test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server down? 11 May 1223

Comments

• shadow71shadow71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    gazza127 wrote: »
    this is one of the best mmo launches i've seen. probably not the best but one of.. **** i remember when wow first launched that game had some major issues

Oh come on now dude and seriously ppl who keep comparing WoW's launch to this one. 1. That was Blizzard first Open World MMO. 2. That was eight years ago.

This is Cryptic's 5th game MMO style if I am not mistaken. PWI has been making games f2p what seems like forever. So issues like this with a history of both companies should not be happening at all or atleast not after ever freaking maintenance.
  • suroh66suroh66 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I love how people still use the "beta' defense....

Maint every day is NOT a good thing if they aren't actually resolving issues. Especially on weekends. How bout a carrot on a stick for ya though??? Lets do a double diamond weekend, then crash the party with maint and pitiful up-time!! YAY!!

Apparently you don't know much about computers ( or any thing for that matter )

1. The essence of a beta is to see how the public reacts, fix bugs etc... two very basic yet very simple things this list goes on but this is what every one always *****es about.

2. They are fixing the issues things happen let me be the first person to congratulate you from switching from an xbox to a computer you made a great choice, sadly your kind is not welcome here!

Please pack up your things and kindly leave before you and yours destroy the gaming industry completely ( which by the way you people really already have done that ). You are not entitled to any thing your opinion is not a fact you are not a supreme being You are wrong you are ignorant you are horrible at gaming etc...
  • grumpdogggrumpdogg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Attempting a promotional weekend, when your servers can barely handle regular traffic volume was a pretty bad idea.

Expecting queues due to reduced server capacity or closed beta again soon.
  • gerlisgerlis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When I tell a customer that, it means I have no idea what's wrong :P

LOL ain't that the truth.... and considering i would put money that this MMO is running on windows servers, that makes it even harder to debug anything since windows is such an unstable, memory leak prone operating system to begin with.
  • teethxteethx Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rofl......
    edited May 2013
    Attempting a promotional weekend, when your servers can barely handle regular traffic volume was a pretty bad idea.

Expecting queues due to reduced server capacity or closed beta again soon.
  • coveycovey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've found that it's getting more and more stable. When open beta started I was getting video memory full errors every 20 mins or so and the game would crash. Now I can usually play for over an hour before some issue or other comes up.
  • gerlisgerlis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When I tell a customer that, it means I have no idea what's wrong :P

LOL ain't that the truth.... and considering i would put money that this MMO is running on windows servers, that makes it even harder to debug anything since windows is such an unstable, memory leak prone operating system to begin with.
  • yoyoyomyoyoyom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    idk ppl seems to me that sometimes we need to stop for a moment and breathe they will get this fixed might take a few min. only problem I have with the game is the lights on my Alienware go crazy when I log in so I just go dark no big deal
  • scorpion2112scorpion2112 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    ...and if you hurry, you can still get the founders pack. DERP!
  • drzeyusdrzeyus Banned Users Posts: 87
    edited May 2013
    ogcaliko1 wrote: »
    Well Are we going to get reimbersed with Double AD weekend? because as I know now.. this game has been down Alot since the AD weekend has started and had 0 to no time on gettting the advantage of the weekend..

Dont you know thats the gimik they want it like that. Stops them from having to do the double AD deal. If you cant play no 2x AD.
  • squidjoesquidjoe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    Well, this is why I don't blow money on Founder packs, or lifetimes or even sub these games. I still sub LOTRO, but then it's a bit more stable and I've played it since closed beta when all that was there was Bree.
  • apsalar94apsalar94 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ****, I was just finishin CT with a party.. Tought I let them down :3
  • draylerdrayler Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do you mean the hour and a half scheduled to start at midnight that only took them 40 minutes?

Because I don't remember any 4-hour overrun on maintenance.

Of course, it's possible that I was doing something when it happened, but I certainly don't remember any such thing.

It was either yesterday or the day before. Look up the maintenance thread and see
  • apsalar94apsalar94 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wrote d a m n :D
  • bdttmbdttm Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bruneas wrote: »
    I love this game,,,, now i have no outbid in the AH and get my item very cheap......thanks for getting the servers down and pls keep them 2 hours down

LoL I respect this fresh take on down time... :p
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Member Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    suroh66 wrote: »
    Apparently you don't know much about computers ( or any thing for that matter )

1. The essence of a beta is to see how the public reacts, fix bugs etc... two very basic yet very simple things this list goes on but this is what every one always *****es about.

