What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Envy's DPS Guardian Fighter compendium.

Comments

• Options
    koromiyashikoromiyashi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Exactly. I agree with you that's why I'm switching up my build.
  • Options
    koromiyashikoromiyashi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do you plan on running Vorpal Enchantment?
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Do you plan on running Vorpal Enchantment?

Waaay in the future, I do. For now Plague Fire works fine.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • Options
    elmistercoldhearelmistercoldhear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how to get crit? without the cat:?
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tVp2E6c.png

9 Tenebrous procs from 1 cleave hit.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    renokyozumirenokyozumi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tVp2E6c.png

9 Tenebrous procs from 1 cleave hit.

how many Base power do you have now without factoring in Reckless attacker ? Kinda want to get a guage of when to stop getting power entirely.
  • Options
    lexairrlexairr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Two of the three encounter powers, Bull Charge and Frontline Surge, pin down the enemy. What do you think of changing out Improved Vigor for Reinforced Surge, and putting the 3 extra heroic points into Pin Down? This would add somewhere around 1.25 seconds of prone to Frontline Surge (base time + 1s + 15%) and increase Bull Charge prone by 15%.

Improved Vigor recharges AP 10% faster. I sorta feel like having an extra second of prone from Frontline Surge is better than 10% extra DPS on the dailies.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lexairr wrote: »
    Two of the three encounter powers, Bull Charge and Frontline Surge, pin down the enemy. What do you think of changing out Improved Vigor for Reinforced Surge, and putting the 3 extra heroic points into Pin Down? This would add somewhere around 1.25 seconds of prone to Frontline Surge (base time + 1s + 15%) and increase Bull Charge prone by 15%.

Improved Vigor recharges AP 10% faster. I sorta feel like having an extra second of prone from Frontline Surge is better than 10% extra DPS on the dailies.

It's preference. I prefer the AP gain for dungeons. I have full AP for every pull.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    renokyozumirenokyozumi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been running a pure power GF for awhile I do pretty low DPS to be honest.

Frankly You just need crit. I was running a tactician Specced GF before respeccing at 60 and I am usually the 2nd - 3rd top in damage in dungeons and 1st in damage taken.

Even with just % bonus damage towards CC targets and without 100% power from reckless attacker i was able to do big numbers from crit alone.
  • Options
    elmistercoldhearelmistercoldhear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    did not understand what the table tenebrous power? incantations?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    how many Base power do you have now without factoring in Reckless attacker ? Kinda want to get a guage of when to stop getting power entirely.

Well I have ~7k power right now so half of that.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    did not understand what the table tenebrous power? incantations?

Im sorry I cant understand what youre trying to ask.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    gigplaygigplay Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nevermind, I know what you talking about.
  • Options
    sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You never want to stop getting power, it's linear. It's more of when do you stop getting crit or recovery in favor of power.
  • Options
    rokuthyrokuthy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 179 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    sanctumlol wrote: »
    You never want to stop getting power, it's linear. It's more of when do you stop getting crit or recovery in favor of power.

Right, in every MMO I've ever played, TC'ing a DPS class always went the same way - Stat until % > Stat until % > Base damage modifier (power).

So in this game you just have to figure out Recovery % (most important), Crit % (until strong DR), -> power

ie. Recovery to 3,000 > 30% crit > Power.
    @rokuthy on Mindflayer
    Play my foundry campaign, Vermilion: Spirit of Gevaudan. The first quest, The Desperate Messenger is now available @ NWS-DM44FZM2W
  • Options
    wedjatiwedjati Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Considering Power's value is almost doubled from Reckless Attacker, wouldn't that make Power more valuable than Crit/Recovery? Unless Crit/Recovery are worth twice as much as Power, which seems unlikely to me.
  • Options
    zxornzxorn Member Posts: 160 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I have a slight min maxing question that I thought might be answerable here:

"Two swords that shall remain nameless"

By comparing just offensive stats between the two one has 13 more base dmg but a lose of ~200power and ~200crit.

I'm curious if anyone has crunched numbers enough to know if the base dmg is worth the loss of offensive stats, even considering the Conq end talent.

This is considering t1/t2 gearsets. ~2200 power and 15%crit
  • Options
    nottiboinottiboi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    can i ask what is the best defense and ultility enchants for GF?
  • Options
    gorulkgorulk Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In heroic Dungeons do you use "Knight's Valor" for any engagement? because I'm debating whether to get it or not. Would help a TON!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    rokuthy wrote: »
    Right, in every MMO I've ever played, TC'ing a DPS class always went the same way - Stat until % > Stat until % > Base damage modifier (power).

So in this game you just have to figure out Recovery % (most important), Crit % (until strong DR), -> power

ie. Recovery to 3,000 > 30% crit > Power.

The problem here is that power gets doubled, so crit is less valuable than power A LOT faster.
  • Options
    rokuthyrokuthy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 179 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The problem here is that power gets doubled, so crit is less valuable A LOT faster.

