What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fix for cleric threat.

Comments

• Options
    plasmabeatplasmabeat Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Today we tried Lair of the Mad Dragon, and it was a real panic.
    All the adds were on me during the Dragon inc.
    Oh, im lv 35 cleric
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mievhmievh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So, let me get this straight- I have to remove all my gear before changing a zone/instance, then put it back up? Or remove it once I've entered a new zone/instance?
    Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
  • Options
    mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    mievh wrote: »
    So, let me get this straight- I have to remove all my gear before changing a zone/instance, then put it back up? Or remove it once I've entered a new zone/instance?

Removing gear once zoning into a new zone works for me and then putting it back in in that same zone.
    ~*~ Foundry missions: Stronghold Branax : Goblin menace : Forwyn crypts ~*~
  • Options
    cnwhitenightcnwhitenight Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for the information, I hope the devs dont fix your investigation as a bug.....
  • Options
    armlpeglegarmlpegleg Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im sceptical. Building tanky anyways instead. Cant trust them pugs.
  • Options
    missusmissus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mewbrey wrote: »
    Heya, did you make sure to remove all gear including chain main under clothing and trinkets? If some prehaps the fix needs more fine tuning. Also anyone that would like to help it would be interesting to know if you have any feat points in threat reduction be it 1/3 or 3/3 and of course 0/3.

As from what I am seeing now it seams to have mixed success and could be a much deeper issue, wish you could inspect peoples build and gear on the forums would help a great deal in these situations to see who is using what and getting what result.

Another thing you can try if the original fix has not worked is when logging on for the first time before zoning into any new zones or dungeons is to take all the gear off in town and throw it back on, rather than waiting to zone into a dungeon before do it.

Sorry that it has not worked smoothly for you. :(

so mew what is your build? I can try to duplicate your build and test it with my Guardian husband, we should be able to add helpful data to prove or disprove your theory.
  • Options
    mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    missus wrote: »
    so mew what is your build? I can try to duplicate your build and test it with my Guardian husband, we should be able to add helpful data to prove or disprove your theory.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?188622-My-Cleric-Build&p=2621612#post2621612

That should have the needed information. :)
    Please note that all videos in that post where pre-using this fix.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thanks! this will help alot I hope. I just need to equalize my husband and i's levels, he is 42 and I am 38, because I am 100% certain being lower level also adds aggro.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Wait, so do you have Soothe at 3 or 1 currently? think I read you had it at 1/3 but that build is 3/3. I have it at 2/3 currently.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    missus wrote: »
    Wait, so do you have Soothe at 3 or 1 currently? think I read you had it at 1/3 but that build is 3/3. I have it at 2/3 currently.

I have soothe at rank 3, my feat reduction in threat is 1/3 (2% threat reduction) I have forgotten the name of the feat however and the servers are down at the moment. :(
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had posted it in the bug area, but it got very little attention and faded down the post list. At least in the cleric area more people will see it is my hope :)

Okay that's good. As a beta and alpha tester - I can *assure* you the Devs always read the bugs forum - every hour almost. They subscribe to those foams and I can guarantee you they've seen the post. The problem is they are all pretty swamped right and so they don;t post in forums too often.

It took a while for us in beta and alpha to get used to that - but we did! :)
  • Options
    pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Scientific method.
  • Options
    prunetracyprunetracy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If I believed this an exploit I would have not posted this on here to try and help other clerics and would have just bug reported it.

Oh, I wasn't implying it was an exploit. I was just joking that to the dismay of us all, they'd fix the bug with cleric threat, but in the wrong direction.
  • Options
    pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This bugs do happen.

But unless you can replicate that the fix works, I fear you might be convincing yourself it works. Use same team, same dungeon over and over. Clothes on , clothes off.

