What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

is this bannable/reportable?

13»

Comments

• robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    quietava wrote: »
    nope. I tell them if they need on everything they can wait for a new healer.

What I used to do in another game is forget to heal them. Then when they ask, tell them "sorry, your need roll was lower than Player X, so Player X got the heal instead".
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chuckwolf wrote: »
    Actually this is something that made me discover a flaw in the loot system. Even though the team leader should be able to change the loot mode they can't. I've tried at least in a PUG, I tried changing from need/greed to round robin. It didn't work. Now if this is a bug or working as intended I have no idea.

Also another annoying issue: When in a PUG instance, when it's completed the team is kept together and you have to manually leave the group. This should be automatic for PUG teams.

Intended feature for pugs, it works like that in all cryptic games. Changing the loot mode works only with premade teams.
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What they should do is rolling need automatically binds the item to the winner, whereas with greed it could stay bind on equip. That way, if he rolls on your wizard loot, at least he gets nothing out of it, cant AH it.

I really hope this is what they will end up doing.
  • kaydiechikaydiechi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    What they should do is rolling need automatically binds the item to the winner, whereas with greed it could stay bind on equip. That way, if he rolls on your wizard loot, at least he gets nothing out of it, cant AH it.

Of course, the need button on class specific items should be grayed out for classes the item isn't usable by. But of course, that's another debate.

The current remedy is to run with people you know, only way you're not going to get jacked.

This is what wow does.

you're only allowed to need on things your class can use and if you do they become BOP, BOE if greeded.

that system is perfect, imo

also ive been trying really hard to find people to run with but i can't find any sadly.
  • sh4dow78sh4dow78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Problem is only one QQ here is u LOL iam not mad if someone take items i can use i dont see problem here i just go another time, beside u can just ASK this person if he is able to give it to u coz u need it ? u know once i get item and yes its was for my class but team mate ask me if its possible i can give it to him and i did its not problem for me sooner or later i will get another. Iam not coming here whining and crying on forum every time somone take stuff i might need. And doing "need" its not AGAINST any rules in this game accept this or play ONLY with ur friend or just play other game.
  • borneolborneol Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Ninja looting has been an issue since forever now, and it seems to me that Cryptic, through intention or incompetence, has done nearly everything imaginable to compound the issue. You can need on everything and you can sell the loot to other players for AD. With the AD you can buy the gear/enchantments/bag space/mount that you really need. The only way I can think of to make it even worse would be to lock the "correct" class from rolling at all.

It sucks, no question about it. They might fix it, they might not. But for now it makes absolute sense to be a ninja yourself. AD right now is probably artificially low in value and loot artificially high, so this is the perfect opportunity sell and the perfect opportunity to ninja. This is a game for the rich, the cheaters and the a-holes.
  • deathknightx1082deathknightx1082 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I understand where ppl are coming from but at the same time I come from the UO (ultima online) era where need before greed was non-existent, hell when u died u lost everything 9 out of 10 time's. Doesn't make it right but he might not need the item but the AD he gets from it to buy an item he needs, did u ask him if u could have it before u kicked him? I found a lot of the time ppl r nice enough to let u have the item if u ask.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I understand where ppl are coming from but at the same time I come from the UO (ultima online) era where need before greed was non-existent, hell when u died u lost everything 9 out of 10 time's. Doesn't make it right but he might not need the item but the AD he gets from it to buy an item he needs, did u ask him if u could have it before u kicked him? I found a lot of the time ppl r nice enough to let u have the item if u ask.

In UO there really wasn't any gear farming, though. The best gear was craftable and everyone had a GM smith alt. There was also no group content. Sure, you would occasionally find silver weapons, but UO had wear&tear and with every repair the durability went down. And no one really took these weapons out of the bank anyway. Not before Trammel anyway.

I still miss the game, sixteen years later. (Maybe I just miss being young!)
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • travail01travail01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The problem with telling people that they shouldn't be Need rolling on absolutely everything, is that you can sell absolutely everything for Astral Diamonds, which convert to Zen, which is a form of store credit. The point is, Zen is real money, not just some fake in-game currency. It's hard to convince people that their greed is less than your need, when their greed translates into real-life money in their pocket.

I absolutely abhor games allowing players to buy gold through the developers, and convert in-game resources into that same gold ("Zen", in this case.) Once you allow that, then suddenly everything you do in-game becomes about earning real-life money, even if it is in the form of "store credit." This is a dark time for video games, and MMOs in particular.

