What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.21

Comments

• Options
    shepherdofmanshepherdofman Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's pretty amazing the attitude of a lot of players on these forums. The game is in BETA
    It will have faults, and the whole purpose of beta is to identify and fix them. A lot of people seem to think they have the right to be obnoxious and make demands for certain bugs to be fixed immediately for some reason. I am sure Cryptic have an agenda in place and have already prioritized the fix schedule to determine what gets fixed and in what order. By all means make suggestions, but I would be very surprised if making demands for a certain fix to be done immediately in a disrespectful manner gains you anything other than animosity from the Dev team.

The player's needs should be their agenda. What would you do if you went to a restraunt and ordered a steak but you got a fish cause that's what they were cooking? :\ you don't understand business.

But having said that it doesn't matter how ******y PWE act's people are still going to play this game even if they cry for hours and write a diary about how much they hate life. They'll still play it.
    ~They are Lions, and I am their Shepherd~
  • Options
    tsxlmaotsxlmao Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For those of you crying about them nerfing the Foundry. You caused it. Not them. You abused it so they took necessary measures in lowering the exp gain. You should be playing the quest for the quest not the exp. Stop being Ignorant and blaming them for your actions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sabyth55sabyth55 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's pretty amazing the attitude of a lot of players on these forums. The game is in BETA
    It will have faults, and the whole purpose of beta is to identify and fix them. A lot of people seem to think they have the right to be obnoxious and make demands for certain bugs to be fixed immediately for some reason. I am sure Cryptic have an agenda in place and have already prioritized the fix schedule to determine what gets fixed and in what order. By all means make suggestions, but I would be very surprised if making demands for a certain fix to be done immediately in a disrespectful manner gains you anything other than animosity from the Dev team.

Absolutely!
  • Options
    shepherdofmanshepherdofman Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tsxlmao wrote: »
    For those of you crying about them nerfing the Foundry. You caused it. Not them. You abused it so they took necessary measures in lowering the exp gain. You should be playing the quest for the quest not the exp. Stop being Ignorant and blaming them for your actions.

What was the deal with foundry? too much xp? I've never done foundry. I went from 10 to 60 90% of the time doing pvp
    ~They are Lions, and I am their Shepherd~
  • Options
    malloy56malloy56 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What if my main focus of the game was end-game PvP and all I wanted to do was level as quickly as possible to enjoy myself? When have you ever looked back on an MMO and said "Oh boy, the most memorable and fun moments were leveling to max level." Let me answer that for you: Never. The excitement in an MMO comes from what you do AFTER the grind is over. That's when you truly get to enjoy yourself. This game is hollow at the moment so they don't want people reaching max level. To be honest, I don't really understand why MMO's even use a leveling system anymore. You can just remove levels all together and instead add content that's all level appropriate, that rewards gear, achievements, titles and much more. Yes, it gives you a sense of accomplishment, but mainly it simply gets in the way of experimenting with different classes and ultimately limits the amount of choices you have.

I agree with some of what you are saying. But having reached end game in WoW, CoH, and other MMO's, I loved the journey. It was great to not have to set my schedule to "raid" or the equivalent. There was sometimes a lot of stress teaching 'new' raiders how to do new runs. Content I was able to do in an hour or two really was the most fun for me. When you add on family, work, and real world; I don't mind a fun filed hour. Especially without the "LF DPS/TANK/Heals 4 Raid. Have 'gear score/ach' or you will get kicked."

You would be happy doing 'endgame', until you had to spend all the time teaching people who don't know there class. Then the rage quits that always seem to happen. I do like a lot of your ideas though. Suggestions like that would make the player type you are, and the player type I happen to be. Make sure you stay productive about good ideas; MMO's are only as good as their player base IMO.
  • Options
    keneringkenering Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's been 2 weeks from early-access already, any info about new classes, Cryptic? No, really, give us some info about it. If you, as you stated, fans of DnD you should know how people loves to play their prefered classes. And for lot of us there isn't such classes.
  • Options
    bugs55678bugs55678 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only reason I came to Neverwinter was for Foundry, and you guys nerfed that **** into oblivion. Which pretty much made me want to quit because your decision making for handling things is just awful. The freedom of Neverwinter was what drew me to it, "finally," I said to myself, "I wont have to spam quests and run around until max level." So what if I liked grinding in Foundry? It's my choice and you completely took it away from me. A game where developers reduce your freedom of choice is not needed in the gaming community. I won't even begin to start with the obscene amount of AD it takes to respec feats or the zen required to respec powers. Not only that but the very subtle "you should buy zen" undertone that perpetuates the game. When Wildstar comes out, I hope you've pulled your head out of your *** by then or else you really have no chance of competing.

