test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

is this bannable/reportable?

kaydiechikaydiechi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
so i was running a T2 dungeon just now, and this really bad mannered rogue kept needing on EVERYTHING.
literally everything, and winning everything.

we do the 2nd boss and an upgrade (t2 offhand wizard item drops) and he needs it, of course me being a wizard, i don't get wizard loot, the rogue does.

so i kick him from the group before he gets a chance to loot his seals and chest, and he says that abusing kicking people from dungeons is bannable, is this true?

i know i probally got trolled i just want to know lol

also, i've done over 30 dungeons and haven't gotten a single epic for my class cause every other class gets it because everyone needs on everything, why... WHY DONT WE HAVE NEED OVER GREED?
Post edited by kaydiechi on

Comments

• lollielollie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No it's not, he's just a spaz.
  • xxviimbxxviimb Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    got what was coming to him IMHO.
    "You have a wife and kids? If so, what would happen, if we called you in at 1am, everytime something went wrong!
    Be respectful, remember, you PLAY the game at your convenience, they WORK at no ones."
  • urdefmadurdefmad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    LOL you owned him good. and no nothing is gonna happen to u
  • v1ctor2kv1ctor2k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you did the right thing imo :cool:
  • fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kaydiechi wrote: »
    so i was running a T2 dungeon just now, and this really bad mannered rogue kept needing on EVERYTHING.
    literally everything, and winning everything.

we do the 2nd boss and an upgrade (t2 offhand wizard item drops) and he needs it, of course me being a wizard, i don't get wizard loot, the rogue does.

so i kick him from the group before he gets a chance to loot his seals and chest, and he says that abusing kicking people from dungeons is bannable, is this true?

i know i probally got trolled i just want to know lol

also, i've done over 30 dungeons and haven't gotten a single epic for my class cause every other class gets it because everyone needs on everything, why... WHY DONT WE HAVE NEED OVER GREED?

My response to him would be Cryptic allows the leader to kick so it isn't abuse just like Cryptic allows you to roll need on everything including items your class cannot use so it is perfectly acceptable to be a d-bag and roll need on everything. Apparently...in this game....

God I would have loved to have seen that. Would have been hilarious
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am wondering if many of these "need" spammers are from STO. Very few items in STO are bound to a specific class (career or ship). The only drops that are restricted are the dual heavy cannons. It is actually the "preferred" method to Greed in pre-mades and need in PUGs.
  • jdnycjdnyc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    scififan78 wrote: »
    I am wondering if many of these "need" spammers are from STO. Very few items in STO are bound to a specific class (career or ship). The only drops that are restricted are the dual heavy cannons. It is actually the "preferred" method to Greed in pre-mades and need in PUGs.

They're doing it to sell on the auction house since tons of people aren't doing T2s yet. Look at the stuff that drops in cloak tower now. It goes for under 1k now. The stuff in the higher dungeons goes for 60k+
    edited May 2013

They would have to be pretty stupid not to see the difference. Then again I don't have a high opinion of them anyways, but I wouldn't say those doing it are stupid. Plenty of other terms come to mind however.
  • oooo1111oooo1111 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    just join the crowd and pay2win

or run an idle bot in PvP for 24 hours and buy a full PvP set

what a joke of a game
  • yupp99yupp99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    Common courtesy seems to be a thing of the past.The person definately deserved to get booted.Before you start you might want to lay out the ground rules.If someone pulls that garbage they are gone.I don't do them myself.I've done grouping in another game and bottom line is if it isn't for your class dont hit need.
    edited May 2013
    yupp99 wrote: »
    Common courtesy seems to be a thing of the past.The person definately deserved to get booted.Before you start you might want to lay out the ground rules.If someone pulls that garbage they are gone.I don't do them myself.I've done grouping in another game and bottom line is if it isn't for your class dont hit need.

What would be even nicer is if Cryptic fixed the **** loot system so only people that can use the item for their class can roll need. Like in just about every mmo out there anymore.
  • lokaidraxmartislokaidraxmartis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013

no they do it to sell on AH to get AD to get Zen since prices on shop are stupid high....
  • yupp99yupp99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    fongador wrote: »
    What would be even nicer is if Cryptic fixed the **** loot system so only people that can use the item for their class can roll need. Like in just about every mmo out there anymore.

