test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

can we not have a repeat of d3 please?

kaydiechikaydiechi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
i know we wont get any character wipes, but can we please get some action taken agianst the exploiters, and some kind of rollback?

i mean look at this, this guy i know, using a damage exploit and a boss bug managed to do this in under an hour LW94B9j.png
he has spent the last 3 days doing stuff like this nonstop, destroying the economy and amassing riches on a mule character to "hide" his illicit actions.

he's amassed over 200 million ad.... and with no rollback once the zen prices tank he's just going to cashout and sell zen, making hundreds, maybe thousands of dollars.

Good job PWE..

(200 million ad @ 200/zen is 1m zen, thats 10,000$ worth of zen, even at 400 ad per zen which is way more than it goes for now is 5,000$ worth of zen)
Post edited by kaydiechi on

Comments

• nymesis92nymesis92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This is depressing to know.
  • kaydiechikaydiechi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    whats more depressing is seeing this happen and knowing people who do this, and knowing that they never have action taken against them, despite me personally reporting each and every one of them.
  • maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is no way they will NOT ban these guys. They are robbing PWE off their money. They might even get in real life **** for the big exploiters that could be looking at hundred of thousands of dollar profits. (if you don't believe me go do some research on how much AD in Real World Trade)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kaydiechikaydiechi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    but what about the damage its doing to the economy, like, it's already ruined.. my definition of ruined is deflated to the point that one can not reasonably make enough money in a day of effort to be able to afford removing one enchant, or transmuting an item or respeccing, etc.
  • ordainedoneordainedone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We need more things like this. So people will stop wasting time with any PWE product. Maybe they'll learn to quit making cash grab games. PS: PWE will not do anything bout this. Mayb, ban the character, thats about it. Enjoy your economy, oh and don't forget you can just grind AD to get cash chop items. Should only take a year to get that bag you want lol.
  • atlantix1atlantix1 Member Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    http://sv.twitch.tv/boolawa/b/403076723

watch the video
    some tank one shotting everything in the dungeon

seriously what da faq
    edited May 2013
    i know exactly how to recreate both of these bugs that people are exploting and i sent messages to the devs, but will they fix it? NO. im so close to quitting because of this...
  • teldarateldara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That screenshot is giving me no motivation to play.
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Nothing short of a char wipe can fix this.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I say redo the whole launch.. reroll to the 25th, fix the exploits, close the cash shop, don't accept any purchases except the founders packs (which now no longer awards AD but some ZEN which you won't be able to use until the shop is open). Open the shop and start accepting money when the game leaves this so called open beta..
    edited May 2013
    fotzik wrote: »
    I say redo the whole launch.. reroll to the 25th, fix the exploits, close the cash shop, don't accept any purchases except the founders packs (which now no longer awards AD but some ZEN which you won't be able to use until the shop is open). Open the shop and start accepting money when the game leaves this so called open beta..

i agree, just rollback some **** or something this is obscene game hasnt even been out for 2 weeks and the exploits have completley destroyed my desire to play.

the leveling exploits? okay sure people exploited their way to 60. that doesn't really affect me all that much, sure people get in on the content earlier than me making more profit than i can at an earlier date, eh it sucks but im not gonna complain about it.

but this.. this is affecting every single person that plays, and every single person that ever will play. this is COMPLETLEY STRIPPING ME OF ANY DESIRE TO EVER LOG INTO THIS GAME EVER AGAIN.
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    fotzik wrote: »
    Agree, if something drastic isn't done I might consider getting my money back.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
    edited May 2013
    i rarely ever pay money for games, and i gave 85$ to PWE, im already severely regretting this decision.

sure i had fun and probally still will in time but man i don't feel it was money well spent.