The foundry isnt there to give you mass amounts of XP so that you can get to level 60 in 2 days. The foundry is there to provide an infinite amount of content to keep players satisfied in between content adds.

I'm sorry if you thought the foundry was there for you to level up in, but that's not what it was ever intended to be.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    good example of the journey to end game:

First Vanilla WoW mount purchase at lvl 40. The leveling and the time taken to make 100g back in Vanilla. It sucked until I bought my Nightsaber.....good MMO journey.
  • Options
    tsxlmaotsxlmao Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah people were going from 15 to 60 in an hour with some maps. Most were just Orges on a rock that simply needed to be pushed off and you level. Pathetic in my eyes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    good ideas. you make great points. Hope they listen.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The only reason I came to Neverwinter was for Foundry, and you guys nerfed that **** into oblivion. Which pretty much made me want to quit because your decision making for handling things is just awful. The freedom of Neverwinter was what drew me to it, "finally," I said to myself, "I wont have to spam quests and run around until max level." So what if I liked grinding in Foundry? It's my choice and you completely took it away from me. A game where developers reduce your freedom of choice is not needed in the gaming community. I won't even begin to start with the obscene amount of AD it takes to respec feats or the zen required to respec powers. Not only that but the very subtle "you should buy zen" undertone that perpetuates the game. When Wildstar comes out, I hope you've pulled your head out of your *** by then or else you really have no chance of competing.
    Funny how if you put time into this game you can earn Zen It's PayForConvenience not to win. Like are you that lazy? I got 300k AD from selling items I got from about 5 dungeon runs I hope you sir get your head out your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and realize that you are just plain wrong
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    easycore69easycore69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great stuff and all that...however i wonder why certain class (Control Wizard) has lockon skills that cannot be dodged in PVP?
  • Options
    kitkatmariekitkatmarie Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nohope82 wrote: »
    There is a vast difference between grinding foundry and the exploiting people were doing that caused it to happen. you want to rant at someone? Rant at the jackasses who decided that cheating was a better way to do things.

And what would ranting about cheaters do to solve the problem? The truth is that everyone who was exploiting has long been level 60, so because of that Cryptic is only hurting the HONEST people who DIDN'T CHEAT with this change.

I have 4 characters and I don't want to do the same story 4 times if I want to level them. If Cryptic wants to push away the honest people who didn't exploit and be left with only cheaters then so be it. I just hope they realize that the cheaters will be moving on to a different game in a few weeks, while we are the people who spend money and stick around.

I think the best approach is to not rant at all, and maybe give ideas for how to fix it. Like for my problem one solution would be if they allowed full Foundry XP to those who already have a level 60 on their account, or who have completed a specific level 60 quest line.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    And what would ranting about cheaters do to solve the problem? The truth is that everyone who was exploiting has long been level 60, so because of that Cryptic is only hurting the HONEST people who DIDN'T CHEAT with this change.

I have 4 characters and I don't want to do the same story 4 times if I want to level them. If Cryptic wants to push away the honest people who didn't exploit and be left with only cheaters then so be it. I just hope they realize that the cheaters will be moving on to a different game in a few weeks, while we are the people who spend money and stick around.

I think the best approach is to not rant at all, and maybe give ideas for how to fix it. Like for my problem one solution would be if they allowed full Foundry XP to those who already have a level 60 on their account, or who have completed a specific level 60 quest line.
    I have a TR a DC and a GF that I did all legit from questing. It's an MMORPG Don't rush.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bugs55678 wrote: »
    The foundry isnt there to give you mass amounts of XP so that you can get to level 60 in 2 days. The foundry is there to provide an infinite amount of content to keep players satisfied in between content adds.

I'm sorry if you thought the foundry was there for you to level up in, but that's not what it was ever intended to be.

Can you point out where Cryptic says you were never intended to get XP and gear from the Foundry? The thing that attracted me to this game was an article I read that specifically said the OPPOSITE.

In fact, why would they even have full XP and loot in the game to begin with if it wasn't intended? Did they just happen to not notice it was giving XP for years of testing and development? Hmm...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tsxlmao wrote: »
    I have a TR a DC and a GF that I did all legit from questing. It's an MMORPG Don't rush.

