test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.21

Comments

• shepherdofmanshepherdofman Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Fix AFK'ers in PVP

Fix how easy it is for GF's and GWF's and CW's to stunlock an enemy.

Fix me a sandwich.

Fix Auction House filtering

Fix Gearscores and HP (if you haven't noticed both your gearscore and max hp fluxuate randomly.)

Fix Zone chat by implementing a spam filter, giving a trade chat, and new player chat. Fix chat bot spammers by putting in a level requirement to use Zone chat.
    ~They are Lions, and I am their Shepherd~
  • yupp99yupp99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    xarra1972 wrote: »
    I second this! Where are the training tomes!

It would make a big difference for me.So two thumbs up!
  • coldsoul69coldsoul69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fix this.
    weirdlooking_zps2b6fed04.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nohope82nohope82 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only reason I came to Neverwinter was for Foundry, and you guys nerfed that **** into oblivion. Which pretty much made me want to quit because your decision making for handling things is just awful. The freedom of Neverwinter was what drew me to it, "finally," I said to myself, "I wont have to spam quests and run around until max level." So what if I liked grinding in Foundry? It's my choice and you completely took it away from me. A game where developers reduce your freedom of choice is not needed in the gaming community. I won't even begin to start with the obscene amount of AD it takes to respec feats or the zen required to respec powers. Not only that but the very subtle "you should buy zen" undertone that perpetuates the game. When Wildstar comes out, I hope you've pulled your head out of your *** by then or else you really have no chance of competing.

There is a vast difference between grinding foundry and the exploiting people were doing that caused it to happen. you want to rant at someone? Rant at the jackasses who decided that cheating was a better way to do things.
  • nohope82nohope82 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here let me give you analogy, when you played Borderlands, did you have more fun on your first play-through when you had no skills and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> gear, or did you have more fun on your second play-through when you've maxed your tree and have a bad-*** exploding volcano sniper rifle?

Your entitlement is sickening. You intend to speak on behalf of others like you know what you're talking about. As a matter of fact if the questing process is fun I'll remember that if I stop playing and want to play again. In addition your Borderlands reference is stupid and flawed, BL and BL2 is more about the loot and the funny quips than the quests and ANYONE who has played that game knows this
  • thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still no news on companion upgrade books or what currency they'll use (as if ad/zen isn't obvious), still no use for gold and still no change to loot system?
    Great work Cryptic.
  • thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nohope82 wrote: »
    Your entitlement is sickening. You intend to speak on behalf of others like you know what you're talking about. As a matter of fact if the questing process is fun I'll remember that if I stop playing and want to play again. In addition your Borderlands reference is stupid and flawed, BL and BL2 is more about the loot and the funny quips than the quests and ANYONE who has played that game knows this

and your point is moot.
    He wants to run around feeling all powerful, why shouldn't he?!
  • solwrathsolwrath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 79
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    • A "Texture Out of Memory" crash that affects 32-bit systems has been addressed.
    Sweet! this was starting to bug me, happened about 2 mins before the servers went down, at leeast it had a sense of good timing I guess :P
  • mrvidamrvida Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    silentiltm wrote: »
    Why does the patch freeze? Downloads very slow and then hangs...

Because there are thousands of new players all patching various whatnots constantly draining their only slightly beta tested servers.

Some hiccups in the first couple of months while literally everyone's games get on the same level as far as downloading new areas are to be expected. And also each time the devs tweak said areas.
  • barginnbarginn Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What if my main focus of the game was end-game PvP and all I wanted to do was level as quickly as possible to enjoy myself? When have you ever looked back on an MMO and said "Oh boy, the most memorable and fun moments were leveling to max level." Let me answer that for you: Never. The excitement in an MMO comes from what you do AFTER the grind is over. That's when you truly get to enjoy yourself. This game is hollow at the moment so they don't want people reaching max level. To be honest, I don't really understand why MMO's even use a leveling system anymore. You can just remove levels all together and instead add content that's all level appropriate, that rewards gear, achievements, titles and much more. Yes, it gives you a sense of accomplishment, but mainly it simply gets in the way of experimenting with different classes and ultimately limits the amount of choices you have.

This is a RPG. A FPS sounds a lot more your style. I don't think you like games, I think you like to kill players
  • nickdavison76nickdavison76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll second that :) Maybe it will go some way to evening the gap between rogues and CW in PVP.
    I would love to see some sort of intelligent group selection introduced for both dungeons and PVP:

PVP = if there are two clerics then lets put one on each side
    Epic T2 = Really you are gonna need a cleric for this dungeon, lets not group 5 players together if one of them is not a cleric. (Or even warn the group, there is no cleric do you still want to join the group?)
    Could take other classes into the equation too for PVP.
    Hanspeth Voorg - Master Of The Arcane Arts
  • ninogpninogp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want to know until when they will fix the real problems of the game.

