test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.22

Comments

• Options
    savaallsavaall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You guys need to seriously address the threat issues that Guardian Fighters have against Tank companions. They constantly steal aggro no matter how hard you try to keep it on yourself
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    I really find it hard to believe all 200 quit the game. You could have at least said 199 to give it more believability.

Oh, you mean he didn't sound credible? ;)

While those T2 farming exploits need to be fixed, it is not really "destroying" the economy, because none of these exploits generate new ADs. The total number of ADs in the economy is not affected by this.

All that happens is that ADs shift between groups, and that prices for T2 epic drop through the floor. Whether the latter is bad is a matter of perspective. It makes everything cheaper, but it doesn't actually destroy the economy or devalue AD and Zen (as none of these methods increase the the Zen/AD in circulation). It is "bad" if you have been farming T2s and you get less for your own stuff. It is "good" if you don't care to farm hard for that one missing piece because you can just buy it cheaply.

So, I don't understand the outcry. If there were exploits that allow to make AD past the character cap, I would be concerned. But this does not seem to be the case.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    tallulahkattallulahkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Any chance on fixing the companion unbind bug?
  • Options
    mikepowellmikepowell Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    editeddddddddddddd
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fotzik wrote: »
    It's not released? then why is it marketed as Live and not Open Beta??

Except it's not.
    The most anticipated free MMORPG of 2013, Dungeons & Dragons Neverwinter, is officially in Open Beta.

Clearly being marketed as "Live". However feel free to call your cat a dog.
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    vamp1red wrote: »
    Omg stop Crying .. it's beta not release 1st most u saying epic game now epic fail because u can't understand meaning of open beta or what the game is good my friends btw i got alot of my friends playing the game and they really like it .. why can't u just have fate in cryptic...
    KiddddsSSss
    You realize that you are the only one here that is actually a kid (I base that on how you apparently can't write properly).
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    hippomousehippomouse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    Can you please fix the cleric aggro bug!!! It is back with a vengeance!! Rogue hits mob for 4000 dmg, cleric does 400, mobs all come and get cleric.....eh????
  • Options
    kittledorfkittledorf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 126 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Perhaps have a freaking maintenance that do something, like removing the billions of adds. So sick of this game already and will take a break from it, feels like it will take a year or two before Cryptic is able to balance it. Prio stuff to change would be to remove all the adds, make them stronger and fewer. In this way they will make GF a solid choice because he will be able to control the adds, and the CWs CC will also be more useful rather then basic AOEspamming.

I dont get whats so freaking hard, and whats taking so long... easy fixes. No instead they fix exploits forcing people to use stones and ressscrolls and keep it painful. For the amazing T2-3 gear :O lol, such fail this game.. bah.. sorry for my rage.. just cant help it.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Except it's not.

Go here:

http://www.perfectworld.com/

Look at the tiny icon next to Neverwinter. See the green "L". Look at the legend where it clearly states that a green "L" is for Live, while a blue "O" is for Open Beta.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    xenogias1xenogias1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Welcome to PWE to anyone who hasn't played their games before. Some of the fanboys are in denial but do a little research and see what people have been saying about PWE for the last few years. This is expected. Play a game till its no longer fun and move on. I'm going to do just that. Luckily for me its still fun.
  • Options
    rivolf2rivolf2 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i leave game. maintenance starting?
  • Options
    fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Except it's not.

Try checking www.perfectworld.com it's clearly marked as Live there with the Live icon and not the Open Beta icon.