True.People should be mature enough to grasp that it is a team and you shouldn't screw over your teammates.
    edited May 2013
    yupp99 wrote: »
    True.People should be mature enough to grasp that it is a team and you shouldn't screw over your teammates.

I completely agree. Unfortunately, many prove time and time again concepts like this are simply out of their reach and comprehension. Sad yet true.
  • getyoazzinmyvangetyoazzinmyvan Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    Not in the high tier dungeons yet, but I was running throne of Idris and a Wizard upgrade dropped, Rogue needed and won it. Asked why he rolled he said "Look at my gear I need money to upgrade" lol..........
    edited May 2013
    Not in the high tier dungeons yet, but I was running throne of Idris and a Wizard upgrade dropped, Rogue needed and won it. Asked why he rolled he said "Look at my gear I need money to upgrade" lol..........

Yeah that tends to be their "rationale" or they'll say it is for their alt or companion.
  • protocol87protocol87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    oooo1111 wrote: »
    just join the crowd and pay2win

or run an idle bot in PvP for 24 hours and buy a full PvP set

what a joke of a game

grow up. the game is fun
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Loki < The Illuminati > 60 - Control Wizard
    Protocol 60 - Great Weapon Fighter
  • borneolborneol Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Honestly, join them. In a system where everything is vendorable/auctionable and you can need on everything, people will keep doing it. Only way to not lose is to do it yourself too.
  • beldineubeldineu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My suggestion: Instead of getting heated up by those who need on everything, pay attention to those who don't do that. Chat with them, add them as friends and try playing together whenever you get a chance. Once you have found a dozen of such friends, you will most likely have a group of five online any time - and none of them will annoy you by needing on stuff they can't use.

That's one good thing in MMO games; you can make new friends online and improve your own gaming experience a lot. Some of them might even carry on to other games you're both playing. That's much better than sticking with PUGs and getting p'd off repeatedly by those who have no clue about "fair play".
    edited May 2013
    borneol wrote: »
    Honestly, join them. In a system where everything is vendorable/auctionable and you can need on everything, people will keep doing it. Only way to not lose is to do it yourself too.

I have grouped with plenty of people in this game that don't do that. Unfortunately, it only takes one to ruin it for others or start arguments in group chat.

Heck, I was in one group where some rolled need on a TR item they couldn't use but when the TR questioned why they would do it the person that won actually gave the TR the item. Was pretty cool actually.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Pretty sure it is not bannable. I have been kicking people who rolled need even though a player of the appropriate class was in the group and had legitimate need. And I usually do it at the end boss, before the dungeon delve chest, when the boss is at 2%. It is a social problem, so social solutions like kicking people or grouping with friends work.

How does the game decide who gets the crown? I ask because I seem to have the crown in the majority of my LFG dungeons and PvP matches. Do I just accept quickly?
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    Pretty sure it is not bannable. I have been kicking people who rolled need even though a player of the appropriate class was in the group and had legitimate need. And I usually do it at the end boss, before the dungeon delve chest, when the boss is at 2%.

I actually hope more and more start doing this.
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pretty sure it is not bannable. I have been kicking people who rolled need even though a player of the appropriate class was in the group and had legitimate need. And I usually do it at the end boss, before the dungeon delve chest, when the boss is at 2%. It is a social problem, so social solutions like kicking people or grouping with friends work.

If you are joining a random dungeon and doing that I really hope they ban you just like the people who abuse 'kick' in PvP games. They are playing the game as intended. Why else would the game have an AD based auction house and BoE drops from bosses?

It's a different matter if you made the group yourself. Your group, your rules.
    edited May 2013
    calamintha wrote: »
    If you are joining a random dungeon and doing that I really hope they ban you just like the people who abuse 'kick' in PvP games. They are playing the game as intended. Why else would the game have an AD based auction house and BoE drops from bosses?

It's a different matter if you made the group yourself. Your group, your rules.

The heck with that he deserves to be commended. He isn't abusing anything except ridding the group of a greedy shmuck.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The kick feature allows the leader to remove players from his or her group, just like the game allows you to need on stuff that is not for your class and that someone in your group may actually need. Neither is bannable, because both equals playing the game the way it is intended. I have never, and will never, kick someone who does not behave like a jerk. Needing on something for another class if there is a player in the group who plays that class and does need it -- and keeping it even when that is pointed out --, is behaving like a jerk and I will kick you for it. If you dislike this, form your own groups and then you can play by your own social(?) rules.

