test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Wild Hunt - Late Night Heavy Roleplay Guild

Comments

• eulerdmoogleeulerdmoogle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    opps, didn't mean to double post.
    Try my missions:
    A Small Dwarvish Grudge: NW-DUI8A8I7R
    The Brink of Disaster: NW-DFDJKW9QF (Still in beta)

thorlief_banner_1.png
  • spectralhuntspectralhunt Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've seen my pay cheque and nothing of great value was lost.

Sorry about that. Those taxes will kill ya.
  • eulerdmoogleeulerdmoogle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry about that. Those taxes will kill ya.

I also find death quite taxing. It a form of unpleasant symmetry I guess.
    Try my missions:

thorlief_banner_1.png
    edited May 2013
    I also find death quite taxing. It a form of unpleasant symmetry I guess.

And they'll tax your death. It's a never ending cycle.
    edited May 2013
    And they'll tax your death. It's a never ending cycle.

I once rode a never ending cycle. Took me forever to get off.
    Try my missions:

thorlief_banner_1.png
  • jsmurfedjsmurfed Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    Hi guys, love the whole RP aspect. Just a quick question though, which server are you guys on?

Edit: Saw a few pages back you're on Mindflayer :(
    I wonder if there's a server transfer option...
    Killing orcs is like washing a pig. Turn your back for a second and the filth is back...

The good thing about having three characters at max gives me a choice on how much butt I want to kick. For balls-to-the-wall murder, I go with the Great Weapon Fighter. The Wizard is the one that runs around laughing maniacally yelling "Catch me if you can", while the Guardian Fighter flips you off and is all like "Come at me, bro"
    edited May 2013
    jsmurfed wrote: »
    Hi guys, love the whole RP aspect. Just a quick question though, which server are you guys on?

Edit: Saw a few pages back you're on Mindflayer :(
    I wonder if there's a server transfer option...

Nothing like that and probably won't happen since there are plans to merge the servers into one. You could roll an alt till then.
  • jsmurfedjsmurfed Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    *Stalking into the guild kitchens late one night, starved and on the run as usual, a short, slender dark-skinned elf finds anything edible she can find to satiate the hunger. Filling up of the strange food, she sits by the fire, closing her eyes to the bright light emanating from it. It isn't long before fatigue catches up with her at last, falling asleep by the welcoming warmth...

(Rolled an alt, and applied on your website :) )
    Killing orcs is like washing a pig. Turn your back for a second and the filth is back...

The good thing about having three characters at max gives me a choice on how much butt I want to kick. For balls-to-the-wall murder, I go with the Great Weapon Fighter. The Wizard is the one that runs around laughing maniacally yelling "Catch me if you can", while the Guardian Fighter flips you off and is all like "Come at me, bro"
    edited May 2013
    *Kelian sees the sleeping drow as he walks by and notices her haggard form. After unbuckling his cloak, he gently covers her with it, careful not to wake her and quietly leaves the room.*

((Saw it! Give us a few days and the process will be complete. Also we are having a meeting tonight so feel free to join us. You won't be invited into the guild until your application is done but you could certainly interact with us to see if we are a good fit for you.))
    edited May 2013
    *Stirring at the slight, albeit it unexpected interruption of her slumber, the dark elf clutches her dagger tightly as her eyes open in time to see a pair of boots leaving the room. Realising her folly at falling asleep in unknown, possibly hostile territory, she waits for a few heartbeats after she is sure she's alone once more. Rising carefully to not make a sound, she looks curiously at the cloak that was draped over her. Carefully and quietly she folds it, placing it onto the table. She is about to leave before looking back at the assortments of savoury foods and sweets in the kitchen. She goes about gathering as much food as she can, stuffing breads and fruits anywhere she can fit them...*

