Comments

• Options
    gembokkgembokk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey guys I think the server is down!
  • Options
    suroh66suroh66 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This is only the second time the server has crashed since ( and pay attention this is important you worthless scrub )
    OPEN BETA STARTED lol you people need to understand what a beta is, seriously my god go play your nintendo wii we don't want your kind here :)
  • Options
    grumpdogggrumpdogg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zins wrote: »
    servers down again....lol i like this game alot but the servers crash so **** much im beginning to think it's not worth the hassle:(

Totally agree. Every time I sit down to have a decent session, it just ends in frustration.
  • Options
    firstrangersfirstrangers Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    teethx wrote: »
    no Idea how they can do this legally

Do what? Have stability issues with technology? How old are you?
    Fight smarter not harder.
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited May 2013
    We're looking into a few possible causes then resolve them.
  • Options
    krozamkrozam Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems like every time they go in to fix the problem, they only make things worse. Closed beta was the best version.
    Might be because it was a closed beta... you know, a lot less people means a lot less server load.
  • Options
    guardiantimguardiantim Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Looking into it now. Hang tight.

<3 Thankyou!
    ~ He who lives more lives than one, more deaths than one must die. ~
  • Options
    kristingravekristingrave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ; ~ ;
    So close to leveling. Inb4 I log in to a corpse. Cuz I was smacking a few mobs around while things were lagging.

Times like these I realize how addicted I'm becoming to the game.
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..
    Panda@kristingrave - CW - Dragon
    Death@healxyou - DC - Dragon
  • Options
    bruneasbruneas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love this game,,,, now i have no outbid in the AH and get my item very cheap......thanks for getting the servers down and pls keep them 2 hours down
  • Options
    hiddukelhiddukel Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It was me... I just downloaded for the first time... got to the patch part and it crashed.. you can all blame me :)
  • Options
    inf1n1teinf1n1te Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gazza127 wrote: »
    Well the servers being down for maint everyday is actually a good thing because it means there actually fixing things. and wow was worse than this at launch, diablo 3, sim city, and a ton of mmo's especially f2p's. and servers are going to crash, thats why they do beta's to see what there servers can handle and how many people are going to be interested in the game.
    and it is pretty well polished i havn't ran into many bugs. albeit i havn't been playing that much and am still low level but i havn't ran into much so far
    Yeah I was gonna reply basically the same thing but I thought, "Why troll a troll" lol
  • Options
    sirshadowforcesirshadowforce Member Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    im guessing they are getting ddosed something like this happened when forsaken world was first launched i actualy feel sorry for pwi right now cause neverwinter is a sweet game
  • Options
    myxlplykmyxlplyk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Another Saturday, another crash. At least it's still beta and people aren't actually paying for thi... er... nm...
  • Options
    tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    bugs55678 wrote: »
    when you open the chest it will look empty, it will say something at the bottom but wont show anything as loot in the actual chest. But if you watch the bottom right of your screen it adds the item it gives you. It just doesnt show it in the actual chest screen.
    Trust me I've opened enough chests to know that..sorry I'm a bit high strung but it took me all of last night and this morning to find a good group so we could crash before the boss.
    And Idris chest will open..show you nothing..click to accept and claim the invisible items and nothing goes in your inventory.
  • Options
    eight1foureight1four Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Doesnt work like that. The timer on the AH stops when the servers are down.
    bruneas wrote: »
    I love this game,,,, now i have no outbid in the AH and get my item very cheap......thanks for getting the servers down and pls keep them 2 hours down
  • Options
    survientsurvient Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jalamin wrote: »
    now even the forums are lagging to me. Cascade failure?

Games servers go down so where do all the players go? To the forums to check the status of the downtime. This overloads the forum servers which aren't used to seeing that much traffic at once. That's why it's slow. What's that? Have PW buy more forum servers? Well first of all I'd rather them spend that money on more game server infrastructure, but secondly nobody ever uses the forums except when the game servers go down so it'd be a waste of money to beef up the forum servers. In short, don't get your panties in a bunch and go grab a cup of coffee or something. Eeeeesh....

