test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Envy's DPS Guardian Fighter compendium.

Comments

• Options
    maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I switch to the bodyguard and into the fray when in T2 and no one goes down half hp yet I can keep aggro with only tab and the shield aoe. If anything, I have my 2000 greater health stones. :)
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • Options
    dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    after reading http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?217732-would-Tenberous-Enchantment-work-on-control-wizard and knowing how much base health gf have at 60, have you considered swapping out a few enchants for these?
  • Options
    notawhiteguynotawhiteguy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What race are you? Currently I'm a human male with a focus of strength as my main stat. Though I'm thinking that the dwarf might have been a better choice in the end. Mind just clarifying your views on this? I know you dont really care to min/max, but I just feel like having reduce damage on DOTs and more resistance to the knock-backs and all might be better than the 3% def and higher possible str roll. Really appreciate it! :D love you guide btw, been tweeking it for my play style and I love it.
  • Options
    scumroachscumroach Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do you recommend any armor set for this build?
  • Options
    humunguzhumunguz Member Posts: 16
    edited May 2013
    is your build now only for pvp ? or also a bit for pve
  • Options
    notawhiteguynotawhiteguy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    His build is for both really, I do wonderfully in PVE and PVP with this as the base for my build.
  • Options
    seariouslyseariously Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what do you think about using Half-Orc and rolling 16/16/16 stats for a more offensive Guardian Fighter? Or do you think Human is still better because of more all around Guardian Figther?
  • Options
    seariouslyseariously Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really enjoy your guide, I was wondering what are the best ability scores to roll in the beginning?
  • Options
    renokyozumirenokyozumi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    AFter some Thought and some Numbers crunching, i decided to buy a retrain token and spec down the Conqueror Line.
    And boy the dps difference is great, I was doing 850-900k dmg max in Gate crashers Skirmishes but after I took Conqueror, It shot up to 1.2m , beating TRs by a mile.

Reckless Attacker is insanely strong and I think is the difference maker though. The 100% power instantly makes any crit encounters hit like a truck.

I took Reinforced surge instead of Cruel cut style ( Dont see much point in cleave dmg ) and took 2 points to pin down instead of max Shield resurgence / 1 point to grit.

Planning to finish it with fight on + crushing pin. You are right about battle trample though, that 25% weapon damage is not worth it for the 5 points, but I still dig the 25% damage bonus to CCed targets with crushing pin + Trample the fallen though.

Also, I dont see Combat superiority's icon appearing on monsters anymore after i feated it. Is it intended ?
  • Options
    paragon33paragon33 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    devliv wrote: »
    ya Envy you guide is good for pvp but not so good and 1 think no1 want dps tank in his party .I cant tank never castel or all t1 si fck **** no1 want a second GF in his party.no i reset all my feats

Serious groups are only going to run with a DPS Gf atm and can tank just fine; even better aggro management... (Well one that knows what hes doing.)
    U don't even need Tank in certain fights; the TR tanks boss even a Gwf can. There are a couple Gwf and Clerics Tanking T2 atm actually. GF is more so about keeping the field nice and neat. You can tank a Boss just fine anyway... As to the content thats otw well have to wait in see. I wish they would get the classes and mechanics sorted out a lil more first tho.

Have you kept up with his changes? lol...
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    AFter some Thought and some Numbers crunching, i decided to buy a retrain token and spec down the Conqueror Line.
    And boy the dps difference is great, I was doing 850-900k dmg max in Gate crashers Skirmishes but after I took Conqueror, It shot up to 1.2m , beating TRs by a mile.

Reckless Attacker is insanely strong and I think is the difference maker though. The 100% power instantly makes any crit encounters hit like a truck.

I took Reinforced surge instead of Cruel cut style ( Dont see much point in cleave dmg ) and took 2 points to pin down instead of max Shield resurgence / 1 point to grit.

Planning to finish it with fight on + crushing pin. You are right about battle trample though, that 25% weapon damage is not worth it for the 5 points, but I still dig the 25% damage bonus to CCed targets with crushing pin + Trample the fallen though.

Also, I dont see Combat superiority's icon appearing on monsters anymore after i feated it. Is it intended ?

Cleave is actually most of our damage. During a parse it shows up as over 33%.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • Options
    rxmikerxmike Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have done a lot of this guide and still i dont reach Dps of rogues or wizards. Maybe is weapon enchanment that important? cuz i dont have plague enchant since it cost many mil on dragon :/
  • Options
    falcrawfalcraw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's something I'm not sure about Combat Superiority power. Does the maxed Tactical Superiority feat made it permanent? If it's so, I only need to spend 1 point in Combat Superiority, right?
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    falcraw wrote: »
    There's something I'm not sure about Combat Superiority power. Does the maxed Tactical Superiority feat made it permanent? If it's so, I only need to spend 1 point in Combat Superiority, right?

