta way before it's time is for one reason only, cash grab, that is all.
    At the current rate, the game would be in closed beta for another year, and that's to long and too costly for them.
  • Options
    isaiahlee1972isaiahlee1972 Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    teldara wrote: »
    FV2R4Za.png

Don't believe me? Check for yourself here: http://www.perfectworld.com/

Rofl.

Thank you for making it easy, although I am sure the sheep will still continue to claim its only beta.

I will be farming epics with my GF to sell at a later time, since our damage bug is still not fixed. Oh well, it's not like I didn't submit it as a bug multiple times.

They should just do a complete character wipe and get it over with. Give everyone a free item from the cash shop as a "sorry we screwed up so bad and there's a wipe now", but they won't.
  • Options
    davan9kdavan9k Member Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    ha thats it. thats the death of this game. no way they can fix this.
    http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/ - never(exploitfree)winter
  • Options
    paragon33paragon33 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ..again, "its only beta"
    In that case enjoy the game when its live because at this rate no one will be playing...
    Im not being a doomsayer, I love the game and was looking forward to a bright lengthy future...
    This is MMO logic 101; its all downhill. The fact they are not facing it; and continue to ignore and allow it is a bad sign.
    Talk up all you want how they are working on some huge updates in BG... What good will that do when people are already handing out Tier gear for free at that point; because thats how saturated its getting.
    T2 gear is still being farmed after patch and will be coming to an auction near you for 4-15k a piece.
    Profession assets have also been exploited.
    Outside of lvling (because thats no ones business) anything thats intended to take time is trivial now.
    You can have your endgame set before you're even 60 now. There will be nothing left to do....even for the casuals.
    Stop using the its only beta...
    Because unless they Roll back your only proving the point they are destroying the game before its even released. (even tho it *is *cough)

Because unless they have a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ton of content stashed away as a secret surprise its not looking good.

They had end game content; a decent bit and was a challenge; those saying it wasn't are the freaking exploiters lol.
    So we finally get a decent game and the team butchers it. What reality are they watching?
    Either those Zen wallets filling up or they are non existent. Because non of the focus is where it should be...
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    - ppl dont die.

Try some PvP.

- tanks are useless.

Read the GF guides in my signature and watch Envy's video.

- most of bosses can be bugged and killed easy.

Not true. Only some.

- cause of this auction house is dying.

Not at all the case. If anything, this stimulates the AH.

- soon all t2 gear on auction house.

Great for people who only need a couple items left, if they prefer to just get it. Has zero effect on me as I don't buy any gear from the AH.

- no end game bind on pick up.

This, too, is good. Allows free players to make AD and impatient people to buy gear. No wasted drops that are sold to vendors.

- rogues soloing buged bosses.

Nothing to do with rogues. CWs and GFs can solo bosses that are not bugged. That needs to be addressed.

- ppl kick guardian fighters gwf/s e.t.c cause they want 2 or 3 clerics.

Never seen that. Play with friends and guildies, or read the GF guide in my signature. Build your own groups.

- pvp afk groups made on zone chat.

Natural reaction to dying in PvP in a second, premades vs. randoms, no balanced teams, no gear checks. If PvP isn't fun, people find short cuts to get their daily quest done. Don't confuse the symptoms with the cause.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ppl kick guardian fighters

LOLWUT?

You do know GF's are currently (through an exploit) the hardest hitting and most reliable source of extreme damage in the game? I can solo anything, kill anything, and it only takes a few seconds.

Look at all the spam in /zone
    Most are looking for GF's and DC's to bug run Castle Never. If anything other classes are being left behind.

Right now the demand is like this:
    GF
    DC
    CW

everything else

When they fix the damage and shield exploits that are at the root of the problem, the groups should once again even out.
  • Options
    paragon33paragon33 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    - ppl dont die.

Try some PvP.

- tanks are useless.

Read the GF guides in my signature and watch Envy's video.

- most of bosses can be bugged and killed easy.

Not true. Only some.

- cause of this auction house is dying.

Not at all the case. If anything, this stimulates the AH.

- soon all t2 gear on auction house.

Great for people who only need a couple items left, if they prefer to just get it. Has zero effect on me as I don't buy any gear from the AH.

- no end game bind on pick up.

This, too, is good. Allows free players to make AD and impatient people to buy gear. No wasted drops that are sold to vendors.

- rogues soloing buged bosses.

Nothing to do with rogues. CWs and GFs can solo bosses that are not bugged. That needs to be addressed.