Cmon people, think a little before you speak...
  • Options
    jcrawford123jcrawford123 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im having the same problem, in the middle of my last foundry run... "server not responding"... bleh!
  • Options
    gerlisgerlis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is not the worst launch in history. it's over all been relatively stable. WOW (launch and every F'ing upgrade), Sim City, Diablows 2, Perfect World, Neocron, EQ2 and AnarchyOnline all had worse launches.

And this isn't cryptic anymore :) so stop blaming someone that _HAS_ had stable launches for this.
  • Options
    picklesandbeerpicklesandbeer Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love how people still use the "beta' defense....

Maint every day is NOT a good thing if they aren't actually resolving issues. Especially on weekends. How bout a carrot on a stick for ya though??? Lets do a double diamond weekend, then crash the party with maint and pitiful up-time!! YAY!!
  • Options
    lunamagiixlunamagiix Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it is still down, it says to me its trying to connect to the launcher when i double click launcher it brings up a little window saying it
  • Options
    tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    bugs55678 wrote: »
    when you open the chest it will look empty, it will say something at the bottom but wont show anything as loot in the actual chest. But if you watch the bottom right of your screen it adds the item it gives you. It just doesnt show it in the actual chest screen.

Trust me I've opened enough chests to know that..sorry I'm a bit high strung but it took me all of last night and this morning to find a good group so we could crash before the boss.
    And Idris chest will open..show you nothing..click to accept and claim the invisible items and nothing goes in your inventory.
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    drayler wrote: »
    You obviously weren't about yesterday when maintenance was extended by some 4hr or so, That definitely wasn't meant to happen.
    So unless you actually work for this company and can state with absolute certainty that there's been no other downtime please keep your reply's to yourself

Do you mean the hour and a half scheduled to start at midnight that only took them 40 minutes?

Because I don't remember any 4-hour overrun on maintenance.

Of course, it's possible that I was doing something when it happened, but I certainly don't remember any such thing.
  • Options
    bugs55678bugs55678 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    grumpdogg wrote: »
    Totally agree. Every time I sit down to have a decent session, it just ends in frustration.

Have you read anything, or even thought about this before you started playing the game? This is an OPEN BETA, theres going to be issues.

We are all practically beta testers, finding bugs, fixing possible crash issues. so that when the actual release comes out, it will run smooth.

If you have a problem with this, then you should have considered googling what the word BETA means.
  • Options
    avalystforumavalystforum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We're looking into a few possible causes then resolve them.

When I tell a customer that, it means I have no idea what's wrong :P
  • Options
    gifmikegifmike Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    ; ~ ;
    So close to leveling. Inb4 I log in to a corpse. Cuz I was smacking a few mobs around while things were lagging.

Times like these I realize how addicted I'm becoming to the game.

Yes, server crashes are the only time I'm getting any sleep.
  • Options
    eight1foureight1four Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Doesnt work like that. The timer on the AH stops when the servers are down.
    bruneas wrote: »
  • Options
    brvcebrvce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ****,and i was about to BUY ZEN but the server died...now i spent my money elsewhere!
  • Options
    ogcaliko1ogcaliko1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well Are we going to get reimbersed with Double AD weekend? because as I know now.. this game has been down Alot since the AD weekend has started and had 0 to no time on gettting the advantage of the weekend..
  • Options
    drzeyusdrzeyus Banned Users Posts: 87
    edited May 2013
    OK i at first chalked the servers crashing all the time to being because of it being a beta. I know its still beta. But really is this going to be the norm even if and when the game actually launches. Does startrek online and the other games they have this server crashing issue also. I mean before neverwinter went beta live that is.

Also when does this game launch fully anyway?
  • Options
    survientsurvient Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    myxlplyk wrote: »
    Another Saturday, another crash. At least it's still beta and people aren't actually paying for thi... er... nm...

Considering the vast majority of players are f2p, this doesn't really factor into the equation. Don't want downtime? Either convince people to buy stuff or go scare away the freeloaders...
This discussion has been closed.