I think it's a visual bug. I tested on dummy and theres a definite damage increase.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    icyicy99icyicy99 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do you use the Stalwart Bulwark set for the set bonus?
    It doesn't seem to have any crit on it, does the set bonus make it worth it? 25% of your HP as power would be massive.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    icyicy99 wrote: »
    Do you use the Stalwart Bulwark set for the set bonus?
    It doesn't seem to have any crit on it, does the set bonus make it worth it? 25% of your HP as power would be massive.

I don't. I'm collecting one of the T2 sets.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    awesismawesism Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can you confirm if Cleave hits everything in front of you? I ask because when a CW does the black hole power and sucks lots of mobs into one space, I only ever saw 4 damage numbers with each cleave swing, whereas with Aggravating Strike I see lots more damage numbers. Is it just a visual thing or am I missing something else?
  • Options
    stormysgstormysg Member Posts: 93
    edited May 2013
    Some AOEs don't work on monsters being sucked into the CW singularity.. That might be why. (For example, the CW power Sudden Storm doesn't do any damage to monsters while they are being pulled into singularity.)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    @supjeremiah

Are you currently using the build you have posted on the first page? You have a video where you heal yourself to full health, but in the first page you say that heal power is useless.. So is it worth getting it or not? Also what would be the main stats?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Main stats meaning both when you create your character and as you level up, which stats?

And which stats on equips?
  • Options
    zakard1zakard1 Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    stormysg wrote: »
    Main stats meaning both when you create your character and as you level up, which stats?

And which stats on equips?

from what i know,main stats when you create your character:str/con and for the extra stats you get from each 10 lvl,str/con also.

for equip,power/critic is what you need to aim for (aim for 20% crit chance atleast) and then recovery/defence.
  • Options
    derresshderressh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So you've said that you swear by the cat companion, and I can understand why. But is the Ioun Stone of Allure roughly equal? Or do you feel that the cat is a straight upgrade? It's slightly less base crit/recovery, but it makes up for that in power. I suppose the crit might be more valuable to us, since we're the only class that doesn't get crit from an attribute, and the power bonuses from companions don't count toward Reckless Attacker. There's the issue of having 1 defense slot instead of all offense, but that can be remedied with an Eldritch Runestone.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    derressh wrote: »
    So you've said that you swear by the cat companion, and I can understand why. But is the Ioun Stone of Allure roughly equal? Or do you feel that the cat is a straight upgrade? It's slightly less base crit/recovery, but it makes up for that in power. I suppose the crit might be more valuable to us, since we're the only class that doesn't get crit from an attribute, and the power bonuses from companions don't count toward Reckless Attacker. There's the issue of having 1 defense slot instead of all offense, but that can be remedied with an Eldritch Runestone.

You pretty much answered it for yourself. Crit > Power. Also, the blue stone has offensex2 and a defense. Annnnd the stone looks way better.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    derresshderressh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Kind of wanted to save myself 230k AD since I'm only 35, but it does seem the crit from the cat outweighs the power from the stone. Alrighty. Time to save up another 50k then.
  • Options
    sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You pretty much answered it for yourself. Crit > Power. Also, the blue stone has offensex2 and a defense. Annnnd the stone looks way better.

You forget that Power gets a 100% increase and the scaling on skills is quite high.
  • Options
    zakard1zakard1 Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    hey what is the best way to get some gear for a newly lvl 60?is i worth it to go with the pvp set since its pretty easy to get?it is not really good since its a defence set with no crit at all but atleast i wont be in full green....for dungeon i should start with wich one?

for the weapon i already bought the scismitar so i should be fine with weapon for a while :P

keep in mind a guildless and no friend at all playing this game...
  • Options
    dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013

the stone has good base stats too but neither pet has OMG MUST HAVE base stats. both can go to 25.

most of the stats they give you will come from the gear and runestones you put on them. both wear the exact same gear and runestones. the ioun stone is 2000 zen. the cat at current exchange rates is 2500 zen worth of diamonds.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sanctumlol wrote: »
    You forget that Power gets a 100% increase and the scaling on skills is quite high.

Companions power bonus isn't affected by our 100% power increase.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Companions power bonus isn't affected by our 100% power increase.

Okay. Do you happen to know the equation for crit to crit% conversion and recovery to recovery%. I'm creating an excel spreadsheet where you plug in recovery/crit/power values to get average dps.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sanctumlol wrote: »
    Okay. Do you happen to know the equation for crit to crit% conversion and recovery to recovery%. I'm creating an excel spreadsheet where you plug in recovery/crit/power values to get average dps.

You hit DR really early on so I can't be sure. 2kish is about when DR hits.

Youtube Channel