My values were completely made up, just stating the example. Like I said, I've gone with a full DPS setup and high crit (26%) vs. my Stalwart setup, and the Stalwart dominates.
    @rokuthy on Mindflayer
    Play my foundry campaign, Vermilion: Spirit of Gevaudan. The first quest, The Desperate Messenger is now available @ NWS-DM44FZM2W
  • Options
    sadmummysadmummy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been reading all the posts and there are 3 statements I've read that I can't understand togeather

You say you are able to tank.
    You only go for dps stats.
    You say you never block because you have enough base defensive stats.

I can understand you can take aggro, better than a tank build. But how can you survive? You are 0 tank in that department. No defensive stats, almost no defensive skills, and you don't guard. I am level 45 now, going full defense stats, but following your feat guide, since tanking feats look lacking. And I receive a high amount of damage. I need to block often or I'm toast.
  • Options
    kenobidkkenobidk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ive been running this build since lvl 1 and have been outdamaging people most of the time. Ofc people slack abit when doing skirmish and dungeons, but thats the difference between people. Did my first epic dungeon last night and was atleast 10-15% infront of the nearest TR. So im gearing up now, got my first 2 epics off auctionhouse for 1000 diamonds, and now the fun will begin :)

So basicly, thanks for the guide
  • Options
    odidee12odidee12 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    superjeremi are Staggering Challange is good max ? because i see give bonus knight challange 10%?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sadmummy wrote: »
    I've been reading all the posts and there are 3 statements I've read that I can't understand togeather

You say you are able to tank.
    You only go for dps stats.
    You say you never block because you have enough base defensive stats.

I can understand you can take aggro, better than a tank build. But how can you survive? You are 0 tank in that department. No defensive stats, almost no defensive skills, and you don't guard. I am level 45 now, going full defense stats, but following your feat guide, since tanking feats look lacking. And I receive a high amount of damage. I need to block often or I'm toast.

Fighter's Recovery is up nearly almost every pull. The only time I block is when I'm too lazy to move a few feet to either side to dodge a red.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    wedjati wrote: »
    Considering Power's value is almost doubled from Reckless Attacker, wouldn't that make Power more valuable than Crit/Recovery? Unless Crit/Recovery are worth twice as much as Power, which seems unlikely to me.

Right now I have 5 Tenebrous in Offense slots and could have 6. If I used Radiant I would gain 2200 power. That's how little I actually think of Power.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Right now I have 5 Tenebrous in Offense slots and could have 6. If I used Radiant I would gain 2200 power. That's how little I actually think of Power.

2200 power is 26 weapon dmg with 5.0-10.0 total scaling on skills that have modifiers
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    2200 power is 26 weapon dmg with 5.0-10.0 total scaling on skills that have modifiers

I'm still convinced Tene stacking is the best approach to DPS right now until someone shows me a parse higher. Necrotic damage ignores resistances completely so you don't have to worry about any variable apart from proc chance. Even with an ICD, you can proc max procs on every enemy hit (Cleave hitting 5 mobs could be 50 procs with 5 Tenebrous slotted.) Also, with the stalwart set you lose such a large amount of damage when it matters most, on bosses. For many T2 bosses you will not be getting hit 5 times often enough to keep full stacks of the set up and running. Really, you shouldn't be getting hit at all. In terms of PvP, the Timeless Tenebrous is BiS with no competition. At any point during a fight you can proc an extra 6k+ damage. Then, you can do it again 5 seconds later.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm still convinced Tene stacking is the best approach to DPS right now until someone shows me a parse higher. Necrotic damage ignores resistances completely so you don't have to worry about any variable apart from proc chance. Even with an ICD, you can proc max procs on every enemy hit (Cleave hitting 5 mobs could be 50 procs with 5 Tenebrous slotted.) Also, with the stalwart set you lose such a large amount of damage when it matters most, on bosses. For many T2 bosses you will not be getting hit 5 times often enough to keep full stacks of the set up and running. Really, you shouldn't be getting hit at all. In terms of PvP, the Timeless Tenebrous is BiS with no competition. At any point during a fight you can proc an extra 6k+ damage. Then, you can do it again 5 seconds later.

Actually the 5 piece bonus rarely falls off, if ever, even during bosses - and you know the only two bosses I haven't done. The stack doesn't happen just from direct boss damage or something, it's any damage. Any dot, any aura, any environmental damage (as far as I can tell). Anything at all, and you're getting a stack. You basically have 13,000 power for the duration of any encounter.

Not arguing against your logic at all, just stating that the 5 piece stays up on its own accord.
    @rokuthy on Mindflayer
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    rokuthy wrote: »
    Actually the 5 piece bonus rarely falls off, if ever, even during bosses - and you know the only two bosses I haven't done. The stack doesn't happen just from direct boss damage or something, it's any damage. Any dot, any aura, any environmental damage (as far as I can tell). Anything at all, and you're getting a stack. You basically have 13,000 power for the duration of any encounter.

We may approach boss fights differently but I can speak for Pirate, Spider, Frozen in particular that I never take damage. Spellplague I tank adds so it would always be up then. Those are the only T2s I farm.

Youtube Channel