- ppl kick guardian fighters gwf/s e.t.c cause they want 2 or 3 clerics.

Never seen that. Play with friends and guildies, or read the GF guide in my signature. Build your own groups.

- pvp afk groups made on zone chat.

Natural reaction to dying in PvP in a second, premades vs. randoms, no balanced teams, no gear checks. If PvP isn't fun, people find short cuts to get their daily quest done. Don't confuse the symptoms with the cause.

...we know, we know, and Obama has saved the world and the economy...

He missed a few... But over all is correct. Stop buttering @#$! up..
    Major issues...
    Not understanding why the gear thing is bad is a major problem... its not about the economy per say; its about trivializing content, greatly shortening its lifespan and usefulness... cannibalizing yourself and the future of the game. BoP wasn't created for no reason. Your on the take I can smell it... You just don't want to lose your edge...
    Hows that Tier set GF bonus going for you as you get rich and ruin the game...
  • Options
    nonya65nonya65 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To the People that come in here Crying and Complaining about what you know has been addressed and what you don't know was addressed, as well as what is being addressed atm. You guys run around b*tch*ng and moaning and thinking PW and Cryptic have no clue as to what is going on in their own game, on their own servers ? Most of us that are playing Neverwinter at this point in the game are adults ( meaning over the age of 18,and between the ages of 18-60. But some are not necessarily Mature )
    These guys can read your chats, and tells. ( and they do, not everyone's though) They will Fix what they want to fix and when they want to fix it. And if there is ever an Exploit for Zen, well ALL their Games and Servers Will be Down without warning for and Emergency FIX, Its a Business for PW and Cryptic and for the players it's a game.
    So send in your bug reports,exploits and what ever else you think is broken or you would like fixed/changed and or added to the game. the Players don't get things their way until the game is about go under.
    So Support PW and Cryptic and Become a Hero of the North with a Neverwinter Founder's Pack!
    The Bottom Line is : This ain't their First rodeo. /Rant OFF
  • Options
    darkosx1darkosx1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    guys, its open beta. relax.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    paragon33 wrote: »
    Your on the take I can smell it... You just don't want to lose your edge... Hows that Tier set GF bonus going for you as you get rich and ruin the game...

My GF alt is level 42 or so, happily questing his way through the werewolf area. :p I haven't done any T2 dungeons on my wizard in a few days because I'm waiting for my guild members to level up.

You also contradict yourself. T2+ items being BoE makes them more accessible, not less, which means more people can farm them, which means they become even more available. Free players like you have been complaining about how the game is supposedly p2w. So now free players can sell surplus T2 items for AD and convert them to Zen, making everything in the cash store available to them, and once again, there are complaints. It seems to me that no matter what the situation is, there are people who will simply never be happy and always find fault. I'm all for the exploiters getting banned, just not because they flood the market with T2 items, but because there should be consequences for exploiting bugs for personal gain. The market would be flooded with T2 items within a month or two anyway.

The content is as trivial or as challenging as you want it to be. Personally, I do not buy any gear for my characters because that would get me closer to the point where I have "nothing to do". I'm mindful of that and so I just use gear that drops for me. You too have that option.

The value of this game is in the foundry. This is where long-term content will come from. The official PvE content will always be consumed in a relatively period of time.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    kiry3kiry3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    It is unfortunate that there wasn't much fixed this week. I'm starting to join the cast of many other clerics that are just flat out frustrated over the aggro issues. Fun factor is lowering..... :(
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kiry3 wrote: »
    It is unfortunate that there wasn't much fixed this week. I'm starting to join the cast of many other clerics that are just flat out frustrated over the aggro issues. Fun factor is lowering..... :(

If they start fixing stuff right now , you'll be one of the first people to cry about downtime .
  • Options
    arngrim560arngrim560 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lets read the official page:

Now in Open Beta Sign Up Now!!!

http://nw.perfectworld.com/
  • Options
    hirichiric Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Quests
    • The Clockwork Tomb and Doomguide's Duty quests have each had an exploit addressed.
    awdeoh wrote: »
    6f7d7db4_350x700px-LL-4ad90b08_Not-sure-if-serious2.jpeg

Well, at least a "we're currently working on all the issues you've found, but here's what we can fix at the moment, be patient" would actually have been nice to read ;)

I'm not losing the faith, but single-line updates are, well... I don't know.

