test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

one thing that truly makes pvp p2w

Comments

• Options
    asdfasdfgfasdfasdfgf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Shut up. All of you.

10 Wards is 40K AD. Is that really too expensive for you?

Had a guildy make 3 Rank 9 runes yesterday, didn't pay a penny to do so either. Used AD earned from the AH to exchange for Zen and bought the green wards.

Proceeded to use said green wards until he finished his 3rd Rank 9 rune.

You only ever need a coalescent if you are either A) combinkng a weapon or armor epic enchant or B) combining 4 rank 9 runes to make a rank 10.

He used about 130 green wards in total per rune. Thats $13 if you out right bought them, or 520K AD. That's a friggin steal. Stop discussing things you all know nothing about. All this forum is as of late is people crying wolf.
  • Options
    sotoclessotocles Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    asdfasdfgf wrote: »
    Shut up. All of you.

Had a guildy make 3 Rank 9 runes yesterday, didn't pay a penny to do so either. Used AD earned from the AH to exchange for Zen and bought the green wards.

You only ever need a coalescent if you are either A) combinkng a weapon or armor epic enchant or B) combining 4 rank 9 runes to make a rank 10.

He used about 130 green wards in total per rune. Thats $13 if you out right bought them, or 520K AD. That's a friggin steal. Stop discussing things you all know nothing about. All this forum is as of late is people crying wolf.

Logged into the forums for the first time to tell you cry baby americans that this man is your true champion.
  • Options
    ijw473ijw473 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Quick question to those that say ADs are easy to farm when you start cranking through endgame content: are you directly picking up new ADs, or are you getting it through selling items on the auction?

Because if it is the former, then that is great. If it is the latter, then there is an issue. If the influx of AD gained without real money is flat across levels, but the need grows exponentially as you level up, then - averaged across the player base - folks that spend money will be much more competitive. Saying that you can get that AD at the AH is just saying, "It is okay, because other people will spend money for you." Fair enough, but that is not good for the community as a whole, and greatly undermines the "not p2w" argument.
  • Options
    magitek3magitek3 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People might want to be careful before blowing loads of AD on Tenebrous enchantments. The fact that it's more like a Enhancement-slot rune (in its effects) rather than a normal "ranked" rune means that being slottable in an Offense slot may very well be a bug. If it's a bug, you can expect it to get fixed at some point, making your purchases far less valuable.
  • Options
    jestal1jestal1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    Still no response from Cryptic? Have they not responded to the GWF and all his flaws 1-50 either??? Ya pretty sure I'm done.
  • Options
    noppe102noppe102 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Shut up. All of you.

That Zen didn't appear out of nowhere, someone paid for it. It doesn't matter if it was your friend or someone else, it wasn't free.
    This is the main problem with this game; The exchange is entirely player based and in the end someone needs to pay $$$.
    I'm fine with things like mounts and large bags being sold, but when the Zen market is the only source for bags, profession assets, and other outright necessities I get worried for the future of this game. I don't want it to end up being played by 500 people who've spent too much money on it to quit.

I'm worried that this was indeed their original plan: Grab as much cash as possible before the game dies out in a couple of months. I hope this isn't true, and if it is I hope they change their mind.
  • Options
    solarnwsolarnw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this:
    okitsunega wrote: »
    'If I make two characters, I buy one mount for the account, and one decent companion.. perhaps two for the main.. and two bags for both.. that's about $200. Expensive, but then I'm good for as long as I want. It's not like I couldn't afford it, the game looks and feels pretty nice, and it got good reviews'.

So they fork over $200, and play the game. In a month or two they'll start hitting the end-game, and come across the fact that the $200 was just the starter pack. At that point, most of them will probably give up. They may or may not linger for a while, that's really irrelevant, most people won't pay up more. But even if they leave, they still paid about $100 / month for the game. Not a bad deal for the service provider.

and ofc tools like this...
    redeclipze wrote: »
    Richy rich here, and I just laugh at all the whiners who have no money to support the game. Savages like br's

bg
  • Options
    yukishiro3yukishiro3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 94
    edited May 2013

so you're saying it costs $50 to make 4 tier 9 runes to combine into a single tier 10 rune and that's a steal? wat?
  • Options
    noppe102noppe102 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yukishiro3 wrote: »
    so you're saying it costs $50 to make 4 tier 9 runes to combine into a single tier 10 rune and that's a steal? wat?

