What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Wild Hunt - Late Night Heavy Roleplay Guild

Comments

• Options
    spectralhuntspectralhunt Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    "I dunno. The silver stag certainly is an important icon, but I'm not sure what our fearless leader expects it to represent. Maybe someone told him he was going to a stag party once, and our leader misunderstood it's meaning."

"You know Thorlief...the guild could use a permanent janitor."

"The stag symbol fits our guild. We are the Wild Hunt after all. What better way to symbolize a hunt than a stag?"

((BTW Thorlief, your screenies are awesome))
  • Options
    jezyraejezyrae Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited April 2013

"The stag symbol fits our guild. We are the Wild Hunt after all. What better way to symbolize a hunt than a stag?"

((BTW Thorlief, your screenies are awesome))

Listens to the exchange of the importance of the stag and pauses for a moment as a look of concern crosses her face.

"The stag is only symbolic, right?" she inquires hoping for the answer she wanted to hear. "I mean we hunt to protect and serve those who cannot help themselves, right? We don't hunt harmless creatures just for sport...." she says as a desperate tone enters ger normally sweet, calm voice.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    "As you can see, I cannot control how everyone acts at any given moment..."

*points to Thorlief as proof*

"But be rest assured that I personally do not hunt for sport nor will I expect other members of the guild to do so when they are on the clock, as they say."
  • Options
    jezyraejezyrae Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited April 2013
    Breathes a long sigh of relief.

"Glad to hear you say that," she says with a dazzling smile. "So what of this banner? I do think it would be a fine tribute to our group."
  • Options
    eulerdmoogleeulerdmoogle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

"Indeed you do. I was talking to Lt. Silverleaf last night and he said, 'Boy, that Kelian fellow sure leaves a mess wherever he goes.' Somebody has to clean up after you. Oh, and you didn't answer my question."
    Try my missions:
    A Small Dwarvish Grudge: NW-DUI8A8I7R
    The Brink of Disaster: NW-DFDJKW9QF (Still in beta)

thorlief_banner_1.png
  • Options
    eulerdmoogleeulerdmoogle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think Brad and Janet once went in that castle one rainy night. I wonder what happened to them.

ominous.jpg
    Try my missions:

thorlief_banner_1.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    This shot was taken 1 min before the beta 4 servers went down. The lady dressed like a courtesan is Wrekxi, or I think that's how it was spelled. Blacklake is a hell of a place to spend your last few minutes before server shutdown.

1minbefore.jpg
    Try my missions:

thorlief_banner_1.png
  • Options
    pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This shot was taken 1 min before the beta 4 servers went down. The lady dressed like a courtesan is Wrekxi, or I think that's how it was spelled. Blacklake is a hell of a place to spend your last few minutes before server shutdown.

((Wrexi but close enough haha. I had 12 altars in my inventory for some reason so I started throwing them down :P))
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    jezyrae wrote: »
    Breathes a long sigh of relief.

"Glad to hear you say that," she says with a dazzling smile. "So what of this banner? I do think it would be a fine tribute to our group."

"A magnificent work of needle and thread. You have great skill."
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Is that Castle Never in the background?

For those that don't know, Castle Never is the former home of the royal family of Neverwinter, but is now abandoned and haunted by ghosts. In addition, Valindra Shadowmantle of Thay wants to plunder the castle for it's magic artifacts.

castleneverback.jpg
    Try my missions:

thorlief_banner_1.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    "A magnificent work of needle and thread. You have great skill."

*Examining the banner.* "Indeed. Well, I suppose we've all got work to do. Hard work of stone and iron. We have but until the 29th to prepare, because on the 30th, the undead hordes will arrive at the gates of Neverwinter."

---
    OOC - Have you ever heard of a blacksmith named Robert Bakewell? When my character speaks of great works of iron, I'm usually thinking of Bakewell. He's my source of inspiration for many many things. Below is an image from wiki showing the iron gates he made for a silk mill, now the Derby Industrial Museum. Enjoy.

Robert_Bakewell_Silk_Mill_Gates_4758169085_55ae5a896a_o.jpg
    Try my missions:

thorlief_banner_1.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    What? The lighthouse is out? Then how will ships safely.... oh.

lighthouse.jpg
    Try my missions:

thorlief_banner_1.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    When the crypt doors creak and the tombstones quake
    Spooks come out for a swingin' wake
    Happy haunts materialize, and begin to vocalize,
    Grim grinnin' ghosts come out to socialize

creepy.jpg
    Try my missions:

thorlief_banner_1.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    *Examining the banner.* "Indeed. Well, I suppose we've all got work to do. Hard work of stone and iron. We have but until the 29th to prepare, because on the 30th, the undead hordes will arrive at the gates of Neverwinter."

sits and thoughtfully stitches the intricate details of the banner. She looks up briefly and smiles in acknowledgement to the the accolades given.

