What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server down? 11 May 1223

Comments

• Options
    wastingsanitywastingsanity Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not sure if it is related but one of my attempts to load the launcher resulted in windows defender telling me a program called pricegong (adware) was detected. I removed it and now it seems to be working.
  • Options
    aeonaheartaeonaheart Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    Yep servers are up. Whoopee...
  • Options
    thehadrielthehadriel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The server's are back up!!!

No they aren't. :(
  • Options
    gazza127gazza127 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    drzeyus wrote: »
    Well for one your problem is you bought a DELL. The red flag you should of seen on the box DELL. I sell computers for a living. I dont sell DELL unless some person really really wants one. I try to explain there are better units, most of the time they dont buy the DELL. BUt its funny when they come back with computer hardware failures and issues like yours.

And then i get to say " Well it is a DELL"

I fix computers for a living and i do exactly the same as you when someone comes to me asking what they should buy :L... i miss the good old alienware. but now it is just dell and they are the worst. Also extremely hard to fix most of the time as they usually use odd screws and different layouts to most companies (laptops atleast can't really alter pc :L)
  • Options
    dreeddreed Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's Normal... ppl have time to play... it's weekend.. we get Double Astral Diamonts evnet but maint.. crashes... etc ;] ..
  • Options
    grumpdogggrumpdogg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Should be just before the next crash.

Hey now, it's not a crash - it's "emergency maintenance"! lol
  • Options
    leroyjenkins02leroyjenkins02 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The server's are up
    the server's are up
    the server's are up
    the server's are up
    the server's are up
    the server's are up
    the server's are up
    the server's are up
    the server's are up
    the server's are up
    the server's are up
    the server's are up
    the server's are up
    the server's are up
    the server's are up
    the server's are up
    the server's are up
    the server's are up
    the server's are up
    the server's are up
    the server's are up
    the server's are up
    the server's are up
    the server's are up
    the server's are up
    the server's are up
    the server's are up
    the server's are up
    the server's are up
    the server's are up
    the server's are up
    the server's are up
    the server's are up
    the server's are up
    the server's are up
    the server's are up
    the server's are up
    the server's are up
    the server's are up
    the server's are up
    the server's are up
  • Options
    picklesandbeerpicklesandbeer Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OMG I made it to the login screen.........then crashed.......
  • Options
    electrinoelectrino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    it was said that some people still can get in
  • Options
    kyotheman9000kyotheman9000 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ayakashi11 wrote: »
    I have the same problem, IE keeps popping up even though i never use it.

everytime u launch the game it pops up IE? i never heard of that thats interesting bug, i think just having conflict somewhere may want reinstall the game should fix it right up.
  • Options
    dravenstldravenstl Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah i keep getting a script error as well as IE opening up, this is getting really annoying.
  • Options
    armlpeglegarmlpegleg Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its up. I just made it in,
  • Options
    wardrekawardreka Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got kicked out around 11:30am PST, May 11 (Sat). I have not been able to log back in.
    I am in the Seattle area if that helps with any DC-specific issues.
    Account was on Dragon.
  • Options
    effeleffel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I find it odd that so many are saying they have not seen unscheduled downtime & that this has been the smoothest launch they have seen. I can only assume that they are casual players new to MMOs. Every recent MMO has launched with nary a hiccup. SWTOR had almost no crashes & most lag was fixed on the fly. GW2 was so smooth it might as well have been a single player game. As for the no unscheduled maintenance claim, there have been long stretches of unannounced maintenance every weekend thus far & I'm not even counting the stuff that happens during normal U.S. work hours. I wouldn't be on the forums if I didn't love this game but in order to have an argument taken seriously you really have to shave your wool & try to be objective.
  • Options
    justaparogjustaparog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yes yes !! 4 bong hits for me!!!

Glad someone read through my wall of text. :) Same here, I just logged back in. Literally, the launcher won't connect if it doesn't launch the first time. The "1991" page is nothing but unformated HTML; Some of you guys might see it in IE instead. Just enter your password and press enter.

If you get through, then sweet, wait for the patcher to finish loading and play. If you don't WAIT A MINUTE and relaunch the launcher after closing it. Don't spam the thing, or you'll be the reason nothing loads. Dead serious, don't be part of the enormous amount of people who are flooding the patch/login servers by constantly relaunching / F5 etc.
  • Options
    brickster51brickster51 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They probably bought their servers from Dell...
  • Options
    autylautyl Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It always wonders me that there are always people who start to throw with mud and insulting others because something is not go the way they expected. And i think as long as those people not learn how to deal with unforeseen circumstances they will always yell the loudst..and you know it does not add anything..soo pathetic
  • Options
    aveanavean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    time comparison check
  • Options
    gazza127gazza127 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Servers are back up now. If your having launcher issues(not being able to see play button ect) try setting your launcher to fast launch. it should work then
  • Options
    justaparogjustaparog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh, by the way people. The launcher USES IE. I thought you might want to know that. It needs to display HTML somehow to show forms and such. Stop freaking out.
  • Options
    wardrekawardreka Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It appears to be back up as I was posting at 12:25 PST. :)
  • Options
    grumpdogggrumpdogg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They probably bought their servers from Dell...

Dell make toasters now?
  • Options
    grembler1grembler1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nope - web page wont display error or errors on page
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    effel wrote: »
    I find it odd that so many are saying they have not seen unscheduled downtime & that this has been the smoothest launch they have seen. I can only assume that they are casual players new to MMOs. Every recent MMO has launched with nary a hiccup. SWTOR had almost no crashes & most lag was fixed on the fly. GW2 was so smooth it might as well have been a single player game. As for the no unscheduled maintenance claim, there have been long stretches of unannounced maintenance every weekend thus far & I'm not even counting the stuff that happens during normal U.S. work hours. I wouldn't be on the forums if I didn't love this game but in order to have an argument taken seriously you really have to shave your wool & try to be objective.

Yes. I have to admit this is the worst I have seen yet, as far as downtime.
  • Options
    hurk97hurk97 Member Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    autyl wrote: »
    It always wonders me that there are always people who start to throw with mud and insulting others because something is not go the way they expected. And i think as long as those people not learn how to deal with unforeseen circumstances they will always yell the loudst..and you know it does not add anything..soo pathetic

LOL this is a great post. But go easy on yourself, you are not pathetic.
  • Options
    mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Play now loaded on my Launcher. If i don't come back, you'll know it successfully Launched!
  • Options
    jilkorathjilkorath Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm in! :3 Took a few tries. Close out and keep trying guys, you'll get in.
  • Options
    kristingravekristingrave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay so I managed to fix the IE pop up issue by running the launcher on admin.
    See if that works for anyone else that has that IE issue.
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..
    Panda@kristingrave - CW - Dragon
    Death@healxyou - DC - Dragon
  • Options
    brickster51brickster51 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm getting the log in screen with no scripts running....no play button
  • Options
    thehadrielthehadriel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay so I managed to fix the IE pop up issue by running the launcher on admin.
    See if that works for anyone else that has that IE issue.

Launching as admin seemed to work for me. :)
This discussion has been closed.