2. They are fixing the issues things happen let me be the first person to congratulate you from switching from an xbox to a computer you made a great choice, sadly your kind is not welcome here!

Please pack up your things and kindly leave before you and yours destroy the gaming industry completely ( which by the way you people really already have done that ). You are not entitled to any thing your opinion is not a fact you are not a supreme being You are wrong you are ignorant you are horrible at gaming etc...

People like you are exactly what we didn't want on Cryptic games, to be fair- spewing insults, etc.

The man's statement has more merit than yours by a long shot. Now, please take your elitism elsewhere. You are otherwise welcome to stay behind and play with the rest of the people who aren't somehow convinced they're better than someone else.

Also, people like your sicken me. If I ever have a child who speaks to people the way you do, I will sell it to the salt mines.
  • lunamagiixlunamagiix Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    anyone struggling to open the launcher or is it just me? when i double click it, i just get a small retangle box window saying its trying to attempt to connect and then get an error after so many attempts?
  • squidjoesquidjoe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    It looks like at least STO is up.
  • dhavrumdhavrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What is the point of this double AD weekend if the server keps crashing, and most of the time we can't even get a skirmish going because the ques system isn't working properly more than half the time.
  • aeonaheartaeonaheart Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    I wasn't seeing double AD even when the server was up...

Business as usual with Perfect World. Nothing but frustrations from beginning to end.
  • yoyoyomyoyoyom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mine loads the launcher just will not go past that LOL
  • justaparogjustaparog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lunamagiix wrote: »
    anyone struggling to open the launcher or is it just me? when i double click it, i just get a small retangle box window saying its trying to attempt to connect and then get an error after so many attempts?

You see, the servers can only handle so much, not think of every single player in the entire world trying to reconnect the launcher at the same time. That's what is happening to the forums as well. Chill out, go take a break, have a joint, or 3 massive bong rips; spamming F5 like it dispenses morphine is only making it worse.
  • gifmikegifmike Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    People like you are exactly what we didn't want on Cryptic games, to be fair- spewing insults, etc.

The man's statement has more merit than yours by a long shot. Now, please take your elitism elsewhere. You are otherwise welcome to stay behind and play with the rest of the people who aren't somehow convinced they're better than someone else.

Also, people like your sicken me. If I ever have a child who speaks to people the way you do, I will sell it to the salt mines.

Hear Hear. /salute
    edited May 2013
    bugs55678 wrote: »
    Have you read anything, or even thought about this before you started playing the game? This is an OPEN BETA, theres going to be issues.

We are all practically beta testers, finding bugs, fixing possible crash issues. so that when the actual release comes out, it will run smooth.

If you have a problem with this, then you should have considered googling what the word BETA means.

I know exactly what Beta means.

Open Beta means: We are launching a product (accepting payment and providing services) but putting a sly caveat in place in order to cover us legally in the event of poor quality, missing features or delays.
  • atsouleonatsouleon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    does anyone know around how much time would it take ?
  • kyotheman9000kyotheman9000 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    squidjoe wrote: »
    Well, this is why I don't blow money on Founder packs, or lifetimes or even sub these games. I still sub LOTRO, but then it's a bit more stable and I've played it since closed beta when all that was there was Bree.

its stable no one really plays that game, when game first game out it had loads of issue, i remember was middle doing something boom crash, all games in beta do this people, u don't like it u can stop playing come back later when its on release still mmo's will have these issues even live u think games like wow was perfect? every expansion or major update servers took a total dump, so suck it up or stop playing mmorpgs.

Amen problem with F2P games u get stupid people, mostly kids ***** and complain don't know what it takes to make game like this stable.
  • thehadrielthehadriel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • rerrer1rerrer1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013

he could have started and ended with his #1 point....
    1. The essence of a beta is to see how the public reacts, fix bugs etc...

instead he had to go all dbag on someone :)
  • drzeyusdrzeyus Banned Users Posts: 87
    edited May 2013
    yoyoyom wrote: »
    idk ppl seems to me that sometimes we need to stop for a moment and breathe they will get this fixed might take a few min. only problem I have with the game is the lights on my Alienware go crazy when I log in so I just go dark no big deal

Well for one your problem is you bought a DELL. The red flag you should of seen on the box DELL. I sell computers for a living. I dont sell DELL unless some person really really wants one. I try to explain there are better units, most of the time they dont buy the DELL. BUt its funny when they come back with computer hardware failures and issues like yours.

And then i get to say " Well it is a DELL"
This discussion has been closed.