I guess my cat is still a dog for now..
  • Options
    jackarse21jackarse21 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Any way we can get a fix for not having stats on my character? I'm guessing I'm not the only one. I am level 60 half orc rogue with a 7 strength 3 con 7 dex 3 int 3 wis and 3 cha...I have been posting and sending in tickets for 5 days now; no response, and I can't even log into the support website to check my ticket because you guys have a nonstop loop redirect error thing. It's getting to be old very quickly..."
    Terrible rolls for this guy
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kittledorf wrote: »
    Perhaps have a freaking maintenance that do something, like removing the billions of adds. So sick of this game already and will take a break from it, feels like it will take a year or two before Cryptic is able to balance it. Prio stuff to change would be to remove all the adds, make them stronger and fewer. In this way they will make GF a solid choice because he will be able to control the adds, and the CWs CC will also be more useful rather then basic AOEspamming.

I dont get whats so freaking hard, and whats taking so long... easy fixes. No instead they fix exploits forcing people to use stones and ressscrolls and keep it painful. For the amazing T2-3 gear :O lol, such fail this game.. bah.. sorry for my rage.. just cant help it.

Just roll a GF and do stat stacking, You'll be 1 shotting everything and cashing in on about 200 million AD, laughing all while doing knowing you won't get banned for it.
  • Options
    highropeshighropes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 103
    edited May 2013
    I think I will quit. I was defending D3 untill the very last moment, because it was fun to play. Now this starts to look similar. I'm not going to blindly enjoy this game while knowing there is deadend right behind the corner.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    Oh, you mean he didn't sound credible? ;)

While those T2 farming exploits need to be fixed, it is not really "destroying" the economy, because none of these exploits generate new ADs. The total number of ADs in the economy is not affected by this.

All that happens is that ADs shift between groups, and that prices for T2 epic drop through the floor. Whether the latter is bad is a matter of perspective. It makes everything cheaper, but it doesn't actually destroy the economy or devalue AD and Zen (as none of these methods increase the the Zen/AD in circulation). It is "bad" if you have been farming T2s and you get less for your own stuff. It is "good" if you don't care to farm hard for that one missing piece because you can just buy it cheaply.

So, I don't understand the outcry. If there were exploits that allow to make AD past the character cap, I would be concerned. But this does not seem to be the case.

Maybe the outcry being stuff is worth nothing now because of all the exploits so there's no way to earn more AD when a few pople are hording ~100-200 million AD. How do you expect on paying for enchants, companions, mount upgrades, etc with a 24k daily limit and stuff you can sell on the AH will go for max 15k AD if your really lucky..
  • Options
    skollxbentleyskollxbentley Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Try checking www.perfectworld.com it's clearly marked as Live there with the Live icon and not the Open Beta icon.

I guess my cat is still a dog for now..

okay, you're right... but not really.. change the language to german or french and you'll see the U instead of the L ...

and.. one single sign as "being marketed" .. come on!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    highropes wrote: »
    I think I will quit. I was defending D3 untill the very last moment, because it was fun to play. Now this starts to look similar. I'm not going to blindly enjoy this game while knowing there is deadend right behind the corner.

Make sure you ask for a refund while you do it. I might join you as will thousands of other players.
  • Options
    archangelneverarchangelnever Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mikepowell wrote: »
    I run a guild with over 200 members currently, Every one quit. The economy is officially ruined. The only way to fix this game is for a total reset upon "release" once bugs are fixed. If that doesn't happen or some sort of roll back to a week ago.. The game is dead before it's even released. Also all the guys that are going around exploiting for 100s of millions of AD should be banned.

GG no longer really interested in this game.

Bye!

You sound like someone who has never played any online game ever if you think these current issues are going to kill the game. Most likely all that will happen is that a few hundred no-lifers will whine for a few weeks until the issue is fixed and after that they will return and it will be business as usual.

99.9% of the people playing the game have no idea about these issues and most probably don't even care. I don't really care if some dude is making millions of AD, why would I? What does it matter to me? Do I care about the temporary details of the economy? Not really. Not that much. It's not like this is Diablo III where items are absolutely everything that is important about the game.

I mean it would be nice if they fixed it and all, don't get me wrong. But I'm not here to play a business simulator or no-life day in and day out looking for the nicest set of pixels to show off at random people.
    I'm here to enjoy the story content, maybe do a few easy quests with some friends. Do a foundry quest every now and again for fun and that's about it.

