test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Who will occupy this game in a few months?

jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Right now the game is being exploited like crazy.

There are exploits and tricks to farm T1, T2 and seals. In a few days these items will be worthless. The value of most epic items in general is falling rapidly as more of it hits the AH.

Soon anyone with a few thousand AD can purchase any gear that they like.

However, the people that thrive on acquiring gear and moving through progression will be done.

I see this ending up just like CO and STO. Populated by those interested in community, RP and a slower pace in their day to day MMO experience. The Foundry will become increasingly popular, but The Foundry doesn't give Phat Lewtz

So game on little power gamers.. Game on.. Make everything cheap for the rest of us and then quickly burn out and move on

:o
Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."
Post edited by jnaathra on

Comments

• Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm already at a point where I just login in daily for 30 seconds to pray and get my coin in hopes this game gets fixed. Once I hit 60 my desire to play abruptly reached zero.

Love the combat and graphics. Just baffled at how they implemented money in this game and what costs what.

Really regret spending the $250 that I have on this game. Really regretting it. Definitely will be the last time I pre-order anything.... and Cryptic is on the fast track of joining EA on my game boycott list. I really should have learned my lesson with STO.
  • Options
    narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they fix the foundry issues I will be enjoying it for a long time to come, even with the problems I am enjoying the content other players have come up with.
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • Options
    bridgemongerbridgemonger Member Posts: 194 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Herpes of Neverwinter.
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    narathkor wrote: »
    If they fix the foundry issues I will be enjoying it for a long time to come, even with the problems I am enjoying the content other players have come up with.

^This. The Foundry can give limitless possibilities. All kinds of stories.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    startuxstartux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    I'm already at a point where I just login in daily for 30 seconds to pray and get my coin in hopes this game gets fixed. Once I hit 60 my desire to play abruptly reached zero.

Love the combat and graphics. Just baffled at how they implemented money in this game and what costs what.

Really regret spending the $250 that I have on this game. Really regretting it. Definitely will be the last time I pre-order anything.... and Cryptic is on the fast track of joining EA on my game boycott list. I really should have learned my lesson with STO.

Pre-ordering or pre-purchasing is risky, even Totalbiscuit advises in general against it, however I like STO, especially with the improvements (and LoR) so took the chance with Neverwinter and have not regretted it in the slightest.

YMMV as always...
  • Options
    pvthudsonpvthudson Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not a good sign. Cryptic already is low in resources for their other games. I hate the way this game works at the moment in PVP also which is a joke.
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I will be here for a long time, clearing end-game content and earning my gear having a blast. I'm thankful to say I havent purchased one piece of my gear on the AH, I've earned it all.

If I were a forum moderator in a game like this, or any other MMO for that matter. For the first 3 months the only forum posts would be that of "Bug Report". Anything else would be removed. These forums are flooded with people crying about everything, and clearly, many of us out here are having a blast and loving this game. These forums are a source of laughter and entertainment for me while I'm at work because of the rediculous **** people come up with to cry about on a daily basis.
  • Options
    infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013

No offense man, but I knew this would come and Im 100% sure theres alot more Heroes of the North out there hiding who WOEFULLY regret their purchase.

You can NEVER EVER EVER justify +200$ for a game that is in beta or pre-launch or what **** ever you want to call this phase.

Im so happy I got the Guardian pack, because 200$ is a SCAM.

An so is the Zen store.
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • Options
    jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    munkey81 wrote: »
    I will be here for a long time, clearing end-game content and earning my gear having a blast. I'm thankful to say I havent purchased one piece of my gear on the AH, I've earned it all.

If I were a forum moderator in a game like this, or any other MMO for that matter. For the first 3 months the only forum posts would be that of "Bug Report". Anything else would be removed. These forums are flooded with people crying about everything, and clearly, many of us out here are having a blast and loving this game. These forums are a source of laughter and entertainment for me while I'm at work because of the rediculous **** people come up with to cry about on a daily basis.

Unless you are playing for 30 minutes a day, you will not be clearing the current endgame content for months.

The people not interested in gear though, will be working through Foundry content for much longer.
    Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Get to 60 then talk.

By the way... what makes your opinion the right one? Why is every other paying customer that doesn't share your opinion not allowed to voice it? What makes you so special.

