test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I believe top tier gear should be BoP, any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    isopointisopoint Member Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I do understand the sentiment and I don't mind if it becomes bop, but for some reason I don't care either.

If people want to buy it then it doesn't affect my enjoyment of earning it, but sometimes lucky drops with bop can be infuriating.
  • Options
    recktifyrecktify Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thumbs up bop is the way to go, we all know they wont change it
  • Options
    swamprobswamprob Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If the best gear were BoP, I probably would've quit this game already, and I've been playing less than a week. I am SO sick that every gd MMO has to restrict the best gear to top dungeons and only those. In other words, solo to the end, then group up or give up. At least this game makes it possible to acquire BIS gear without forcing grouping to do so.

Don't misunderstand me, I get why a lot of MMOs do this, but does every single one have to? Is this an MMO law, cast in stone, never allowed to be broken? Easily my biggest complaint about MMOs.
  • Options
    kaasdoekkaasdoek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Another problem with making gear BoP is the lack of Clerics. Many dps that queue can't find a team with cleric. I am already thinking and doing of power levelling a cleric to gear my CW. But if it goes BoP, then i can't
  • Options
    daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I personally like that I can pay for the best possible gear by being a master at the auction house. In Guild Wars, one of my favourite games of the past, armor would bind, but cosmetic skins would not. You farmed and farmed and traded for that perfectly elusive rare skin before inscription was brought into the game, and you could use it for as long as you liked and sell it.

In WoW, having items shunted off to the 1% bred elitism and that is a very unhealthy aspect of the community, almost as toxic as the doomsayers.

So, between that, we have items all can enjoy. People who can farm them can profit from them and those who can't, can buy them.
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • Options
    tttsssrrr1tttsssrrr1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A legitimate game would be BoP. A game interested in draining money from its customers is BoE.
  • Options
    koraneskoranes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tttsssrrr1 wrote: »
    A legitimate game would be BoP. A game interested in draining money from its customers is BoE.
    fail troll is fail. for it to be a money drain the AH would have to be zen based
  • Options
    fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes I fully agree, the really top end stuff should be bop, everything up to that can be boe.. Boe gear should only be used to catch up to current content, not for buying the higest gear that you can get, that should only be earned by doing dungeons/raids/pvp, etc.
  • Options
    atlantix1atlantix1 Member Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    i do not totally agree with the OP
    but he has a point about end-game gear..
    BoE endgame gear is quite amateur gaming..
    i don't expect much from a Dev team that thinks adding 200 adds to a boss fight is a mechanic or hard..
    so at the end i don't care if its BoE or BoP, once there is Wildstar or ESO i'm not gonna stick here anyways..
  • Options
    okaminosukeokaminosuke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I agree with OP. Currently, getting full epic gear is just too easy. You can get lots of pvp gear in a matter of hours which enables you to skip many less gs ranked dungeons and get straight to the top ones. Then, with dungeon delves chest, you can gather lacking epic pieces or just sell stuff you get and buy one you want. Even as a casual player you can get from 100% green to 100% epic in a matter of few days! Then what?

First thing they need to do is to fix pvp and make pvp items more expensive. Also, making dropped in dungeons stuff bound on pickup should largely extend the lifetime of this game. Now its all just too easy.
  • Options
    cocksworthcocksworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Considering Lair of the Pirate King epic was just exploited for two weeks straight BoP boss drops would have been a good idea in retrospect. As it stands now the BoE tier 2 epics have flooded the market so hard you can get a full set of T2 gear for less than 300k AD if you're patient.

It should have been BoP from the start and it should be BoP in the future but as of now end game is pretty much ruined. I don't think i'll stick around for the next wave of content but I hope the Founders get some bans/wipes/roll backs cause I'd be pissed right now if I paid 60-200 bucks.