((No worries. I'll get back in game after the servers are back up))

edited May 2013
    *A drowsy dwarf stumbles into the kitchen with all the grace and stealth of an enraged orc warband. He reaches above the stove and grabs a cast iron skillet and tosses it on the wood burning stove. He mutters "pan", as he shoves a couple pieces of wood into the stove. "Fire" he mutters as he bobbles over to the ice box. "wood" He grabs a couple of sausages and tosses them on the skillet. "Thief in the pantry" he mumbles as he grabs a large fork and gently nudges the sausages in the pan. A wave of confusion slowly crosses his face.*
    Try my missions:

thorlief_banner_1.png
    edited May 2013
    *The small drow freezes in her tracks as the dwarf blunders its way into the kitchen, a piece of bread half chewed, the other half still sticking out of her mouth. He has walked by her several times now and barely taken much notice. She is about to reach for one of her daggers until the smell of cooking meat wafts over her, making her unconsciously continue chewing. She eyes the sausages with lust in her red eyes, salivating around the bread*

"H-hello..." she stammers, her youthful sounding voice cracking slightly

((OOC: Seeing as how this character is the younger sister to my main on the dragon server, I just had a spur of the moment idea to make her young (Also helps the fact that she's still only low level in-game despite her back story of training in the assassin arts). I have no idea what the equivalent age would be in elven years, but I'm thinking around 18 in human years))

edited May 2013
    ((Loved your application.))
    edited May 2013
    ((Thanks, made the relevant changes required :)
    Also sent you a friend request in-game))

edited May 2013
    *The small drow freezes in her tracks as the dwarf blunders its way into the kitchen, a piece of bread half chewed, the other half still sticking out of her mouth. He has walked by her several times now and barely taken much notice. She is about to reach for one of her daggers until the smell of cooking meat wafts over her, making her unconsciously continue chewing. She eyes the sausages with lust in her red eyes, salivating around the bread*

"H-hello..." she stammers, her youthful sounding voice cracking slightly

"Humph, alright fine," grumbles the dwarf as he sleepily throws another couple of sausages in the pan. "Keep ya pants on." He shakes the pan to loosen the sausages. A thought about the visitor crosses into his brain, but finding the brain closed for the night, leaves quickly. "Plates are on the middle shelf in the cupboard to the right. Be careful with them or the boss will have us on KP for a week." The thought crosses his eyebrows and sneaks into his brain through the roof. "Wait a moment, ... uh... are you new here?"
    Try my missions:

thorlief_banner_1.png
    edited May 2013
    *Moving closer to the delicious smell of the sausages cooking, the small elf couldn't turn away from the sight of the sizzling sausages, engrossed almost in a trance, inching closer and closer until all but drooling over the dwarfs shoulder*

"New? Uhm, uhm... No? I've been here for a long time..." Gaining confidence in the fact that the small bearded man doesn't seem to be very awake, she continued with her fabrication, all the while eyeing the food "I mean, weve never met because, uhh, I'm only out at night, see? And, uhh, you should turn those now... And, plus, see this cloak here? It was given to me by someone else. And, how much longer? Are they done yet?"

((OOC: Also finished the bio of Vierafae, click the link in my sig to have a read :) ))

edited May 2013
    "Almost done" replies the dwarf, seeming more alert now. "Here," he says handing over the fork to the girl, then he grabs a couple of beer steins and moves across the kitchen toward the kegs. "So, Sir Maxwell already signed ya up and had ya take the oath, did he?"
    Try my missions:

thorlief_banner_1.png
    edited May 2013
    Almost snatching the fork with the treasured food as though it were some long lost and priceless relic, she wolfed it down almost unceremoniously

"Mhmm" replying whilst still chewing. "'Eh'sh shined meh uph an' I shwor an' shtuf."
    Swallowing the rest before continuing "Sir Maxwell, yes, he's said it's okay." Looking around the room a bit more thoroughly now, her big red eyes came to bear on the dwarf with a look of almost pure lust "he also said I could help myself to some sweet wine if you, err, WE had any left..."

edited May 2013
    "Ya sure, we gots the wine over...."