And this is what most players are likely to be doing as-well. Most people don't read the forums, don't look into bugs or exploits until they happen upon it themselves. Most people are blissfully unaware of the vast majority of issues with any game, because people just like to enjoy it without getting overly deeply involved.
    Just like most people don't care that a movie has plotholes or inaccuracies, most don't even notice until they read about it somewhere online.

I mean I can understand why the people who put money into the game are pissed - I totally get that. But to be honest, putting several hundred dollars into a Beta version of a F2P game. Well... that's just a whole set of crazy I probably will never understand.

Well... in any case. I hope they do fix the issues, but since the game is Beta technically their butts are covered and they don't have to do <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> if they don't want to. I'm sure they are working on it, but if it's not easy to fix, it's not easy to fix and no amount of speculation on our part will change anything anyway...

I'm off to, well. Just do some foundry quests for the fun storylines and mindless combat.
  • Options
    alyrealyre Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just laugh at everyone complaining, I see PW do maintenence SLOWLY yes but they do work on it constantly there still updating Forsaken world which was fun some of there games have been entertaining atleast, and ya lil expensive at times, however they do continually work on things as long as the community all works on it I've had a few issues submitting a ticket but not many :) though there is a fair ammount they could work on fixing a little faster :p
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    okay, you're right... but not really.. change the language to german or french and you'll see the U instead of the L ...

and.. one single sign as "being marketed" .. come on!

A "U" which stands for "Upcoming" - not even "Open Beta."

So we learn two things. First, that the French and German customers don't even get their site refreshed, and second, that when they refreshed the English site, they set it to "Live" deliberately.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    wesgarwesgar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mikepowell wrote: »
    I run a guild with over 200 members currently, Every one quit.

wait... really? you got 200 people to do the same thing at the same time? I find this incredible, if it's really true, and you weren't just exaggerating to make a point.. wow! just, WOW!

It's pretty hard to get 200 people on the same page for ANYTHING, let alone getting them to stop playing a game that has no subscription fee.

but ya, though it's hard to believe this, if it is true, that's pretty darn incredible!

by the way... I knew a Mike Powell when I was a kid... he'd visit his uncle in blackfoot ID, you wouldn't happen to be the same guy would you? (that would be a pretty **** small world!)
    Thanks,

zWolf / Wesgar

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    floppyhorsefloppyhorse Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This patch is literally what will kill NW.

I'm in a guild that has four hundred thousand people in it. Every single one of those players is a founder and we're all calling VISA right now to get a chargeback on our account. That's hundreds of millions of dollars right there. Also, we're all GW and have been exploiting and so we all have at least fourty seven billion AD. That's quintillions of AD that's just going to disappear because PWI can't get their **** together.
    Also, we're going to flood the market with free T2 items, making it so the average person can't make any money on the AH and we're going to buy every rune and enchanment and put them back up for infinite money. Now you won't be able to buy enchantments. How you like dem apples?
    Maybe next time you'll release the game when it's perfect, release the perfect amount of content every perfect interval of time, and balance everything perfectly. If you don't me and my guild of seventy million billion paid members are going to quit and youre going to be sad.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    elessym wrote: »

So we learn two things. First, that the French and German customers don't even get their site refreshed, and second, that when they refreshed the English site, they set it to "Live" deliberately.

I think the French and German sites are more accurate. The game in the state it is should be called upcoming, it's broken and not even done so yeah, I guess they know what they are doing but the English site don't.
  • Options
    marineusmcrhmarineusmcrh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    Bye!

You sound like someone who has never played any online game ever if you think these current issues are going to kill the game. Most likely all that will happen is that a few hundred no-lifers will whine for a few weeks until the issue is fixed and after that they will return and it will be business as usual.

