test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please add auto authentication to launcher!

2»

Comments

• Options
    therealdestiantherealdestian Member Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    Agreed.

Though, this will turn into the WoW forums soon enough....

*User 1* "Waaaaaaaaaa My Account got hacked....."

*User 2* "Get an authenticator!"

*User 1* "Shut up Cryptic fanboi! I shouldn't have to spend the $6 fortune to protect my investment. Cryptic should protect my account for me! I don't click on bad links, I don't look at <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> (LIES!) it's their fault! NOT MINE!

*Entire Forum* "/facepalm"

The WoW app is completely free...

Cryptic should send authenticators out there because it will save them huge $$$ on support calls.
  • Options
    zedfighterzedfighter Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    prevail517 wrote: »
    How do you do this??? I dont see anything like that in my account settings.

In my sig, get to it ;)
  • Options
    horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I don't think we need an external authenticator. However a pin after login to click on a random number pad would be nice and is imo as secure and more user friendly vs another application. See several asian mmo's if you have no clue as to what I write.
  • Options
    pheenix123pheenix123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Only 2 other + me wants this? :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    biovitalbiovital Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You people buying AD already gettin "hacked"?
  • Options
    pheenix123pheenix123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    biovital wrote: »
    You people buying AD already gettin "hacked"?

I dont think you read the thread carefully.. Besides, i only bought a founder pack to support the game, nothing else. Anyway, the thread is about making the login auth automatic each time you start the game via the launcher instead of having you type your password every single time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What kills me is switching between characters. I have to type in my username and password each and every time I switch.

Even if I check the save username box, it sometimes changes it to the WRONG username. Totally random.
    Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    jnaathra wrote: »
    What kills me is switching between characters. I have to type in my username and password each and every time I switch.

hqdefault.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jnaathra wrote: »

Even if I check the save username box, it sometimes changes it to the WRONG username. Totally random.

I recently made my first alt after hitting 60 and i agree with this too.. i dont understand why there is no option to go back to character selection screen instead of a login screen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lottiemclottiemc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm guessing (from previous experience) that they're seeing it as a security precaution. It may, or may not, change down the road.

Lottie
  • Options
    cierdwyncierdwyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lottiemc wrote: »
    I'm guessing (from previous experience) that they're seeing it as a security precaution. It may, or may not, change down the road.

Lottie

Actually, Cryptic has never allowed you to simply change characters. I was amazed, in Champions Online, that you didn't have to exit the entire program to switch characters.

I don't know why they do it either, but the do it for some reason.:)
  • Options
    bpphantombpphantom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm actually waiting for dual factor authentication so I can add a Google Authenticator to my account.
    - bpphantom

Grace, Tiefling Devoted Cleric

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman."
  • Options
    timm4444timm4444 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 363
    edited May 2013
    cierdwyn wrote: »
    Actually, Cryptic has never allowed you to simply change characters. I was amazed, in Champions Online, that you didn't have to exit the entire program to switch characters.

this is true of all Cryptic games at launch. . .

but both CO and STO allow you to swap characters without logging out/in now. . .

I don't know why they didn't do the same with NW, seems like a step back to me. . .
  • Options
    lottiemclottiemc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cierdwyn wrote: »

Precisely!

Lottie
  • Options
    jstallard2012jstallard2012 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I prefer the extra step. Makes me feel more secure about my account.
  • Options
    rraspuutinrraspuutin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im waiting for some type of authenticator, woke up this morning to find my wifes account had been hacked already and only thing we have bought is founder packs and she bought some zen off one of those prepaid cards from gamestop. So yes authenticator would be great and yes it is kind of annoying there is no like /camp command.
  • Options
    timm4444timm4444 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 363
    edited May 2013
    rraspuutin wrote: »
    Im waiting for some type of authenticator, woke up this morning to find my wifes account had been hacked already and only thing we have bought is founder packs and she bought some zen off one of those prepaid cards from gamestop. So yes authenticator would be great and yes it is kind of annoying there is no like /camp command.

As opposed to hitting Alt+4. . .

or /exitclient

Or /exitneverwinter
  • Options
    jazzneojazzneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    all cryptics game this way. what you want your password to be stole quicker or forget your password? when your hard drive fires
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited May 2013
    pheenix123 wrote: »
    This riddles me, why is there no such option for the launcher yet?

If you just havent thought about it, PLEASE do add something, like a checkbox to save the password into the launcher... I know this is not important but it bothers me to have to type my password every single time i start the game, which can be several times/hour when im using the foundry.

For haters; Yeah i am lazy.

Horrible, horrible, awful, horrible, bad option, which would be a HUGE mistake to add.

If they add this, PLEASE give me a way to auto-boot anybody from my guild who turns it on.
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would like an authenticator ONLY if we get an option to "log back to character" that way we can switch or go to the foundry.

because I don't want to have to type password ANd mobile authenticate when I want to switch characters or go into the foundry.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    timm4444 wrote: »
    this is true of all Cryptic games at launch. . .

but both CO and STO allow you to swap characters without logging out/in now. . .

I don't know why they didn't do the same with NW, seems like a step back to me. . .

This is my speculation:

They took that ability out for NW launch because they were concerned about having too many players and having queues. In a situation where there are queues, I think it's probably more fair to force people to re-queue if they want to change characters - this would allow people waiting to get a chance to play.

I expect that we'll get logout-to-character select functionality back sometime after the server merge.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    therealdestiantherealdestian Member Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    Even account guard would be a great addition AND it would save them money on support costs.

Seems like a no-brainer!
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Even account guard would be a great addition AND it would save them money on support costs.

Seems like a no-brainer!
    Go to https://secure.crypticstudios.com to enable Account Guard.