Well thats only for the wards.

The glory vendor sells rank 3 enchantments for the low low price of 50k each. You only need 820million AD to buy enough for one rank 10, assuming no failed fusings. That's only 18,000€.
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Shut up. All of you.

Very well said .

To the people in this thread - it is kind of sad how people tend to generalize without any research or even playing the game for more than a day .

" I just stared today but I think this game is pay to win " - the game is what you make it , so player play hard .
  • Options
    asdfasdfgfasdfasdfgf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    yukishiro3 wrote: »

Do you even realize how unnecessary a rank 10 rune is? A group of T2 with rank 5/6 gems socketed have been able to kill 2/3 of castle never. Get over yourself. Every day I log on after work I have anywhere from 1-5m AD waiting for me in my mailbox. This game isn't hard. Stop acting like it is.
  • Options
    grimlopergrimloper Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Shut up. All of you.

OP is talking about "Greater" epic enchants... not Rank 9 Runes... you're comparing apples to oranges.
  • Options
    jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A few people here need to understand there is a cut off point on what is sane to farm. If something is a 1% chance none of us are going to attempt it hundreds if not thousands of times, while another person shells out 160 dollars and has it all in a few days.

This is classic P2W - if you don't understand that, it doesn't make it any less true.
    Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."
  • Options
    jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do you even realize how unnecessary a rank 10 rune is? A group of T2 with rank 5/6 gems socketed have been able to kill 2/3 of castle never. Get over yourself. Every day I log on after work I have anywhere from 1-5m AD waiting for me in my mailbox. This game isn't hard. Stop acting like it is.

I know about these little AD tricks as well. Most people are not privy to them and those sources will dry up once more people are hip to these items. So, your point isn't remotely valid.
    Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."
  • Options
    lecky01lecky01 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /rant on

I was just wondering who shoulders the expenses of server maintenance? Salaries of programmers, designers, and all that works under the Neverwinter game? If somebody buys these perks with real money so I can have a nice free MMO then yea let them have it. I mean they work hard in real life to get money, so I'll just work hard in-game to get those things because I have fun doing it. These casual gamers just wants to login and decimate people without working hard for it be it in in-game or real life? It sucks to be decimated and lose but he worked for that gear so why should he be on equal footing against me? Newer MMO's need money to operate, they give you a free game so where do you think they will get the upkeeps? Come on give these guys a break. It's cheap <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like are the reason why MMO's went free to play and p2win so deal with it.

PS Ever played eastern MMO's? Yea they don't offer re-specs.
  • Options
    showatt0016showatt0016 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kaedan69 wrote: »
    I hope in two months when only the whales and morons are left due to the idiotic prices in cash shop, they have fun poking eachother with overpowered weapons and long ques. Once people get late game and realize they will have to sell thier house in order to compete at any sort of endgame, they will leave in droves.

I'm pretty sure selling your house to compete is a MASSIVE exaggeration on your part.

Pretty sure.
  • Options
    dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013

you should consider actually reading at least part of the thread you are posting in.

the conversation is NOT about rank ten RUNES or rank 10 ENCHANTMENTS, it's about GREATER ENCHANTMENTS that fit in the purple slot of your weapon and armor, and the GREATER tenebreous enchant.
  • Options
    kitsunekisukitsunekisu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Been pvping lvl 60 for 4-5 hours a day and haven't had an issue with enhancements at all. Either very very few people have them or they are not making that big of a difference. I've yet to see any 1 person doing ungodly more dmg then others of the same class. Could be they're still rare i know i'm still only half way gemmed.
  • Options
    castertroyt79castertroyt79 Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    Stop qq-ing. If you can't pay, then go quit your job and do nothing but grind for a year to be fully geared/enchanted...
  • Options
    dethvirdethvir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't think this game is Pay to Win. I have had no problem running epic dungeons farming gear to sell for AD and the Armor/Weapon Enchantments. Not to mention the amount of AD you can make from Professions. The prices of the blue wards on the AH at least on the Dragon server are roughly 400-500kAD. Plus the fact that you can make AD from Skirmishes, Ctrl+I, selling glory gear. Every time I have needed one of the blue wards I have been able to farm out the AD in max two days.