In mid word Thorlief throws both full beer steins at her, draws his sword, charges her in an attempt to push her into a corner. Should he succeed he will hold the blade near her face and say, "Ok Trixie, the jig's up. Sir Maxwell don't work here and I just wasted two steins of **** good beer. I want the truth. NOW! Because if you don't I've got pals here a lot less friendly than me."
    Try my missions:

thorlief_banner_1.png
    edited May 2013
    Surprised by the sudden change from a stumbling simpleton to a furious wall of steel and flesh, she's barged into the corner. It doesn't take long for the drow to regain her composure though and narrows her eyes at the stocky man

"Ok muscles, you got me, now what? You have a sword pointed at my face, and I have at least four daggers pointed at you. The real question is who is quicker? I haven't eaten a proper meal in a tenday, I'm cold, and somewhat desperate. I'll be generous and give you a choice though... Do you want to loose an eye, your throat, your heart, or your... Gentlemens?"

edited May 2013
    Surprised by the sudden change from a stumbling simpleton to a furious wall of steel and flesh, she's barged into the corner. It doesn't take long for the drow to regain her composure though and narrows her eyes at the stocky man

"Ok muscles, you got me, now what? You have a sword pointed at my face, and I have at least four daggers pointed at you. The real question is who is quicker? I haven't eaten a proper meal in a tenday, I'm cold, and somewhat desperate. I'll be generous and give you a choice though... Do you want to loose an eye, your throat, your heart, or your... Gentlemens?"

Don't tempt me little girl, I've got few enough scars as it is and no patience with liars. If you want to join me on a swift trip to Kelemvor's home then so be it. Just think **** carefully before you do.
    Try my missions:

thorlief_banner_1.png
    edited May 2013
    "So, we seem to be at an impasse here. We could both kill each other, and I don't know about you, but I for one don't want to die in some back-water tavern in some far-off city by some smelly surface dweller." Wrinkling her nose up at the dwarf, she continues with her tirade
    "Seriously man, when was the last time you bathed? I mean, I've been stranded in this gods forsaken world with nothing to eat but sucking moss or rocks, because the last time I ate one of your berries I was sick for a week. Not to mention the weeks of agony after being brushed by one of those leafy things that grow up here. Have you spent weeks surviving off moss and rashes after being run out of every small hick town you've come across? And even THEN I still managed to bathe!" All but shouting in the dwarf's face by the end

edited May 2013
    "So, we seem to be at an impasse here. We could both kill each other, and I don't know about you, but I for one don't want to die in some back-water tavern in some far-off city by some smelly surface dweller." Wrinkling her nose up at the dwarf, she continues with her tirade
    "Seriously man, when was the last time you bathed? I mean, I've been stranded in this gods forsaken world with nothing to eat but sucking moss or rocks, because the last time I ate one of your berries I was sick for a week. Not to mention the weeks of agony after being brushed by one of those leafy things that grow up here. Have you spent weeks surviving off moss and rashes after being run out of every small hick town you've come across? And even THEN I still managed to bathe!" All but shouting in the dwarf's face by the end

Thorlief laughs loudly, but does not yet ease his grip.

"Bwahaha. You've got some nerve girl, I like that. And it's probably the only honest thing you've said to me tonight. What you smell on me is hard work, something that you don't quite seem to be acquainted with, oh thief of sausages and bread. So what are you looking for in a guild hall at this late hour? Easy pickings? Bah. A job? We have formal interviews during daylight hours. Trying to steal from the boss? Not even the Vilhon Wilds will hide you from our wrath. So it's time for you to start talking girl, and be straight with me for once or by Moradin's wrath it will go hard for ya. Why are you here?"
    Try my missions:

thorlief_banner_1.png
    edited May 2013
    Seeing the dwarf not back down, the drow slumps a little, sighing deep, exhaustion finally taking its toll.

"The truth? Novel. Nevertheless I'll humour you. My name is Vierafae Vandree of House Vandree, 17th House of Menzoberranzan. What am I looking for? Right now, food and a quiet place to sleep. And don't confuse my lack of stench for lack of exertion in labours, dwarf. We may have different... skillsets, and differing methods of using our specific... skillsets, but pay no thought of the fact that I haven't seen my fair share of work. I just don't like to get myself too messy."

