What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.21

Comments

• Options
    guardianp93guardianp93 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Level 21 spec for all classes now includes a basic mount.

does this mean we get a free mount? if so where?
  • Options
    pcyqpcyq Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is what i want to see in every patch notes THANKS ALOT MR NEVERWINTER GUY :D

Stability

Some rare crashes have been fixed in the mail UI and text display systems.
    A "Texture Out of Memory" crash that affects 32-bit systems has been addressed.
  • Options
    prin5mikeprin5mike Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Level 21 spec for all classes now includes a basic mount.

does this mean we get a free mount? if so where?

This is only for foundry testing characters.
  • Options
    doctahgdoctahg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PATCH is hanging with a file is locked that cannot be unlock..restarting...any fix for this?
  • Options
    wartimeraiderwartimeraider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    doctahg wrote: »
    PATCH is hanging with a file is locked that cannot be unlock..restarting...any fix for this?

What about it not being something they can fix :D

Try starting the application as Administrator.. the lock thing is the launcher not being able to overwrite something thats read-only .. usually launching it as administrator fixes that :P
    timeraiderlogo2smaller.gif

Elf Control Wizard - Dragon
  • Options
    kyubstamzkyubstamz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still no fix on "Unbinding Companions". I posted a question about it on the patch notes and my comment was removed within 2 hours while all other comments were still there. Hmmm...
  • Options
    iluvfatchicksiluvfatchicks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What about the "server not responding" lag spikes. At points the game unstable. Sometimes lagging out for 2 min then rubberbandingi back to death.
  • Options
    kittledorfkittledorf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 126 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Grrr fix the companion unable to unbindbug, so freaking annoying.
  • Options
    levitatemelevitateme Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can you add a server notification to the foundry?

It's there. You just need to have the chat window open.
    Currently working on : Shopping Mall Security (NW-xxxxxxxxx)
    Author of the LGBT quest: Alternative Entertainment (NW-DHQPDNBZM)
  • Options
    dreadlordmikeydreadlordmikey Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    crovax1188 wrote: »
    here is a fix, get off ur walmart internet

Not all disconnects are caused by the internet. Some are caused by game client crashes.

Your argument fails.
    "Over the course of my many years I have learned one thing: I don't know anything, I only think I do. And I'm not even sure about that." -- Rasgard the Wise
  • Options
    alterreaalterrea Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The ability learning problem still persist for me :(
    Also I can still not increse the stats of my character in foundry:(
    You could also do something with the containous Foundry crashes :(

Otherways keep up the good work guys, the game is awesome! :)
  • Options
    wickwire579wickwire579 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    are we gonna get high-res textures at some point, e.g. after beta? some things look really bad, like stairs and stones
  • Options
    hirichiric Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alterrea wrote: »
    The ability learning problem still persist for me
    Also I can still not increse the stats of my character in foundry
    You could also do something with the containous Foundry crashes

Otherways keep up the good work guys, the game is awesome!

Same here... I opened a ticket (#130509-004011) and a topic, here: FOUNDRY-Respec-is-impossible-Stuck-with-a-character-without-powers
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Foundry
    • Respeccing Foundry Preview characters now properly supports switching classes.
    • The Level 1 spec for all classes has been removed from Preview Mode.
    • The level 10 spec for Great Weapon Fighter now grants items in Preview Mode.
    • The Level 21 spec for all classes now includes a basic mount.

Oh my, I was stuck with this bug, if you really fixed it, I'm in love, only a few days from the ticket! :o:o:o

Thank you!

EDIT: Nope, it's still here... *SOB*
    neverwinterbug01.jpg

Note that the number of spent points, the number of *apparently*assigned power slots in the interface do not match (5 vs 11), and the fact that dragging the just bought daily power to the appropriate slot results in red cross to appear. This means: for some reason I'm unable to buy the daily power (and probably other things)

Sometimes you have to insist on assigning power points without leaving the interface to make them stick, buying things around at random.
    Sometimes they commit (when the "Points Spent" counter decreases) other times they don't.
    But, this is definitely not how things should work.
    Probably having a way to *delete* the character and creating manually from scratch would solve the issue, there are probably leftovers of the previous class/version!

The screenshot is of a respecced level 10 Control Wizard

Please fix this asap, the foundry gets unusable for testing purposes as it is right now, and I'm not alone with this issue! T__T

Also, publishing doesn't seem to be 100% reliable for anyone, so lots of people is really stuck with content creation/testing.
    Ticket number #130509-004011
    Topics: ▬► [FOUNDRY] [BUGS] Reference List and Workarounds

Modules:▬► "Mind Over Matter" NW-DNASR4HTL
    (beta v0.9 - improving dialogues, fine tuning encounters, 99% bug free)
  • Options
    maltinpolarmaltinpolar Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To be honest, I don't really understand why MMO's even use a leveling system anymore. You can just remove levels all together and instead add content that's all level appropriate, that rewards gear, achievements, titles and much more.

