test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Who will occupy this game in a few months?

13»

Comments

• Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm pretty sure the dude I'm ripping apart with my rogue or is healing in my dungeon is still providing ME with content, regardless of how much he pays or doesn't pay.

Leaving the game dead and empty is bad.

Bad economy, bad queues, bad guild recruiting. Bad, bad, bad...

If you can't understand the ramifications of a game that was designed to have a large number of players playing it NOT having a large number of players playing it, then I'm basically trying to teach algebra to a cat, here.

No, it's PWE, with it's 20 or so empty servers.

I see this isn't going nowhere. STO proves that the dynamics at play here are different. But whatever never mind

BTW they design their games with heavy instancing and one shard for a reason, you know?
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chai23 wrote: »
    Depends on who stays and who leave. The big spenders who keep the servers afloat do not stay around demographically if the game is a ghost town due to most of the others leaving. They are usually around 3-4% of the players tops. This is why it is well understood in the f2p monetized games that the free players are still important.

Seems to be working fine for STO, another game with a strong IP and people playing it mostly just for that.
    And hey, NWO is actually a lot 'better' than STO. But anyway, opinions, opinions, opinions. They ALL mean squat at the end of the day, in 2-3 months we will see
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    Meow.

You know, the surreal aspect here is that the game is so crowded that every night the servers lag under the load of users, and lots of people genuinely enjoy their time, create or play foundries, some of which have 60,000+ plays, quest or explore alts, and when you come to the forum you could think the game is on its last leg. The contrast between the in-game atmosphere and the mood on the forum is stark.

But then again, MMORPG forums, and gaming forums in general, always seem to be that way.

Yeah, I decided to just avoid these threads, you can't really reason with some people, I gonna stick to informative threads for the next 30-45 days. Enjoy!
  • Options
    nationalcity1nationalcity1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    munkey81 wrote: »
    I will be here for a long time, clearing end-game content and earning my gear having a blast. I'm thankful to say I havent purchased one piece of my gear on the AH, I've earned it all.

If I were a forum moderator in a game like this, or any other MMO for that matter. For the first 3 months the only forum posts would be that of "Bug Report". Anything else would be removed. These forums are flooded with people crying about everything, and clearly, many of us out here are having a blast and loving this game. These forums are a source of laughter and entertainment for me while I'm at work because of the rediculous **** people come up with to cry about on a daily basis.

First of all what end game content? The same dungeons over just in epic versions wohoooo how fun.....

I mean I guess we should give you a /golfclap because you didn't purchase anything on the AH you earned it.......

Your basically looking down on others for crying/whining as you put it but then your whole post starts reeking of arrogance, I mean you sound like for some reason you think your better then everyone......

People are stating there concerns now if you don't agree well that's fine but to put blinders on and pretend everything is fine when it's not is just how did you put it "ridiculous"

And then to bash others because you don't agree with there views basically doesn't really make us hold you up to any higher standard then the people your complaining about......
  • Options
    forumalterforumalter Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    I'm already burned out with a ripe ol lvl 41 rogue. But Im not burnt out from playing content, I'm burned out from the cost of simply playing in the game. And I'm at a point that my talents & feats are all screwed up because I dumped 1 point into some talents to see what they were, how they worked etc...and feats based on what I thought the game offered or benefited my character when it turns out it's changed over the course of leveling.

I haven't spent a dime on this game but would have long ago had the p2w structure been different or better.
  • Options
    bpphantombpphantom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll still be here in a few months.
    - bpphantom

Grace, Tiefling Devoted Cleric

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman."
  • Options
    someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only serious issue I can see with the game is the lack of ability to remove socketed gems. Rank 7 costs over 200k to remove, and you can have a dozen in your gear at once. I don't even want to think of what a rank 10 would cost. If they let us destroy gear to reclaim enchantments, the system would be perfect. As it is, it means you need a constant, HUGE stream of AD to cover gear replacement. Even if you don't buy the gear, you're looking at 200k+ per piece of new gear. If they regularly release new tiers...
  • Options
    orangerascalorangerascal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hoping there is more pvp and more classes in a few months.
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First of all what end game content? The same dungeons over just in epic versions wohoooo how fun.....

Your basically looking down on others for crying/whining as you put it but then your whole post starts reeking of arrogance, I mean you sound like for some reason you think your better then everyone......

