test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please add auto authentication to launcher!

pheenix123pheenix123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
This riddles me, why is there no such option for the launcher yet?

If you just havent thought about it, PLEASE do add something, like a checkbox to save the password into the launcher... I know this is not important but it bothers me to have to type my password every single time i start the game, which can be several times/hour when im using the foundry.

For haters; Yeah i am lazy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by pheenix123 on

Comments

• Options
    zorpennzorpenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    +1
    /10char
    Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
  • Options
    kent10skent10s Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /signed....
    "Drive it like u stole it"
  • Options
    glithanesglithanes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic Mobile Authicators its 2013 not the 80's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    stonedbillstonedbill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree, we need authenticators. Preferably a mobile app.
    1ovlbg9.png

Smoke@stonedbill - Mindflayer - 60 Rogue
  • Options
    allanastarallanastar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    stonedbill wrote: »
    I agree, we need authenticators. Preferably a mobile app.

Signed I agree I mean you cant even call account support or send them message on support the one times out and the other says try at another time.

So if you get hacked with founder pack, items and alot AD stuff spent your screwed atm.

Game gms have yet to see 1 dam one, have had 5 petitions over lost items over last 2 weeks, not 1 reply even.

Cheers all.
  • Options
    slicerdiceroldslicerdicerold Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    I concur. Luckily leveling in game is easy if i got hacked but i currently have no zen or AD (recently made 60 and bought bunches of stuff since i rarely group).
  • Options
    xevilmunkyxxevilmunkyx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agreed.

Though, this will turn into the WoW forums soon enough....

*User 1* "Waaaaaaaaaa My Account got hacked....."

*User 2* "Get an authenticator!"

*User 1* "Shut up Cryptic fanboi! I shouldn't have to spend the $6 fortune to protect my investment. Cryptic should protect my account for me! I don't click on bad links, I don't look at <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> (LIES!) it's their fault! NOT MINE!

*Entire Forum* "/facepalm"
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Look at it this way - Cryptic is more secure than my BANK is (as Cryptic has a 'you haven't logged in from here before' thing), and both are out of the US.

Yes, that might be saying how bad my bank is, but it's one of the US-wide chains, and serves a LOT more people that Cryptic does.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bah. Only if they make it so you can change characters without having to log in again. Every hour (for invoking) or every two hours (for crafting) to log in & out 6 times (or however many alts you have) is annoying enough with just a password to enter each time.
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why don't you just turn account guard on your account?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    glithanesglithanes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Keep up the excellent feedback folks!
  • Options
    prevail517prevail517 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why don't you just turn account guard on your account?

How do you do this??? I dont see anything like that in my account settings.
  • Options
    saeleth7saeleth7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Most of the other big MMOs these days have them, and it would be really nice considering some of us have made a major financial commitment to the game (Founder's Pack & Zen) to have some security to our account in addition to the account armor.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Removing "Petition" as we don't allow Petitions, Ultimatums, Boycotts and other types of hostile "demands." The post is well written though and is a valid suggestion, so instead of locking I felt an edit would be better. Thanks!
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    . . . . . I too would like to see an Authenticator added to the Account Security System for Cryptic Games (and preferrably all PWE Games). I also prefer mobile versions of Authenticators as generally, the Authenticator Devices tend to have far too small and hard-to see print for my aging eyes.
  • Options
    mongithimmongithim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd also like to see a mobile authenticator. More forms of security, especially games where people are sinking cash in to, is always a good thing.
  • Options
    jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i'd vote for a mobile authenticator as well.

however, we should get the option to use it at each login or when the ip changes. I have 2 laptops, desktop and iphone and I dont want to have to enter a digit each time one of them connectes to the gateway/game.

I do travel for work so i understand it asking after a certain amount of time, say 30 days, and if the IP changes.
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you haven't gone to Cryptic's Account guard page and turned it on for your account I really would suggest doing so.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Make one in the shape of a twenty sider...:)
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    prevail517 wrote: »
    How do you do this??? I dont see anything like that in my account settings.

Oddly enough go to STO or CO' website and click subscriptions and login. You will then see an option to turn Account Guard on. I think that because NWNO doesn't have a subscription there isn't a link to that, but turning it on turns it on for all the games.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    forumname012forumname012 Member Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    I'd like one too. I'd also like account guard for Neverwinter to be easier - like not having to go to Star Trek to do it.
  • Options
    stonedbillstonedbill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd like one too. I'd also like account guard for Neverwinter to be easier - like not having to go to Star Trek to do it.

You don't. Just login at https://secure.crypticstudios.com/ to take care of it.
    1ovlbg9.png

Smoke@stonedbill - Mindflayer - 60 Rogue
  • Options
    smkymtndudesmkymtndude Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've played most MMOs and have never felt more secure than while playing WOW and SWTOR. The reason is the security key generators they use. I'd love to see a free IOS key generator, but would more than willing to drop 5 or 6 dollars on a fob if needed for account security, please consider.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    stonedbill wrote: »
    You don't. Just login at https://secure.crypticstudios.com/ to take care of it.
    Indeed, this is correct. Cryptic's games now have a combined Main Menu, at the link quoted above. (They've actually had it for a while, it was just rarely used or known about as both CO and STO also have their own Main Menu skin addresses, while NWO doesn't yet as it's in OB).
  • Options
    rustedheartzrustedheartz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I support this. This is 2013, we need a mobile authenticator app. Look at GW2, they use Google Authenticator, surely you guys can code tha too? :-)
  • Options
    jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what about the people who's account were 'stolen', for lack of a better word, and the person/group stealing the accounts first went to the email website, changed the password, then headed to pw and changed the email/pass. a simple authenticator could have helped prevented all this. I guess it would depend on how hard it is to remove the authenticator if it would deter people/groups.
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • Options
    saeleth7saeleth7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    Removing "Petition" as we don't allow Petitions, Ultimatums, Boycotts and other types of hostile "demands." The post is well written though and is a valid suggestion, so instead of locking I felt an edit would be better. Thanks!

Ah I apologize for the way I worded the subject when I made the post, I'll remember this for the future :)
  • Options
    smkymtndudesmkymtndude Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OK I see from that last post above that I wasn't the OP just I was just moved into a relevant thread, sorry disregard previous post =D.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    OK I see from that last post above that I wasn't the OP just I was just moved into a relevant thread, sorry disregard previous post =D.
    . . . . . No worries! In the future, contact a Moderator via PM to discuss any Moderator Actions or Forum Issues. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Looking for more Support for this!