Yeah, that makes sense...
  • Options
    garamel1garamel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Finaly, good job :D
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still no Idris dungeon delves fix , gratz dev team you're the best - not .
  • Options
    brightstarfirebrightstarfire Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know this has been an outstanding gaming experience so far. Not only the game itself but the dedicated team behind it that is constantly keeping us in the loop and working for us. We are NOT required to buy anything the choice is yours. Play slow and steady and get the same things as the folks who want it right now and are willing to pay. I am disgusted with the gaming community's lack of support for this game and the fact that whiners much always think that it has to be their way or the game is a bomb. This is just ridiculous. We are in OPEN BETA. That means there will be glitches and hiccups and problems. However, there have been far and few in comparison to previous games and closed betas that I have experienced. So something got nerfed. So something got changed up. It will only be in the release if it works. If it doesn't that is what these forums are for. Hey devs I don't like this or Hey devs this isn't working for me. Those comments are what they need. Not your armchair philosophies of what an MMORPG is supposed to be. I don't recall there being a Surgeon General for Gaming! Belly aching and saying this game (insert insult here) is so beyond infantile. Do you think they are going to take us seriously if all they read are "Cartman" responses of "screw you guys, I'm going home!"? Why not offer a solution or simply say .. this doesn't work for me. For D&D fans this game is fantastic and the way it's been translated to MMO status is just amazing! The lore the world and the story are 5 star work and this is only open beta. So stop expecting everything to be perfect and help with making it perfect for release. If you want it perfect then I suggest waiting for release when it has all been sorted. Apologies Development team but I am tired of folks belly aching at you all for things that are still working in progress. The changes and response so far has been outstanding and I see it only getting better. I appreciate all you do and I'm sure there are more fans than Naysayers! Thank you for a phenomenal gaming experience and can't wait til release is here for all the stuff we haven't gotten to experience yet! For those gamers that have been stand up and helpful during this beta .. please disregard.
  • Options
    daremo069daremo069 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mail sending people to the gateway is one thing, but how about having the mail servers actually send out the one time code. I have been waiting for 45min for mine and there is no option to resend the code.
  • Options
    cromaggakcromaggak Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Open up game file, and i get a small white window that says attempting to update launcher, please be patient, and it says ties failed 1, and then says my connection isnt working 0_o
  • Options
    spellwardenspellwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 357 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    CW PvP gear still does not decrease tabslot cd.
  • Options
    jhayr0521jhayr0521 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why it says "script error" while loading the launcher?
  • Options
    jhayr0521jhayr0521 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When Im going on PVP, suddenly indicated "cryptic crashed".. why did it happen?
  • Options
    jerden15jerden15 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having the same issue ill get logged in and after a couple minutes game locks up and crashes. Then when I try to log back in get patching (patch failed or error messages for script ) .
  • Options
    annastrianannastrian Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Failed again Cryptic.
  • Options
    infinitesyninfinitesyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd post this somewhere else but it takes 10 minutes to navigate from page to page in the forum atm. How about fixing the physics when riding a mount with a cloak equipped. While riding forward the cloak flows forward over the characters head. Looks pretty geh for a lvl 60 to be riding around town with a cloak over my face. I know I'm an ugly half-orc and all but really?
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ^LoL, too funny. He is right though, the cape does need to be fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    eaxxeeaxxe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow after reading all these post i am tired. So let me put my 2 cents in.
    1. thing in this game cost too much
    2. people are calling this a RPG. I wouldn't quite call it an RPG. Maybe a action game with a story. There is no roleplaying here just questing.
    3. Being a Fan of D&D i was expecting more of an open world. When i saw the vid of the Drow riding in town on their spider mounts i got excited so i spent the $200 for the pack. Needless to say when i saw the layout of the game i was a little disappointed. The biggest parts of a D&D world is adventuring. Porting to the different location kills that. This is just my opinion but this will keep true D&Ders away from neverwinter that and the lack of roleplaying like you could find on the old neverwinter nights 1 and 2 home made worlds.
    Don't get me wrong this is a great game just not a great D&D game.
    i could go on and talk about the lack of classes but they will fix that in the future i hope.
  • Options
    ayano0oayano0o Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Foundry
    • Respeccing Foundry Preview characters now properly supports switching classes.
    • The mail sent at level 15 informing players of the Foundry now has URLs for the Foundry forums and the Neverwinter Wiki.
    • The Level 1 spec for all classes has been removed from Preview Mode.
    • The level 10 spec for Great Weapon Fighter now grants items in Preview Mode.
    • The Level 21 spec for all classes now includes a basic mount.
    worked for first respec after patch, and again bugged...
    cw pvp set also buggy

so many bugs and the so called "fixes" fix nothing at all, but there's time to add more zen-items for ridiculously high prices?! why is this game in open beta anyway...
  • Options
    thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ayano0o wrote: »
    worked for first respec after patch, and again bugged...
    cw pvp set also buggy

so many bugs and the so called "fixes" fix nothing at all, but there's time to add more zen-items for ridiculously high prices?! why is this game in open beta anyway...

shh it's open beta but theyre charging through the nose via the cash shop while the going is good until everyone jumps ship to Wildstar or something that's not PWE.

Here's what needs to be fixed:

1. Turn off Auto Fill ****ing chat ****.
    2. Reporting afk'ers or a 5min afk auto boot out in pvp.
    3. Invite to party via right clicking a name.
    4. Make boss drops Bind on Pickup and only those who can use roll need.
    5. Respecs to cost gold not ****ing money.
    6. Make gold useful or **** it off all together.
    7. More areas, less instancing and less invisible walls.
    8. More user friendly Auction House and Mail.
    9. Craftable bags.
    9. High level/end game enchants costing $160 to craft...GTFO.
  • Options
    iminers242iminers242 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thevlaka wrote: »
    shh it's open beta but theyre charging through the nose via the cash shop while the going is good until everyone jumps ship to Wildstar or something that's not PWE.

Here's what needs to be fixed:

1. Turn off Auto Fill ****ing chat ****.
    2. Reporting afk'ers or a 5min afk auto boot out in pvp.
    3. Invite to party via right clicking a name.
    4. Make boss drops Bind on Pickup and only those who can use roll need.
    5. Respecs to cost gold not ****ing money.
    6. Make gold useful or **** it off all together.
    7. More areas, less instancing and less invisible walls.
    8. More user friendly Auction House and Mail.
    9. Craftable bags.
    9. High level/end game enchants costing $160 to craft...GTFO.

All this. And could you please do something about the fps problems?
This discussion has been closed.