test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Come hang out in Pocket D! (Calling all City of Heroes/Villains!)

2»

Comments

• couatl13couatl13 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yes.

Stupid question, really.
  • zaphtasticzaphtastic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    How did I miss this thread?!

Man, COH was such a great game. I started playing in Jun 2004 on Virtue, then Infinity, then Virtue again. Played on and off for a while, but what really hooked me was the Mission Architect in 2009. It was such a great and novel system! I loved playing other authors' stories and making my own. (Of course it had its own problems, see link in my sig) If any of you played arcs by @zaphir, that was me! One of my arcs ("Who Dares Wins") got Dev's Choice, so you may remember that one in particular. ;) I really liked how the game evolved over the years, except for the entire incarnate stuff...

The CoH community is probably what I miss most, especially the MA people. Man, I still can't get over how ncsoft basically assassinated the game overnight, declining profits or not. It was fully within their rights to do, they probably ha their reasons for it, but still... :(

I'll post pics of my toons (Doom Metal, Celestial Nemesis, et al), but I'm typing this on my smartphone at a conference. Soon, my preciousss.
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Make a Staff of Pocket M guild and hang out in moonstone mask.

I played City for over 8 years that is almost as long as my marrage (10 years)
    I owned the SG Tesseract Castle and have a pic of the base on my iphone.
    It is very dear to me and ive been so happy to see various city people
    showing up in the PWE games. Cause really it is the Characters and
    The comunity that really matter. It is also nice to see PWE is supporting CO more

6ae7fa440e2e0255bb243434b08a6b0e1364288195.jpg

But seriously this Game will be sharing a globalchat with CO and STO
    there is a COX global you can join channals on the second tab of your
    chat options also in CO there is a CORP and in sto there is STORP.Org
    I tried to join NWORP but it was private O_o so i ended up joining NWRP

cb5460e017fee9ecc31aa0158d3692d01364286390.jpg

This is my Main Cheranne/Cheronne in all 4 Cryptic Created Games
    COX CO STO and NWO
    all I have to get is some gold/white dyes for the tux i got her in and she is set!
  • shaudrashaudra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I still can't bring myself to uninstall the game. I miss it so.
    shautrusig.jpg
  • ricktacularricktacular Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    A little piece of me died the day I finally let go and uninstalled City of Heroes.

Okay, not really, but it sure was a great game and I miss the community. </3
  • ricktacularricktacular Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Okay, I just registered the site at http://cnh.enjin.com/ so drop by and register so we can start getting the numbers on! It's still bare-boned, and if anyone who is familiar with enjin wants to take over working the site, that'd be supergroovyawesome.

http://cnh.enjin.com/
  • kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    There's no reason to uninstall the game - keep it installed so you can play demofiles, and so you can use Titan's "Icon" (hacked offline costume creator). I intend to transfer the game files to my new computer, if ever I get one.

Also, apologies but I can't join the "City of Neverwinter Heroes" guild. There are enough Repeat Offenders who have expressed an interest in Neverwinter, and the desire to open an RO faction in NW, that we'll be going that route. Of course, anyone else is welcome to join us, and we have a well-established, active forum that supports all games.
    qtPt2I
    edited March 2013
    Hurray!

Now all we need is for the game to come out, non?
  • chuckers65chuckers65 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    A BIG piece of me died when I saw my character floating in front of the Atlas Statue and he stopped moving when the servers shut down permanently. I played for 8 years and was the original Capt. Colorblind on Victory. I miss my 50's very much. I picked up The Secret World and loved it for a while.. now it's so buggy and it's not getting fixed. I dropped subscription from it as most of my cabal is doing. The people I played with on TSW are starting to move over to this game, so I decided to pick up a beta key. I'll play for the first time on Saturday :)

I tried DCO and CO and neither could hold a candle to my CoX. CO came close, but I think I am done with the comic book/super hero genre now. I've been spoiled. Plus, no matter what NC Soft comes out with, I will never be a knowing customer of theirs again.

I still miss CoX, as it was such an important part of my life... as others have said, the game was excellent, but it was the community and the friends I made on there that helped me through a lot in 8 years. I think I even bought a new computer so I didn't have to delete the game from my old one ;)
    edited April 2013
    chuckers65 wrote: »
    A BIG piece of me died when I saw my character floating in front of the Atlas Statue and he stopped moving when the servers shut down permanently. I played for 8 years and was the original Capt. Colorblind on Victory. I miss my 50's very much. [...] as others have said, the game was excellent, but it was the community and the friends I made on there that helped me through a lot in 8 years.

I am in exactly the same boat: CoH was such a HUGE part of my life. Even though I didn't get to play nearly as often as I wanted to, I always spent whatever free time I had in City. I wasn't sure what I was going to do when I realized we weren't going to be able to save the game. I mean, when I first read the announcement (Friday, August 31st, 2012 - I will never forget) I immediately sent a text message to my boss asking for an IP lawyer. (He knows a lot of lawyers somehow, despite not being involved in law in any way.) I was convinced we could wrestle the property away from NCsoft... obviously I was wrong.