PWE does not deserve my money if they are not going to adress these issues in the timely manner that they need to be addressed in.
  • atlantix1atlantix1 Member Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    kaydiechi wrote: »
    i agree, just rollback some **** or something this is obscene game hasnt even been out for 2 weeks and the exploits have completley destroyed my desire to play.

the leveling exploits? okay sure people exploited their way to 60. that doesn't really affect me all that much, sure people get in on the content earlier than me making more profit than i can at an earlier date, eh it sucks but im not gonna complain about it.

but this.. this is affecting every single person that plays, and every single person that ever will play. this is COMPLETLEY STRIPPING ME OF ANY DESIRE TO EVER LOG INTO THIS GAME EVER AGAIN.

than don't log in man, nobody forces you to play..
    There are also many legit players...if there is rollback people who earned stuff legitimately will loose those stuff. and some of the stuff are hard to get cause of the drop %...

exploiters, cheaters, hackers etc.. they need to be banned indefinitely.. legit players doesnt have to suffer cause of exploiters
  • borneolborneol Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This is why there should have been some more actual testing done on the game. Despite what Cryptic says this is not a beta test, this is a launch of a game that is still in a beta stage of development. So now they are kinda stuck. The best they can reasonably do is a small rollback and even that can cause an outrage. A full character wipe would be unbelievably problematic and costly.
  • fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    Agree, if something drastic isn't done I might consider getting my money back.

I'm in the same boat. If they don't fix things fast I'll demand a refund and give up on this game. I really want to play this game, it's really fun and has hugh potential but all these exploits, they have destroyed the game. Like kaydiechi said, the leveling exploit in foundry, not a big deal (oh and they only had to make mobs immune if they can't target you, not destroy the whole foundry) but the stat stacking and exploits to do dungeons easier, just screwd things over. And giving us founders 600k to 2600k AD was just stupid.
  • sheabuttercreamsheabuttercream Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    atlantix1 wrote: »
    http://sv.twitch.tv/boolawa/b/403076723

watch the video
    some tank one shotting everything in the dungeon

seriously what da faq

what the ****
    i mean look at this, this guy i know, using a damage exploit and a boss bug managed to do this in under an hour http://gyazo.com/5285ba74ef32661ad49a55b5939d1dfe.png

he has spent the last 3 days doing stuff like this nonstop, destroying the economy and amassing riches on a mule character to "hide" his illicit actions.

he's amassed over 200 million ad.... and with no rollback once the zen prices tank he's just going to cashout and sell zen, making hundreds, maybe thousands of dollars.

Good job PWE..

(200 million ad @ 200/zen is 1m zen, thats 10,000$ worth of zen, even at 400 ad per zen which is way more than it goes for now is 5,000$ worth of zen)

what the ****
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    What Class Are You?
  • teldarateldara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what the ****

what the ****

/10char10char
  • heeeeeysaheeeeeysa Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fastest death of a game ever?
    edited May 2013
    atlantix1 wrote: »
    than don't log in man, nobody forces you to play..
    There are also many legit players...if there is rollback people who earned stuff legitimately will loose those stuff. and some of the stuff are hard to get cause of the drop %...

exploiters, cheaters, hackers etc.. they need to be banned indefinitely.. legit players doesnt have to suffer cause of exploiters

you have absolutely zero understanding of the way economics works then.

ill try to dumb it down as best i can.

there is a hard cap of 20 thousand astral diamonds per character being generated a day, all other income is netted through means of player exchange, the vast majority of all AD running around currently is regurgitated founders money. the exploiters who are amassing these obscene numbers of money are taking this AD out of play because they'll be selling it, if they don't convert it to zen (escpecially because zen isn't tradable).

maybe some will come back into play via the sales, but regardless, this amassing on a large scale will cause all other actual AD prices to drop, and relative prices to zen to rise, causing zen to become increasingly more difficult to buy, and causing astral diamonds tobecome lower and lower in value, until a point where you will not even be able to afford simple things such as a respec with out paying real cash.

with out injecting more ad into the economy, or redistributing the ad on the banned accounts, the economy will eventually dwindle away.

this combined with the out of play AD on accounts that quit or have since became inactive will just make this game stagnate to a painful level. come back in two months and you'll know what i mean. (hell if you're observant you've had already noticed this trend, its not natural, what has happened in the last week to the ad prices should have had happened over a month period, or longer, but instead it happend far too fast..)

so yes this affects EVERYONE. i don't need your shortsighted bull**** telling me to stop playing because im mad at other people getting things that dont affect me. this DOES affect me, and it affects YOU.

legit players suffer from this more than any one else.
  • nymesis92nymesis92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    you have absolutely zero understanding of the way economics works then.

ill try to dumb it down as best i can.

there is a hard cap of 20 thousand astral diamonds per character being generated a day, all other income is netted through means of player exchange, the vast majority of all AD running around currently is regurgitated founders money. the exploiters who are amassing these obscene numbers of money are taking this AD out of play because they'll be selling it, if they don't convert it to zen (escpecially because zen isn't tradable).