Exploiters have converted hundreds of thousands of AD into Zen at this point so the cash shop was pretty much looted as well. Overall a huge disaster, GG cryptic on pushing AD to Zen conversion.
  • Options
    lhyeuzelhyeuze Member Posts: 71
    edited May 2013
    Plz stop saying this game is in beta, it is not.
  • Options
    vaelosvaelos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, I am tired of games with nothing but BoP gear. Remove the level requirements too.
  • Options
    combatcascombatcas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was unaware of this as well.. That really does take away much of the point of playing for better gear. Not only does it allow people to sit back and buy what others work hard to earn but it cheapens our accomplishment of earning it ourselves. Even changing certain visual aspects of AH bought items would help. I want to wear my hard won gear with pride but if I could have just as easily paid for them there isn't anything to be proud of and if you won't be proud of them why work for them? There has to be a certain level of pride tied to our characters and our achievements and our gear is the physical and visual representation of what we've accomplished and something we should be able to be proud of. BoE destroys that concept entirely as the gear no longer represents anything and destroys any motivation to obtain it.
  • Options
    spodeanspodean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I personally like to be able to sell the stuff and buy it. I am an auction house fiend and the funnest part of the game for me is finding stuff that sells.

The ninja thing does suck though. They should just default make it so that people can't need on an item they can't equip, can only greed.

The cons to the old school having to run dungeons to get the gear you want is just that.... you have to grind out dungeons in order to hope you get something you want.

I'd rather have the option to sell the useless blue I picked up and hope I get the money to buy the one I want rather than grind.

Your opinion and argument are good, but that's just not for me.

I hate grinding for specific items, did it in WoW many years back and hated it.
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    spodean wrote: »
    I personally like to be able to sell the stuff and buy it. I am an auction house fiend and the funnest part of the game for me is finding stuff that sells.

The ninja thing does suck though. They should just default make it so that people can't need on an item they can't equip, can only greed.

The cons to the old school having to run dungeons to get the gear you want is just that.... you have to grind out dungeons in order to hope you get something you want.

I'd rather have the option to sell the useless blue I picked up and hope I get the money to buy the one I want rather than grind.

That blue wouldn't have been top tier gear anyway..
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Then real mmo are not for you
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lhyeuze wrote: »
    Then real mmo are not for you

Sure, pigeonhole MMOs to your own definition. Meanwhile there're plenty of other apparently non-real MMOs which uses a different formula.
  • Options
    cocksworthcocksworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Except now exploiters have sold BoE gear and destroyed the games economy cause the hardest dungeon dropped BoE. BoP is the only way highest tier items should spawn, end of discussion. Everything else was just so Cryptic would make Zen.
  • Options
    paragon33paragon33 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I liked the freedom offered by the team in this area; however sadly MMOs didn't adopt BoP systems for no reason...
    Especially since the team polices absolutely zero of the Pve endgame or Pvp content. Ill just drag this boss over here and solo him for my T1-2 gear (far worse then the foundry exploiting, you got a guy 1 shoting everything in sight (including bosses) and people who openly advertise for AFK pvp parties... And not a GM in sight doing anything about it. Twitch channels teaching people how to exploit; and why not, nothing happens if you do...

Sadly BoP is one of the only ways to save this mess from getting worse. The problem tho is its already to late... In last few days the gear is everywhere now :/.

Only a roll back will save the game; which any competent mmo would be doing right this min. Which is outrageously unfair to the rest of the population :/ This team is like the whitehouse; no where to be found; yapping something about thanks for playing and were working on stability of servers lol... wtf are they doing? Watching Tv and dont know a thing about the game? Its being destroyed... Are we being trolled by an AI who is amassing wealth to take over...? I mean it just seems that crazy. Can Pwe be even this stupid.

I didn't care about people lvling to 60 in a few hours... Or the mass amount of gold and items they amassed using the same technique after cap. But this is just wow...

Lets just start making insta kill boss parties, and all do afk pvp... Forget that, The GMs should just place our tier sets right on us at character creation.. Along with 100k ad each...

*sigh
    But hey they have no issue closing and deleting threads from concerned players. Who want the game to last... wth?

Admit the issue, apologize and fix it, that simple...

So heartbroken... Its not about the lvls or who has more; its about the game has been absolutely saturated in endgame gear now; and people who want to have it are prob buying zen for the AD to purchase it.. Therefor Pwe does nothing to stop it. I.e. man o.0
    They are cannibalizing the game... There wont be a game in a month at this rate.
    Unless they are guna troll us and say hey guys heres the rest of the game and drops in 10 more dungeons and a even larger map...