Grow up spoiled kid.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Current GS of 10891 at lvl 60, thx though for thinking you know what your talking about =)

I didnt say my opinion is the right one, by pure defition opinion is on a singular basis. Asking to nerf and buff everything short of everything in the entire game, people like you are what ruin games from the start. Its only been out 18 days. Give it a chance

[IMG][/img]Barabus_zps6e050979.jpg
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Get to 60 then talk.

By the way... what makes your opinion the right one? Why is every other paying customer that doesn't share your opinion not allowed to voice it? What makes you so special.

Grow up spoiled kid.

Opinions and complaints are fine if exposed critically and without insults/freaking out. Seen a few of those, buried in the general white noise of people who as usual had no clue about the game but still shelled out money and now are angry.

Of course the leeches asking for everything for free are a different proposition but hopefully soon another game comes out so they can go infest that forum instead
  • Options
    therealdestiantherealdestian Member Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    Asking to nerf and buff everything short of everything in the entire game, people like you are what ruin games from the start. Its only been out 18 days. Give it a chance

This thread isn't even about nerfing or buffing...

It's about all of the exploiting happening in game and how quickly players are going to burn through content.
  • Options
    therealdestiantherealdestian Member Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    mutharex wrote: »
    Of course the leeches asking for everything for free are a different proposition but hopefully soon another game comes out so they can go infest that forum instead

1. No one with any sense is asking for anything for free.

2. When what you propose happens, NW will be a barren wasteland populated by the few remaining no-lifers who refuse to leave, standing around saying "My flaming is more amazing than your flaming horse!" to each other because there's no one left who doesn't have one.
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

It's about all of the exploiting happening in game and how quickly players are going to burn through content.

There is a category of MMO players that will burn through content anyway, whatever the size, with or without exploits, so that they can get to 'endgame'. Those usually are the ones that leave a the month, 2 months mark. I wasn't expecting them here (the game doesn't seem to be made for them, quite the opposite), but apparently they leave no stone unturned
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Thats the problem. "Most" players are "not" able to burn through content, because they cant figure out how to play the class's effectively, thus the forums being flooded with nerf and buff threads. Have you even read any of these threads?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    1. No one with any sense is asking for anything for free.

2. When what you propose happens, NW will be a barren wasteland populated by the few remaining no-lifers who refuse to leave, standing around saying "My flaming is more amazing than your flaming horse!" to each other because there's no one left who doesn't have one.

Honestly, there are quite a few voices asking for free stuff but whatever. I don't see the 'damage' if people who don't spend a diem leave. What good are they? They just clutter the server. And the 'endgamers' will leave anyway, they always do after a month
  • Options
    ursadorableursadorable Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    I'll still be here playing, unless A) Elder Scrolls Online is out, or B) They shut down the servers.

All I can see is that all the whiners will rage quit, and then I can finally turn zone chat back on. Your complaints don't affect my gameplay, other than filling the forums with whining and snivilling.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    infi321 wrote: »
    You can NEVER EVER EVER justify +200$ for a game that is in beta or pre-launch or what **** ever you want to call this phase.

Of course I can. I have zero regrets, and I spent way more on this game than just the $200 for the HotN founder pack. If I stopped playing right now, it would already have been a good purchase based on the hours of genuine fun I got out of the game since the 25th. I can't say the same for the countless $40-60 boxed games I have bought that I was done with after 2-10 hours each. NW is in better shape now than many of those so-called releases. The game will probably save me quite a bit money over the next few months.

I have also spent more than $200 on various CEs of games over the years, so this isn't really very unusual. Heck, I have pledged significantly more to Kickstarter projects for games, too. And you know? Two hundred is two evenings out in a decent restaurant. As with everything you buy that is non-essential (and most everything is), it all depends on how much value you personally get out of it.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    sadmummysadmummy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I am having a blast and loving the game, and I still have some big complains.
    I'm going to tell your proposal to my clients at work. After I deliver something to them, they can't tell me anything but bugs for 3 months. I hope your suggestion makes them happy clients.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    startux wrote: »
    Pre-ordering or pre-purchasing is risky, even Totalbiscuit advises in general against it, however I like STO, especially with the improvements (and LoR) so took the chance with Neverwinter and have not regretted it in the slightest.

YMMV as always...