I would have played City (and nothing else) until the day I died. Instead, the servers died before me. I didn't even know NW was being made into an MMO until one of the CoH devs came here from Paragon Studios. I'm only glad I found a home that is so accommodating.. as I said, it will never really "replace" City, but it does seem like it can at least fill the hole in my heart.
    qtPt2I
  • steampunkysteampunky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You know, in CoH I had a character named Lianna Siannodel. She was a D&D Geek who woke up in her apartment to find out she'd been turned into her Arcane Archer character from a D&D game she and her friends were playing. The GM had vanished, completely, and her 50 level quest was trying to find the DM "Dave" because it was a ssumed that either he performed a magic ritual or somehow had become God.

I'm wondering if I should reverse that same premise, here, and have a character from Paragon City playing a game get sucked into Neverwinter by some powerful spell and turned into her own character as a form of pseudo-self-aware PC... Might be interesting.

-Rachel-
    Great Weapon Fighter tanks? Who are you kidding? Cleric tanks. They draw -all- the aggro.
    edited April 2013
    steampunky wrote: »
    You know, in CoH I had a character named Lianna Siannodel. She was a D&D Geek who woke up in her apartment to find out she'd been turned into her Arcane Archer character from a D&D game she and her friends were playing. The GM had vanished, completely, and her 50 level quest was trying to find the DM "Dave" because it was a ssumed that either he performed a magic ritual or somehow had become God.

I'm wondering if I should reverse that same premise, here, and have a character from Paragon City playing a game get sucked into Neverwinter by some powerful spell and turned into her own character as a form of pseudo-self-aware PC... Might be interesting.

-Rachel-

That sounds awesome! I did roll several of my D&D characters as CoH toons, with the idea that they were an adventuring party that got sucked into Paragon City. But your idea is very cool, and it would be a lot of fun to see the reversal!!
    qtPt2I
  • stormyweather68stormyweather68 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    chuckers65 wrote: »
    A BIG piece of me died when I saw my character floating in front of the Atlas Statue and he stopped moving when the servers shut down permanently. I played for 8 years and was the original Capt. Colorblind on Victory. I miss my 50's very much. I picked up The Secret World and loved it for a while.. now it's so buggy and it's not getting fixed. I dropped subscription from it as most of my cabal is doing. The people I played with on TSW are starting to move over to this game, so I decided to pick up a beta key. I'll play for the first time on Saturday :)

I tried DCO and CO and neither could hold a candle to my CoX. CO came close, but I think I am done with the comic book/super hero genre now. I've been spoiled. Plus, no matter what NC Soft comes out with, I will never be a knowing customer of theirs again.

I still miss CoX, as it was such an important part of my life... as others have said, the game was excellent, but it was the community and the friends I made on there that helped me through a lot in 8 years. I think I even bought a new computer so I didn't have to delete the game from my old one ;)

I think we're in the same cabal over in TSW...if one of the members over there is named Cupcake? I tried TSW and I liked it myself for awhile (limped at best on the laptop I had at the time), got a new laptop, installed TSW again and ran some more for a little while. I just found that it was not as much fun as I originally thought as I progressed. It definitely did not fill the void that I have from playing CoH. I played from 2007 until shut down on the Pinnacle server. Very sad day :(

The last week CoH was up and running, I just happened to check out Cryptic's web site to see what they were up to, since they originally had CoH. That's how I found out about NeverWinter. Then, after the shutdown, I also heard that at least one of the devs came over to Cryptic/PWE, which had me looking at the available trailer videos for the game.

When the opportunity came knocking on the door to be part of closed beta weekends 2 & 3, I got curious. I installed the game and tried it. To my surprise, never have played D&D before (yes you all read that correctly...you can pull your jaws up off the floor now...lol) I found it very interesting and fun. I hope to see some of the TSW Cabal come here along with friends that I have made from CoH.
    ~Stormy~

"I do not believe in taking away the right of the citizen for sporting, for hunting and so forth or home defense. But I do believe an AK-47, a machine gun, is not a sporting weapon nor needed for home defense." -Ronald Reagan

BostonStrong
    edited May 2013
    So, now that the game is in open beta, do we have any idea what server we're gonna have City of Neverwinter Heroes on?
  • modgesteddomodgesteddo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello everybody! @Malkore

PS- 35 50's all io'ed at sunset *flex
    edited May 2013
    Nice! I had 27 L50s, though the vast majority had only SOs. Probably around 10 were IOed with generics and only one was fully setted-out. That one, my namesake, also had over 20 iPowers T4ed.

banner.png
    qtPt2I
  • dylanclearbrookdylanclearbrook Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Coming late to this thread :) Refugee from Virtue here (Nebularian). Was the guild ever created?
  • bronsonburnerbronsonburner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I came here from CoH/V....and promptly left again. Much better MMO in every aspect have I found to play. There are friends here from CoX, though...so I pop in from time to time to say hi and chat with them. It's free, after all. Costs me nothing. :)