Please surprise us with the next patch! ;)
    Topics: ▬► [FOUNDRY] [BUGS] Reference List and Workarounds

Modules:▬► "Mind Over Matter" NW-DNASR4HTL
    (beta v0.9 - improving dialogues, fine tuning encounters, 99% bug free)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hiric wrote: »

Please surprise us with the next patch! ;)

Don't know how they can surprise us with things like this being common now.
  • Options
    xiquatlexiquatle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    krzqc wrote: »
    *Calling VISA for a chargeback*

Thanks for the 1 week playing on "Deceive & Decoy : Neveronline". Last time on a PW game !

Ciao Nerds
    Hahah Wow players' reaction when when their favorite exploit is fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:cool: You lose!
  • Options
    xavrathxavrath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I agree that a lot of the criticism of the problems in Neverwinter is overblown, but there are some legitimate concerns. Some of them really do need to be made into a higher priority.

The bug that I really do not understand going this long is the inability to search the auction house properly. The auction house is a fundamental requirement for a vibrant game economy. The search problems are easy to fix. The search parameters are taken from the data entry screen, an SQL query is built from them and issued to the database server for the AH, the result comes back and is formatted onto the screen. This is a relatively trivial programming problem that has been solved hundreds of thousands of times in games and web sites. Any self-respecting developer should be able to fix this problem in less than an hour. The problem is obviously with the creation of the SQL query because the result set appears to be formatted on the screen properly.

Some of the class balance issues are serious. Some of the bosses are broke. Cryptic needs to understand that the cash cow ends if people start bailing on the game. Retaining the best part of the players is MUCH more important than worrying about getting a few new items into the online store! You can have as many items in the sore as you want and you still make nothing if there isn't a strong player base to buy them.
  • Options
    arcademasterarcademaster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nonya65 wrote: »
    You guys run around b*tch*ng and moaning and thinking PW and Cryptic have no clue as to what is going on in their own game, on their own servers ?

After over a year of witnessing their work in STO... yes I sadly have to conclude that. It would be pointless to list ten examples to someone who isn't deep into STO, but let's just say that while NW is just two weeks old, the company has a long tradition of terrible design decisions and a complete lack of understanding of their own game mechanics and more importantly how the community meta evolved, why it evolved and even what it currently is.
  • Options
    buldegradbuldegrad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    moltesse18 wrote: »
    hey guys remember that you are playing a BETA version of the Game... it is good to give them feed backs on what's to improve but we don't judge a game at its beta stage for it's bugs. i suggest we wait till the release and if the direction stays at prioritizing the Zen making broken mechanism at that point i'll be among the leavers...

They are simply using "Beta" as a cover-up and a shield to hide behind. How long are they going to use the "ahhh....but we are in Beta" excuse? Face it, the game is live. Unless they plan on doing character wipes and starting over, the game is live; and in the case that if they were to do a wipe and start fresh, they would have to refund everyone the Astral Diamonds / Zen that they have purchased since day 1.
  • Options
    gremio87gremio87 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Meanwhile the Guardian fighters with T2 gear run Castle Never and onehit everything.
    Nice farmfest, I do hope they will take the consequences but i doubt that.
    Just let them ruin the economy even more now.
  • Options
    mynameisbigrichmynameisbigrich Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zayndera wrote: »
    This is EXACTLY what I was afraid of! These game changing exploits need to be FIXED IMMEDIATELY! People in my guild are leaving EN MASSE because the queues are not working correctly (or are just not populated with enough leaders) and the frankly inadequate addressing of game changing exploits!

Just WOW!!! If the Guardian Fighter's exploit is going to be left in the game even longer, there better be PERMANENT BANS!!!

Dude, it's open Beta! Beta means in development... The game is in progress so people can play and you are crying like you used to when you were chastised for being the f***tard you probably are.
    It's free to play, so go somewhere else and don't spend your money. They'll come back because the game is like taking a big blast of crack and once you pop you can't stop...

GREAT GAME.. Good times... Little laggy, even on my $3,000 rig that I play on so it isn't my fault :)
    Love what you're doing.. Take your time and keep up the good work..

And if you're complaining, then maybe you should be spending more time trying to focus on life goals instead of threating to leave a Free to Play MMO. You are a hamster, you will eat the pellet, or you will be replaced by another hamster...:cool:
  • Options
    netrilusnetrilus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 148
    edited May 2013
    Please fix the Auction interface, as soon as possible!!! The Auction is the Core of the game, people will stay and will keep on playing and invest more money in the game if to go the Auction is an easy and comfortable experience, if not you will see many will leave the game.
    Thanks for reading
  • Options
    aeonaheartaeonaheart Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    Dude, it's open Beta! Beta means in development... The game is in progress so people can play and you are crying like you used to when you were chastised for being the f***tard you probably are.
    It's free to play, so go somewhere else and don't spend your money. They'll come back because the game is like taking a big blast of crack and once you pop you can't stop...

