test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Request: Allow purchase of respec with 7 celestial coins.

jdnycjdnyc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
What the title says...^^^^
Post edited by jdnyc on

Comments

• terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know that if you click the respec button on the feats tab of your character you only have to spend Astral Diamonds to respec? right?

The 600 zen token is to respec everything all at once on your character.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jdnyc wrote: »
    What the title says...^^^^

7 celestial coins seems awfully cheap for a respec. Perhaps something like 60 ardent coins would be okay though.

Pretty much. Well apart your stating attribute rolls.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Double Post.
  • jdnycjdnyc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You know that if you click the respec button on the feats tab of your character you only have to spend Astral Diamonds to respec? right?

except that you can't respec your powers with AD can you?
  • jdnycjdnyc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    7 celestial coins seems awfully cheap for a respec. Perhaps something like 60 ardent coins would be okay though.

It requires you to have logged in for 7 days. It encourages and rewards people for logging into the game.

Respecs shouldn't be about cost. There's plenty of other things built into the game that does that already. The game should encourage experimentation and getting people to log in.
    This request accomplishes both things.

When players are logged in and happy with their character, they are more inclined to spend money on other things. If they are unhappy with their character build and have to pay real money to change, they are less inclined to spend money on anything at all. Either that or just say screw it and make a new character/account.
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1 Week is long enough to wait for a respec, it should be 7 coins.

You're giving up wards for that.
    edited May 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »
    1 Week is long enough to wait for a respec, it should be 7 coins.

You're giving up wards for that.

exactly
    /10char
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

As if it was better you have to pay twice for a full respec :)
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • aveanavean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    respecs are hardly needed although a few are of "use" when learning.
    I agree they should have another form, such as 10-20gold, or a decent bit of ardent coins is a good idea. moer than 7 though.
    you want respecs to hurt not be free, more so when they have a cash value. 30 or so is certainly more than reasonable - remember the best way to respec is to reroll before you already invested the gear.
    edited May 2013
    avean wrote: »
    you want respecs to hurt not be free,

Why should we want respecs to hurt? And who's asking them to be free?

It takes 7 days of logging in for one respec.
    That means with this method people can only respec 'for free' once every week. That's more than reasonable.

We should save this thread for when the other paragon paths kick in and see how everyone feels about 'punishing' players for wanting to try out different play methods.
  • chintaechintae Member Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Since gold isn't used for much, why not set a full respec for 10g? 20g?? Give me a reason to use that shiny stuff building up in my inventory. I already paid 5g for a horse and I still have 15g in my inventory.
    edited May 2013
    avean wrote: »
    respecs are hardly needed although a few are of "use" when learning.
    I agree they should have another form, such as 10-20gold, or a decent bit of ardent coins is a good idea. moer than 7 though.
    you want respecs to hurt not be free, more so when they have a cash value. 30 or so is certainly more than reasonable - remember the best way to respec is to reroll before you already invested the gear.

Yeah? Guess what, about 70% of my feats right now are completely broken.

As well as a couple powers.

There is literally no other way to find out about that then to test them, foundry only allows up to lvl 31 to test so that's not going to help.

Basically, there's no way to PLAN your character.
    edited May 2013
    chintae wrote: »
    Since gold isn't used for much, why not set a full respec for 10g? 20g?? Give me a reason to use that shiny stuff building up in my inventory. I already paid 5g for a horse and I still have 15g in my inventory.

Save your gold. You're going to need it at end game. Injury kits are 20 silver a pop and you'll most likely need them as you do higher end content. And there's the potions that you'll probably burn through as well.
    edited May 2013
    Yeah? Guess what, about 70% of my feats right now are completely broken.

As well as a couple powers.

There is literally no other way to find out about that then to test them, foundry only allows up to lvl 31 to test so that's not going to help.

And up until recently that was a buggy mess.
  • kina1991kina1991 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    60 ardent coins idea is total fail sorry mr. The 7 coins with 7 straight days logging is kinda fair to players actually.. and u cant respec every day so makes u at least somewhat plan ur stuff
  • txdekeontxdekeon Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The reason respecs cost money is so that EVERY time cryptic makes changes to a class you HAVE to spend money to adjust to the changes. Respecs should be free. That way a person could experiment and find the best spec for their play style.

Making it free would also help the player economy. When you respec you need to stack different stats. You need to re enchant equipment, pick different companions, etc.

Cryptic is looking at the small picture, they would make more money and have happier players if they made respecs free or at least cheap enough using ad or gold for the casual player.
    edited May 2013

That means with this method people can only respec 'for free' once every week. That's more than reasonable.

We should save this thread for when the other paragon paths kick in and see how everyone feels about 'punishing' players for wanting to try out different play methods.