If there is a CLEAR difference then you have something.
  • Options
    doomsday22kdoomsday22k Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I gave this a try yesterday but only had enough time to run a t1 idris.
    I have to say there could be something to it. Early trash mobs seemed less interested in me
    and more interested in the team. On the first boss in fact some ran right past me and went and attacked melee classes that were well away from the spawn point. I am not really used to seeing that.

On Idris herself, adds seemed to lose interest in me a lot faster. I only have soothe to rank 3.
    Not using any feats for reduction. I really need to try it on a T2 where the add swarm is a lot bigger.
  • Options
    montiblancmontiblanc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 97
    edited May 2013
    im under the impression this only works with soothe on for some reason...
  • Options
    doomsday22kdoomsday22k Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes. I generally don't have soothe on, because it was doing *nothing* for me.
    Yesterday I re-equipped it.

My task list in a new zone was to dismiss pet. Take off all my gear. Put soothe on the bar, recall pet.
    Then put all my gear back on.
  • Options
    montiblancmontiblanc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 97
    edited May 2013
    so I guess it is somewhat confirmed that this hotfix only works for those that have Soothe to begin with, while Soothe by itself does nothing?
  • Options
    muceasmuceas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The threat a DC receives is just insane at this moment, even with all the threat reduction bonuses maxed up. I am playing a rogue with no threat reduction (it's a pvp rogue) and unless I fall asleep playing I barely need any heals. I never died on my rogue unless we had a wipe... How is that even possible??? At times I pretty much tank bosses with my cleric, that is absurd.
  • Options
    mievhmievh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I went to the Lair of the Mad Dragon some days ago... and we couldn't finish it because all the mabs instantly wanted to **** me. I don't know what's wrong anymore.

I don't know if the Devs have even acknowledged this was indeed a bug.
    Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
  • Options
    serverguyserverguy Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developers Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have forwarded this to the developers. Thanks.
  • Options
    egoboostedegoboosted Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, Clerics generally can't/shouldn't use any direct heals at the moment as there seems to be very little a tank can do to keep threat on more than one single mob.
  • Options
    shalloh1shalloh1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    serverguy wrote: »

THANK YOU! Finally some action.
  • Options
    speeduk62speeduk62 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just done a skirmish at lvl 29 on my cleric. Cast one heal - agro the whole room and die. LOL
  • Options
    gorgothusgorgothus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    Going to try this on my GF and see if it gives me threat LoL
    ~FOUNDRY MISSION~ The Village on Ebon Lake ~Check it out!~
    Search Code NW-DQ3S67EKX
    H.P Lovecraft style Horror
  • Options
    mjperkinsmjperkins Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    serverguy wrote: »

Please be sure to offer a free respec to all server characters when threat is fixed. Many of us have spent cash to remove threat reduction feats and powers because they are a waste. Rogues and Clerics are currently tanks.
    Recruitment Officer for
    End Game PvE Guild
    Recruitment Status: Open; Limited
  • Options
    psychickittypsychickitty Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah I don't see a change either from doing this.

I still get primary agro......and in fact what ever the agro count variable is, I can actually go into areas with out doing a heal or attack and have enemies stop attacking other players to come after me only.

Power without Perception is Spiritually useless and therefore of no true value.

=^_^=

• Options
    yukishiro3yukishiro3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 94
    edited May 2013
    mjperkins wrote: »
    Please be sure to offer a free respec to all server characters when threat is fixed. Many of us have spent cash to remove threat reduction feats and powers because they are a waste. Rogues and Clerics are currently tanks.

lol good luck with that
  • Options
    everunlivingeverunliving Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tried this in skirmish pit fight, there was another cleric and we had a tank in party, threat for me seemed to be back to what it was in beta before it got screwed up, the other cleric who didnt try this, had adds on her most of the time i had to heal her more than the tank lol
  • Options
    kayslickkayslick Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for this little tid bit. It seems noticeable but if you don't manage your heals properly you can still get pretty <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. At least it helps a ton when you do, unlike before doing this. If it wasn't for this I would have quit my DC due to frustration.