maybe some will come back into play via the sales, but regardless, this amassing on a large scale will cause all other actual AD prices to drop, and relative prices to zen to rise, causing zen to become increasingly more difficult to buy, and causing astral diamonds tobecome lower and lower in value, until a point where you will not even be able to afford simple things such as a respec with out paying real cash.

with out injecting more ad into the economy, or redistributing the ad on the banned accounts, the economy will eventually dwindle away.

this combined with the out of play AD on accounts that quit or have since became inactive will just make this game stagnate to a painful level. come back in two months and you'll know what i mean.

so yes this affects EVERYONE. i don't need your shortsighted bull**** telling me to stop playing because im mad at other people getting things that dont affect me. this DOES affect me, and it affects YOU.

You pretty much just completely owned that guy. Lol.
  • ifellfromgraceiifellfromgracei Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah people can say what they want about Blizzard and how much they "suck" but this reminds of the whole "shirt" fiasco. Blizzard responded by not only banning the player but all of his guild mates as well. In short they came down harsh. Not only that but Blizzard themself even had a hand (big time) in allowing that to happen.

Switch over to PWE and we have a very similar situation and nothing is being done.

Honestly at this point the economy sucks anyway. It really wouldn't make a difference even if they did ban this guy. With all of this said I'm still really enjoying the game.
    edited May 2013
    heeeeeysa wrote: »
    Fastest death of a game ever?

D3 still holds this record.

duping gold and items and then selling them right back on the RMAH for legal profit was as bad as it could get.

oh don't even get me started on non encrypted CLIENT SIDE session ID's
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Good job PWE..

And the only place to spend zen is in pw games. And Cryptic games. If he converts the AD to zen, it's tied to neverwinter. Can't spend it in other games.

It's not like he can turn that into actual real world cash, y'know.

And besides he's farming Cryptic content, which is perfectly legit. But don't dare farm Foundry for XP.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • techn027techn027 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nymesis92 wrote: »
    You pretty much just completely owned that guy. Lol.

^ <-- .......
    edited May 2013
    Yeah people can say what they want about Blizzard and how much they "suck" but this reminds of the whole "shirt" fiasco. Blizzard responded by not only banning the player but all of his guild mates as well. In short they came down harsh. Not only that but Blizzard themself even had a hand (big time) in allowing that to happen.

Switch over to PWE and we have a very similar situation and nothing is being done.

Honestly at this point the economy sucks anyway. It really wouldn't make a difference even if they did ban this guy. With all of this said I'm still really enjoying the game.

i love blizzard as a company, and i love pwe. i enjoy sto. and i enjoy NW.

the game itself is wonderful, im not badmouthing the company nor am i fanboy, i both providing an objective look at this issue while posting it emotionally as i am deeply disturbed by the lack of action taken.

i would say if not taken immediately it'd be too late, but alas it is too late to fully fix the issue.

i am not asking for, nor do i expect a character wipe.

but something needs to happen
  • oregonizeoregonize Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Players proving, once again, that the players are the REAL reason for failed after failed MMO launch...I feel really bad for all of the developers that spend so much time making otherwise good games...
  • ifellfromgraceiifellfromgracei Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »
    And the only place to spend zen is in pw games. And Cryptic games. If he converts the AD to zen, it's tied to neverwinter. Can't spend it in other games.

It's not like he can turn that into actual real world cash, y'know.

And besides he's farming Cryptic content, which is perfectly legit. But don't dare farm Foundry for XP.

I'm pretty sure people sell in game items out of game for real world cash all the time...
  • ryftlordryftlord Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oregonize wrote: »
    Players proving, once again, that the players are the REAL reason for failed after failed MMO launch...I feel really bad for all of the developers that spend so much time making otherwise good games...

Hah... it's hard to tell how many people besides us actually appreciate the game when they complain about open beta being buggy.
    Ja'kreen - "The Laughing Vulcan"
    Mirror Ja'kreen
    X'Tem
    Active RPer
  • ryftlordryftlord Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm pretty sure people sell in game items out of game for real world cash all the time...

I know... it's sad really, but that is their problem
    Ja'kreen - "The Laughing Vulcan"
    Mirror Ja'kreen
    X'Tem
    Active RPer