Again, opportunity costs, losing out on wards for that "Free" respec. =p
  • mal3fact0rmal3fact0r Member Posts: 83
    edited May 2013

Exactly, the only answers people who agree with respecs being in the cash shop seem to be able to come up with is that it should in some way "hurt" or detract from your enjoyment of the game. That, or re-roll a new character, neither of which are conducive to fun and are more likely to simply drive people away from the game.
    edited May 2013
    mal3fact0r wrote: »
    Exactly, the only answers people who agree with respecs being in the cash shop seem to be able to come up with is that it should in some way "hurt" or detract from your enjoyment of the game. That, or re-roll a new character, neither of which are conducive to fun and are more likely to simply drive people away from the game.

For emphasis....
  • vaichanavaichana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    Free respec would only make choices meaningless. This game is supposed to be at the very least inspired by D&D, and there is no respec there.
    Besides, stop saying that you need to SPEND MONEY to respec. It's utter bull****. You can get everything from the zen shop without spending a single cent. You can trade AD for Zen. And it's getting cheaper by the day. Stop whining on the forums, start playing the game, get AD, turn them into Zen, respec. It's not that hard. It's actually cheaper than respeccing feats alone with astral diamonds at 60.
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you click the respec button on the feat tab you are charged Astral Diamonds. You do not need a respec token to respec feats.

The token is to respec your entire character in one shot.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zzacc88zzacc88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Part of the problem is that A LOT of power tooltips are very vague and do not include numerical values.
    edited May 2013
    zzacc88 wrote: »
    Part of the problem is that A LOT of power tooltips are very vague and do not include numerical values.

Ok, but if you only respec feats it only costs AD.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zzacc88zzacc88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I did say power tooltips, most feat tooltips are pretty straight forward
    edited May 2013
    vaichana wrote: »
    Free respec would only make choices meaningless. This game is supposed to be at the very least inspired by D&D, and there is no respec there.
    Besides, stop saying that you need to SPEND MONEY to respec. It's utter bull****. You can get everything from the zen shop without spending a single cent. You can trade AD for Zen. And it's getting cheaper by the day. Stop whining on the forums, start playing the game, get AD, turn them into Zen, respec. It's not that hard. It's actually cheaper than respeccing feats alone with astral diamonds at 60.

You're giving up wards for a respec, it's not free.

And it would not make choices meaningless.

Completely borked feats and powers that people can't test causing everyone to do the same cookie cutter spec like they are now make choices meaningless.
    If you click the respec button on the feat tab you are charged Astral Diamonds. You do not need a respec token to respec feats.

The token is to respec your entire character in one shot.

Respecs currently cost like 240k, feats are like 180k.

Respeccing feats is kind of a waste.

No need to pretend they're that different.

"Only costs AD" lol.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    7 celestial coins seems awfully cheap for a respec.

Well, you do get a blue ward for 7 celestial coins, which costs 1000 Zen in the store. A Respec token is only 600 Zen. I think this would be a good idea, actually. Seven days for one respec is a pretty long time, and you wouldn't be able to get something else that week, like said blue ward.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
    edited May 2013
    Respecs currently cost like 240k, feats are like 180k.

Respeccing feats is kind of a waste.

No need to pretend they're that different.

"Only costs AD" lol.

So wait now the complaint isn't that it costs cash to buy a token but that it is so expensive in game you might as well buy the token?

I thought the complaint was that you could only buy the token to respec which isn't true. Now your moving that goal and stating that just because it costs a small amount of AD that is close to the AD to buy the Zen for a token that your complaint is still valid? Really?

I only gave my self 50K of the guardian starting AD and have spent 271K on a phoera and probably another 30 - 40K on scrolls, enchantments and the like, and I still have almost 300K AD. All that without trying to make AD. So really ... 180K is too expensive to pay in game currency to respec feats?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • txdekeontxdekeon Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vaichana wrote: »

This is not feasible for a casual player. Sure you can theoretically get everything in this game for free, but only if you can spend 40 hours a week playing a video game or be willing to wait 2 or three months just to try out a different power. Some players have other responsibilities that take up their time. They play the game for a few hours here or there to unwind.

This game may have d&d in the title, but it is no closer to being d&d than any other fantasy mmo out there.

I think respecs should be encouraged(ie; free or very cheap). It will make the game more money. The player community will benefit from the experimenting. It will highlight the power bugs and exploits faster.

I have no problem spending money on this game. ( I have already and will continue to) But with all of the broken powers, and inevitable class changes, this is one area they should make it easy for players to redo.
    edited May 2013
    So wait now the complaint isn't that it costs cash to buy a token but that it is so expensive in game you might as well buy the token?

I thought the complaint was that you could only buy the token to respec which isn't true. Now your moving that goal and stating that just because it costs a small amount of AD that is close to the AD to buy the Zen for a token that your complaint is still valid? Really?

I only gave my self 50K of the guardian starting AD and have spent 271K on a phoera and probably another 30 - 40K on scrolls, enchantments and the like, and I still have almost 300K AD. All that without trying to make AD. So really ... 180K is too expensive to pay in game currency to respec feats?

Yes, yes it is.

You must not have been here for long, because the price of respecs is what everyone has been complaining about.
    edited May 2013
    Yes, yes it is.

You must not have been here for long, because the price of respecs is what everyone has been complaining about.

Yes I know they are complaining about a luxury costing them money. Oh my.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]