test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

is this bannable/reportable?

Comments

• calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    By the way, there was a Cryptic post yesterday (or the day before) that the greed/need issue is on their list of things they want to address. This indicates that needing on everything is indeed not the intended way of playing.

Sadly he didn't mention just how they are going to address it. :confused:
    I would not mind a vote kick feature so that it is not just one person who can do the kicking.

Especially considering how often those threads pop up.
  • robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let me see if I'm understanding some of these posts correctly:

Rolling Need on everything, including something a party member may actually need is ok, because it's in the game that you can do it, but kicking somebody that rolls need on something that somebody in the party could have used, also a feature that is in game, should be against the rules because reasons?

My take: If rolling greed is your cup of tea, even if you can't use the item, don't be surprised when you get kicked for it after taking something somebody else in the party could have used. If there were a vote system, you'd find yourself voted off the island. Taking advantage of "features" is, after all, taking advantage of features. If you don't want to find yourself kicked, maybe try having consideration for other people in the group that may well be doing what you're doing, trying to improve their gear. If you're in it for yourself, solo the dungeon. If you can't, then show some respect for the rest of the group.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
    edited May 2013
    Rolling Need on everything, including something a party member may actually need is ok, because it's in the game that you can do it, but kicking somebody that rolls need on something that somebody in the party could have used, also a feature that is in game, should be against the rules because reasons?

Let's be honest here. Even in games where you can only need items your class can use people will need BoE gear that's not an upgrade. Would you kick them too?

The current system allows you to kick someone out just before a PvP game ends or right after you kill the last boss. A vote kick is a completely different matter.
    edited May 2013
    calamintha wrote: »
    Let's be honest here. Even in games where you can only need items your class can use people will need BoE gear that's not an upgrade. Would you kick them too?

The current system allows you to kick someone out just before a PvP game ends or right after you kill the last boss. A vote kick is a completely different matter.

You are right, it can happen, and frankly, it will happen. However, rolling along on a TR, rolling Need on CW gear with a CW in the party isn't just bad form, it's disrespectful of the CW. If you don't want to function as part of a team, then you need to be removed from the team. If, as happened yesterday, I run a dungeon, and don't need something, I'll either roll greed, or pass on it. No, everybody isn't that way, and I don't expect them to be. But I also don't expect that they should just "get away with it because it's in the game". Kicking people is too. Yes, just like the current roll system, it is open to abuse, but I made a suggestion regarding that in the appropriate thread.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • malkaviermalkavier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Put it this way, if I see someone needing on everything (especially CW gear, since I am a CW), they get punted, no questions asked. Ditto people who AFK.
    How Cryptic trolls the entire NWO playerbase: 9200 GS listed for CN, implying anyone who needs more has no skill.
    edited May 2013
    If you made the group then obviously everyone should abide by your rules. Otherwise two wrongs don't make a right.
  • highlandglenhighlandglen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    you did the right thing mate, just kick those fools but ROFL at your timing to kick him nice one =D

Note to self* any one who is to dam greedy gets kicked after death of a boss.
  • janetsnakeholejanetsnakehole Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lol, I always wait until everyone's done choosing and if there is someone who needs consistently I will start needing too and I'm severely lucky so I always get it.
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    beldineu wrote: »
    My suggestion: Instead of getting heated up by those who need on everything, pay attention to those who don't do that. Chat with them, add them as friends and try playing together whenever you get a chance. Once you have found a dozen of such friends, you will most likely have a group of five online any time - and none of them will annoy you by needing on stuff they can't use.

That's one good thing in MMO games; you can make new friends online and improve your own gaming experience a lot. Some of them might even carry on to other games you're both playing. That's much better than sticking with PUGs and getting p'd off repeatedly by those who have no clue about "fair play".

very good advice
    edited May 2013
    Lol, I always wait until everyone's done choosing and if there is someone who needs consistently I will start needing too and I'm severely lucky so I always get it.

Yeah, I'm not so lucky, if you rolled a 1, I'd find a way to roll a 0... I don't alter my rolling strategy to the group though. I also don't do drama in game. I have enough drama IRL, so I don't need it in game.
  • alantir1alantir1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kaydiechi wrote: »
    so i was running a T2 dungeon just now, and this really bad mannered rogue kept needing on EVERYTHING.
    literally everything, and winning everything.

Welcome aboard.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?189312-Loot-rules-implement-pls&p=2626492#post2626492
  • betazeebetazee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Epic story bro.
    +1
  • sh4dow78sh4dow78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    why i cant loot item if its not for me ? i dont get it LOL i did my job i put alot DPS and we all have equal chance to get this loot... maybe i want it for my friend from guild, maybe i want it for my alt mage/cleric or we. u are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> if u kick someone for this... if u dont want ppl get items just get 4 more FRIENDS and do u own dungeon. I have right to roll and many times i dont get items for me just bcoz a mage roll more than me and i dont cry about it. Just a game i make other run and finally get what i need. Beside maybe i just roll for item so i can sell it at AH and get diamonds to get what i need for me.. just roll items u want and maybe u have luck or simply play tetris.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    How many party leaders change loot from need or greed to party leader decides? :D
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
    edited May 2013
    sh4dow78 wrote: »
    why i cant loot item if its not for me ? i dont get it LOL i did my job i put alot DPS and we all have equal chance to get this loot... maybe i want it for my friend from guild, maybe i want it for my alt mage/cleric or we. u are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> if u kick someone for this... if u dont want ppl get items just get 4 more FRIENDS and do u own dungeon. I have right to roll and many times i dont get items for me just bcoz a mage roll more than me and i dont cry about it. Just a game i make other run and finally get what i need. Beside maybe i just roll for item so i can sell it at AH and get diamonds to get what i need for me.. just roll items u want and maybe u have luck or simply play tetris.