People are stating there concerns now if you don't agree well that's fine but to put blinders on and pretend everything is fine when it's not is just how did you put it "ridiculous"

I am not looking down on anyone, I'm conveying the fact that many people are not having any troubles with healing, or tanking. Because you feel its broken, doesnt mean it is. If I can figure it out, and many others have, then so should you.

Go watch the youtube video of talgath and valindras pet on youtube, then tell me healing is broken, and gf's are bad. Prime example of people that have figured it out, and are doing great.
  • Options
    ursadorableursadorable Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    forumalter wrote: »
    I'm already burned out with a ripe ol lvl 41 rogue.

Can I have your stuff?
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kaerthus wrote: »
    To me what is pretty amazing is the sheer negativity you see in the forums and zone chat over a game that hasn't even left open beta yet.

No MMO is perfect, let alone right of the bat, but NWO got a great start. No current or in development MMO even remotely interests me at the moment, so I'll be here till they kick me out.

Hopefully all these negative whiners will be gone soon and we can merge into a single shard with a great community.

All that negativity means exactly nothing though...this game is already making Cryptic money hand over fist, the news media (with the exception of a couple Indie LoL bloggers) are pretty much raving about it and no matter how much crying you see not a single one of them isn't actually not supporting the game (you post here you're supporting it unless you are here at the behest of a Astroturfing company) So big returns favorable media and the standard twelve haters that MMO's have.

I would call that a win.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I will be !
    Made 47 this morning , I'm just a leveling machine . I found another foundry quest I like , it had drow trying to sneak into neverwinter through some portal in some nobels basement .
  • Options
    cookieyumyummycookieyumyummy Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    The Foundry is a nice touch, but pales in comparison to what you can do in games like Neverwinter Nights, which still has a large and kicking roleplaying community.

What I am saying is, having other sources, the Foundry alone can't keep me here, and sadly, how the way things look, that is the only thing Neverwinter has going for them in terms of being unique compared to other MMORPGS.
  • Options
    infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You don't have to. It's been about 25 years since I needed anyone's permission to buy something that I wanted. :p

I have no issues with how you spend (or not) your money. I just don't get why you are so concerned with how others spend theirs. Be happy we got the HotN packs as it will help to fund the upkeep and future development. Besides, you could and can try out Neverwinter before handing over any cash. All those $60 boxed games? Those you have to buy blindly. But with NW I knew exactly what I was getting, and I never regretted it.

Its not an obsession about others money. its an obsession about enlightening people with the truth and when a bad deal is a bad deal.
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    infi321 wrote: »
    Its not an obsession about others money. its an obsession about enlightening people with the truth and when a bad deal is a bad deal.

Your "truth" or my "truth"? According to my truth, the HotN pack has been absolutely worth it and I would buy it again! :)

So, again, stop worrying about what others do with their money, because you have zero control over their decisions. Life gets a lot easier once you really "get" that you are the only person you have any actual control over.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    therealdestiantherealdestian Member Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    Meow.

You know, the surreal aspect here is that the game is so crowded that every night the servers lag under the load of users, and lots of people genuinely enjoy their time, create or play foundries, some of which have 60,000+ plays, quest or explore alts, and when you come to the forum you could think the game is on its last leg. The contrast between the in-game atmosphere and the mood on the forum is stark.

But then again, MMORPG forums, and gaming forums in general, always seem to be that way.

And I'm enjoying the game as well, but EVERY MMO experiences a large surge when it launches (and this one hasn't even officially launched yet) followed by a burndown period afterwards.

What I forgot to mention earlier is that non-paying players provide another huge asset to the game in the form of driving zen demand on the AD exchange.
  • Options
    therealdestiantherealdestian Member Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    mutharex wrote: »
    Yeah, I decided to just avoid these threads, you can't really reason with some people, I gonna stick to informative threads for the next 30-45 days. Enjoy!

You can't attempt to "reason" with people when you don't bring any reasoning to the table.

You've stated that you think it's good that the playerbase of the game empties out in droves, demonstrating that you have no concept of the way the population of an MMO influences its many facets.

Again, cat algebra.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    infi321 wrote: »

Yeah I don't think folks want you to enlighten them especially since people see someone with either an agenda or who is being compensated when they read things like this.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!