99.9% of the people playing the game have no idea about these issues and most probably don't even care. I don't really care if some dude is making millions of AD, why would I? What does it matter to me? Do I care about the temporary details of the economy? Not really. Not that much. It's not like this is Diablo III where items are absolutely everything that is important about the game.

I mean it would be nice if they fixed it and all, don't get me wrong. But I'm not here to play a business simulator or no-life day in and day out looking for the nicest set of pixels to show off at random people.
    I'm here to enjoy the story content, maybe do a few easy quests with some friends. Do a foundry quest every now and again for fun and that's about it.

And this is what most players are likely to be doing as-well. Most people don't read the forums, don't look into bugs or exploits until they happen upon it themselves. Most people are blissfully unaware of the vast majority of issues with any game, because people just like to enjoy it without getting overly deeply involved.
    Just like most people don't care that a movie has plotholes or inaccuracies, most don't even notice until they read about it somewhere online.

I mean I can understand why the people who put money into the game are pissed - I totally get that. But to be honest, putting several hundred dollars into a Beta version of a F2P game. Well... that's just a whole set of crazy I probably will never understand.

Well... in any case. I hope they do fix the issues, but since the game is Beta technically their butts are covered and they don't have to do <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> if they don't want to. I'm sure they are working on it, but if it's not easy to fix, it's not easy to fix and no amount of speculation on our part will change anything anyway...

I'm off to, well. Just do some foundry quests for the fun storylines and mindless combat.

Not much to really say to that, if there was a ++LIKE BUTTON i'd hit it 7 times on that. I myself played the game only a few hours and decided to pay 200$ to support it and for some of the cool features. I'm sure the devs will work on these issues to make the game more balanced.
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=98633707&dateline=1368527786
  • Options
    pelarius2046pelarius2046 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    That's fine, hopefully maintenance will finish up on schedule.
    Theohelm, Guardian of the Dalelands.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    elessym wrote: »

I dont see peoples issues -.- you spent money on the game.... key words being YOU'RE OWN DECISION don't like it then think harder next time you have the credit card in your hand... seriously people quit arguing like a bunch of 12 year olds who probably used daddies credit card.
  • Options
    naweronawero Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bye!

^This... is gold:)
    Couldn't be said better.
    Thanks!
    I would donate a dollar for that post actually, the best saying anyone has ever said on internet.
    Have my likes!!
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Maybe the outcry being stuff is worth nothing now because of all the exploits so there's no way to earn more AD when a few pople are hording ~100-200 million AD. How do you expect on paying for enchants, companions, mount upgrades, etc with a 24k daily limit and stuff you can sell on the AH will go for max 15k AD if your really lucky..

The total amount of AD in the economy is not affected by people selling stuff. They just ruin the prices for themselves at the moment, but in a few months the prices would have dropped so low anyway as more and more people do the content regularly. There will always be buyers. If these people had not exploited these farming methods (and I agree that they should get banned for it), there would still not be more AD per player in the economy.

I understand being upset that your slice of the cake is smaller than you would like, but it doesn't affect the economy in the long run. Those people will not just sit on their AD. They will in turn buy stuff with them, or they will exchange them for Zen and buy anything in the store, which removes the AD from the economy permanently and may stabilize the AH prices again. Ideally, these people should be stripped of their stuff, or have their accounts closed, but even if that doesn't happen (we don't know -- it's not like that previous bans have been publicly announced), the economy will level out again. (It is worth noting that the AD/Zen rate has continued going down, so no one has been dumping a lot of AD.)

I don't feel that the enchants are anything more than luxury. People beat the hardest content within two weeks, without using any of those enchants. Plus wards come from invoking, and AD eventually pile up. Foundry authors seem to also have a fairly steady AD income. Maybe you can sell something only for 20k AD now, but see, there may be more buyers who can spend 20k instead of 200k, so stuff may sell faster and more reliably.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Bye!

fk i love u atm
This discussion has been closed.