Im not a huge TB fan, but that anti-preordering video he made I like alot, more people should really take it seriously.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    Of course I can. I have zero regrets, and I spent way more on this game than just the $200 for the HotN founder pack. If I stopped playing right now, it would already have been a good purchase based on the hours of genuine fun I got out of the game since the 25th. I can't say the same for the countless $40-60 boxed games I have bought that I was done with after 2-10 hours each. NW is in better shape now than many of those so-called releases. The game will probably save me quite a bit money over the next few months.

I have also spent more than $200 on various CEs of games over the years, so this isn't really very unusual. Heck, I have pledged significantly more to Kickstarter projects for games, too. And you know? Two hundred is two evenings out in a decent restaurant. As with everything you buy that is non-essential (and most everything is), it all depends on how much value you personally get out of it.

+10!

Could not have said it better myself.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'll still be here playing, unless A) Elder Scrolls Online is out, or B) They shut down the servers.

All I can see is that all the whiners will rage quit, and then I can finally turn zone chat back on. Your complaints don't affect my gameplay, other than filling the forums with whining and snivilling.

yep. Somehow they think that if they leave this game will die.. it will actually improve. Less load, they will merge the shards and the game will go on like all the other games that trolls said were going to die the moment they left...
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm at 60, a couple times now....I'm still having a blast, so is everyone I know who is playing is as well, bottom line is if you don't like this game today you won't tomorrow, I think what a lot of forum members are more than a bit tired of is the endless stream of negativity, by the same five people.

spending ten to sixteen hours a day making variations of the same eight snarky comments goes beyond a disatisfied customer, and several of these people haven't spent a dime and won't yet still are complaininag as if they are owed something.

It just serves no pratical purpose other than keeping forum drama high.

Get to 60 then talk.

Grow up spoiled kid.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »

You dont get my point at all. Putting 200$ into something youve barely played is a bad practice.

Im sure you had lots of fun, but its the sole fact that putting 200$ into something you only had a fraction of knowledge about is, silly. Even considering you played the beta weekends alot.

So no, I dont agree with you.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You dont get my point at all. Putting 200$ into something youve barely played is a bad practice.

Im sure you had lots of fun, but its the sole fact that putting 200$ into something you only had a fraction of knowledge about is, silly. Even considering you played the beta weekends alot.

So no, I dont agree with you.

If he has the money, it's not really silly PER SE
    It's silly if after he starts complaining that the game isn't like he wanted it to be...

Having said that, I didn't see the value of the HoTN package myself
  • Options
    mai0mai0 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    idk if I'll stay on this game. there's a lot of exploiting going on and I'm tired of it..so I may just stick w/ pwi since I've been there for years already. It might be a broken game too..but at least its harder to exploit.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sadmummy wrote: »
    I am having a blast and loving the game, and I still have some big complains.
    I'm going to tell your proposal to my clients at work. After I deliver something to them, they can't tell me anything but bugs for 3 months. I hope your suggestion makes them happy clients.

Totally differant scenario. As MMORPG history, everyone knows when the game first comes out there are many things that need to be dealt with, and they all are in order of importance to the game makers. If they shut down the client, and patched all the whines, nerfs and buffs people are talking about, it would be like every other game out there. Instead of crying about everything, if you feel something is a bug. Report it, and move on. You (in general) not being able to clear a dungeon because "you" cannot figure out how to play a class, is not a legitimate complaint.
  • Options
    delekii1delekii1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    ^This. The Foundry can give limitless possibilities. All kinds of stories.
    All kinds of stories, and yet so many of them feel entirely familiar. Unfortunately, with limited tilesets and graphics, it's like reading very different books using the same pictures; your brain starts to revolt at the fact that Drow Priestess Yvanna who slew the house Laana lord and was in turn slain by your hero looks so very similar to Drow Priestess Xorkelbork who summoned the great cataclysm of Grekkabork...

It suffers from the same issues as all player-created content does - familiarity breeds contempt eventually. I'm sure there are many players who can put aside the lack of difference in tilesets and monster sets and read the text players type into their quests with great enjoyment. I'm not one unfortunately.. there are some really creative quests, but they are starting to bleed in to each other too much. I can't really take another "you were really just dreaming!" plot device.
  • Options
    ursadorableursadorable Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    Im sure you had lots of fun, but its the sole fact that putting 200$ into something you only had a fraction of knowledge about is, silly.

Some people have these things called jobs and some even have extra disposable income. If they are not going to missed the $200, who are you to say they are being silly? Not everyone lives where the economy sucks and have to worry about ever nickel and dime.