I'm not sure how this applies to anything I just said? I am not rushing I have a level 40-something Rogue (and she has done all her in-game story quests!)
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First of all im in no hurry to cap I prefer lower levels to capping. often I never play a character once capped unless I have to except for rp. Ill often play an alt. this game may be different I don't know.

as for foundry .The same exact thing happed with city of heroes foundry equivalent. People found ways to power level. Now I will say city had already been around for 8+ years at this point so most everyone had at least one maxed character heck some people had 10+ maxed characters. also there was a lot of good reasons to have at least one maxed characters unlocked classes for one.

Also in their case the foundry equivalent gave tickets not normal currency that could be used to buy titles and stuff. and you couldn't use it to get slayer badges either. but even so they nerfed the heck out of it to the point very few people used it instead they just did the same dungeons and repeatable missions over and over pretty much having the same power leveling result.

What is my point? well they are probably going to nerf anything you use to power level cause they don't really have much in the way of end game stuff yet. so watch what you complain about cause PVP will be next. and it wont be nerfed in the way you want it to either. To the game I suggest foundry seals instead of gold if you feel people are using it to farm.

And I do think the PVP in this game is relatively fun and feels balanced even if your not killing everyone right and left you still feel like your making a difference by taking pillars and distracting the opponents rogue/mage At one point I think I got the entire enemy team chasing my character in a circle. while my team took pillars. and i'm not much of a PVPer.

I love foundry I think its awesome I love doing daily foundry some day ill make a foundry mission.
  • Options
    presilkpresilk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    asdfasdfgf wrote: »
    Currently if you disconnect during a dungeon, you log back in at the beginning of the dungeon. Fix this and I will be a happy camper. Our healer having to run 5,000m just to get back to the last boss fight is a little irritating.

Thanks.
    +1
    tis very annoying
  • Options
    sirfrogsirfrog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can you point out where Cryptic says you were never intended to get XP and gear from the Foundry? The thing that attracted me to this game was an article I read that specifically said the OPPOSITE.

In fact, why would they even have full XP and loot in the game to begin with if it wasn't intended? Did they just happen to not notice it was giving XP for years of testing and development? Hmm...

You're twisting their words like crazy. The foundry is there to provide unlimited content.

They never said "Play the foundry to hit 60 in one day"
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • Options
    toughtony91toughtony91 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The patch freezes, why? 27% and then it hangs.
  • Options
    lockest27lockest27 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The throne of Idris work?
  • Options
    lupex92lupex92 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Balance your classes already...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    OH FOR GOD'S SAKE WHY CAN'T I DOWNLOAD THE PATCH, can anyone HELP ME OUT ALREADY?
  • Options
    cocodeeinecocodeeine Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Version mismatch for me !!!

Solution ?
  • Options
    poetpwpoetpw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cant login to neverwinter or STO this early morning and the Gateway acount guard always pops up and malfunctions as far as i can figure; my cookies always work on everything but it. Really disappointed bout this; Please let me login; Says too many attempts; like on one try???
    STO from Day 1
    Veteran & Lifer
    http://www.ricksenterprises.com
  • Options
    redstormdracoredstormdraco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thanks guys after this last patch you nerffed the wizards attack power in pvp. my wizard has gear to give me alot of power for attack damage, but now I cant hardly do any damage to anyone any more after this last patch and also after pvp battle is over I have been getting stuck in squad, and only way I can get out is to log out and back in
  • Options
    lolitopinlolitopin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok good job but... what about balance pvp ??? omg...
  • Options
    incendi0incendi0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Combat
    • Item set bonuses now buff Control Wizards with the expected amount of damage.

The 4 piece set bonus for the Control Wizard PvP set still does nothing after this patch. This is the Gladiator Mage's Set consisting of the following 4 pieces:

Gladiator Mage's Cap
    Gladiator Mage's Tunic
    Gladiator Mage's Gloves
    Gladiator Mage's Slippers
    • The bonus says "Powers in your Spell Mastery slot cool down 25% faster".
    • The tooltip does not change when you have the 4 piece bonus equipped.
    • The spell does not cool down any faster with the 4 piece bonus equipped, so it is not just a tooltip error.
    • The set bonus does absolutely nothing.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The patch freezes, why? 27% and then it hangs.
    Help, anyone? It's stuck at this 27-30%. It won't budge, but the 'kbs' recieved keeps on updating. Is there any other way to download the patch? This started after I opened the launcher after the downtime today.
    7RC9KTS.png
  • Options
    kitzakoskitzakos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sooo nothing on "unbind companion" fix yet :)
This discussion has been closed.