Trickster rogue high damage.

Auction House.

Pvp Balance.

Among others who are the target of criticism every day.
  • khutulunkhutulun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ...I am going to go cold turkey now for the next 90 minutes.... :(

Thanks for the patches and thanks for the great work. Can't wait for maintenance to be over so I can play again!!! Love the game and appreciate all you guys do. :)

PS:
    To all those "whinge fest" people here that bring up Wildstar or Borderlands or whatnot....ummm if you think this game is so bad and those games are so great - go play them but quit yer whinging in here....lol
  • yellersumneryellersumner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The excitement in an MMO comes from what you do AFTER the grind is over. That's when you truly get to enjoy yourself. This game is hollow at the moment so they don't want people reaching max level.
    No, that's when YOU enjoy yourself. Don't try to speak for everyone.

Of course the ground is hollow. You have to have holes in the ground, where else are you going to build dungeons? Above ground in nice happy fields with fluffy bunnies?

Personally, when I capped my character in another MMO, I kinda lost interest after I finished the story. I loved the journey, but eh, whateve's on the destination.
  • mikehamikeha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What if my main focus of the game was end-game PvP and all I wanted to do was level as quickly as possible to enjoy myself? When have you ever looked back on an MMO and said "Oh boy, the most memorable and fun moments were leveling to max level." Let me answer that for you: Never. The excitement in an MMO comes from what you do AFTER the grind is over. That's when you truly get to enjoy yourself. This game is hollow at the moment so they don't want people reaching max level. To be honest, I don't really understand why MMO's even use a leveling system anymore. You can just remove levels all together and instead add content that's all level appropriate, that rewards gear, achievements, titles and much more. Yes, it gives you a sense of accomplishment, but mainly it simply gets in the way of experimenting with different classes and ultimately limits the amount of choices you have.

Please speak for your self I love the leveling portion of the game more then the end game which can be come the same dungeons or pvp scenario over and over again for all eternity. Also not sure what you mean gets in the way of experimenting with different classes a leveling system does no such thing
  • lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agreed but looking like they aren't going to fix it. Might be time to move on.

Bye, and take your easy mode with you on your way out.
  • crovax1188crovax1188 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only reason I came to Neverwinter was for Foundry, and you guys nerfed that **** into oblivion. Which pretty much made me want to quit because your decision making for handling things is just awful. The freedom of Neverwinter was what drew me to it, "finally," I said to myself, "I wont have to spam quests and run around until max level." So what if I liked grinding in Foundry? It's my choice and you completely took it away from me. A game where developers reduce your freedom of choice is not needed in the gaming community. I won't even begin to start with the obscene amount of AD it takes to respec feats or the zen required to respec powers. Not only that but the very subtle "you should buy zen" undertone that perpetuates the game. When Wildstar comes out, I hope you've pulled your head out of your *** by then or else you really have no chance of competing.

cry me a river...
  • basement12basement12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    games been out a week and kids want a million patches/updates already...lold
    edited May 2013
    ninogp wrote: »

Auction House.

Pvp Balance.

1. Rogues are supposed to be high damage. Not sure how much more this can be explained to you dumbazzes

2. Valid point.

3. PvP is not the center point of this game, also explained ad nauseum to you handful of dolts who cannot take a hint.
    edited May 2013

Auction House.

Pvp Balance.

Nothing wrong with TR damage. It's a high dps single target class. Live with it.

Hows about they address and FIX these nagging problems before creating new ones:

1. Gold is useless.
    2. Auction house and mail interface is **** house and unintuitive.
    3. Chat system is borked. Auto fill needs to be an on/off toggle.
    4. End game is not viable unless you want to pay real money to get the most out of enchants and respecs.
    5. GWF.
    6. Loot system needs an overhaul. Boss drops should be made Bind on pickup and only those who can use should be allowed to roll need. See WoW if you don't know wtf im on about.
    7. dungeon and skirmish queue is busted. FIX.
    edited May 2013

Auction House.

Pvp Balance.

blah blah blah cry me a river
  • roybm90roybm90 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013

wtf? Why play a RPG type game with a good solid story behind it, if all you want to be is level 60, with top gear, and do nothing but the same exact thing every single day you log in?
    If you like only PVP... maybe go play a PVP only game like LoL.

