test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TR got ninja nerfed. Rejoice whiners, they finally caved in.

124»

Comments

• bellylintbellylint Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah poor poor rogues who wins everything against anyone who now will complain they may not do that anymore cause that's your role of course, to win against any class and any mobs... of course!
  • pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    In their other games, they give free respecs when major changes happen, so I'm not worried about this. Fixing a bug doesn't qualify as a major change, since the skill works like it says in the tooltip. It just did more damage because it was bugged. It's still a very good skill.

Apologist.
  • doomsagadoomsaga Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    my sympathy for rogues right now is less than 0. You guys are still powerful. This q.q. is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> especially since it didn't kill your viability nor does it prevent you from still being at the top. It like complaining that you are less OP.
  • cocksworthcocksworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a PVE specced stealth TR this is my care face.
  • doomsagadoomsaga Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    decivex wrote: »
    You're correct, but when a lot of people start saying the same thing, and many of those people are known for fact based rational thought and opinion, it deserves a second look. Not a single person ever said that because one random person said something that it is automatically true.

Less speculation more facts/testing.

Lets get thing straight. A LOT of the rogues q.q.ing right now are not "known for fact based rational thought and opinion". You threw that in there to make your argument sound stronger than what it actually is. The fact of the matter is you do not have enough facts to back up your claim and everyone against it has the developer's response to back it up. Again just because someone says something, it does not make it true.(this also applies to a group of people).
  • perfectself82perfectself82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    urdefmad wrote: »
    ^anyone whos not chit at pvp knows rogue isn't half as OP as all the QQ'ers like yourself make them out to be

good players can handle rogues fine

Good players can still do everything they did before with their rogues. You wouldn't know anything about that though.

The only problem with this whole situation is lack of detailed patch notes for all changes. Ninja changes/fixes/adjustments are BS, I think we can all agree on that. Better documentation and communication in the future would be excellent.
  • lady808lady808 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To those that believe that Cryptic does NOT do stealth nerfs. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but they do. Coming from CO, they did this a LOT after PWE took over. They also stopped giving out retcons/respecs with announced changes or nerfs. It actually became fairly common. One day you'd play with your character and the build would work just fine. The next day, it didn't handle as well. This kind of became a sad fact of life on CO. One of the many reasons why I left. I was always a proponent of skill vs build though. Sure, build helps out a LOT, but a skilled player can still beat an unskilled one more often than not. Give both skilled and unskilled people the exact same build and the skilled player would faceroll the unskilled one almost every time. I say "almost" due to the laws of chance/blind luck. I did a little PvP during Friday and I did notice a damage drop to LB. I also noticed quite a few players who didn't really seem to know what they were doing. I'm not saying I'm any sort of expert, but I'm also fairly observant and I have no need/desire to build any sort of "epeen" (I always hated that word, it was always so "man"-ish. I mean seriously, what do you call it when a girl does it?)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"If you're going to ride my HAMSTER... At least pull my hair"
    Taking the trash out, one badguy at a time.
    "Satisfaction guaranteed or twice your trash back."
  • dezmerdezmer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There was no nerf, if you actually look at both threads it's simply the same person not understanding mitigation from Astral Shield or something like it. They saw 3500 (10001) and assumed that it was a nerf.

Literally all there is to it.
  • decivexdecivex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    doomsaga wrote: »
    Lets get thing straight. A LOT of the rogues q.q.ing right now are not "known for fact based rational thought and opinion". .

Go back and read. I wasn't talking about just the people on this forum, I was talking about the people in my TS that I alluded to in my first post that you originally quoted. The only point I ever made to you is that when a group of people start saying the same thing, it's worth looking in to just to double check. No one ever said that just because a bunch of people are saying something that makes it true - you pulled that out of nowhere to enforce your nerd rage against TR's. The only thing I ever said on this matter is that I want more data and facts to number crunch to see what was changed, if anything, and asked people like you to cite your claims of "this ability was fixed because it ignored armor". I don't know how you took that statement and found offense, but I guess some people just can't comprehend without seeing things that never existed.

Also, gtfo with this "you don't have enough facts and everyone against it has the developer's response to back it up" <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. You are the guy who was going thread to thread QQing about this ability, saying it was broken and known as a broken ability and that this "nerf" was in actuality a "fix". Turns out, the Admin came into the TR forums and said the ability wasn't broken at all in the first place and if the ability was changed accidentally he wants feedback by the TR community so they can revert it back.
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey All,

We've seen a few threads lately where players are posting reports of unexpected changes to Trickster Rogue powers. After doing a detailed review of the recent code changes, we were unable to find anything that alluded to a change of this nature.

Now do everyone a favor and go back to trying to count to potato with your now non-existent credibility.
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got one-shotted by a TR yesterday. He did 14 k damage to me.

Not that I'm complaining, my gear is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> atm. But I don't think they're at such a bad spot. The team who has more CW/TR still wins.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    Not that I'm complaining, my gear is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> atm. But I don't think they're at such a bad spot. The team who has more CW/TR still wins.

Clerics, it's all about the clerics, especially now with stacking Astral Shield. I am inclined to include GFs as probably the strongest class in end game PvP, but most people don't play them as well as Envy and some others.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • prisc2prisc2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please see the TR board for proof, or, you know, play one at level 60.

I'm not a troll and it's certainly been nerfed. Lashing Blade was critting for 10k+ if properly executed with the Executioner build, now it hits for like 4k crit with 100% crit severity.

4k crit? 100% severity. if this is true, then it is really nerfed. Because my GWF is critting for 7K++ using indomitable skill... at 90% severity.
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Popcorn-11-Eddie-Griffin_zps2377623f.gif

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    Interesting...according to your definition of "Ninja Nerf" I have been Ninja Nerfed on my Taxes, My Health Care costs, My Pay, My Car Insurance, My Cable Company, My Cell Phone Provider, My Wife, all 3 of my kids and the Vet I take the dog to.

Wtf are you going on about?

I second clcmercy on this thread.
  • fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    dezmer wrote: »
    There was no nerf, if you actually look at both threads it's simply the same person not understanding mitigation from Astral Shield or something like it. They saw 3500 (10001) and assumed that it was a nerf.

But there is! Because they saw it! So therefore it must be so!

....and blah de blah blah nerf whatever class made me slam my desktop. The usual ***** fest ensues.

/emotes colorful butterflies to appease potential ragers
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezmer wrote: »

My TR alt is languishing at the moment because it just felt like cheat mode while leveling compared to the other classes, so I can't say if it has been nerfed or not.

It would be ironic though if this entire nerf business was just because one TR made a mistake and other just jumped on the bandwagon. (Not that I am explicitly saying that many of the players who went TR did so only because it is so powerful, and they just jumped on the bandwagon of course......)