GREAT GAME.. Good times... Little laggy, even on my $3,000 rig that I play on so it isn't my fault :)
    Love what you're doing.. Take your time and keep up the good work..

And if you're complaining, then maybe you should be spending more time trying to focus on life goals instead of threating to leave a Free to Play MMO. You are a hamster, you will eat the pellet, or you will be replaced by another hamster...:cool:

Apparently you aren't familiar with Perfect World Entertainment games and their concept of what "Open Beta" means. After having several of their open betas under my belt, I can assure you this is NOT beta. This is final release. People who paid $200 USD to support this game have every right to feel ripped off about now. That means they have an IQ larger than yours. Stop being so apathetic toward others' problems and issues. Normal human beings feel empathy for others who are having difficulties. Paying customers have the right to complain when things are not right. That's just how life is and if you don't like that... too bad.
  • Options
    jurenaljurenal Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hippomouse wrote: »
    Can you please fix the cleric aggro bug!!! It is back with a vengeance!! Rogue hits mob for 4000 dmg, cleric does 400, mobs all come and get cleric.....eh????

Well, mobs got smart and kill Healers first ? Outstanding KI ! :p
  • Options
    tolnedratolnedra Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I love this, i'm playing on a 1.5 yr old $500 laptop and have had zero lag....that just makes me laugh!!!!

I'm admittedly a VERY casual gamer. I don't care about endgame, or AH. The content has been good enough for me. I explore every corner of every dungeon, i don't group, I don't buy equipment.

anyone ever hear the saying "It's better to apologize than ask permission" I'm betting when they get everything straitened out there will be a decision to "wipe" all past characters and return zen. Then all you whiners will have a bank full of Zen and can run your characters back to 60 in 12 hrs like you always will and I will just start a different character and go again. Imo a wipe will affect casual player like me more than the power levelers because i play 1-2 hrs 3 times a week if i'm lucky and takes me much longer to get where i am than you in real time. Imo all epic items should be BoP so they have to be earned not bought. Plus refunding Zen doesn't actually cost the company anything, it does allow you to spend the same money twice... Oh, my!!!

Peter
  • Options
    kahlushakahlusha Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kaydiechi wrote: »

FYI ... the CW gear has been fixed ... sooooo.... if your claim is that PW doesn't fix stuff . . .

As a GF, I am unaware of the exploit people are talking about. I'm sure I could find out online, but I just play the game, like most people. I may never know what the exploit is because I won't be surprised if PW has a fix before I find out.

There may still be a lot of bugs to fix, but thank you NW for putting out a thoroughly enjoyable game... can't wait til I don't have to watch the Cragmire cut scene 16 times.

Good Riddance to the haters, I'm quite tired of hearing you whine in Zone.

(PS. guy with the dog-cat ... one small icon that redirects you to a site with BETA predominantly on it, does not mean marketing as "Live" . . . dammit now I'm giving into Trolls)
  • Options
    jahnkasadjahnkasad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow, that escalated quickly.
  • Options
    label94label94 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aeonaheart wrote: »
    Apparently you aren't familiar with Perfect World Entertainment games and their concept of what "Open Beta" means. After having several of their open betas under my belt, I can assure you this is NOT beta. This is final release. People who paid $200 USD to support this game have every right to feel ripped off about now. That means they have an IQ larger than yours. Stop being so apathetic toward others' problems and issues. Normal human beings feel empathy for others who are having difficulties. Paying customers have the right to complain when things are not right. That's just how life is and if you don't like that... too bad.

>Pays $200 for broken and unfinished game
    >Claims to have higher IQ

****ing lol.
  • Options
    nekoakureinekoakurei Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm going to post this again just to shut up "this is beta" excuses again.
    teldara wrote: »
    FV2R4Za.png

Don't believe me? Check for yourself here: http://www.perfectworld.com/
  • Options
    nasuradinnasuradin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OK! So back to the original patch notes.. fixed exploit in Doomguide's Duty = Doesn't reward profession pack any more at all?

Picking up the quest still says you are rewarded one, plus a rank 2 training runestone. When opening the chest, it displayed nothing for me and upon accepting the blank reward a rank 2 dark enchantment popped into my inventory.
This discussion has been closed.