-Travail.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
  • fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    travail01 wrote: »
    The problem with telling people that they shouldn't be Need rolling on absolutely everything, is that you can sell absolutely everything for Astral Diamonds, which convert to Zen, which is a form of store credit. The point is, Zen is real money, not just some fake in-game currency. It's hard to convince people that their greed is less than your need, when their greed translates into real-life money in their pocket.

I absolutely abhor games allowing players to buy gold through the developers, and convert in-game resources into that same gold ("Zen", in this case.) Once you allow that, then suddenly everything you do in-game becomes about earning real-life money, even if it is in the form of "store credit." This is a dark time for video games, and MMOs in particular.

-Travail.

Even if this game was sub based and there was no currency system outside "gold" the same people that roll need on everything now would still roll need to sell on the AH for gold. It is simply the mentality unfortunately of a lot of players anymore. Group etiquette in mmos has gone out the window a long time ago. I will agree it has changed and not for the better to be sure.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Not bannable. Or at least no more banable than rolling need on everything. ;)
    edited May 2013
    Not bannable. Or at least no more banable than rolling need on everything. ;)

Lol

+1 to you
  • jedizalmjedizalm Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xxviimb wrote: »
    got what was coming to him IMHO.

Agreed. If he needs on gear that he cant use, then he deserves to get kicked.
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    With the way things were done on Star Trek Online, I am actually surprised the way it currently is on Neverwinter. The best gear in STO can not be bought. You must earn it and it is BoP. Anything you can sell, can only be sold for Energy Credits (Gold). High level gear can be bought with Dilithium (Astral Diamonds) but, they are not the best. Also, Dilithium (AD) are not trade-able (other than anonymously through the dilithium exchange for Zen).
  • simicalsimical Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's not bannable or something, you tricked him pretty good I must say haha!
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    protocol87 wrote: »
    grow up. the game is fun

And the way it is designed there are too many ways people can ruin that fun.
  • hsthst Member Posts: 9
    edited May 2013
    Find a group of friends and run dungeons with them. Forget about that random queue thing cuz people always do that. Or just pay2win like oooo1111 said.

This game comunity sucks, don't expect too much here.
  • realrexbloodrealrexblood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been there... People needing on EVERY piece of gear even though they can't use it. And the whole party was doing it. i was like "wtf..." i was so polite to give them what they wanted at the start, but at boss we got a drop for CW (and we had no CW) so i needed it and won it. I am a pretty low level but it was just disgusting to see that attitude. There were multiple blue drops that i could use and that went to classes that couldn't use it. (2 GWF blue weapon drops)

but if anyone on dragon wants someone that will only need on what he really needs, feel free to add me.
  • forumname012forumname012 Member Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    jedizalm wrote: »
    Agreed. If he needs on gear that he cant use, then he deserves to get kicked.

Then why be able to do it in the game? Its like having a tenner on the floor you could easily pick up, but someone else says you can't. Either the game needs to change, or the people.
    edited May 2013
    Then why be able to do it in the game? Its like having a tenner on the floor you could easily pick up, but someone else says you can't. Either the game needs to change, or the people.

You can pick it up but as in your scenario or the game pending on who else is around you'll have to deal with the consequences depending on your actions.
  • jedizalmjedizalm Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013

well....your not going to change people. They are subhuman deviants who live off of disgusting scraps, but thats beside the point.

But if there is a CW in the parrty, only the CWs should roll need for CW items. If there is no GWF in a group, then everyone should roll greed....or need...whatever. I usually pass on non class gear, because I dont need it, and I'm not greedy like 99% of every living human being on earth.
  • trylleskoventrylleskoven Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    protocol87 wrote: »
    grow up. the game is fun

Even if the game is fun, he is right you know ?

This game is build around the fact everyone rolls Need on anything and sell's it. Its all about the money, nothing else.
  • cptcheese255cptcheese255 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I actually did the same thing few days ago... The problem is that the extra chest isn't always there.
  • cptcheese255cptcheese255 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sh4dow78 wrote: »
    why i cant loot item if its not for me ? i dont get it LOL i did my job i put alot DPS and we all have equal chance to get this loot... maybe i want it for my friend from guild, maybe i want it for my alt mage/cleric or we. u are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> if u kick someone for this... if u dont want ppl get items just get 4 more FRIENDS and do u own dungeon. I have right to roll and many times i dont get items for me just bcoz a mage roll more than me and i dont cry about it. Just a game i make other run and finally get what i need. Beside maybe i just roll for item so i can sell it at AH and get diamonds to get what i need for me.. just roll items u want and maybe u have luck or simply play tetris.

This is why we can't have nice things, and aliens wont visit us. :/