I see that a lot of your arguments are semi valid but it appears the majority of you either do not understand how to create an income of AD at end game or are just lazy and complaining. If it ever gets to the point where I feel like someone who spends money on the game has any advantage over me I will come back to this post and state that I was wrong but for the time being I have no trouble completing the majority of the T2 Dungeons or competing in PvP. If anything the farming is about 100XLess in this game than a lot of sub based MMOS.

Good Day.
  • Options
    energslaveenergslave Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    160$ is not pay to win. go to runes of magic I knew a guy there who spent over 1k dollars and didnt even get to enchant 1 weapon to +13. or allods where it can cost you few hundred dollars just to get a bonus earing slot or a bonus trinket along with people spending over 10thousand dollars to be competitive in pvp with high level runes. although i do not like enchant system that revolves around cash shop like that it is still much cheaper than other f2p games that i would more strongly consider pay to win. is there a list some where i can see all these enchants i dont know any
  • Options
    aminalxaminalx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sotocles wrote: »
    Logged into the forums for the first time to tell you cry baby americans that this man is your true champion.

I agree.. This stuff either costs your time to farm the AD or real money.. That's the thing about Cryptic, they made it so you never have to spend a dime to get anything in this game thanks to the AH trading AD for Zen. Either put the time in to get the AD or spend your real money.. IDC either way, but since you are already putting time in the game to level and get gear, might as well farm to... sissies..
  • Options
    lecky01lecky01 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm pretty sure selling your house to compete is a MASSIVE exaggeration on your part.

Pretty sure.

Well if they can afford a house mortgage, I don't think these people will complain about a $15 monthly fee for an MMO.
  • Options
    tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nothing new. Perfect World is known to kill their games with P2W items on cash shop. That's why all the smart gamers just play their games for the first couple of months then moves on to another game.

30% chance to stun on crit is pretty nasty, but people are wrong when they say it will benefit rogue the most. Rogues don't rely on at-wills or combo attacks. Rogues rely on burst damage which is their ultimate daily power at level 55.

The class that will benefit the most from the 30% chance to stun on crit is GWF with their aoe combo attacks and at-wills.
  • Options
    teemoorteemoor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    Well, 1st of all, blue wards cost $10 in Zen store. But they go for 70-80k AD at AH. 2nd - shards drop like 4-5 times per run in an epic dungeon. I have around 40 of them already. And they are sold on AH starting with 5k AD and up. Or you could just buy lesser pyrple ones for 100k+ each. And as time goes on prices will drop. So what you're looking at is not $160, it's more like 3 mil AD (even if you buy everything from AH). Which is not much.

People are strange... They protect $40 mounts, but refuse to pay a bit more for something actually useful (I'm talking paying AD, not $).
  • Options
    tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tenkuro wrote: »
    Nothing new. Perfect World is known to kill their games with P2W items on cash shop. That's why all the smart gamers just play their games for the first couple of months then moves on to another game.

30% chance to stun on crit is pretty nasty, but people are wrong when they say it will benefit rogue the most. Rogues don't rely on at-wills or combo attacks. Rogues rely on burst damage which is their ultimate daily power at level 55.

The class that will benefit the most from the 30% chance to stun on crit is GWF with their aoe combo attacks and at-wills.

I just read the description ingame.... the OP is totally confusing. It's a 30% chance to stun an enemy that's attacking you and can only happen once every 60 seconds. It goes into defensive enchant slot. -_-
  • Options
    djleberdjleber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Blue wards on the AH are 100k diamonds. easy to earn through finding gear and selling it, daily mission turn ins. stop whinging cos ur too slack to earn it. thats what im doing and its fine. u want casualcraft?
  • Options
    dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    energslave wrote: »
    160$ is not pay to win. go to runes of magic I knew a guy there who spent over 1k dollars and didnt even get to enchant 1 weapon to +13. or allods where it can cost you few hundred dollars just to get a bonus earing slot or a bonus trinket along with people spending over 10thousand dollars to be competitive in pvp with high level runes. although i do not like enchant system that revolves around cash shop like that it is still much cheaper than other f2p games that i would more strongly consider pay to win. is there a list some where i can see all these enchants i dont know any

those are korean games. korean games ARE pay to win because of the exact. same. lame. <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. enchant system every single korean mmo has without exception.

this is unacceptable for a western release.
  • Options
    bismar7bismar7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I Want An ADMIN or DEV response to this thread.
    26.jpg
  • Options
    stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tenkuro wrote: »

GWFs and CWs will be mutilating people with this in a month or so and then people will see the p2w.