I also kick people from PvP if they are verbally abusive toward their team mates. If I have the crown, the rules are simple: Show a minimum amount of respect for the people in your group, or get removed. It is simple and straight forward. It is a community, not a jungle.

Just to add this: It is almost always only one person who pulls that stuff. In 95% of the dungeon groups I played with so far everyone rolled greed unless they did need it and it was for their class. Rolling need on everything is not the norm and not the standard. I rarely have to actually kick someone, because most folks are actually considerate. If you are not, well, the group is better off without you. No group has ever disagreed with a perma needer getting removed.

If everyone rolled need, I would leave the group myself.
  • kalistankalistan Member Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    i LOVE it when i get leader in an instance... first person who needs on an item that they cant use... PUNT. no words... nothing.. rest of run party is SMOOOOTH
    edited May 2013
    The kick feature allows the leader to remove players from his or her group, just like the game allows you to need on stuff that is not for your class and that someone in your group may actually need. Neither is bannable, because both equals playing the game the way it is intended. I have never, and will never, kick someone who does not behave like a jerk. Needing on something for another class if there is a player in the group who plays that class and does need it -- and keeping it even when that is pointed out --, is behaving like a jerk and I will kick you for it. If you dislike this, form your own groups and then you can play by your own social(?) rules.

I also kick people from PvP if they are verbally abusive toward their team mates. If I have the crown, the rules are simple: Show a minimum amount of respect for the people in your group, or get removed. It is simple and straight forward. It is a community, not a jungle.

Just to add this: It is almost always only one person who pulls that stuff. In 95% of the dungeon groups I played with so far everyone rolled greed unless they did need it and it was for their class. Rolling need on everything is not the norm and not the standard. I rarely have to actually kick someone, because most folks are actually considerate. If you are not, well, the group is better off without you. No group has ever disagreed with a perma needer getting removed.

If everyone rolled need, I would leave the group myself.

It is posts like this that make me wish they had a feature to vote for. Couldn't give enough up votes to one like this...well said...
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fongador wrote: »
    The heck with that he deserves to be commended. He isn't abusing anything except ridding the group of a greedy shmuck.

You don't think kicking people in random queues is abuse? No wonder people keep doing that for fun. If you don't like the current need/greed system or the single-use chests (I don't) then get Cryptic to change it.

The kick feature allows the leader to remove players from his or her group, just like the game allows you to need on stuff that is not for your class and that someone in your group may actually need. Neither is bannable, because both equals playing the game the way it is intended.

Just like making maps where you knock 50 ogres off cliffs or sharing bread crumb quests was intended? I would call them oversights.
    edited May 2013
    You don't think kicking people in random queues is abuse? No wonder people keep doing that for fun. If you don't like the current need/greed system or the single-use chests (I don't) then get Cryptic to change it.

No I don't think it is abuse when they're <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> over other members of the group because they're so ******* greedy they want to roll need on everything and shaft another person that is helping them complete their current undertaking no less by trying to take an item that person can use on their current character. I would argue they are the one abusing the system unless they enjoy pissing people off and creating drama in the group as it usually tends to do.
    edited May 2013

There is a difference between doing it for fun and doing it to remove a griefer from the group. If four people are considerate and roll greed and one person rolls need on everything and remains inconsiderate even when it is pointed out (this part matters), then those four people should not have to put up with that one person who walks over the rest of the group. I don't need a babysitter for everything and I prefer systems were the community can handle social issues among themselves. Like the kicking, like the chat ban if someone spams.
    Just like making maps where you knock 50 ogres off cliffs or sharing bread crumb quests was intended? I would call them oversights.

It is not an oversight because it works that way in the other Cryptic games as well. Four people shouldn't have to leave because of one person. Now if the leader is the jerk and bullies the rest of the group, then that is unfortunate, but the probability that the jerk is someone other than the leader is far higher. Plus, as I said, it rarely happens that someone needs on everything. I would say I see it maybe in one out of ten groups.

By the way, there was a Cryptic post yesterday (or the day before) that the greed/need issue is on their list of things they want to address. This indicates that needing on everything is indeed not the intended way of playing.

I would not mind a vote kick feature so that it is not just one person who can do the kicking.