As for maxing your level out in this game, if you ask me, you get way too much xp from just doing the quests, dailies and other stuff available.
    I kind of feel like I am being rushed to 60. I wasn't even able to enjoy some of the skirmishes introduced for a mid 30. By the time I did 2 I was not qualified for it any more.

I love this game, but when are these mmo makers going to realize, to keep a solid player base, you cant let them rush to max level so quickly by giving out so much xp.
    There is a reason why EQ1 lasted so many years and is still alive. You had to WORK for your treasures and levels :)
  • asdfasdfgfasdfasdfgf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Currently if you disconnect during a dungeon, you log back in at the beginning of the dungeon. Fix this and I will be a happy camper. Our healer having to run 5,000m just to get back to the last boss fight is a little irritating.

Thanks.
  • barginnbarginn Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thevlaka wrote: »
    6. Loot system needs an overhaul. Boss drops should be made Bind on pickup and only those who can use should be allowed to roll need. See WoW if you don't know wtf im on about.

BoP is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, wow sucks for that. Tradeable FTW. That's what level requirements are for.
    edited May 2013
    roybm90 wrote: »
    wtf? Why play a RPG type game with a good solid story behind it, if all you want to be is level 60, with top gear, and do nothing but the same exact thing every single day you log in?
    If you like only PVP... maybe go play a PVP only game like LoL.

As for maxing your level out in this game, if you ask me, you get way too much xp from just doing the quests, dailies and other stuff available.
    I kind of feel like I am being rushed to 60. I wasn't even able to enjoy some of the skirmishes introduced for a mid 30. By the time I did 2 I was not qualified for it any more.

I love this game, but when are these mmo makers going to realize, to keep a solid player base, you cant let them rush to max level so quickly by giving out so much xp.
    There is a reason why EQ1 lasted so many years and is still alive. You had to WORK for your treasures and levels :)

Win - ten character limit
    edited May 2013
    asdfasdfgf wrote: »
    Currently if you disconnect during a dungeon, you log back in at the beginning of the dungeon. Fix this and I will be a happy camper. Our healer having to run 5,000m just to get back to the last boss fight is a little irritating.

Thanks.

here is a fix, get off ur walmart internet
  • mysticmarksmysticmarks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Too slow on foundry adjustments. We need at least one epic boss choice(dragon, beholder, etc) amd a blue chest or 2 to even make this a DM tool. Mob runs are a waste of map layout and event chain programming. I was in the middle of one when the server went down. Can you add a server notification to the foundry? I would like to know before it goes dow n in there as well. While doing that, I also suggest having more appear and disappear options for npc, door, and objects. ALSO, I should be able to require an object to open a door as a key without having to have it be a part of the actual quest line. In the case of multiple door options, it would make sense to have that available to ensure quest completion. I also think that the foundry needs a 3d preview window and 3d manual axial adjustments in that window. On the items tab, we should be able to build gear and at least have a rand roll for values. I would like to create Unique rewards for foundry runs, but ones that will fit nicely into standards.
    Sometimes you're your own best teacher. ~Me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nickdavison76nickdavison76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's pretty amazing the attitude of a lot of players on these forums. The game is in BETA
    It will have faults, and the whole purpose of beta is to identify and fix them. A lot of people seem to think they have the right to be obnoxious and make demands for certain bugs to be fixed immediately for some reason. I am sure Cryptic have an agenda in place and have already prioritized the fix schedule to determine what gets fixed and in what order. By all means make suggestions, but I would be very surprised if making demands for a certain fix to be done immediately in a disrespectful manner gains you anything other than animosity from the Dev team.
    Hanspeth Voorg - Master Of The Arcane Arts
  • shepherdofmanshepherdofman Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Let me explain Shocking Execution to people because they do not seem to understand.

Shocking Execution (according to what my skill list says currently) does 14k-17k damage and ignores defense. It does bonus damage based off enemies current health, the lower the more damage it does. If I ever used it flat out on someone full hp it'd do like 6-8k damage. If you widdle someone's hp down to half, chances are using it then will kill them.

And why cry about TR damage anyway? Chances are you just have no idea how to play your toon. I've VS's GF's GWF's CW's and Clerics even who can handle their own vs a TR. Just learn what the hell you're doing and it's not going to be a big deal.
    ~They are Lions, and I am their Shepherd~
  • create26create26 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    barginn wrote: »
    BoP is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, wow sucks for that. Tradeable FTW. That's what level requirements are for.
    Tradable for those who were in party
This discussion has been closed.