Maybe I want gear for my class, and your friend/alt/guildy can run the instance themselves to get it? Maybe I don't feel like I need to pay you for gear that dropped in a dungeon we ran together? Maybe, if I'm party lead, I'll just kick you, and let you come here to QQ about how you got kicked for Needing on every item that dropped with a potential roll?
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    sh4dow78 wrote: »
    why i cant loot item if its not for me ? i dont get it LOL i did my job i put alot DPS and we all have equal chance to get this loot... maybe i want it for my friend from guild, maybe i want it for my alt mage/cleric or we. u are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> if u kick someone for this... if u dont want ppl get items just get 4 more FRIENDS and do u own dungeon.

Or you could run dungeons with four like-minded friends and roll need on every item as much as you want without upsetting anyone.

It is about consideration and respect for other people. If four people in a group expect that you roll need only on items that you actually need for your current character and you ignore that, you get kicked. Do you have a "right" to roll need? By the game's present rules, yes, you have that privilege. But the four other players have the "right" to not want to play with you and kick you out of the group.

It's a community, not a jungle.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • gestafalusgestafalus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In Star trek online everyone just skips greed and rolls need. It is essentially the same thing as everyone rolling greed, you are rolling for the item. Sad if it's an item you really need and someone gets it and brags about how they can sell it on auction. You can also appeal to them for the item. I had a rogue that got an item on need and realized it was wiz only and i said that's why i rolled need.
    he thought it was for rogue because of the icon. he traded it to me. But even if I am also an STO player. I don't roll need on everything in a pug in NW, I don't because i know better. But if I am in a pug and people are all rolling need, I will if i have the inventory space. But all I am going to do with something I cannot use is sell it to the vendor anyways. If it is noteworthy I will try the auction house. but the auction house costs a percent, so it has to a really good item for me. I don't have a problem with the kicking part. If it's your group you can manage it that way if you want...as long as you are trying to communicate to everyone about it and as long as you are civil. In hind sight as leader it is a good idea to take a moment at the beginning to lay down the rules for your group. Some people are just easy going and take it as it comes. Some people are not that way.
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    It's a community, not a jungle.

Lies. I see quite a lot of monkeys in Zone chat. :p
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    calamintha wrote: »
    Lies. I see quite a lot of monkeys in Zone chat. :p

Z chat stands for Zoo! :p
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Aside from bad manners there is either some hack out there there, or Nevewinters RNG is borked, two of the dungeons I ran yesterday one guy won nearly everything, with multiple people needing on the same item.

My philosophy is simple, if it's not Red to me I need, if it's red to me I pass, I was the only one following that rule in this run, but still one person won 95% of the rollls...that needs to be looked into I think.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
    edited May 2013
    gestafalus wrote: »
    In Star trek online everyone just skips greed and rolls need.

Because 99.9% of the drops are vendor trash. STFs (group content) actually give you individual loot drops at the end. Otherwise any gear worth using requires Dilithium (= Astral Diamonds) to buy or craft.
  • selvecselvec Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Need should be locked out if the loot is blue or above, and the class restriction doesn't match your characters class.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You did it right. I did it to a ninja yesterday, the team was ok with that.
  • quietavaquietava Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've left two groups so far because I asked the group leader to kick a 'needer' and they didn't. hur hur.
  • chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually this is something that made me discover a flaw in the loot system. Even though the team leader should be able to change the loot mode they can't. I've tried at least in a PUG, I tried changing from need/greed to round robin. It didn't work. Now if this is a bug or working as intended I have no idea.

Also another annoying issue: When in a PUG instance, when it's completed the team is kept together and you have to manually leave the group. This should be automatic for PUG teams.
    @Powerblast in game
  • chintaechintae Member Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    What I don't get is the overwhelming number of people I have seen that roll NEED on everything and win all that they roll NEED on. It makes one wonder. 'Roll hacks' were always a myth, but honestly, I have run well over 20 or so groups and in two there were two separate instances of people rolling NEED on every item that wasn't tied down, even green garbage...

And they WON EVERYTHING. They'd always roll last and never had the lowest score, by a margin. I even rolled a 98 and he magically rolled a 99....

It was suspicious to say the least.

I got smart with the second guy and waited the timer out in the dungeons, must to the ruement of my group, but he stopped rolling for some odd reason o.O
  • brakkish1brakkish1 Member, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you have doubts about the pug you just entered with; Before running the dungeon explain to everyone to roll need on everything. Explain this will help eliminate those idiots wanting to exploit the common kindness and decency found in most people.

It's sad that it has to come down to this; but until cryptic gets off their duffs and does something about it, there will always be the few who take advantage of others.
  • forumalterforumalter Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    This is turning into a joke of a game. Is this how PWE/Cryptic plans to keep this game running? If so, I'll be moving on quicker than I thought.
  • quietavaquietava Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    brakkish1 wrote: »
    If you have doubts about the pug you just entered with; Before running the dungeon explain to everyone to roll need on everything. Explain this will help eliminate those idiots wanting to exploit the common kindness and decency found in most people.

It's sad that it has to come down to this; but until cryptic gets off their duffs and does something about it, there will always be the few who take advantage of others.

nope. I tell them if they need on everything they can wait for a new healer.
  • sandanglotkasandanglotka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What they should do is rolling need automatically binds the item to the winner, whereas with greed it could stay bind on equip. That way, if he rolls on your wizard loot, at least he gets nothing out of it, cant AH it.

Of course, the need button on class specific items should be grayed out for classes the item isn't usable by. But of course, that's another debate.

The current remedy is to run with people you know, only way you're not going to get jacked.
    Soldiers live. And wonder why.