Im just lost for words... was such a decent mmo finally. And these guys **** it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

The problem here is not what we like or dislike but the fact that with current system, when you can sell everything and buy, players get to full epics way to fast. We all know what happens next: players get bored and quit. Any sense of achievement and progression is lost.
  • Options
    klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm going to have to disagree with you here. I'm a really bad player, and if I couldn't buy my gear from better players, I'd never have a chance of getting it. This system is very friendly for hopeless players like me!
  • Options
    adabisiadabisi Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As much as any person wants to buy their collective way to uber geared it is not the norm and I am old fashioned.....grind the dungeons wait your turn and BID your raid points for an item if guilded DKP or grind with pugs and take your chances with thieves and hooligans.

BoP helps alleviate more issues then leaving it currently as it is. It also helps crafters of gear...

I mean really.....if you sux so bad getting your gear right away with your moneywhat left is there to do? You are going to get bored real fast with no real need to fo anything.....

To those who would say people will get bored trying to get uber gear..then perhaps knitting would be a more appropriate hobby. The fun comes from learning the dungeons.....do them over and over and reaping the rewards.......This comes from years and years of EQ1 and EQ 2 raids......not ,I want that pretty cool sword here is 5 dollars now I am uber.
    Today we fight the GAULS......monstrous and HAIRY beyond reason.
  • Options
    chaosbringer15chaosbringer15 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Meh the dungeons are tedious and annoying with the infinite adds respawn and dumb bosses anyways. I don't blame people if they want to buy the gear instead of grinding for it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    klixan wrote: »
    I'm going to have to disagree with you here. I'm a really bad player, and if I couldn't buy my gear from better players, I'd never have a chance of getting it. This system is very friendly for hopeless players like me!

Then you are a **** and you have to merit in getting that gear, you are no right to wear it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    klixan wrote: »

It is until you buy every slot and have nothing more to do. Believe me, this will happen way sooner than you think. BoP is the only solution to prevent massive loss of players. And when the game becomes a ghost town you won't buy anything either.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    There are quite possibly devs and folks behind the scenes who love the game but IMO it is nothing to be proud of in terms of the AH and the allowing of end gear to land in the hands of terrible players or casual players because they feel they deserve it as opposed to taking their licks . I will concede that the era of a SUB game is waning and that good strong players are being replaced by those eager to get themselves a flaming horse spammed across the zone.

I suspect, and it is purely my opinion, they will have to fix this otherwise the game has some troubles ahead.
  • Options
    paragon33paragon33 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The problem here is not what we like or dislike but the fact that with current system, when you can sell everything and buy, players get to full epics way to fast. We all know what happens next: players get bored and quit. Any sense of achievement and progression is lost.

Exactly it not about who of us thinks its fair or not, or who should have what or not... Its not about opinions or desires for self gain.
    Its about logic...and how to not ruin your own game 101... The game is being depreciated both in gear and content.
    This means its longevity was already seriously hurt. The market is flooded with end game content, the Pvp gear and T1 is already considered junk... Crafting assets have also flooded game fro man exploit... Basically anything that is meant to take time just became pretty much instant.

Roll back is the only way... Upset and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> a lot of people off and they leave; including a good bit of the exploiters. Or continue to allow it; do this lil patch in DAYS after the fact that only address 10% of exploits.

Im sorry guys but this isnt looking good.

Please explain the logic... They cap your rough diamonds. This hints at intent to curb farming. Yet look around the other corner and mass amounts of AD is being moved via Exploited loot. No roll back no stopping it. No punishing for those doing it. Why even have a rough cap then...

Whatever they do its not going to be pretty without a rollback. Most the gear can be fixed by dropping new content tiers and new content overall. (If they plan no rollback). But no matter what BoP needs to be put in since they wont police the security of the game... As far as BoE being a way to allow people who dont exploit, but wish to play fair or even just get gear for their alts; they should drop in something similar to BoA.. make BoP/BoE into BoAs. This still allows us the freedom at least on that end.

Im sorry for rambling but ****...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    As much as a rollback is desired, even by me, they will never do it. They have sternly said no rollbakcs and for those who have spent money on other things beyond the package deals, like myself ,there would be legal rammifications I am guessing. Unless they issues credits for zen bought. I have spent almost 100 dollars above and beyond the package just so i could muster my crafting needs and max to 20 in all of them.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I think rollback is not an option here, since real money is involved and many people paid for what they got.

The only thing that can save this game now is introducing another tier dungeons with better and bound on pickup epics. Thus making current easy content a prerequisite to the real endgame, where we have to achieve things by ourselves.