"Indeed," she adds, "there will be plenty of work to do soon."
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    And here is the market, where honest men try to get a decent deal from dishonest ones. Caveat emptor, quia ignorare non debuit quod jus alienum emit.

market.jpg
    Try my missions:

thorlief_banner_1.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    sits and thoughtfully stitches the intricate details of the banner. She looks up briefly and smiles in acknowledgement to the the accolades given.

"Indeed," she adds, "there will be plenty of work to do soon."

"It is good to know that I will stand with great company."

/glances at Thorlief with a smirk

"Even you my stalwart friend."
  • Options
    shieldwardenshieldwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would love to throw my hat in with this guild. I came a little late to the betas, so I don't have a character made to enter, but I have a couple of ideas. I'm thinking either a Halfling Rogue or a Drow Rogue. My Halfling would be between G-N aligned, and my Drow would be just starting to lean towards Neutral, having just escaped/ran out of Menzoberranzan by his kin.

EDIT: Decided on the Drow. I hope that doesn't disqualify my candidacy, since he's recently started to lean towards Neutral from the Evil of his race.
    "Living on the surface has been a strange adjustment for me. It's brighter, the colors are more varied and, well...
    less people are trying to kill me."
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I would love to throw my hat in with this guild. I came a little late to the betas, so I don't have a character made to enter, but I have a couple of ideas. I'm thinking either a Halfling Rogue or a Drow Rogue. My Halfling would be between G-N aligned, and my Drow would be just starting to lean towards Neutral, having just escaped/ran out of Menzoberranzan by his kin.

EDIT: Decided on the Drow. I hope that doesn't disqualify my candidacy, since he's recently started to lean towards Neutral from the Evil of his race.

I doubt the guildmaster will have a problem with that, but if I EVER find out you've set up a shrine to Lolth I will tie your stupid pointed eared head to my anvil and beat some sense into you with my hammer. Understood?
    Try my missions:

thorlief_banner_1.png
  • Options
    shieldwardenshieldwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I doubt the guildmaster will have a problem with that, but if I EVER find out you've set up a shrine to Lolth I will tie your stupid pointed eared head to my anvil and beat some sense into you with my hammer. Understood?

lol Fair enough. But Zeskel was never much for the religious aspects of his people. Also, I went ahead and applied on the website. Seemed prudent.
    "Living on the surface has been a strange adjustment for me. It's brighter, the colors are more varied and, well...
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    lol Fair enough. But Zeskel was never much for the religious aspects of his people. Also, I went ahead and applied on the website. Seemed prudent.

Indeed that is prudent, and as far as I know necessary. Assuming the boss approves you, welcome aboard.
    Try my missions:

thorlief_banner_1.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Thanks! I'm really hoping. You guys seem like a cool bunch. ^__^
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I am sure if you go with a reformed, and mostly well intentioned character, race should not be an issue. Just because someone is born into an "evil" environment, doesn't necessarily mean that is the path they will take.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I just approved Zeskel. :)

To reiterate, all races and classes will be accepted to the guild as long as the character is of good or neutral alignment. I will only stop recruitment of a certain race if we get too many of one kind (the only exception being human).
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I just approved Zeskel. :)

To reiterate, all races and classes will be accepted to the guild as long as the character is of good or neutral alignment. I will only stop recruitment of a certain race if we get too many of one kind (the only exception being human).

Hey! Isn't that a bit racist? <giggle>
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Hey! Isn't that a bit racist? <giggle>

You have to excuse the humans for being human. Being unnaturally tall does things to one's brain.
    Try my missions:

thorlief_banner_1.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Sweet! Thanks for having me! I really like the idea of this guild both IC and OOC, and can't wait to meet all of your characters! ^_____^
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Speaking if stereotypes, let's talk about dwarven stereotypes for a moment. I'm sure you've all heard the rumours, that we dwarves are good with iron and stone and we prefer axes and hammers over swords. However, I'm sure you've also heard that we're tight with money, that we drink too much, that we hold grudges over multiple generations, that we're tight with money, that we're often dour and grumpy, that we don't particularly get along with the elves, and that we're tight with money. Now I want to put all these rumours aside and tell you now before all the people of the city and say they're all true. ... All of them. Get used to it.
    Try my missions:

thorlief_banner_1.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    *Pops up awkwardly from behind the crowd, finger upraised.*
    "Umm... question?... How can you drink too much if you're tight with your money? Just a thought."
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    "Umm... question?... How can you drink too much if you're tight with your money? Just a thought."

I said we drink too much, I didn't say that we're always the one buying. In fact, if you're buying the next round, I can explain how this works.
    Try my missions:

thorlief_banner_1.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013

They make their own beer.