Looking down at her degraded clothing, which may have once been a splendid silk tunic and breeces dye black with a trim of purple here an there, she sighs again "You know, I once had one of the finest wardrobes in all of House Vandree. Not that anyone knew of course."
    Poking the tip of the dwarf's sword "Say, you wouldn't mind awfully if you put that thing away, would you? I've had quite enough of swords and axes, torches and pitchforks pointed in my general direction in the past few months..."

edited May 2013
    "Bah, a house elf."

Thorlief lets go of Vierafae and sheaths his sword.

"Make yourself useful and put the beer steins in the sink, will ya?"

He shoves the plate of sausages aside, tosses a little butter into the skillet, and begins to julienne an onion with a long kitchen knife.

"Tell me girl, what kind 'a skills da ya have?"
    Try my missions:

thorlief_banner_1.png
    edited May 2013
    Almost automatically, she picks up the mugs, notices that one of them is cracked from the throw, and tosses them into the sink, and proceeds to wash them, along with all the other dirty, discarded dishes with curious ease and expertise without a complaint

"Well for starters I can handle a knife better than you. You're making a mess of that." Indicating to the onion "I don't even know what that thing is, but I can tell already that you're butchering it.
    And just because I'm a 'House elf' as you put it, don't think I don't know my way around hard work, or a fight. I have just as many scars from knifes in the kitchen as daggers in the back"

edited May 2013
    "It's working dwarf food, something you wouldn't now about. " He tosses the julienned onion in the skillet and starts to cube a rutabaga. "And if ya getting knife scars in the kitchen ya doing it wrong."

After an awkward pause, "Keep talking. So far ya'f only convinced me you should be working at Lefty's dock side dive for "honest" sailors and longshoremen." He gives the skillet a shake. "What other skills ya got?"
    Try my missions:

thorlief_banner_1.png
    edited May 2013
    Finishing with the dishes, Vierafae moves over to lean up against a wall and tilts her head to one side at the dwarf's question
    "Work? You've shown me what you can do, and that you're good at it... Point proven, so to speak. I do much the same, only with more finesse. And a helluva lot more class. So why would you be too interested in what I can do, exactly?"

Looking around some more, she takes in some of the sights in the kitchen and an even more puzzled look crosses her face
    "I've just noticed is that from what I've seen of the establishments of the surface world, this place is a bit different. What exactly is this? And why are you not chasing me out with fire and pitchforks?"

edited May 2013
    Thorlief tosses the cubed rutabaga into the skillet, gives it a shake, then starts to work on a small cabbage.

"That's the trouble with you high born types. I can't tell whether you're pretending to be ignorant, or actually ignorant. Tell me, what made you select this place? The flyers posted around town, or was it the first kitchen you found with an unlocked door? I'm curious because burglarizing an adventurers' guild hall is only slightly safer than insulting Lord Neverember in his hall of justice, and not much upside either. Yer also lucky you found one of the civilized guilds, the less civilized ones would have killed you already. Oh course, they might have died trying if your knife skills equals the boasting you did earlier, but if everyone in this town was as strong as they boast we would have kicked the orcs out of the tower district long ago."

Thorlief grabs what's left of the cooked sausages, slices the quickly, tosses them and the cabbage into the mash, then moves half of it onto a plate, and the other half into a large copper cylinder with a screw top lid.

"Here," he says offering the plate.
    Try my missions:

thorlief_banner_1.png
    edited May 2013
    "Err, thanks..." She replies, looking at the offered plate of strange food before hesitantly taking it, her natural instinct of caution on taking offered items seemingly without a catch overriding her ravenous hunger for the time being. Quizzically, she pokes some of the unfamiliar things on the plate before returning her gaze to the dwarf "...I think.

But, to answer your questions" Continuing, finding a place to sit while waiting for Thorlief to start eating first "I can't say for sure what brought me here. It might have been the postings, it might very well have been the first easily enterable kitchen I came across. I'd been under the light and heat of that gods forsaken thing you call a "sun" all day since arriving to this city in search of- since arriving, so it only seemed right that the weakest looking House be targeted."

Sniffing the food, her nose wrinkles at the different scent "Odd. Hold on, you said guild hall? So you're a band of mercenaries then? That explains a lot..."